Top 20 discussion

DeletedUser117346

I always find it interesting later in the game seeing which tribe led early on and seeing how each rose and fell so I'm starting up the top 20 thread. Post your analysis of each of the top 20 and discuss who you think will survive and basically anything related to the top 20 even who you think may make their way up there soon.

00222dad7b84b525077bc42b52939e56.png

Garrock

I don't know much... haven't payed much attention, but since my tribe is not here I can be somewhat impartial.
1. BwB - whether activity, or this was a built from scratch tribe. It has it all. Players that appear to be very skilled, very active, and players somewhere in the middle, and some who lack one or both of the necessary traits to play TW competitively. Can the better more active players coach the others? Time will tell. As it is, they are the best tribe in k44 by a long distance... then again, k44 seems to lack an abundance of strong tribes.
2. N*EXP - I really haven't even looked at their profile
3. .Tact. - Same as above
4. CHOW - Caught my attention early, so have watched them some. I don't recognize any names (but I've been gone a couple of years), but their growth seems to be stagnating a bit, at least 2 semi-inactive players, perhaps a few more.
5. BLUE - Same as above, though 3-4 players seem to be doing pretty good
6. SatMux - Surprised to see these Nubs in the top 100 let alone top 10
7. BIG - Can 4 players make a tribe? Start kicking members
8. -D- - The only thing they dominate is my "Yawn" board. Again, an example of inactivity on the bottom, inexperience, and example of poor recruitment.
9. STOP! - Disband already! I know one player here... and he's very very solid, and what he has to say about the rest of you... well... just disband please.
10. HIMYV - Kind of sounds like a sexually transmitted disease... again another tribe anchored by 2-3 above average players and a lot of inactivity. Strong signs of inactivity.
11. Blue2 - I thought I bought one for my i-phone and it sucked as bad as these guys.
12. Rise - Another tribe where poor recruitment and activity are in abundance
13. vVv - Can I stop now? Another very generic vanilla tribe.. this one as generic as the tribe name.
14. Cereal - Know a person or two here... and this ship is sinking... fast
15-25 - bad, very bad and worse.

So... at a quick peak.. 1-2 solid tribes, rest will need serious over hauls to remain competitive. I fully expect more exclusive, lower member tribes to begin making appearances in the top 25 fairly soon.

DeletedUser

Only ones I expect to be around a month from now are .Tact., Blame, and BwB.

DeletedUser

I don't know much... haven't payed much attention, but since my tribe is not here I can be somewhat impartial.
1. BwB - whether activity, or this was a built from scratch tribe. It has it all. Players that appear to be very skilled, very active, and players somewhere in the middle, and some who lack one or both of the necessary traits to play TW competitively. Can the better more active players coach the others? Time will tell. As it is, they are the best tribe in k44 by a long distance... then again, k44 seems to lack an abundance of strong tribes.
2. N*EXP - I really haven't even looked at their profile
3. .Tact. - Same as above
4. CHOW - Caught my attention early, so have watched them some. I don't recognize any names (but I've been gone a couple of years), but their growth seems to be stagnating a bit, at least 2 semi-inactive players, perhaps a few more.
5. BLUE - Same as above, though 3-4 players seem to be doing pretty good
6. SatMux - Surprised to see these Nubs in the top 100 let alone top 10
7. BIG - Can 4 players make a tribe? Start kicking members
8. -D- - The only thing they dominate is my "Yawn" board. Again, an example of inactivity on the bottom, inexperience, and example of poor recruitment.
9. STOP! - Disband already! I know one player here... and he's very very solid, and what he has to say about the rest of you... well... just disband please.
10. HIMYV - Kind of sounds like a sexually transmitted disease... again another tribe anchored by 2-3 above average players and a lot of inactivity. Strong signs of inactivity.
11. Blue2 - I thought I bought one for my i-phone and it sucked as bad as these guys.
12. Rise - Another tribe where poor recruitment and activity are in abundance
13. vVv - Can I stop now? Another very generic vanilla tribe.. this one as generic as the tribe name.
14. Cereal - Know a person or two here... and this ship is sinking... fast
15-25 - bad, very bad and worse.

So... at a quick peak.. 1-2 solid tribes, rest will need serious over hauls to remain competitive. I fully expect more exclusive, lower member tribes to begin making appearances in the top 25 fairly soon.

This is possibly the worst analysis I have ever seen! Half of them are just "couldn't bother to look at profile, probably bad".

Several very off base predictions regarding the premades on that list as well. Also... 30 member tribe limit is quite low, so many of the exclusive/elite tribes who start at 20-25 members, should already be on this list. I can spot a couple of them at least right away.

Do a little more research. Or like any research.

Garrock

This is possibly the worst analysis I have ever seen! Half of them are just "couldn't bother to look at profile, probably bad".

Several very off base predictions regarding the premades on that list as well. Also... 30 member tribe limit is quite low, so many of the exclusive/elite tribes who start at 20-25 members, should already be on this list. I can spot a couple of them at least right away.

Do a little more research. Or like any research.

Actually if I gave an opinion of a tribe I really did look... I looked at growth of players at the top and bottom.. looked at achievements, if they weren't hidden... if a player (at the time of the analysis) was under 400 points and a day one starter then he was most assuredly underperforming, and no player should have a 0 point growth in a 24 hour period at that stage. Blue now... a 4 or 5 tribe family, normally enough for me, but i gave them a courtesy look anyway. Others I didn't research much and therefore withheld my opinion.

When I talk about built from scratch or small premades, well it's relative. A built from scratch tribe may well only be 10-12 members at this time, actually probably "should" be until after nobles, a high number of points is not indicative of a good player pre-nobles. Really depends on recruitment. You can build a good tribe by just cycling out bad players and replacing them until you find a gem... or you can not rush, take things slow and let the world develop.

It has been my experience that most people rate a tribe based purely on overall points, OD, hype etc... and expend far less effort making them than I did. Perhaps that is what really bothers you mate. My predictions are not completely blind, nor are they blinded by points, hype, PnP, big names, or first glance.

It's purely speculative, perhaps I give this world far too much credit and actually believe there will even be 25 1/2 decent tribes... perhaps I should have done a top 5.

Anyhoo, my word or opinion is no better than anyone else's.. nothing to get butt hurt over.

G'luck with whichever tribe it is that you represent.

Edited to say that my review of Satmux was laced with heavy sarcasm, and I'm 100% positive that the members of their tribe that know me, including their duke, were able to recognize that sarcasm. They are, or were at the time of the review the cream of the crop in the top 25 this world (haven't looked since).

Last edited:

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

Edited to say that my review of Satmux was laced with heavy sarcasm, and I'm 100% positive that the members their that know me, including their duke, were able to recognize that sarcasm. They are, or were at the time of the review the cream of the crop in the top 25 this world (haven't looked since).

They should definitely stick with that tribename it's the best they have had.

hurod

ughhh, Garrock and his long posts. No one have time to read those anymore :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser111495

Edited to say that my review of Satmux was laced with heavy sarcasm, and I'm 100% positive that the members of their tribe that know me, including their duke, were able to recognize that sarcasm. They are, or were at the time of the review the cream of the crop in the top 25 this world (haven't looked since).

Could not agree more, if people could not see the sarcasm then they are clueless...

Fr0z3nW1ngZ

I figured I could do a review and try to get this thread going once again but I'm only going to review the tribe's that i think are worth it, Sorry dont feel like doing 20 reviews..

BwB They recently lost artgame, not a big deal cuz they are still strong and even though they wont stay in rank 1 for long, they are likely to dominate they K for a long time.
Hero! As stated above, they are all noobs.
-D- I don't see them been around for much longer.
HIMYV Going through the village build of their top 5-10 players, I can say that they have 2-3 players that seem to be on the right track and I expect this tribe to be around for a bit, but no high expectations.
.Tact. I was not going to include this tribe but I decided to do a review on it even though I have very little expectations for them. They only have 1 member worth looking at and that's MiniHippos, every other top players they have is already rushing smithy with a low level farm. MiniHippos also has like 4 other members in his 9x9. I predict he will leave the tribe and noble his ex tribe mates.
Alone! 19 members, second highest Average points in the top 20, keep an eye on this guys because they will be top 5 in soon enough.
bAd Currently rank 66 but just like Alone! I expect them to escalate very quickly as nobles start to come out. (I could be wrong on this one).

Every other tribe I didn't mention is because in my personal opinion I don't think you will be around for long, or at least not a top tribe, but you are always welcome to prove me wrong XD.

Garrock

Alone!- Maybe take another quick look at us now ;)

Nice points... a merge, seems a bit early, but you seem to have taken the better players from BIG, and cut some of the less active members of your tribe. Hopefully you all gel together. Hard to say how it will turn out, but it certainly seems to have catapulted you into the world "elite".

My favorite tribes are still low on member count, and not likely to make a top 25 appearance until well after nobles come out.

ALONE! has made a statement, they've come to play!

DeletedUser106973

Click on map to see bigger image.
[SPOIL] [/SPOIL]

[SPOIL] [/SPOIL]

Alone - Looks like a great groups of members, at least individually. Every member of their tribe past 1k points shows activity, however it will be a while before we see if teamwork is going to be a weakness of these players. Many top ranked players strive to be number one and therefore forget about the rest of their tribe. With regards to location, in my opinion they have the best out of all the tribes listed. Again in my opinion currently, there are no other tribes in the NE of the world that show any serious potential of making it anywhere this world. This is probably why Alone managed to pick up a few extra skilled players through recruitment. I predict these guys to dominate the NE without too much difficulty before attempting to spread into new territories.

BwB - Now my forum name completely reveals who I am in game, so before you read this bwb, please be aware that I am just a co player on the account and not the leader himself. I may or may not share the same opinion as the tribal leadership.
In my opinion they look dangerous based on their spread, player base and activity. However, I severely question this tribes leadership and whether they have what it takes to make it as a tribe. I question their recruitment process as I know players there who lack skill, experience and the patience to play past start up. A lack of these 3 things will ruin a tribe. Secondly, the way they have dealt with the whole artgame situation has not been very good. From what I have read, heard and spoke to, it appears that artgame will continue to thrive and bwb continue to stay quiet and allow this to happen. This tribe has the potential to do something, however if they are going to succeed, the leadership need to prove my points wrong. (Shouldn't be too hard to do.)

Blue - These guys baffle me. I've not seen a family tribe this big and this high ranked for many worlds. The worst thing that surprises me, is that you have some skilled players that could actually form a great tribe if you released the dead weight. The other surprise, is that considering the skill of some players and particularly leadership, why are you in a family tribe such as this? You must be trolling us all. Seriously though, if you cut the dead weight and created a core group, you could give bWb a battle for the NW. Right now you are just food and shall hence forth be called food when you are marked on my map. Take my advice if you want to live.

Blood / Blame / whatever else you been called - Firstly, find a name and stick with it please. Not cool.
In all seriousness, I am not entirely sure whether these players will play after they rim Two. (if that war actually happens.) So I do not predict them to win the world. I do expect at least some of their players to be in that final fight, but in a different tribe. I do not know a whole lot about there plans but I do know they have a bunch of skilled players and they will be difficult to beat if they do stay.

Two - Location with Blood was set up purposely for a war. Shayd, you asked for it, you got it and you will be rimmed. I am not backing blood because I am friends with any of them, or because of your lack of skill but I simply believe that they have the better group of players for a war at the stage of the game that I predict it will occur. If you two tribes both secured half a world each, I believe that the outcome might be a little tighter. Right now, you guys look as though you will be nobled by other tribes before you yourselves make it to nobles. Sorry for being a little harsh. No offense meant, hopefully none taken.

Cereal - W75 winners almost indefinitely with some w75 losers in there too I believe. W79 winners? I highly doubt it. 75 looked pretty dull to say the least. I can see you making it pretty far in this world too though. Especially if you make it to the end of W75 and are still here. You will gather a few more 75 Winners to come co you all and you will create a group of highly active and skilled accounts. You're location sets up an interesting fight with Tact (providing you don't merge) for winner of the SW.

.Tact. - From what I have heard through rumours, Hippo quit. Leaving you without your best. Makes you a little weaker but I suspect you all will expand nicely once nobles come around. Your spread is good but fighting Cereal will be a tough one. I see you guys failing in the future because of this and many of you will be forced to the try again next world.

A point to make about the map that may offer some interest - All of these tribes look somewhat of a premade considering none of them have any influence in the core. I think that whoever makes it their and holds it first has the upper hand in the future depending on which way the world works out. Things change drastically all the time in TW and no world is straight forward, but I believe that at least a couple of these, will still be around towards the mid-stage of the world and perhaps have a shot at winning.

Disclaimer: I am but a mere co player in this world and my opinions may or may not be the same as the others on this account or tribe. Only doing the tribes that I feel are worth my time reviewing. Technically not a top 20 discussion, but don't flame me. I did not rate my own tribe, not because it is my own tribe but because I they are not worth my time :icon_twisted:.

Last edited by a moderator:

AceZSpades

Skilled Soldier 2019 & Master Commander 2020
Reaction score
Cereal - W75 winners almost indefinitely with some w75 losers in there too I believe. W79 winners? I highly doubt it. 75 looked pretty dull to say the least. I can see you making it pretty far in this world too though. Especially if you make it to the end of W75 and are still here. You will gather a few more 75 Winners to come co you all and you will create a group of highly active and skilled accounts. You're location sets up an interesting fight with Tact (providing you don't merge) for winner of the SW.

I'm not playing w79, but I don't think there's more than 10 @Night players in Cereal and some of them quit w75 few months ago. Not sure about w75 losers .
It's a mix of really good players and students.

But overall , it was a great review and I really enjoyed it :)
Hope to see more from you.

DeletedUser

yes Cereal does have members of @Night and Norse from w75. However, the original setup was about 15 of them, and then they had a merge a week or so ago. I haven't talked to any of them in a few weeks though..

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'm not playing w79, but I don't think there's more than 10 @Night players in Cereal and some of them quit w75 few months ago. Not sure about w75 losers .
It's a mix of really good players and students.

I don't know about recruits, but there wasn't a single player in the Cereal premade who I'd personally rate as 'really good'. Some were okay, but there was nothing that made any players in the tribe stand out. And the ones I encountered were unable to learn and improve their gameplay, which counteracts the 'good students' perspective.

I'm sure others have a different view to me, and I could say much worse things (as I like some of the people in there I'll hold back for now), but I personally have no expectation for this tribe to progress on this world unless they focus on more merging rather than playing the game.

DeletedUser117418

I don't know about recruits, but there wasn't a single player in the Cereal premade who I'd personally rate as 'really good'. Some were okay, but there was nothing that made any players in the tribe stand out. And the ones I encountered were unable to learn and improve their gameplay, which counteracts the 'good students' perspective.

I'm sure others have a different view to me, and I could say much worse things (as I like some of the people in there I'll hold back for now), but I personally have no expectation for this tribe to progress on this world unless they focus on more merging rather than playing the game.

I'm sorry that the tribe wasn't a fit for you, but we will look forward to proving your expectations wrong. :)

ProyousArt

Hey there partner, I am sorry you feel that way. Your opinion is your opinion, and you are entitled to it! Tony The Tiger's answer was humble, and in humility there is great confidence. I'm so glad to be in a tribe with him and playing with everyone in Cereal empowers me to be the best player. Knowing that I have amazing tribemates by my side as we climb the ladder is reassuring and motivating. I start everyday invigorated and ready to push myself in this game and I will stop at nothing to become the best player I can be.