[moved from top 20 thread] What kind of "politcs" tribes should use?

DeletedUser

And for the family how do u think it need to work each tribe in famyli have her own leaders or a leader for all them??

DeletedUser

i've found that having a council or small group of people in charge of the entrie family works best

DeletedUser30632

A leader should be competent, decisive, aware of all that goes on in the tribe, aware of worldwide diplomacy, and finally - carry more than his fair share of the day-to-day nobling, ops, sitting, etc.

Councils can work out. Ideally, however, they would advise not vote as presumably, the leader is the most capable of weighing all the information to make a decision.

Of course, if you lack aforementioned competent leader, then you may have to settle for something like a voting council.

However, it is slow - as it may take a while to get everyone together to vote.
Further, indecisiveness of leadership tends to increase with the size of the leading group. You can find many real world examples of this.

Words to look up to..

DeletedUser

And for the family how do u think it need to work each tribe in famyli have her own leaders or a leader for all them??

Well there should be family leader and then a leader for each tribe that report to the family leader. I still think the whole idea is bad...but if I were to for some insane reason do it, that's how I would set it up.

DeletedUser

Toltarian oligarchy is the best
aka, no none council has any power over choices withen the tribe, and all must follow the council's rule, any who wish to not follow and not assist the tribe, with no exuse as to why not, get terminated
also for a family, you have council members in each tribe sit eachother to watch the progress of the other tribes

DeletedUser

I tend to use a council, just so that you can include the players you consider to be the better players in your tribe in important war decisions. After all, what's the point of mnaking a decision on something if your members are incapable of following the order, wherether they want too or not...

DeletedUser

The council idea is very effective as long as it is a core group of good players and strong leaders. Something that hasn't been mentioned about them yet is that with any member of the council capable of dealing with day to day issues it lessens the work load for the leader and all the other council members. I know some players tire of this game when they are spending all their time leading the tribe and dealing with every single issue that arrizes. Also, with a good active council, the important decisions can be decided fast, or in the worst case scenario the leader can make a decision on his/her own.

DeletedUser

thats the great thing of haveing 2 leaders and a council
the leaders just sit back and drink coffee and the council do all the work XD

DeletedUser

thats the great thing of haveing 2 leaders and a council
the leaders just sit back and drink coffee and the council do all the work XD

lazy, but fairly true, back in the days of ~G~ we had 2 leaders and a council. the council did the most of the dirty work (I was one so i know) whilst the leaders did all the planning and sorted out the big problems. Worked fine untill we got gangbanged and one of our leaders decided to feed his laptop coffee :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

The council idea is very effective as long as it is a core group of good players and strong leaders. Something that hasn't been mentioned about them yet is that with any member of the council capable of dealing with day to day issues it lessens the work load for the leader and all the other council members. I know some players tire of this game when they are spending all their time leading the tribe and dealing with every single issue that arrizes. Also, with a good active council, the important decisions can be decided fast, or in the worst case scenario the leader can make a decision on his/her own.

I strongly agree with this, it helps to have one council member in charge of a certain area as well, that way it also stops mass confusion when 2 many ppl like to stick their hands in the pot so to speak

DeletedUser

I strongly agree with this, it helps to have one council member in charge of a certain area as well, that way it also stops mass confusion when 2 many ppl like to stick their hands in the pot so to speak

<whistles innocently> I don't know anyone in TicTac like that Willow....certainely I don't try to get involved in ANYthing :icon_wink:

The only real problem I have with the idea of a Council is that sometimes it can take awhile to talk things over, depending on where everyone is from, their activity level, and so on. My Council in FO was pretty spread out geographically, so it was hard to get together for planning sessions. Not to mention the vast majority of them didn't use IM services. Made it damn difficult, tedious, and LONG to plan things since we had to use the forums lol.

Little surprise I planned most of my strategy with people outside the tribe lol. I'm glad KoTR was there for me to bounce ideas off of, kept me from going insane at not being able to effectively use my Council :icon_wink:

~Morningfrost

DeletedUser

You touched on something... "leadership". It doesn't matter how you run your tribe or council it is the qualities of your leader(s).

The qualities that constitute leadership:
A leader has the uncanny ability to inspire loyalty. Those abound him or her will go to great lengths to support the leader.
A good leader shares responsibility and the credit for a job well done.
A good leader is tolerant of ambiguity and remains calm, composed and steadfast to the main purpose.

And most of all a good leader can kick some a$$.

DeletedUser

You touched on something... "leadership". It doesn't matter how you run your tribe or council it is the qualities of your leader(s).

A leader has the uncanny ability to inspire loyalty. Those abound him or her will go to great lengths to support the leader.
A good leader is tolerant of ambiguity and remains calm, composed and steadfast to the main purpose.

Well obviously you need leaders capable of leading. If the leader is any good he/she will surround him(her)self with capable and dependable council members.

DeletedUser

On a seperate note, I guess the number of capable players in the tribe would decide whether the tribe was a dictatorship or Council run. I mean, I could see instances where a dictatorship would be preferable to a council if the leader was the only player in the tribe displaying any quality leadership skills. I could also see instances where a council is easily more advantagous to a dictatorship. Something else I thought of since I made my first post is that with a council, you could have a range of players with valuable skills that would not be fully explioted in a dictator run tribe.

Say for instance your leader is a charismatic talker that keeps the tribe morale high and everyone loyal, but he lacks the military experience/skill to co-ordinate the tribe's war efforts. With a council you could have your charismatic leader keeping the tribe going great while another council member lead the war effort and planning.

Obviously I am a great advocate for councils, but I have also never experienced the negative aspects some of you have listed here. I guess I got lucky that way. Also, though I far prefer the council leadership to that of a dictatorship, I do see the advantages a dictatorship has over the Council. Faster decisions and far less chance for an internal power struggle since theres only one leader are the obvious reasons in favor of dictatorship. However the success of the tribe then hinges on the quality of the leader and his/her activeness, which can drain said leader of the fun he/she once found playing TW, leading to an eventual quitting of the game. As I think Christmasmarine mentioned (I appologize if it was someone else) rarely does the successor fully fill the shoes of the previous dictator.

There, thats my 2 cents on the matter, I'll end this essay now, sorry for going on and on, but after reading this topic it really got me thinking about the pros and cons of both.

DeletedUser

:icon_eek:now i see what i am doing wrong, i should'nt beat them and put pineapples in certain places, i should be nice to the little fellows

DeletedUser

:icon_eek:now i see what i am doing wrong, i should'nt beat them and put pineapples in certain places, i should be nice to the little fellows

Perhaps....though that DOES explain why CM is always walking kinda funny....

~Morningfrost

DeletedUser

The great thing is, if they are loyal then they won't mind the pineapple at all.