Coin reduction and why it's needed.

Guesswhosback

Reaction score
I want to see early coin reduction being implemented and I will explain why it's needed. The way I think it should work is basically whatever % the leading tribe have in domination will be the % the coin reduction is. So right now AFK have 14% (13,9). Myself, have to mint 327 coins for the next noble. That's roughly 4,4mil clay. For 1 noble. This world is the biggest in yeeeears and if it follows the way world 129 works with every barb being nobles. The winning tribe accounts would have to average 3800 villages (65% of 178k (total vills), so around 110k vills to win) PER ACCOUNT.

That means down the road you would have to mint 3800 coins for 1!!! noble. (51 mil clay) and who in their right mind would do that? Sit and mint 16000 coins for a 4 noble train.

Obviously this would not matter if there was some sort of autominting system implemented. But since it's manually right now, we have to come up with a way of making nobles cheaper - faster. To allow mass minting so people dont go literally crazy having to mint this way.

Right now this would give everyone 24%, (black flag) 14%, (coin reduction) and then 10% (noble decree) = 48% cheaper when massminting OR if you're crazy you can go for flag boost minting, getting it as cheap as 72%.

Pros:
- Smaller players who have less resources can catch up faster.
- People dont get mentally ill minting
- Early game the % are too small to matter
- Late game everyone already mass minting
- More nobles = more fun

Cons:
- Bigger players gets bigger, but that's how the game works.

Considering coin reduction already happens at around 30% (?) if im not wrong, this wouldn't be a hard or bad thing to implement. The less % the winning tribe have when coin price starts to drop the bigger the chances everyone have to catch up and make a comeback.

WildlingInvader

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
This would nerf rimplayers a ton though.
You forget to mention that you gotta mint 3800 coins while having 3800 0villas, the growth just becomes linear instead of these quadratic growth rates by some whales. This gives sufficient time for the rim/non-whales to catch up with the core/whales which makes the game a bit spicier, no point in starting a month later then as it's a handicap.
This would just increase the value of PP since bigger players benefit the most imo

Rather have a system like casual worlds where after a fixed time coin prices get reduced (for example when the world starts its ending phase after 180days or when it's closed) to limit the harm done to rim players.

I also think this is a complaint due to the massive amount of hugging in this world which makes the game stale/boring.
The 3 villa start also allows far more players to play sim city without being punished.

- biased f2p rimplayer

Guesswhosback

Reaction score
This would nerf rimplayers a ton though.
You forget to mention that you gotta mint 3800 coins while having 3800 0villas, the growth just becomes linear instead of these quadratic growth rates by some whales. This gives sufficient time for the rim/non-whales to catch up with the core/whales which makes the game a bit spicier, no point in starting a month later then as it's a handicap.
This would just increase the value of PP since bigger players benefit the most imo

Rather have a system like casual worlds where after a fixed time coin prices get reduced (for example when the world starts its ending phase after 180days or when it's closed) to limit the harm done to rim players.

I also think this is a complaint due to the massive amount of hugging in this world which makes the game stale/boring.
The 3 villa start also allows far more players to play sim city without being punished.

- biased f2p rimplayer

Sorry but that’s just not right. It’s like saying rust players who join a server 1 day before wipe are at an disadvantage while the players who joined day one are roaming ak kits and thats somehow bad? Obviously if you start earlier you will be ahead in a game. 1+1=2.

That does not mean the rim player cant catch up. With a nice lovely good coin reduction (72%) the rim player needs 3800 coins to get 120 nobles and all of a sudden its a 300 village acc vs a 150 village acc and using myself as an example, if i were to pit myself vs any 300 vill acc as a 150 village acc i would win 11/10 times.

A game should always reward the best players while also make it easy for new players. Underdogs stories, just like AFK this world (fighting every top 25 tribe and now winning) are a beautiful thing.

Thrawn

Reaction score
Reducing coin cost would make it easier for Rim players to catch back up as well. A winning condition is the world to last 6 months. We are already halfway there at 90 days but current % is further behind. Meaning this world can certainly drag a lot longer than anyone would actually want. We'd have to go another 3-4 months before we could even ask the question for coin reduction if current conquering kept the same pace based off current rules.

With new rules and settings, I think its smart to revise coin reduction and perhaps other win conditions down the road. Maybe its not the same as previous coin reductions but we need a version to make it easier. Otherwise this world will easily last 2 years or more possibly.

Players already have a hard enough time with attacking and defending due to the amount of time it requires. Responsibilities are forever increasing with the age of the players. The game should adapt with its player base to keep us coming back. Making minting seamless and easier allows people to concentrate more on the "tribal wars" part rather than the minting of coins.

WildlingInvader

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Way to early for a coin reduction. If its painful for you then good that literally is the point.
100% agreed

I wouldn't really call AFK + Indian vs scraps an underdog story either lol, they haven't met a capable challenger yet (really hope that changes because as of right now, this world was won after a small month, I blame the damn AFK - Indian merge, could've been so beautiful :()

Reducing coin cost would make it easier for Rim players to catch back up as well.
Definitely, but I believe it would make it far easier for core players (compared to rim players). They could for example reach the rim way faster and just deny rim players from reaching the noble stage at all.
We already have a plethora of enormous rim players getting a solid foothold on the rim without these proposed coin reductions. This was the case before we even started the world, looking at doc888, 55K55 and Lyon for our specific area (I don't blame them, it's a good move and I would definitely try to secure the rim as well). Starting on the newest world and seeing a +1mil player in farming distance is not fun.

