Farewell W34

DeletedUser

"This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper."
T.S.Eliot

An appropriate quotation as TW is a little unique in that you win by getting everyone else to leave the game. So who do you get to gloat at?

This has been an incredible 3 year journey. I have met a lot of interesting people, or should i say half-met as i know most of you just by your ingame handle and skype name. It has been fun playing with you all, even some of the enemy. :)

I have to give the highest accolades to my coplayer, Lex. While working hard through exams and study he was always happy to do what was needed and without him this account would never have been as strong as it was. Lex is a very smart, clever guy and i learned a lot from him. I can't thank him enough.

TW's realtime nature does create a lot of stress and lost sleep. Getting up early to check if a village has been gained, or lost. Staying up late to snipe an attack with milliseconds separating the nobles. And having to wait and wait and wait to launch some nobles. Lots of waiting.

Farming is something that is necessary to build a big account and trying to make that interesting is a challenge but luckily such simple things appeal to me. I finally stopped farming some months ago and was shocked by how much time i got back.

Sitting accounts is not always fun, especially when you are busy with your main account. I did have a lot of fun helping others though.

TW is a lot of work, yet while real life beckoned, we played on. I was amused when Prof said he had to leave the game as his promotion involved more travelling. Amused as i was a platinum frequent flyer at the time and was often sitting in lounges, or hotels in Mumbai and Shanghai, firing off nobles and trying to work out when the plane landed so i could get back online. For one year i was travelling internationally so much i was out of the country one week in three.

Sadly many players left due to Real Life. When under pressure, the time demands of TW pinch the most. It can be very frustrating to not be able to snipe or retake when you are otherwise occupied. Sitters are a treasure, and should always be treasured.

Scripting was fun too. In fact, i think scripting was the most fun of all in the game. I did get frustrated though that every time TW updated their site they broke half my scripts. This happened more times than i can count. Usually the fix was simple but it was a bit annoying at times. I did create some interesting scripts such as a planner that made it so easy to work out which noble was closest or who could snipe an incoming attack. I loved those scripts if i don't say so myself. My wife was also playing TW and gave me lots of ideas for new scripts. I did share some with the team but i limited my sharing as i was a bit shocked when some former enemies joined the tribe only to find them talking about this brilliant script they had... it was one of mine. I realised that you give it one person, they give it to another person on a different world and before long you are writing scripts for the enemy. Luckily when TW broke my scripts it also broke it for them too :)

So goodbye to everyone. I don't plan on playing TW again. It is hard to top this achievement and i am not into reruns. Besides, another three year commitment might be a bit much. The final achievement of 100% is only a few days away and i was impressed by the tribes ability to lift itself to record nobling to meet this goal. EVO/IKILL is an entirely professional team and it was brilliant playing with you all.

So i will leave you with the movie of RAIN's demise and wish you all well in the future.

(It is a 24Mb file so allow a bit of time for it to load)

[spoil]
topnoblers_W34.gif

[/spoil]

DeletedUser

what a legend you are able,it was a pleasure ...always more than happy to help when in need was a great team in that account and yeah its true what you said there......goes with out say that when the second movie comes out after a very successful first one its never there same is it

was a blast while it lasted,met some interesting people and some dam right weird people too

DeletedUser

Cya able. You guys were a ****** beast mate. Shame you wont come back either, oh well, all for the better. Later man.

isaacely

Congrats able on such an amazing performance, and also well done everyone on being so brilliant!

You've all made it a great event for me and i've loved every second of it (maybe not all of them :icon_razz:)

I'd like to say a special thanks to Gio who although isnt here right now, has helped me so much from when i first started to where i am today.

Now that everything is nobled im guessing we'll have about 24 hours so i hope to enjoy them and i hope you all do too :)

best wishes to everyone in any future games and in real life..

If you wanna talk to me at all anyone can add me on the skype name dgrace33. I dont plan on starting a new world right away but i may consider it after xmas..

Anyhow! i hope you all have a happy Christmas and new year and many more of them.

lots of love for everyone, Isaac.

p.s - my favorite moment of all was the epic Orphans V. Fates battle!! what about everyone elses?

DeletedUser74388

Well said Able. Thanks to everyone over the last few years who stood beside me through thick and thin. Thanks to my original Orphans though you all threw in the towel (except Koss) before the finale, you guys were the best and it was a huge game changer for this world. Best war, I have to agree with Isaac on the Fates Orphan war. Wow there were some wicked backstabings there. Some incredible firefights - Gio we had one of the best 2 day battles I have ever had. Thanks to Jason and Gio for coming together with me and the Orphans to make EVO and ikill that ultimately proved to be the tribe to take the world, another game changer for this world. EVO/ikill crew, you guys ruled! It was so excellent playing beside all of you. There were so many beasts in this game, Koss, Able, Schlep, Tomcarl, James, Gio, Isaac, John & Dot (just to name a few!)...I could always count on you! Tribemates like you are why we were so successful. All in all I think EVO family did not burn out during war times because we were always covering for each other in leadership. People stepped up and took charge when it was needed and that is the essence of great teamwork. Well done to everyone in the family and best of luck to everyone who can now take advantage of real life or try their hand again at this crazy time sucking game.

