The TeachU TW Textbook

DeletedUser

Although I admit the Queen concept is partially successful, I disagree with Lord Hellz on this one.

It is imperative that you listen to Ice-T for the following reasons.

When you are in a war, you need to fight man-to-man. Listen to Bodycount.

Your tribe will expect you to be Prepared to Die..

Your missus will be reminded about her position in relation to the most horrendous war you ever experienced in TW by his track with Evil-E What about Sex?.

And finally, when you have millions of points and loads of armies. You can reminisce once you leave the game tired and oddly disappointed. Ice-T offers you the alternative to being poor and famous due to your career in Tribalwars, he raps about Rich and Infamous. And trust me, that is preferable to fame in Tribalwars.

eldred de bone

Thank you hopfully ill last long enough to use its strats most helpful the only thing i dont see is how to time your trians

is there a time table for the trains ?
ive seen several mentions of launcing trains at under one second intervals how?

DeletedUser

This is a really great guide. Cover a lot of things i wanted to know. Thanks for posting it.

mattcurr

Then build your stable, bypass Scouts and just upgrade the stable to L3. Research LC and start building them. Note that you also avoid researching Axemen and Archers whilst on the route to LC. Simply build up spears and farm like a mad man, or woman if you prefer. Again, I stress the importance of activity for this strategy - as without it you may as well stick to the more traditional build up.

Ok I have read this a million times... Can someone please explane how if you skip axes you can clear farms for your spears to farm?

DeletedUser

That's targeted more towards worlds with growing barbs where you can find abundant defenseless quality farms.

mattcurr

That's targeted more towards worlds with growing barbs where you can find abundant defenseless quality farms.

Was it... I thought I remembered one Lc rush guide for regular worlds in there:icon_cry:

DeletedUser

The guide was written before w13, yes, and in those situations you're right, it's a pretty horrible idea, but the fact that most worlds these days have growing barbs...

mattcurr

The guide was written before w13, yes, and in those situations you're right, it's a pretty horrible idea, but the fact that most worlds these days have growing barbs...

Humm he must have had some sort of strategy to implement it, not in his character to write bs. Thats why I thought I was just miffed though if you dont know it either than I am quite confused.

DeletedUser

openeye didn't write all of them personally...and even if it wasn't a good idea when it was written it's not all that bad on some new style worlds, although I wouldn't use it personally.

DeletedUser

hmm, I JUST might try it out on W16.. NOT the catapult one cuz I still think cats are a waste of time later on in the game, but the HC / axe combo, DEFINITELY.

It seems really cool and all.

DeletedUser

A brain teaser for you:

how many villages can you noble per day later on in the game, if you use all resources for minting coins/packages? max 2 at speed 1. Probably less cause you will need part of your resources to upgrade buildings and build troops.

How many resources do you need to build catapults and destroy an enemy who might pose a threat.

Espacially in late game catapults are extremly useful.

mattcurr

A brain teaser for you:

how many villages can you noble per day later on in the game, if you use all resources for minting coins/packages? max 2 at speed 1. Probably less cause you will need part of your resources to upgrade buildings and build troops.

How many resources do you need to build catapults and destroy an enemy who might pose a threat.

Espacially in late game catapults are extremly useful.

Your too involved in the math to have assumed all variable's if you think that is able to be solved.

While yes, you can figure {(x)13} / (x+y)=g}; you will fail to account for mental, aspects, and once you put new villages in that equation would look something like this {(x)(13)+(g)(13/z)}/(x+y)= r.

Note I simplified both equations and dropped a few variables to make it easier. And z is indeterminable. expept maybe to say 1<z<24. Not to even get into troop variables.

Last edited:

DeletedUser44348

I don't think that was an actual brain teaser, considering he provided the answer right after the question. He was telling -TRH- to use his brain.

If you depend on camps/mines/pits for all of your income, then the limit of nobles produced per day as the number of villages approaches infinity is equal to just a little bit over 2.
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=91413 packet system

The point is: in late game, it is much easier to win with catapults than noblemen, due to the nobleman's scarcity.
Ok I have read this a million times... Can someone please explane how if you skip axes you can clear farms for your spears to farm?

I believe this is from the section titled, "Rushing LC."

The idea is to get light cavalry as quickly as possible, hence the term "rush". And if you do indeed get them as quickly as possible, as suggested by the title, beginner protection will still be on. You can't clear anything anyways.