Obviously if you start earlier you will be ahead in a game.
Not in this game, starting on the rim is an extremely viable strategy (which I prefer). You give up a headstart sure, but in return, you get a far better farm area and strategic position compared to the core. Right now, this still allows a rim player to always catch up with the core (who tend to get themselves stuck after all the barbs have been nobled out)

Thrawn

Reaction score
FB is the best method to netting you the most nobles... the only reason it sucks is because of the time sync. you can't say its the worst meta when it literally is meta.

We are simply advocating for the meta to change or to make the meta easier for everyone.

SwedishBlueCheese

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Tribalwars is already a game that takes a lot of time, FB minting just adds to it with a huge amount if you want to be competitive.

When i call it the worst meta its because its for me as a player is in fact the worst thing about this game and ive spent my fair amount of time FB minting.

lauritseske

Reaction score
Don't know if this is the solution, but something definitely needs to be done about flagboost minting.

My own suggestion would be a village item, that makes the village it's assigned to automint any resource overflow

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
Don't know if this is the solution, but something definitely needs to be done about flagboost minting.

My own suggestion would be a village item, that makes the village it's assigned to automint any resource overflow
If there would be such an item, than everyone would let the resources overflow since they would know it would be automatically mint on that village. So the whole process of minting would be automated. Don't think that's the road the game wants to follow and personally it's not a road I like too.

I hate staying in front of pc for hours to look at resources so they don't overflow, but on this I blame the whole meta that was born with the double flag boost and don't see as a solution automation of minting.

lauritseske

Reaction score
If there would be such an item, than everyone would let the resources overflow since they would know it would be automatically mint on that village. So the whole process of minting would be automated.
Yes, that would be the point.

There's definitely an argument against overly automating the game, but that doesn't mean an objectively horrible mechanic should be kept just for the sake of it. I could think of a million menial tasks that could be added into the game to have it be less automated, but surely the goal should be to have gameplay that is either engaging or at least allow for some amount of skill expression and strategy, not just meaningless tasks?

Let's imagine someone suggested adding a mechanic to churches that makes the player have to manually go to each church and click a button to ring the church bell every hour or the troops would start to lose faith.
That would certainly make the game less automated, it would also be a horrible waste of everyone's time and make the game way more hostile to casual players than it already is.
Would you also argue that something like that should be in the game simply because it's less automated?

Arguing to keep a mechanic that everyone can agree is terrible because you don't want automation seems a bit weak.
Yes, the game should not get to a point where it plays itself, but it doesn't follow that any manual task is necessarily good.

I completely agree that flag boosters are the root of the problem, but I'm sure it would be naive to think that such a big incentive to buy pp is going away anytime soon.
Automating flag boost minting would remove an aspect of the game hated by everyone, make the game more competitive for casual players that don't have 6 co-players and the spare time to sit for hours staring at a timer, and act as an incentive for people to buy pp to get the village item.

Literally, everyone would win.

I hate staying in front of pc for hours to look at resources so they don't overflow, but on this I blame the whole meta that was born with the double flag boost and don't see as a solution automation of minting.

What do you see as a solution?

Last edited:

WildlingInvader

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Let's imagine someone suggested adding a mechanic to churches that makes the player have to manually go to each church and click a button to ring the church bell every hour or the troops would start to lose faith.
This would add that extra RPG factor, immersion would skyrocket

valtheran88

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I think everyone has forgotten the whole reason there used to be a moratorium on barbling and this world will be a key example on why anti barbling used to be the meta. This whole argument is negated if the core is not grey free.

pokemonEX.co.UK

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I want to see early coin reduction being implemented and I will explain why it's needed. The way I think it should work is basically whatever % the leading tribe have in domination will be the % the coin reduction is. So right now AFK have 14% (13,9). Myself, have to mint 327 coins for the next noble. That's roughly 4,4mil clay. For 1 noble. This world is the biggest in yeeeears and if it follows the way world 129 works with every barb being nobles. The winning tribe accounts would have to average 3800 villages (65% of 178k (total vills), so around 110k vills to win) PER ACCOUNT.

That means down the road you would have to mint 3800 coins for 1!!! noble. (51 mil clay) and who in their right mind would do that? Sit and mint 16000 coins for a 4 noble train.

Obviously this would not matter if there was some sort of autominting system implemented. But since it's manually right now, we have to come up with a way of making nobles cheaper - faster. To allow mass minting so people dont go literally crazy having to mint this way.

Right now this would give everyone 24%, (black flag) 14%, (coin reduction) and then 10% (noble decree) = 48% cheaper when massminting OR if you're crazy you can go for flag boost minting, getting it as cheap as 72%.

Pros:
- Smaller players who have less resources can catch up faster.
- People dont get mentally ill minting
- Early game the % are too small to matter
- Late game everyone already mass minting
- More nobles = more fun

Cons:
- Bigger players gets bigger, but that's how the game works.

Considering coin reduction already happens at around 30% (?) if im not wrong, this wouldn't be a hard or bad thing to implement. The less % the winning tribe have when coin price starts to drop the bigger the chances everyone have to catch up and make a comeback.

how are you getting 72% coin reduction

24% Black Coin flag + Flag Boost = 48%
Noble Decree 10% Coin reduction = 58%

where is the other 14% coin reduction youre getting?