MEA: Whither this animosity?

bluesyblackcrowesy

First off, I'm MEA. I think I was one of the first few guys to join this tribe and i joined simply because the name spoke to me. Good lord, can you imagine Middle Earth without Helm's Deep?

Second, I'm trying to figure out where this anti-MEA feeling comes from? Is it a general hatred of family tribes or is it about noobs or is it something else? i'm not MEA's diplomat or spokesperson but it kind of breaks my heart when people do or say things like they're doing just because

1. they think its cool; or
2. other smarter people, who have visible cause to be offended have voiced their opinion, and these people are riding the prevailing wind aka sucking up.
3. some other reason i haven't cottoned onto yet.

I want to apologize on unsolicited behalf of my tribe for the misconstrued and possibly misguided declaration of war against AYB. Heck I suspect i'm the only other guy on this world who cracks up at the origin of the name AYB , I play video games too and i have a rather weird sense of humour. i would've put my hand up for AYB on the strength of Woodlandapple's posts in w17 but I suspect he wouldn't have me, and besides he logged onto this world after i did. The recent merger of AYB/Coco is fantastic for this world.

There are a few people i respect enough across multiple worlds- hastyr first (for his sense of humor and leadership wherever), Seight and Tsubafate in w14, Praetorium in 17 regardless of whether he stepped down as leader of STORM, purple and 11-11 likewise: hruikan and locodemon across multiple worlds for their sheer impishness and how they always get away with it, and woodlandapple who valiantly was defending AYB in another world even before 18 existed. Sebco now in this world, sorry mate i don't know you across others. This might be sucking up but guess what..these guys have my respect.

So help me understand this. What is it about MEA that a lot of people people don't like?

Is it about famiy tribes? my opinion is that it is a great way to provide leadership positions to some of the experienced and enthusiastic members who joined MEA and we were getting too big anyway. i don't hate mass recruiting. i just wish a strong tribe had found me when i first started playing TW and had no clue what to do. things might've been different then.

Is it about Noobs? heck all of us were noobs once. We lived, we learned. Sometimes we got good leaders and direction, sometimes not. But we lived long enough to love this game and keep coming back and now to give some guidance and encouragement to the people who are getting into this for the first time. This can only enrich the game. Lets not diss noobs.

Re the only other option: any other reason- I can't think of one but i hope somebody will enlighten me.

I think MEA has a healthy balance of old blood and new blood (and i can see almost hear some smart alec say "blood will be spilt this night"). I realize this post is long and i'll get a lot of flak but then this game is one where it takes weeks to do anything significant but thats why we love it, innit?

what do y'all think?

DeletedUser

I think it's becuase family tribes screw up the game.

They beat other tribes in wars becuse of sheer numbers.
I have nothing agianst academies, but you people have 4 tribes, that's a little much.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluesyblackcrowesy

I think it's becuase family tribes screw up the game.

They beat other tribes in wars becuse of sheer numbers.
I have nothing agianst academies, but you have 4 tribes

not true about unfair advantages if i understand you correctly. i have found it swifter and less painful to take 4 kinsmen and wage a war against a whole lot, than to get my tribe to do it. On another world.

with more people and tribes comes more complexity in multiple ways. you lose speed and flexibility as also the element of surprise and you don't even know if a 100 people have done as you've directed.

am i wrong?

DeletedUser

not true about unfair advantages if i understand you correctly. i have found it swifter and less painful to take 4 kinsmen and wage a war against a whole lot, than to get my tribe to do it. On another world.

with more people and tribes comes more complexity in multiple ways. you lose speed and flexibility as also the element of surprise and you don't even know if a 100 people have done as you've directed.

am i wrong?

nope and another reason M.E.A. comes under so much fire is because ur all in the same k wats the use of 100s of people all in the same spot....

bluesyblackcrowesy

look i've been to multiple forum postss tonight and the extent of negativity everywhere amazes me. I want to clarify i'm not here to broker peace or something. heck if it weren't for auto-complete or the favorites link in IE, i would be typing tribalwars.net. I play this for a reason.

and i will organize. And change opinions.

bluesyblackcrowesy

nope and another reason M.E.A. comes under so much fire is because ur all in the same k wats the use of 100s of people all in the same spot....

Good point. I have no answer. Except point to K53 in W14.

Sasa12222

I agree with you redmain.I mean M.E.A is grabbing every single person they can grab from that little continent and welcoming them and thats where you got fired on the most.

DeletedUser

You've got a poor leader and whats a tribe with no leadership its nothing

DeletedUser

I hate MEA because they're a family and your leader's general noobiness and how annoying he acts on the forums.

Like discussing football on a thread about how good MEA is, that's just annoying spam.

DeletedUser

I think it's more teasing than it is hatred. They did bring it upon themselves by declaring war during beginner protection :lol:

DeletedUser34827

First off, I'm MEA. I think I was one of the first few guys to join this tribe and i joined simply because the name spoke to me. Good lord, can you imagine Middle Earth without Helm's Deep?

Second, I'm trying to figure out where this anti-MEA feeling comes from?
I dunno but my opinion is: 1) massinviters 2) number of MEA's is ridiiculous I know they have MEA6 yet.
:lol:

Woodlandapple

Wow :icon_eek:. I was quite honoured by the amount of compliments for me in that. Thanks.

I think the main reason for people not liking MEA was initially because of the splitting into 4 tribes so early, it wasnt much of a hatred at that point, it just small teasings in the propaganda thread based on their size. However once Royalmarine created the thread about him, and I pointed out that Id be farming his members if they were in my 7x7 (Which i do to all my 7x7 anyway), he then decided to declare war on us because of that, which in my opinion is why a lot of people decided that he was a bit of a noob, and why a lot of people then started to extremely dislike MEA.

DeletedUser

It's a shame you're not the leader of MEA, you seem to have more common sense that most of the masses under the MEA tag put together.

I personally don't mind families that much, coming from a family ridden world, however i feel having that many branches, and boasting in PM's about the size of your tribe and the amount of points you have put together, threatening me isn't going to help.

Thanks for mentioning me in that, much appreciated. :icon_smile:

Good luck to you personally in the world, that was some good stuff you wrote there.

DeletedUser

I do not think that it is anything to do with most of the people in general, but it is because of the leaders. Making a family with so many branches and coming to the forums and saying that they are the best obviously earned them a lot of flaming. Then they declare war on AYB, which made even more people flame them. They then try to change the topic by spamming the thread up about football matches.

So yeah, blame your leaders for me thinking that your family is a bit noobish. They should make you the duke instead really.

DeletedUser27526

please dont try to protect yourselves you are noobs and thats it noobs maybe a good player or 2 but mostly noobs its impossible to have 100's of experienced players thats it maybe i respect you a bit but i dont respectyour tribe there pointwhoring noobs and thats the bottom line cause mushy said so

DeletedUser

You have a bad leader and too many players jammed in right next to each other. Also the random insults that were chucked at me made me :icon_cry:

bluesyblackcrowesy

Thank you all for your feedback. Much appreciated.

I can see we need to radically overhaul our Public Relations efforts :)

My leader does not need me to defend him. I think he did a fantastic job in getting us off the ground this early. Giving the opportunity to a lot of promising people to lead sister tribes instead of keeping them back was a good one. What they do is up to them but they can only be the stronger for the experience.

Whether or not there is safety in numbers, time will tell. These are still early days. Whether or not we become a serious offensive force will depend on our ability to plan, organize and execute. It might be challenging, but if we get it right, heck even with the relatively lower number of people on W18, all of us are going to have a good time.

i have no aspirations to be a duke or baron. In my own way I'm still learning. And more importantly, having fun :icon_biggrin:

thanks again. good luck all

Wallam

I agree with the last few comments, You would probably do a much better job than 99% of the current M.E.A members. You seem sensible, you seem to actually know how to play the game. You understand such principles as the hatred for family tribes, you probably wouldnt declare a war during beginner protection and You actually read the forums.

First of all to get rid of this hatred the main thing would be to get people from M.E.A to start talking on the public forums and so we can see what their really like rather than presuming their noobs.

Try and control your leader as well, it was very stupid declaring a war during begginner protection.

Good luck with the game.