Would you play a non coplayed world?

DeletedUser

I don't think people who can find a Co-Player is really fair. Some people can't or don't trust others. But the players with Co-Players is unfair because just of that they have a better chance then the rest. Also I would think that Tribal Wars is losing money from this deal. Think about it. Two players paying for one account instead of two players paying for two accounts.

So it's unfair for you because you don't trust other people...

No, it doesn't work that way.

DeletedUser

I would play the world, I dont support it as a way of playing anyways.

DeletedUser

I've often wished I had a co-player. I've had to quit several worlds because of all the out of town travel I'm forced to do. Depending on the tribe your in account sitters can be imposable to get for long term absences. At least on a non co-play world everyone else would have the same disadvantages I've had if they had to leave town for awhile. LOL

DeletedUser

You could also use proxies to defeat current rules on same internet connection - so should they just toss those rules too?

Proxies are usually quite slow ... you'd be SOL if you had to actually time something and even normal game play might be somewhat painful. Many proxy addresses are also typically well known - they could be blocked if it really became an issue.

Its actually quite simple if you download a few programs and run them yourself. One co-player can host a proxy server on their own machine and be the "main" player.

The co-player just sets their browser to point to their machine for *.tribalwars.net"...so all traffic is routed through that machine. Sure its a tad slower, but nothing like going through a public proxy site.

Of course there would have to be a great amount of trust between these people for this to work, but it pretty effortless to accomplish "hidden co-playing" through basic use of proxies.

I just foresee the nightmare in enforcing such a world...what about legimate people playing from two different locations (at various times)? Will someone sit down and analyze their schedule? What if someone has two people playing one account from the same household?

Frankly, the game mechanics and medium (web services/web clients) does not condone itself to enforce this kind of world. The cost of maintaining a "fair" non-coplay-world is too high imo.

DeletedUser2386

Its actually quite simple if you download a few programs and run them yourself. One co-player can host a proxy server on their own machine and be the "main" player.

The co-player just sets their browser to point to their machine for *.tribalwars.net"...so all traffic is routed through that machine. Sure its a tad slower, but nothing like going through a public proxy site.

Of course there would have to be a great amount of trust between these people for this to work, but it pretty effortless to accomplish "hidden co-playing" through basic use of proxies.

I just foresee the nightmare in enforcing such a world...what about legimate people playing from two different locations (at various times)? Will someone sit down and analyze their schedule? What if someone has two people playing one account from the same household?

Frankly, the game mechanics and medium (web services/web clients) does not condone itself to enforce this kind of world. The cost of maintaining a "fair" non-coplay-world is too high imo.

Your thinking too much into it.
People are usually too lazy, and lack the knowledge, to do such a thing.
Theres no 100% sure way to detect rule breakers for any rule.

DeletedUser

Who cares? No one is going to set up a server for co playing just to co play on the one world it isn't allowed.

So you get up in the morning in America, go to work in Australia, then go back to playing in America again? It's pretty easy to find out the locations of the IPs.

For example, the servers for this forum are located in Slade, Germany, lat 53.6 long 9.48. I can find this and know nothing about computers.

Well, you misused condone. And since they obviously already monitor IPs to prevent players from multi accounting, the cost can't be much higher.

halo2themax

My opinion is you need an Australian, a Brit and a Japanese Person.

The Brit for making intelligent posts
The japanese person for playing the game and never sleeping.
The Aussie to take all the credit and be arrogant as hell.

DeletedUser

Co-playing is sometimes essential. You never know what RL may throw at you, and sometimes a helping hand is vital to maintain your account.

You can share the load, be more active than when you play solo, plus you can terrorize your area better. ;)

I dont think such a world where co-playing is made illegal would be very successful, as most people have now adopted co-playing in order to keep playing effectively.

Just my opinion. :)

DeletedUser

It strikes me that TW is becoming more and more diluted with the creation of new worlds seemingly every couple of weeks. I myself am quitting due to the time it takes to maintain an account at a competitive level. I watch many players come and go, I cannot ever play TW again without a coplayer, the sacrifice is far to great otherwise.

I must say that under the current management of TW, that a world without coplayers wouldn't do anymore damage than any other new world and settings. However, I would rather see TW promote the life of a world, rather than the mass releasing of worlds upon worlds upon worlds. It strikes me that 17/18 were the last of the epic worlds. The game is losing it's flavor, as all games do that deviate from the ideology that makes them great.

I do believe that a world without coplayers will limit competition. Some people, many who have given years to TW use coplayers now as a way to continue playing the game, while still remaining competitive. To lose that core of players to a new world will create much larger disparity between super-active and casual players.

I Am King Cool

Simz would own that... but maybe miggy would play then we would see miggy is good....

DeletedUser

Yeh thats true i forgot bout miggy but simz would win anyway

I Am King Cool

lol would be fun to watch...
Lizy you should make this a poll to see.

I Am King Cool

This really should be a poll :D
So how is active? (I used to play w36)
*on topic*
If over 75% said they would play one do you think you would make one lizy?
I think if you did the world would fill up really fast.

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I've never had, nor ever intend to have a co-player.

A non-coplying world is a great idea in my opinion.

I Am King Cool

same here therin as I have never co-played or ever wanted to co-play
I have had night sitters...