The (almost) Complete TW Dictionary.

• Thread starter Agent Incognito
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Relocation

Relocate player = help player to stay in safe area, where tribe is strong. Player from endangered area can noble village next to his tribemates even from far away distance, if his tribemates lower village's loyalty below 20 %. So player will stay in the core instead to get rimmed.

DeletedUser

-cough-

Additionally... this isn't meant to be read as a "guide", and you may in fact cause irreparable damage to yourself by reading it all at once. Best to just use it to look for terms you're unsure about.

You've been warned.

Gah...You really should've put that in bold at the top of the OP...:icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Can you add AS = Account sitter and MA = Mounted archer? :icon_wink:

rbh135

I cba to read it all :lol:
*random noob walks in and asks what does cba stand for?*
*rbh135 points at agent incognito*
Ask him!

DeletedUser

Her. Ask her.

And pft. If you don't want to read it, s'null issue to me.

DeletedUser

Um. Yep. After only 30 words. :icon_razz:

And I'm still adding terms to this. :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

this aint Stickyfied yet?
if its waiting for a vote I vote it gets a sticky.

DeletedUser

Lulz. Um. That's flattering, thunx. Never actually occurred to me to suggest it get stickied. :p

DeletedUser

a solid dictionary of terms not stickyfied? 8 months ago when I first started to play this game, I struggled to understand a lot of the guides. Not because I had a poor grasp of english but because there was no dictionary, no glossary of terms.

This is as important as any guide out there as it explains common terms (common to TW that is).
sometimes even more so, consider it a "rosetta stone" for newbies like me.

DeletedUser

a solid dictionary of terms not stickyfied? 8 months ago when I first started to play this game, I struggled to understand a lot of the guides. Not because I had a poor grasp of english but because there was no dictionary, no glossary of terms.

This is as important as any guide out there as it explains common terms (common to TW that is).
sometimes even more so, consider it a "rosetta stone" for newbies like me.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/search.php

DeletedUser

HaHa servy. I have seen you use that so many times. I never thought I would find myself in the situation where I was going to hit get with that.

Just an FYI i do use the forum search quite a lot, more often than not I find spam and irrelevant results. Takes a lot of patience. In fact it is specially frustrating when your a newbie,
Try searching for "tw guide" on all open forums.

It should be rather simple even obvious that when you type "tw guide" your result should at least be a guide Tribal wars. Yet the first result is TW graphics guide. then Lizy's Scenario Poll. then this thread.
The most useful tw guide I have ever seen is OpenEye's Textbook and sadly it is nowhere in 1st page of those results.
you even have top 20 world opinion thread which have nothing to do with learning the basics of the game.

DeletedUser

Heh. The search function is great if you know what you're looking for. The only problem with it is new players often don't know what they're meant to search for, in order to... search for it. :icon_razz:

And I wouldn't object to this being stickied, of course. :icon_wink:

But I foresaw it as really just being the sort of thing that'd spread through word of mouth. Or word of text, as it were. Hell if I know, really. I just made the thing... what happens to it around the forums is out of my hands. >)

DeletedUser

HaHa servy. I have seen you use that so many times. I never thought I would find myself in the situation where I was going to hit get with that.

Just an FYI i do use the forum search quite a lot, more often than not I find spam and irrelevant results. Takes a lot of patience. In fact it is specially frustrating when your a newbie,
Try searching for "tw guide" on all open forums.

It should be rather simple even obvious that when you type "tw guide" your result should at least be a guide Tribal wars. Yet the first result is TW graphics guide. then Lizy's Scenario Poll. then this thread.
The most useful tw guide I have ever seen is OpenEye's Textbook and sadly it is nowhere in 1st page of those results.
you even have top 20 world opinion thread which have nothing to do with learning the basics of the game.

If you're just starting and looking for general information you should go to the help. By the time you're no longer getting useful answers there you ought to have a much better idea of what to search for beyond 'tw guide'. (Or, for example, the sense to look at most/all of the stickied threads after getting through the help.)

However your post wasn't about 'tw guides', it was about questions as to what individual terms mean, and for that the search feature works very effectively.

DeletedUser

good points servy :) I read the help, I even read wiki; but it was not until 2-3 months into the game when I discovered the tw Textbook. My tw performance before then was totally LOL. (same may argue it is still like that today but let us not digress)

as for searching for terms I still beg to differ sir... Try "Sniping" or "Farming" sad to say our forum search fails to yield decent results on default settings.. all im trying to say is it isnt user friendly at all... which brings us back to my original point.

I vote that this gets stickfied.

P.S. As for the search function, thats an entire discussion that is another matter and should be kept of this thread. My apologies for going beside the point.

DeletedUser

as for searching for terms I still beg to differ sir... Try "Sniping" or "Farming" sad to say our forum search fails to yield decent results on default settings.. all im trying to say is it isnt user friendly at all... which brings us back to my original point.

You're unlikely, although still possible, to find someone actually explaining what it means for terms like that, but you're fairly likely to see the word used in enough different contexts to be able to at least generally determine its meaning, assuming you're not expecting someone to do all the work for you.

lords of the emos

Not sure if it's something wrong with my computer but the only spoiler button that is working for me is the first one...

If some one could either mail me what the other spoilers say (they seem to be well written and amusing...) or simply post them here then that would be brilliant.