Are Turtle the best tribe out there on W72?

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
there was a merger between Ninja and turtle but that didnt put us at number one... and the whole point of an academy is to replace inactive, quit players... you sound surprised which is weird.
Why would I be surprised that Ninja merged with Turtle? lol.
Here is a real ratio that shows some actual intel ie which tribes are agressive...

Turtles ODA ratio is: 5.46
Cruel ODA ratio is: 4.70
Mayhem ODA ratio is: 3.73
Captcha ODA ratio is: 4.21
What methods/data did you use to come to those ratios?
Yes Noobs account is one of the better accounts in Turtle but there are several accounts with in turtle that are always attacking and help defend.
Yeah, I forgot about nggdavid. Has some nice ODA. :p
People have always posted these types of stats as if to say a tribe that recruits/mergers is somehow weaker then the ones that dont do that... which is a complete false hood, usually used to offset other bad stats with in the tribe posting this junk. i can post several smaller tribes in this world with much lower tribe changes then any of the top 5 tribes but there relevance or ability to win the world is extremely low. ultimately what happens as shown in Captcha is inactive strikes and you disband unless you bring in new players... other then that this stat shows very little...
The tribe changes stats were merely done to show the large number of people that have come and gone through the turtle family.
I like that when turtle recruits or brings up players from the academy there noobs but when mayhem recruits skype left overs there top notch or captcha and selfie.... lmao Hippocrates at its finest.
When I call players "noobs" it does not necessarily mean I'm insulting anybody. I call most people noobs. :D Heck, if people ask, I tell them I'm a noob. :D
Lmao if that is what you are using to gauge all this then you really are deluded
No, I'm not necessarily using the war stat ratios to gauge things, rather using them as a solid statistic to comment on and use for comparison.
We have also been in the top 2-3 nobling every week for the last year so obviously were active
Whenever I look at the world noblings map and see the Turtle or Nomad conquers, I simply divide the totals by two or three respectively (now you can add Mayhem into that as well) because those totals are combinations of a family of tribes, not the individual tribes themselves.
This has to be one of the most condescending comments ive seen in these forums to date... improve yourselves... geez.
Take my comment how you wish. It wasn't meant as condescending statement when I wrote it. Rather it was meant as a sincere statement to encourage improvement. :)
rather then coming here to attempt and fail to criticize others... just saying...
I wasn't criticizing others, rather individual tribes. I wasn't insulting or criticizing individual players.
because we dont agree with you or your opinions and turtle is the most active tribe in the externals makes us trollz?
No. You can take the term "Turtle Trolls" to mean a member from Turtle that posts on the externals, or one of the many players that constantly posts in two of the biggest external threads in this world ("Skype's Little Trip To Turtle" and "Turtle can't handle 800813s") which are 27 and 26 pages long respectively.
This is over simplified however in my experience this is the case for all end game tribes and worlds.
Are you implying that we are in endgame? We are certainly nowhere near endgame. It'll probably be at least a year to a year and a half before any tribe is close to endgame, and that's if nothing major changes such as a split in the top tribes.
Turtle is one of the oldest tribes in the world and has been in countless wars the entire time... which is to say they declare in game which other tribes dont... but keep thinking that means anything... a perfect example is selfie look at there ratio... by your logic there the elite of the elite of this world.
lol. Why would you think my logic says Selfie are the "elite"?
if you think cruel attacking captcha was saving turtle then the same could be said about Mayhem taking over the war from captcha against turtle
I agree with that statement.
it would have been perfectly clear that the longest standing alliance on w72 would fight each others war targets...
When I said that it was a surprising move, what I meant was that 800813 were focused on fighting turtle, and at the same time they were using the defense from the villages they had on the Cruel/800813 border to support and fight against Selfie. So when Cruel declared, 800813 wasn't prepared for war along their northern border.
to think Cruel wouldnt attack you guys is just funny...
lol. Is that to say you think I'm in 800813?

Last edited:

DeletedUser113454

Time for an Idiot's perspective. Are Turtle the best tribe? I guess that depends on your definition of 'best'. They're rank #1 and only 1 tribe can win this world, so from that perspective, they have to be the best. However, the OP question was, I suspect, a deliberately loaded one to provoke debate, for which I applaud the OP. What I suspect the OP was trying to provoke was a variation on the usual debate over which tribe has the most skilled fighters. Turtle certainly have their share and maybe more than their share because (and here I agree with Asylum) the quality of players on this world has been generally low. I'm not saying I'm the best fighter ever (I'm certainly not) but even an Idiot like me has struggled to find an opponent to provide much of a challenge (I live in hope, though, as I begin yet another redeployment to yet another front). Are Turtle the best fighters? I really don't know. You can argue the stats to death (and people have) and still not agree on which tribe has the best fighters, though Turtle would have to be up there with the best. I am firmly in the camp of those who like a good fight and wish that winning a world was all about fighting but sadly, despite the name of the game, it simply isn't. To win this world a tribe needs to own 60% of the player owned villages so it becomes a matter of outgrowing your opponents rather than necessarily pummelling them into dust. In my opinion (yes, that of an Idiot), the reason Turtle is rank #1 is because we have not only those who can take on the enemy and win but also those who provide growth through other means (cough, cough barbling - there, I said it, now I'll wash my mouth out with soap). Much as I find that distasteful, it is still a legitimate way to grow and I find I'm strangely appreciative of those people who're saving me from weeks of tedium by jumping onto the Skype corpse to finish it off now it's become easy prey, while those of us who like a fight go in search of new challenges. We also have leadership that realises war can be won through diplomacy and recruitment as well as by conventional means. Whilst the purists (or Idiots) might not like it, recruiting from the enemy to accelerate their demise is a valid tactic and something for which I have come to admire our leadership. I know if I were in charge, I'd show the enemies no mercy and fight to the death and as a result my tribe would be bogged down in endless struggle and would have but a fraction of the growth Turtle has had. So, given all that, an Idiots conclusion is that Turtle are currently the best tribe and are likely to stay that way until the end game. Feel free to differ. I am, after all, an Idiot :icon_wink:.

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I thought it was a nice post, even if our opinions differ on some matters. :)

DeletedUser

Yo Pillage, use an indent/paragraph every now and again and stop posting from your phone

Idiot :lol:

rich26ca

coming from you Walter that is a joke... your tribes growth and activity has grown pretty stale compared to where it started but your growth is exceptional so it must be for the best of the tribe right, lol :icon_rolleyes: you keep doing you boo... its working great for your opponent, lol :icon_razz:

@ George

[spoil]
What methods/data did you use to come to those ratios?

ODA ratio's were calculated by ODA/Points

same can be done for players we have a running challenge with in turtle for this but this one was calculated by tribes rather then individual players....

When I call players "noobs" it does not necessarily mean I'm insulting anybody. I call most people noobs. :D Heck, if people ask, I tell them I'm a noob. :D

yeah sorry if i miss read that but generally the term "Noob" is a slur against the players/Tribes

No, I'm not necessarily using the war stat ratios to gauge things, rather using them as a solid statistic to comment on and use for comparison.

thats what im saying its not a solid statistical model as its completely based on if a tribe declares wars... tribes that declare everything in game (like turtle & Ninja). will tend to have lower stats as everything is recorded. tribes that only declare major wars or dont declare at all there stats will be higher. therefore its not a good statistical model as it doesn't stats are skewed based on in game declarations...

Whenever I look at the world noblings map and see the Turtle or Nomad conquers, I simply divide the totals by two or three respectively (now you can add Mayhem into that as well) because those totals are combinations of a family of tribes, not the individual tribes themselves.

yes if you look at the maps top nobling you will see it as families however if you look at the achievement section with in Twstats you can see individual tribes of which turtle is always top 3 every week for pretty much the last year.

Take my comment how you wish. It wasn't meant as condescending statement when I wrote it. Rather it was meant as a sincere statement to encourage improvement. :)

my response to this would those that live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones... in short better to assess and repair your own tribes issues before suggestion others look internally... just staying as it does come off condensing to some.

I wasn't insulting or criticizing individual players.

thats just it mate... a tribe if nothing is just a group of players so by criticizing a tribe you are criticizing the players with in. as a tribe cant do anything but its membership can... and its especially a criticism of its leadership which is why i responded....

No. You can take the term "Turtle Trolls" to mean a member from Turtle that posts on the externals, or one of the many players that constantly posts in two of the biggest external threads in this world ("Skype's Little Trip To Turtle" and "Turtle can't handle 800813s") which are 27 and 26 pages long respectively.

again i think this is a miscommunication based off of the terms you are using... generally on the internet the term "Troll" is a slur against an individual when used out of context. used in the proper context its when someone post irrelevant topics or post not pertaining to the thread. which isnt the case here.

Are you implying that we are in endgame? We are certainly nowhere near endgame. It'll probably be at least a year to a year and a half before any tribe is close to endgame, and that's if nothing major changes such as a split in the top tribes.

No were in Mid game phase but we are entering the end game phase. Generally end game phase doesnt happen till the second packet reduction happens but were already under

lol. Why would you think my logic says Selfie are the "elite"?

well the two biggest stats you have presented thus far is tribe changes and in game war ratio stats... they have great stats if your using them to present top tribes.

When I said that it was a surprising move, what I meant was that 800813 were focused on fighting turtle, and at the same time they were using the defense from the villages they had on the Cruel/800813 border to support and fight against Selfie. So when Cruel declared, 800813 wasn't prepared for war along their northern border.

thats exactly my point mate... it should have never been a surprise... if the positions were reversed and i was leading Captcha i would have seen that coming a mile away.

[/spoil]

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Wow rich, such a well thought out interjection. Thanks for stopping by.

We have been beating cruel ever since the dead accounts ran out. So how exactly is it working great for our opponent? Also, nothing about what i quoted has anything to do with my tribes growth, your tribes growth, the the the, growth in general, activity or really anything pertaining to what you mentioned. Stop trolling, and think before you speak (type). I swear you and your boy toy (flocks by the river) pitch tents whenever you see me post. You always seem to not be thinking with your right head. If any thoughts are going on that is.

What i take from his "idiotic'' sentence is that in no situation will an underdog ever beat the favorite simply because the favorite is favorited. Too complex for yah buddy? Did yah not understand that? Im not even sure if he was being sarcastic, and if he was which i hope, you just sound stupid.

Cruel held the #1 position for quite some time and you only surpassed them due to the why me account going bye-bye and through your recruitment of larger rim players. So by his logic, Cruel was the best tribe and then they lost a player and you picked up rim players so now you are the best tribe. Oh ok gotcha. Go to bed dude.

And stand by for more. I promise, you will see some shit go down pretty shortly.

DeletedUser113454

What i take from his "idiotic'' sentence is that in no situation will an underdog ever beat the favorite simply because the favorite is favorited.

That's taken somewhat out of context so you've drawn the wrong conclusion there. What I said was they have to be the best 'from that perspective'. The point of my Idiotic post was to draw attention to the fact there are many ways to define 'best', one of them being which tribe is currently in the lead. Obviously, events can alter that. Wars can be won or lost or people can leave (you've already pointed out, the demise of the 'Why Me?' account lead to Cruel losing the number 1 spot). What I was trying to say in my Idiotic way is that Turtle have enough skilled fighters not to lose ground through wars, they have enough people who are prepared to hoover up the easy targets while the fighters take out the threats and they have a leadership that is prepared to recruit new players to help win wars. I think all of these factors added together will make Turtle difficult to beat and that is why, in an Idiot's opinion, they're the best. That doesn't necessarily make them the best from a purists point of view, which was really what I was getting at in my first post.

DeletedUser

Much better, good clarification :)

And i purposely took it out of context. Which is why i didn't include your first sentence in my quote. I simply just liked that sentence by itself, gave me a hoot. Sorry it put a upside down smile on richies face.

The tone of my response, matched the tone of your original post, which was my intent.

Last edited by a moderator:

rich26ca

ah walter,

So let me guess you looked at stats of the war in the last month and said yeah we are winning well for one month... huddled in a corner with your mates spewing the same crap you say here... they only had a lead cause of our inactives... lmao...

look at those stats again mate the only reason you have a lead in the last month is you just did the same thing Johnny is inactive sit, fisketran is inactive, and ram me was as well so there is the bulk of your caps in the last month all inactive/deleted or perma sits... So perhaps it is you that needs to read some intel and stats and actually come up with an intelligent argument rather then trying to slur me or my mates personally...

DeletedUser98728

ah walter,

So let me guess you looked at stats of the war in the last month and said yeah we are winning well for one month... huddled in a corner with your mates spewing the same crap you say here... they only had a lead cause of our inactives... lmao...

look at those stats again mate the only reason you have a lead in the last month is you just did the same thing Johnny is inactive sit, fisketran is inactive, and ram me was as well so there is the bulk of your caps in the last month all inactive/deleted or perma sits... So perhaps it is you that needs to read some intel and stats and actually come up with an intelligent argument rather then trying to slur me or my mates personally...

Actually flinty is quite active when I was hitting him, Ram-me was active enough to login and hit delete. Dusty bottom was quite active when we hit him and he got moved to Vil3 Lol. I'm not stressing it. One month is one month. If we keep the momentum I'll be happy.

If you want to find me you can check the war stats for the last month, I'll be the one on top of the list ;)

Can you tell us what other perma sits they have?

DeletedUser

Just for reference I have checked the world and there are no current perma sits outstanding now.

Agenroe

We have been beating cruel ever since the dead accounts ran out.

Question, why did those accounts become dead? Now don't lie Pack you know exactly why as do the players in your tribe who are actually on the front who have openly admitted why they went dead.

Actually flinty is quite active when I was hitting him, Ram-me was active enough to login and hit delete. Dusty bottom was quite active when we hit him and he got moved to Vil3 Lol. I'm not stressing it. One month is one month. If we keep the momentum I'll be happy.
If you want to find me you can check the war stats for the last month, I'll be the one on top of the list ;)

Little tip to deflate your ego just a tid bit, Ive never once heard a thing from Dusty Bottom in a few months before they were hit. Thus, leads me to believe they were inactive.
Ram-me never hit delete, they were gone for almost a week when the goon squad jumped on them. Hence which they were being nobbled by cruel members at the same time.
Flinty, you would be correct this is an active one, but being an active one you didnt make much progress on him did you? You made enough progress though.
Dont go post about things you have no idea of, what happens when we assume.

Agenroe The Shadow

Remember, always reamain in the shadows.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Rich you have got to be the fool of w72 since veli left the forums. Thank you for stepping up and fulfilling the void in our lives.

I can tell you the 20 or so villages i took were all defended. Whether that be stacks that were in place or snipes that were sent. It's also really strange how in most of the villages we took had incoming support from multiple people throughout cruel. Please for the love of god, stop shitting out your mouth every god damn time you open it. You dont know what you are talking about. Stop.

We aren't even near johhny. But you know whats funny? Johnny was the most dead account on the world, then all of a sudden, "Johhny is Back!!!!". Well that clearly didn't last too long because the new player on the account didn't really go about things the way he was suppose to. I was accused of planting the new player on the account in multiple chats but i can tell you twas not I. And ram me isn't the bulk of our caps in the last month, but ok good job again there dude.

Fisktrain, from what i last heard was a romanian dude who lost power or something. But i know multiple people who were sitting that account, whilst our attacks were going to it. I suppose that makes it inactive. I read multiple Cruel skype chats about dealing with the trains that were going to fisk and multiple people were pitching in with support and or snipes. Stop.

You make yourself look bad buddy, i really dont have to do much.

And Knightmares, yes those players were active till you guys broke their spirits. That took about 3 days. Im not taking it away from you guys, you hit hard and fast. But how many cookies do you want for breaking a dead empty front, and then continue to eat, for the most part, from 2 accounts that we didn't even have the sit for when the player left. Again, not taking it away from you guys, you did well. We've spoke personally before buddy.

