the acceptance of families within the top 20

DeletedUser

i know many threads on family tribes have been created time and time again, but i really have to voice my thoughts/concerns on this matter.

in the top twenty only six tribes are solo. only six!! these are:

suitup
ZIPS
EGO
Toys
NarC
PMS

so well done to these tribes for opting to go solo. though looking at their positioning i can't help but feel some of these may disappear. :icon_confused:

this world is destined to be a family tribe world, and with the 30 member limit, i'm not surprised. however the older worlds i've played on, they've always started with bashing family tribes. in fact in world 13 there was an agreement kinda coalitiony thing where tribes agreed not to be family, and would actually be turned against if they decided to have a little baby. in a sense if you're family usually you get flamed, especially this early in the game.

so i'm just wondering what the hell happened? why is there so many families in the top 20, and why have they not been called out on it? has the 30 member limit made people a little more accepting of families? is it because these forums aren't very active/ people are scared to voice their opinions? or has it just simply become more acceptable over the years?

DeletedUser

Because who is going to call them out? Their enemies? Those are probably family tribes too. So few wars are even being fought on this world. Everyone is scared and hugging. When people do bother to fight it is against a drastically smaller opponent. They have no time for PNP normally they just disband the moment it starts.

Heck, currently One-P has almost 90 members and all they do is expand and hide under that name hoping that no other big tribes notice that they have no coordination, no cohesion, and no ability to fight a war. Most of their highest players can't even speak English.

So in the end I suppose it is less of the fact that people aren't calling out family tribes and more of the fact that people just aren't calling out any tribes. That is just what I see.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103870

Even Solo tribe like those you named above probably has basher tribe .

DeletedUser

this world tribes have just chosen to become families, there has been no big deal about it. usually in the PnP forums there'd be threads made to flame and ridicule families, and these threads wouldn't normally have been made by their enemies. my point is there's usually a lot more negative topics/comments against these families, and this usually has a knock on effect in the game. usually this would result in tribes having second thoughts on starting a family, with fear of being given a bad image.

i think the poor PnP/lack of posts in these forums have resulted in the world being over tun by families and just tribes choosing to hug instead of war. the only decent PnP'er in my opinion is UBM, and kudos to him for being the only person in world 66 forums who actually has a pair to post his thoughts.

DeletedUser

This world due to the 30 member limit is bound to be dominated by tribes with families. To some it makes sense mainly due to high attrition and a 30 member limit. A bad week could leave you with less than 20 players. The tribes that are not families and remain in the top 10 now i feel will be around for quite a while. They have got through the most difficult time of survival without being a family tribe.

We pondered the idea of a family tribe and how it might help but due to our positioning and the prospects of limiting growth we decided against it. Also We couldn't be bothered with the stigma and the extra work required to keep a second or third tribe under control. Also the majority of the people within our tribe have a similar idea on the idea of setting up a family tribe. (they don't like it)

You may find over the next month or so the number of family tribes will decrease as players start quitting and they look to condensing in to a single tribe.

Ive not completely forgotten about the idea of a family tribe and you never know at some point in the future it may be considered. but as time passes its looking less and less likely as there is no need.

DeletedUser

I like families. The lack of coordination and those players who hide in the said tribes means easy expansions and we will see larger scaled wars later on. As for basher tribes..I have mixed feelings. If you have a tribe who will do whatever you say and you do actually protect them then they are bashers. If you do not, then they are only pawns in the massive chess game we all play :icon_wink:

I do feel the Pnp in this world is lacking.Where have all the great posters gone?

DeletedUser

i do agree with the lack of real wars, I do miss when it was one tribe vs the other tribe. This world is still young in a sense. We shall see who gets weeded out soon enough I feel.

DeletedUser

i understand that with a 30 member limit, family tribes are going to happen, but still i would have thought more leaders would have liked to try and keep it to 1 tribe. it's more of a challenge to succeed with a lower member limit, or maybe not? since i've found it much easier to build stronger bonds with a lower member limit, communication i feel is far easier. sure we've lost a few members, but it's much easier to keep players interested. i think if some of the family tribes focused on one tribe, rather than going into a second tribe, they may have found this out?

willing to bet there's not a single leader of a top 20 family tribe that's talked to every single one of their members. if that's the case then did they really need the second, or third tribe?

DeletedUser93450

Family tribes. <3

And it's not exactly hard to talk to 60 people. :b

DeletedUser

Though I haven't looked into it, I'll bet a lot of the families were premades that had to form a family in order to accomodate the low member count. Also I don't see what problems there are in running a family. Sure there are the ones that recruit everyone on the map or make deals with other tribes to join families, but in the case of the ones you mentioned, I hardly think that's the case. All tribes are a group of members with some sort of organization in place, unless one tribe has players in power that can't be trusted to ensure that all the forums are shared and there's no different activity in one than the other, it shouldn't matter if they're split. Finally, about the definitions of a mass recruiting tribe (sorry about the slight change in topic, but it seems to go in the same direction), it seems to change every world. At the beginning of this world a tribe was often considered mass recruiting if it had more than 25 members, in W67, it's if it has more than 40-50. This leads me to think that people aren't judging a tribe's performance by its actual performance but by its size relative to the member limit (a mere number designed to create restrictions for the winning tribe).

DeletedUser

if i sound like i'm against family tribes, i'd just like to make it clear that i'm not, and i do see the benefits to them. it's just i see it still very early game, and in the past i've seen tribes get targeted in the forums for being a family no matter what their reasoning behind them was.

last time i was here (before this world), was two years ago, so i've not seen a more recent world progress. so maybe i'm just living in the past. though i can't help but feel if these forums had more posters and less lurkers, the family tribe "issue" would be different. no matter what the member limit.

anyway the main idea of this topic was to see peoples views on the matter, not to really discuss the benefits of families, though i can see there's a fine line with the way i've approached this subject.

DeletedUser

I'm not against them, per se, I just find it easier to lead 1 tribe, and not to the whole family thing with multiple dukes, way too many barons, and a council the size of a tribe. I'm exaggerating a bit, but most of the family tribes I've dealt with diplomacy-wise have been challenging as one person likes what you have to say, but they take it back to the family and the council and everyone and their brother to vote on, and it is incredibly time consuming. Not to mention frustrating, when you deal with the tribe's "diplomat" in good faith, only to find out that they have no authority anyway to agree to terms.

KPDCK said:
A bad week could leave you with less than 20 players

Yes, keeping our member number up has been challenging, and I'm surprised we've held on to Rank #2 despite constantly being 5-6 members below par. But, we've got a fantastic group right now, and a really great dynamic. I don't want to recruit just for the sake of recruiting... I want people who will fit in with our merry little band.

DeletedUser

Though I haven't looked into it, I'll bet a lot of the families were premades that had to form a family in order to accomodate the low member count. Also I don't see what problems there are in running a family. Sure there are the ones that recruit everyone on the map or make deals with other tribes to join families, but in the case of the ones you mentioned, I hardly think that's the case. All tribes are a group of members with some sort of organization in place, unless one tribe has players in power that can't be trusted to ensure that all the forums are shared and there's no different activity in one than the other, it shouldn't matter if they're split. Finally, about the definitions of a mass recruiting tribe (sorry about the slight change in topic, but it seems to go in the same direction), it seems to change every world. At the beginning of this world a tribe was often considered mass recruiting if it had more than 25 members, in W67, it's if it has more than 40-50. This leads me to think that people aren't judging a tribe's performance by its actual performance but by its size relative to the member limit (a mere number designed to create restrictions for the winning tribe).

IMO, if you need to have more then 30 players then it shows you feel you are not strong enough be it skill wise or diplomatically to rock out the 30 members. No, you need to have 40-80 players to show that your are much bigger then other tribes so that the family tribe can feel somewhat safe. Now i am not saying it is wIze (see wut i did thar?) to keep your limit to 10-15 player but why not grow a pair and learn the game aspects rather then huddling together like care bears?

DeletedUser92219

I dont think handling a family tribe on this world is the same as it is on others where there are 50-90 member limits for each tribe. Most experienced leaders are used to dealing with 60 or more players in their own tribe on other worlds so with this one having a 30 member limit its more of an extended tribe rather than a family. It does make it interesting though, because if you have family A with 3 tribes, allied with family B with 3 tribes, and allied with family C with 3 tribes, you declare on family A, you could be facing 9 tribes potentially. Also makes the whole diplomacy for the single tribes interesting because everyone wants solid allies and how do you see through the numbers of these large families. Are you getting an actual family with solid players throughout all the tribes, or are you getting 1 tribe of solids and 2 garbage tribes along with it. So knowing the tribes near you and the type of families is a necessity for single tribes because your single tribe can be loaded with talent, but your teamed with a family of hot garbage facing another set of family tribes who are loaded with talent and they outnumber you. From my past experiences on worlds with bigger tribe limits, not many of the family tribes succeeded in the end. So no way really to say how exactly this world plays. Do the large families end up dominating, or do the smaller, single tribes have more coordination, communication, and trust to take down the world.

DeletedUser90549

Even Solo tribe like those you named above probably has basher tribe .

to be honest, IMO
a bashing tribe is different then having a family tribe.
i personally dont like having either, but most bashing tribes dont last long, players get feed up with them and eat them. well i do anyway.
basically if you become my basher, you have only just prolonged your death :D

i have been against family tribes right from the beginning of this world, and made my feeling on them felt when other bigger tribe came to me asking for a full on merge.

i think the purpose of this world was to have a bunch of small tribes of tight nit players battling it out, instead everyone is hugging, its actually kind of annoying looking at the map.
when you have some of these single tribes holding the same area as most other family tribes, it really doesnt reflect well on them!

the sad reality is that this world will probably be won by a family, tho ill be doing everything in my power to avoid that!