Support and sleep Mode

DeletedUser

I was wondering if I could get an admin or mod to comment on the reasoning behind support returning to it's original village every time you enter sleep mode. This seems to negate one of the most logical ways of playing used by most people, that of specialized villages.
If you build an offense only village then it is unprotected every time you come out of sleep mode.
This totally changes gameplay in ways that do not seem to make any sense at all.

Thanks

DeletedUser10513

i personaly don`t relly udenrstand you ... you can`t be attacked udner sleep mode ... and if your getting attacked it shows ... so ... if your not infront of the pc ... you still have only attack units there....

DeletedUser

I was wondering if I could get an admin or mod to comment on the reasoning behind support returning to it's original village every time you enter sleep mode. This seems to negate one of the most logical ways of playing used by most people, that of specialized villages.
If you build an offense only village then it is unprotected every time you come out of sleep mode.
This totally changes gameplay in ways that do not seem to make any sense at all.

Thanks

This has a lot of sense in fact ...

Without this rule, you could send all your defensive units as support to your "friends" before going to sleep.

This would create a lot of imbalance into the world.

edit: meanwhile, and as you said, support in "your" own village should not be sent back

DeletedUser

Yes, exactly, I do understand the idea behind not letting it stay in another players village, but should be different for your own.

DeletedUser

Problem is if you are attacked as I was right as you come out of sleep mode you don't stand a chance. I had gotten support in and it was gone. There was no time to get new support in. Why shouldn't they stay?

Tangalor Firefoot

Sleep mode is still a major advantage, if you know how to use it. If your setting your time automatically for 6 hours, you'll run into problems but otherwise you could use it to deal some major harm.

DeletedUser

Problem is if you are attacked as I was right as you come out of sleep mode you don't stand a chance. I had gotten support in and it was gone. There was no time to get new support in. Why shouldn't they stay?

yeah I understand, but if you allow "foreign" support to stay out while in sit mode, it's going to be abused.

it is the counter-part of sleep mode. Problem is that none expected it. At least now that you are warned, you can "try" to plan accordingly

speed 450 is much more fun as you don't have time to ask for support anyway lol

DeletedUser4596

The best solution to this problem of your offensive armies being in danger while Hoodoo makes you nap is to send your offensive armies away well you are going night-night.

DeletedUser

The best solution to this problem of your offensive armies being in danger while Hoodoo makes you nap is to send your offensive armies away well you are going night-night.

you mean sending them on a 10 hours trip I suppose? but I don't think there are any village so far away on the current speed world

DeletedUser

k, I definitely just logged in after sleep mode, and my support from one village was still in another...so it stays during sleep mode...

DeletedUser

Doesn't work since they automatically return home no matter how far you send them.

DeletedUser

k, I definitely just logged in after sleep mode, and my support from one village was still in another...so it stays during sleep mode...

ok so "your" own support in your "own" village stay there
Only "your" own support in someone's else village is called back

can you confirm?

That seems fine to me

Tangalor Firefoot

Does your own support stay? wasn't that what petra was complain about.

DeletedUser

I am still playing with it, it seems like some stays and some does not, very strange. I'll do a careful check next time I sleep mode.

DeletedUser

ok so "your" own support in your "own" village stay there
Only "your" own support in someone's else village is called back

can you confirm?

That seems fine to me

I can't say for sure that someone else's support went home. I think a tribemate's defense stayed put while we were in sleep mode, but, since rarely is the same playing on before and after sleep mode, I can't be 100% sure

DeletedUser

as far as I've understand it to work, all support stays put no matter what mode.

But things to remember are:
~Support that arrives at a village while it's owner is in sleep mode will return to the village it orginated from.
~Any troops inbound to any location, whether attacking or support, will return home the moment when the player/owner goes into sleep mode.

So, the problem petra is addressing might have been caused by the troops being enroute while her account was entered sleep mode. That is if I understand the rules of sleep mode correctly.

DeletedUser

Also, I know for sure your support comes back once you enter sleep mode, unless milen was just being a jerk to AoM and wanted to leave him high and dry, but I doubt it

DeletedUser

well, all of my support troops are still out as far as I know and I've been to sleep and back since that time.

DeletedUser1334

Last week a tribe-mate sent me some major support because I was under attack from a TW guy. Everything was cool and then an hour after the troops had made themselves at home, they simply disappeared out of my village, and I ended up nobled within a few hours.
I had no idea what happened, but I was some ticked at my tribe-mate, but he was in sleep mode when I checked, so I couldn't speak to him. 8 hours later I logged back onto Speed to find a message from him asking why I had sent the troops back. That's how WE found out about the blasted auto-recall when entering sleep mode.
Personally I think it sucks! The point of supporting somebody is to ensure their safety! It's ridiculous that they're just going to lose the support as soon as you have to go to sleep!