DeletedUser

yes thanks to you too Jane for putting up with all my shits lol.. you had to hold off a few of us so we wont kill each other with all the dramas and everything.

P.S.

Sooooo.. i remember the RAIN guys saying when they were losing how it would take 300 million years to noble out everythang.. lol how wrong they were.. (this is my last jab on RAIN promise! wouldnt be fun without enemy to hate and poke fun at)

DeletedUser

if u guys rememeber o wrote somewhere that we would have the world won by chirstmas.....hahaha no one believed me thought i was mad

cheers jane met u on a previous world and had a super blast playing along side u,always had a script for everything....

not going to mention evryone as u all were get players to play along side.well ill mention some lol

jane,koss,jason,able(and sexy lex),isacc,mark,will and jonesy all great players and everyone else i cant be arsed to name lol,had a blast congrats.....time to go enjoy married life :)

DeletedUser75757

So many things to say, and so little time left in this world.

Several of us played together on w26 and came to w34 with a single goal of building a wining tribe that every other tribe had to adjust to , and in the end fear of what we could accomplish as we worked together.

Several road bumps along the way including enough drama to make the daily soaps jealous. Overall I believe this is one of the best groups of people I have ever had the privilege of being a part of. I can't name everyone that touched or impacted our journey, but the final members of the EVO family I can't say enough about.Part of what made this tribe so great is the ability for everyone to stand up when called upon like Jane said. So many people had to take breaks including me like in may when i started my new job. It took away from helping clear the map, but everyone worked together to make it happen.

Not leaving out anyone(james ( takes too many holidays!!)......,koss ( had a wet dream about sandusky) ,issac very bright future for a very well spoken guy...etc, but i want to say thanks to a special few)...

Gio (stacie31) was a major influence upon me staying around...Several times I wanted to walk away, but I never wanted to leave behind the fun we had, and you always pulled me back in.

Jane (snooks) I am so very happy we were able to talk through the Nona Orphan war, and come together with a plan to win. It was an absolute pleasure working through everything, and getting to know you through the past few years.

Able I know I was kinda rude to you at the end , and although i cant take it back I do feel bad i reacted the way i did. I still feel I was right in saying part of it, but overall it was very wrong of me to lay it out like i did. You were a crucial part of us finishing our journey. Recruiting you set the stage for us winning this world, and the knowledge you brought to the team was the tipping point that made us unstoppable.

Johnboy when you joined up at the end of the sexy war I really didnt know what to think at first. You were kinda out there but in a good way...lol. In all I have to say after getting to know you man you were an overall good guy, and was very glad to meet you.

Overall the fun I have had playing this world was hands down some of the most fun ive ever had playing a game, and the people I've met along the way was a big part of it.

I wish I had the time to get us all together again, and have a second attempt to see how we could do. Hate to say like most of the others this will probably be my last world as well. What started as a way to kill time at work back in 2006 quickly consumed my life untill i could win it all.

Now it has happened because of the best damn tribe mates anyone could ever ask for!!!!!!!!!

PS.... BigT if you are lurking around...

SUCK IT!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

it was my honor to play with all of you thru the birth of grandkids to the death of my son
to the moving away i have been online last few weeks finally got back online best three years i ever spent i am starting in w59 hoping to regain what i liked best about this world my friends.

able you taught me as all of the players in w34 did its about the fun and freindships

best wishes to all and happy holidays

DeletedUser74388

Haha, I thought that was most fitting. Whats a good bye without one more slam to little t. Even I managed to do so, (discreetly) and not naming names...

DeletedUser

Ok, now i can also say my (real) good-bye.
I'll try to be short...
Thanks to everyone who played this world and made it a special experience. Especially thanks to the EVO+iKill for putting up such a strong team that swept away every obstacle.
I need to mention, but most of you already know it, that in this world i had an amazing co-player, who was always there to back me up and cover my laziness :icon_redface:.
And now about the future... As Able already said this game takes a lot of time (especially for being in the top) so i don't plan coming back (active) any time soon, if ever.
So I wish you all the luck in the future and stay cool :icon_wink:.

DeletedUser

Haha, I thought that was most fitting. Whats a good bye without one more slam to little t. Even I managed to do so, (discreetly) and not naming names...

ahhaha i know exactly who u were slamming then jane! and you know i agree with you 100% !! shall remain namelesssss hmmmm :lol:

DeletedUser

Gross arell.

Well J I was expecting more of dig at Buf and family. ;o

DeletedUser75757

Gross arell.

Well J I was expecting more of dig at Buf and family. ;o

Kinda hard to throw a dig at Bufus and the Rain crew after the just drifted away. Bufus was more of a pain then they ever were....