First to Smithy..

DeletedUser

:| yes, I just realised. My barracks only took 10 minutes to build... It's like buildings are at 2x speed, but resources and units are at .5?

was the rax your first upgrade? if so, thats common - every world gives the first upgrade at a discounted time.

If not, then im reading your message wrong :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser15106

was the rax your first upgrade? if so, thats common - every world gives the first upgrade at a discounted time.

Uhm it does?
But ehm.. yeah 10 mins instead of an hour is a pretty steep discount!
I'll test another building when i have resources for it I guess...

DeletedUser

Uhm it does?
But ehm.. yeah 10 mins instead of an hour is a pretty steep discount!
I'll test another building when i have resources for it I guess...

I already tested it when i made a mistake :S.

the world speed is right. 2nd cued building (rax) was gonna take 51 mins to build.

and yes, you get a massive discounted time on your first building in a world

mattcurr

Wood to level 8 took 7 minutes...

DeletedUser

I just put HQ 5 in critique, woot. I love my army of 14 spears.

DeletedUser

If so, you probably have quite a low spear count.

Actually a smithy only costs 627 557 556 (inculding the 2 HQ levels), so if he had a high spear count and a full farm this would be just 2 farm raids.

Sure you are right that most players who get a smithy this early are just pointwhorish without troops, but I think those who will be in the top20 soon will also build a smithy soon. And I'm pretty sure each of them has a spear count of 30+ at the moment.

DeletedUser

now you are definitely a pointwhore :)
what are you going to do with your smithy now? or will you race for stable now for the points?

DeletedUser

Actually a smithy only costs 627 557 556 (inculding the 2 HQ levels), so if he had a high spear count and a full farm this would be just 2 farm raids.

Sure you are right that most players who get a smithy this early are just pointwhorish without troops, but I think those who will be in the top20 soon will also build a smithy soon. And I'm pretty sure each of them has a spear count of 30+ at the moment.

True, but I think nearly all the people who have a high spear count were focusing on that primarily. So to go out of the way to build a smithy, which as you said is only 2 farms meaning they should have fallen quite far behind in the spear 'race' and possibly not even covered the losses sustained on each run.

DeletedUser

Getting to swords right now will probably slow me down a bit initially, but considering with -24 luck, it takes 73 swords to not lose a spear, in the long run it will prevent some losses and let me split my farming runs up a bit. However, in the long run it will be beneficial to have swords, and not just as something to spend my iron on.

DeletedUser

actually I will start building my smithy in 30 minutes and I have been constantly building spears for 12 hours now and only had minor gaps before that.

DeletedUser

now you are definitely a pointwhore :)
what are you going to do with your smithy now? or will you race for stable now for the points?

dear I have 8 8 8 mines and smithy and 5 spear what do u have ? I guess nothing only u can talk so much

DeletedUser

actually I will start building my smithy in 30 minutes and I have been constantly building spears for 12 hours now and only had minor gaps before that.

Yeah, I should have my smithy in 2~ hours. What I'm, saying is, people who have already had there smithy for say, 6-7 hours are probably lagging behind in spear count. Unless it's a co-played account or something else that gives a distinct advantage.

DeletedUser

beastfighter, at least you are not alone on it any more :)

ok let's analyse this: you have 5 spears that you cannot put to any use, you have a smithy but no swords and you have level 8 pits which produce 43 instead of 32 res per hour.

Someone who is farming has (if he has greys right next to him) up to 400 income each per hour. Less if the farms go empty or they are further away, but in any case more than 100 per hour.

Now, realize you did it wrong?