Agenroe

And Knightmares, yes those players were active till you guys broke their spirits. That took about 3 days. Im not taking it away from you guys, you hit hard and fast. But how many cookies do you want for breaking a dead empty front, and then continue to eat, for the most part, from 2 accounts that we didn't even have the sit for when the player left. Again, not taking it away from you guys, you did well. We've spoke personally before buddy.

Thank you, now Im not taking anything away from you guys either. But the circumstances are the same, so the propaganda is a little premature, which it normally is.

Agenroe The Shadow

Remember, remain in the shadows.

xman182

If rich is the fool of world 72 then that would make you the tool of world 72, having to use every tribe you can and having to rely on spy's to make up for your own lack of skills is a joke, try playing the game legit and with a bit of honor for once in your life. It's just a shame players feel the need to ruin eveyone else's time and effort and leak info. Just shows the complete lack of skill and morals to screw over tribemates who would give everything they have to defend them. What a joke.

DeletedUser

Skill with assistance trumps all. Just because i get assistance doesn't mean i lack skill. If there are people within your own tribe giving me anything i ask for, does that make me a tool? Maybe. But they must be giving me the info for some reason, and that reason is you. Tough pill to swallow I'm sure.

I dont have to use people for info, but knowledge is power.

DeletedUser98728

Question, why did those accounts become dead? Now don't lie Pack you know exactly why as do the players in your tribe who are actually on the front who have openly admitted why they went dead.

Little tip to deflate your ego just a tid bit, Ive never once heard a thing from Dusty Bottom in a few months before they were hit. Thus, leads me to believe they were inactive.
Ram-me never hit delete, they were gone for almost a week when the goon squad jumped on them. Hence which they were being nobbled by cruel members at the same time.
Flinty, you would be correct this is an active one, but being an active one you didnt make much progress on him did you? You made enough progress though.
Dont go post about things you have no idea of, what happens when we assume.

Dusty bottom was actively defending when we hit him. Snipes/stacking etc, and he was getting support from Kryptos when I was capping villages from him. So he was active enough to ask someone for help. Then he was active enough to be moved from CRUEL to vil3. He was active before that eating on the FRDN account before I got onto it. Coincidence he went inactive once he started getting smashed?

Ram-me was not being nobled by Cruel until a day after we started nobling him. So that debunks that.

Flinty I took 9 from and cleared his stacks and would have had more until someone asked Turtle to get involved and help out ;) Good move otherwise poor flinty wouldnt be on the front any longer. But at the same time it's fine because it ties up a bunch of D over this way again.

You could say I made more progress on flinty 1v1 than your whole tribe made on geewizz throwing everything and the kitchen sink at him.

As for the people who quit off the top of my head that I recall.

Yellow inc had quit and passed his sit before the Cruel war had even started. I had the sit and would log in to clear and that was it I didn't defend it vs Cruel.

Game of thrones launched all of his nukes on xman and when he failed he quit lmao. So I guess you can take credit for making him quit via defending lol.

Vonrook quit because he wasn't allowed to noble Darwin so he left the tribe.

Run. - was a perma sit and wasnt able to move troops at the point you guys were nobling it.

The war is far from over, noone is delusional, but with the recent turn of events. (Why me account, Johnny up north, Ram-me deleting) You guys are finally taking your hits that we've had to deal with over the summer. It is just going to be a bout who can bounce back better and keep their members motivated.

rich26ca

Rich you have got to be the fool of w72 since veli left the forums. Thank you for stepping up and fulfilling the void in our lives.

why cause i counter your rubbish... lol... hate all you want mate doesnt bother me any...

Also for the record an account can be inactive and still be defended and supported, if a sit is in place... the same thing that happened on your front not all the players just quit and deleted you guys had sits and still lost on the accounts... and i lumped several inactive/sit account not just ram me... so remove your head from your arse, read, think of a better response then post please, lol ;P as you completely missed the point of the post which is you dismiss cruel's efforts in one post saying it was inactives, then i show you that you guys are doing the same thing then in another post you admit they made them quit... and im the one that can't articulate my comments... hell English is a second language for me and i still seem to make more sense then you.

Last edited: