W3 Player Pictures

DeletedUser

The organization I am in is world wide with over 100000 participants doing medieval recreation in arts, warfare and sciences. In warfare we use blunted weapons and are a full contact mass melee and tournament one-on-one system. Now recognized as a full fledged martial art in it's 42nd year.
We have wars with over 2000 warriors on the battle field, full tactical orders and engagements in a variety of terrain.

2276431033_b7028af508.jpg

For more information google the "Society of Creative Anachronism" & you will come up with thousands of websites by members.
If you would like to go directly to the source, the main page is www.SCA.org

well Syl find me at Pennsic I will buy you a beer, just ask for Stahlgeist some one can direct you in the correct direction.

If you want to see me :

http://chivalry.midrealm.org/peer_new.php?input=175

DeletedUser

nice to put some faces to names
im not going to put myself in this (cause im camera shy)

albigensian

nice to see that I am not the only one here who goes to the Pennsic War.

Woah!, huzzar another renactor:icon_cool:, nice to see.

i was a member of S.C.U.M. (south coast unafilliated mercenaries)for many years.

i remember you guys,
perhaps we'll meet on the battlefield one day.

or if you see our glorious leader (mungo big nose trollop) otherwise known as sapper say hi for me J.C. member of portcullis company.

i plan on going to tewksbury again sometime and will probably join up again.

DeletedUser

For once, Im gonna play necromancer :) I guess its okay in a thread like this.. hehe

canttouchthis1.jpg

Do I get a +1 stupidly confidence point ?

DeletedUser

My friends and I were rock climbing, this is about 5/6 of the way through. Note the obvious rippedness of the guy in the middle.

Climbing1.jpg

albigensian

Lets see if i can do thiw without buggering up the BB codes....

Pkerface.jpg

Fealty-s.jpg

ok... now all the mystery is gone~
Loek isn't the only one that swings swords in real life.. and pikes, and spears, bardiche, war axe, horsmans mace, glaive, morningstar, maudu, halberd, etc.
SCA MoA 1996

ha ha! see loek, proper renactment proper wepons armour ect.

Hey sylvanus! do you ever get yourself up to tewksbury? maybe i'll see you there one day and we could have a good old ting tang.

for lancaster!!!! for the king!!!!

i've fought with a few of your guys before somewhere along the lines though i ca'nt recall exactly where.

I'm an old member of S.C.U.M. (south coast unafiliated mercenaries) port cullis company.

oh that guy with the tash looks alot like sapper our glorious leader though his hair looks alot neater and he seems a little taller in that photo.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

ha ha! see loek, proper renactment proper wepons armour ect.

The only difference between renactment and LARP is the weapons and what I guess is the plot is already decided beforehand in renactment, whereas LARP is improvised action, ei everything can happen.. you fail, but nice try :)

albigensian

The only difference between renactment and LARP is the weapons and what I guess is the plot is already decided beforehand in renactment, whereas LARP is improvised action, ei everything can happen.. you fail, but nice try :)

There's no fail at all m8 and i suspect there's a great many differences as there are similarities.

I think you'd love renactmet too but for me personally i cant get on with foam weps, to me it's the only real downfall in LARP.

many plots at large events are generally scripted due to historical events but there are just as many shows and some private weekends where they are not, and are created or loosely follow a historical event the out come sometimes left to the better side.

the fighting itself scripted or not is still improvised though if a historical event says a cetain side is to loose or win then evetually they do but not untill after a damn good fight.

For me, i like the film work that we sometimes get and most of all the incredible adrenaline rush from reciveing a cavalry charge, the sound and feel of hooves pounding the earth surpasses even a good clash of steel in a ting tang.

i've no idea if you have the good parties round a campfire with the singing,musicians plaing mandolin, bodrhans ect,ect. which the public dos'nt get to see at night but that also for me is a great time.

DeletedUser

you LARPers scare me. If I ever go to one of those I'll make sure to bring a gun and reenact modern battles ;) or maybe enact a battle to see what would happen if 1 dude brought a gun to the middle ages.

DeletedUser

I've yet to post my picture.

Tell you what, if Gunners AND Godishly post their pics, I'll post mine.