Plus, there's no need to clear anything for quite a while once you have light cavalry ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser44348

On the topic of the light cavalry rush:

I wanted to see how fast I could get light cavalry with low activity. I still got them before my beginner protection was up.[spoil]day 1: I had classes (4 hours), work (6 hours), and a good amount of sleep (8 hours)
day 2: I had classes (7 hours), work (6 hours), and a good amount of sleep (8 hours)
day 3: I had classes (2 hours), work (7 hours), and a good amount of sleep (8 hours)

I did all the normal recreational stuff with friends: played some video games, watched a movie or two, went out for pizza, etc. I ran a few errands and did a few hours of studying each day.

I didn't get on the computer at all during these times.

I started at about 00:44:xx 5/11/2008.
I finished training my first light cavalry at about 00:24:xx, 08/11/2008
That's less than 3 days, in a world with 4-day beginner protection.[/spoil]

The key was planning. I knew the required buildings and technologies to train light cavalry, how much they costed, how long they took to make, etc. I mostly knew my schedule ahead of time, so I planned my in-game actions to fit around my life. I used a tool similar to this one.

If a player like openeye (sits on the computer all day) or jamm (a team of people playing the same account) was to rush to light cavalry, I'd bet they could get them within 2 days of starting on the same world (speed 1.2, unit speed 1.5).

Now, what is the point of getting light cavalry as soon as possible? It's like openeye said, "Light Cavalry are the best unit for farming." I'd say the nicest things about using light cavalry to farm are that they're nearly twice as fast as spears; And you can send very small amounts of them to raid undefended villages without losing any of them (you could send one by itself, or, with horrible morale, two of them)

To farm effectively, you have to make the most use of your hauls. By this, I mean that you want to steal 100% of each raiding squad's haul. If your neighbors are farming too, there will likely be only small amounts of resources in any villages nearby. So you have to make the best use of your units, and send out many small attacks, instead of a few big attacks, to increase the chances of getting the most resources you can. For example, pretend that beginner protection was almost up. Suppose you didn't rush light cavalry. Instead of attacking 4 villages with squads of 100 spears every 6 hours, you could attack 80 villages with squads of 3 spears and 2 axes every 6 hours. Not only will you have better chances of getting the most resources possible from your hauls, but you won't suffer so much when you attack a spike. However, spears&axes aren't nearly as quick as light cavalry. Generally, if you log in more than two or three times a day at this point in the game, you'll be able to get resources much faster by using light cavalry squads.

Now, here is where combining frequent activity with a light cavalry rush truly shines. Figure out the rates of resource production in each village you raid, and match them with the rate you haul resources. If a village made 30 timber/hour, 30 clay/hour, and 30 iron/hour, that would be a rate of 90 resources per hour. Suppose it has no wall and you have good enough morale to only send 1 light cavalry (which has a haul of 80). You would send 1 light cavalry to attack the village once every [80/90 hours]; that's about once every 54 minutes. If you do this for every one of your farms, you'll be getting a good steady income of resources, making the most of your hauls, and decreasing the income of your neighbors without spiking anything or attacking them.

Once players near you notice that farming doesn't get enough resources, they will try to spike (if you hit one, avoid it and routinely scout till the troops are gone) and/or upgrade their resource production buildings (new farms, anyone?). When they spike, they can't farm with those units, so they'll grow slower. Within a few days of beginner protection ending, these starved players aren't really threats, and you can either ignore them, clear&raze their villages into new farms, or persuade them to become your sycophants.

As for whether this approach is better for worlds with growing gray villages or a world without growing gray villages, I'd say a light cavalry rush works well in both. But it's much easier to manage things on a non-growing-gray world, because growing-grays tend to construct walls, ruining the farming method unless you also make routine wall/barracks/hq destruction runs.

DeletedUser

I love the guide, but I was wondering if TeachU would ever restart on a different world? It sounds like an amazing thing, and I was hoping that it might be somewhere else. I saw that it had disbanded on a few worlds, but is it (or will it be) around anywhere else?

DeletedUser

I love the guide, but I was wondering if TeachU would ever restart on a different world? It sounds like an amazing thing, and I was hoping that it might be somewhere else. I saw that it had disbanded on a few worlds, but is it (or will it be) around anywhere else?

don't think so.

there are tribes that are trying to do the same thing though (uTeach is an example)

DeletedUser

I was wondering what an ideal armys size would be and what it would consist of. If you could show examples and good guide lines for point ranges also. Like if your a 500 point player what size of army and what should be in it for your size and so on untill you have a max sized army for a village.