Favourite/Epic Films?

DeletedUser

Just off the top of my head from my DVD collection, I know for sure there will be more films I love that I've forgotten.

Gladiator
Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas
The Shawshank Redemption
Schindlers List
The Pianist
Pan's Labyrinth
Cashback
Kill Bill
The Big Lebowski
Withnail and I
Click
Oldschool
Anchorman
Rain Man
Die Hard
As Good As It Gets
Terminator
Pulp Fiction
Resevoir Dogs
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Fight Club
The Sixth Sence
American Psycho
The Matrix
Leon
Taxi Driver
Shooting Fish
Buffalo Soldiers
Twelve Monkeys
Trainspotting
Desperado
Ratatouille
Aladdin
Saving Private Ryan
Forrest Gump
Donnie Darko
Dances With Wolves
Requiem For a Dream
Apocalypse Now
Zulu

(I haz bored minute)

Pan's Labyrinth <~~Am surprised to see that mentioned because of the subtitles. So many don't bother and REALLY miss out on this one.

KOPP, you haz the best taste in W19, me thinks. Almost every one of those movies would be amongst my very favs. Add in Apocalypto and that list is probs about done. :)

DeletedUser34455

I would say Pan's Labyrinth is in my top 2 or 3 films, absolutely amazing, very emotional film, and to me any film that can effect your emotions either sad, happy, scared etc, is generally a good film. I also reccomend Cashback from that list, its relatively unknown but very artistic and a pleasure to watch, as long as you dont mind some female nudity (it being tasteful and not sexual)

Pam Nam

(I haz bored minute)

Pan's Labyrinth <~~Am surprised to see that mentioned because of the subtitles. So many don't bother and REALLY miss out on this one.

Pans Labyrinth is indeed awesome! Some of My favourite films are in subtitles (I really like my Asian films). So I find it sad that they put some people off, after about 20 minutes you read them subconsciously anyway!

Here are some other great films with subtitles...

Ong_Bak-300.jpg

003_amelie.jpg

70063-large.jpg

DeletedUser

Ong Bak is brilliant.
Oldboy is probably my favourate subtitled film... but they're doing a hollywood remake of it... with Will Smith and Steven Spielberg... :icon_evil:

DeletedUser

anyone watched 9th Company...?

Awesome film, I think it's great that it is now being shown outside Russia.

The Afghans actually feel that they were better off under Russian occupation than American/NATO occupation. My grandfather has been to Afghanistan and spoken with some ex-soviet officers and soldiers and Afghans. He's written a diary of it and is writing a book about it. Look out for books by Rodric Braithwaite, he's written a couple already.

A statistic:
Russian storming of Kabul
35 wounded 50 dead, no civilian casualties

US storming of Panama City
Roughly the same wounded and dead military casualties, 1000 civilian casualties.

You will find those stats in his next book :lol:

DeletedUser50733

I liked Bloodsport, with van damme and that meathead oriental dude. That was a pretty awesome martial arts film.

DeletedUser

You like Ong-Bak, check out The Protector, with Tony Jaa of course

DeletedUser

I dont really have a favorite, but any movie filled with action is good..preferably modern day war, and middle ages warfare...but just about anything is good :p Also, adam sandler and paulie shores are cool.

DeletedUser34455

I just remembered another good film... City of God. I think the sequel is out soon too. I have read the books they are very good.

DeletedUser

Watchmen? You're better off reading the graphic novel. Far more interesting and far less cheese-ness.

For sheer comedy factor, since I don't recall seeing many on here...
Caddyshack
Stripes
Billy Madison
Revenge of the Nerds

DeletedUser

Did anyone here like the Signs with Mel Gibson? I thought it was really good. It's in my top 10 for sure. I'll never forget the part where the kids are having a party and the alien walks past the window. That scared the living shit out of me :icon_surprised:
Here it is: Birthday Party Alien

Last edited by a moderator: