Dust Empire V.S ~LS~

DeletedUser

The only person who hasn't really really behaved is camil...

That's a bit harsh isn't it?:icon_redface:

Last time I recall it wasn't all me.

DeletedUser

It appears Dust wants a real fight. Lions, Salvkas give them one. From what we've seen so far it appears that Endemonadia has been both polite and as honest as any forum dweller can be :icon_wink:

The only person who hasn't really really behaved is camil...

Maybe we could see some declarations from both LS and HRV (full tags available in game) to go past this petty step of is it a war or isn't it?

Hehe, they'll never go to war with us. We're the only tribe they could possibly fight, so they won't go to war with us. They've got more important things to do than organise anything against us. Those planned attacks were obviously not planned. They haven't and they never will put in any effort against us...those stats mean nothing cos they haven't put in any effort against us. :lol:

mLions

Some Answers that will probably not satisfy everyone

Why Hrvati don't consider our conflict with Dust a war
In reality, we consider us to be at war with everyone who is not on our Allies list. In honesty, we don't have a NAP option - unless we mark someone to see where they are. So, we are at war with Dust. Some of our members fight them daily, some have just arrived in a big style to the battlefield (AxlTheCat), and some have been destroyed by Dust => Good-Job, who yelled for help, we sent him some, and then he promptly disappeared. (and was therefore dismissed)
Still, apart from Axl who got engaged in this war, there are not many veteran fighters from our tribe who have made their move against Dust. Why? There are several reasons for that:
1) Eating up our inactives
2) Eating up COAL in our background
3) Summer!!! Many of our guys are gone away taking only Speedos and a towel, not axes and horsies. Who's crazy to play some computer game when they can enjoy beaches and fun outside?

Will we see a more organised agression towards Dust?
Yes, but cannot tell you when. If you look at stats you will see that we're actively, but not in a too organised way, nobling COAL and a few other smaller tribes, everywhere in our area of dominance. We simply don't want to send our troops far away south against Dust while we have an enemy close to us who could attack us. They still have over 1000 villages which are relativelly easy to clear, but not to noble - since the nobles are not so cheap when you have many villages.
Still, give some time for the 3 above reasons to get settled, and you'll have us looking at the next available target. And it will be south.
People think that big tribes can noble a lot and that 2 months is a lot of time in TW. Well, when we wanted to neutralise a threat we nobled over 130 villages in a single day (think BLITZ!, ~I~, etc), but the distance, expensive nobles and a huge number of targets we have right now don't allow us to make a faster progress towards Dust.

How do inactives influence this war?
Greatly. Every tribe is fighting an ongoing battle with their inactives and if you haven't figured that out yet, I would say that this is the main reason between relatively recent huge merges - C2 & CND, BANG & ORC... No one is able to play intensively for an extended period of time if they also want to have a successful and productive RL. We at =HRV= encourage our players to first take care of their RL and make sure they are not neglecting it by playing TW. After that is covered then they play TW. They are veterans who know how to play, and it takes them a minimum of time to keep their accounts and defend themselves, but don't always have time to participate in actions against an enemy. Should we be attacked by a threat that could actually endanger our position, you would see all these player active again.

And then there are some guys who have left. When Drew left, his 2 mil big account went barbarian. We hope he is ok and healthy as he never let us know what happened and we are a bit worried something actually happened to him. Still - all his villages were full of army and he had a lot of villages. We didn't started actively nobling his villages as they are no threat to us. We're nobling them slowly, but all this 'cleaning up' takes our nobles away, and prevents us from organising a real war.

Good effort of Endemonadia
We are quite pleased that Dust have a leader who seems to have a good head on his shoulder. Fighting someone pathetic like COAL is not so much fun - it's rather a mundane task we have to undertake in order to eliminate a potential enemy within our midsts.
What I read and heard about Ende is good so far and it will give us a pleasure to have a more decent opponent at battlefield.

We play this game to fight each other, not to be nice to everyone. And players like Ende and his gang provide the opportunity for fight and fun, and we are indebted to them for this service.

DeletedUser

Some Answers that will probably not satisfy everyone

Why Hrvati don't consider our conflict with Dust a war
In reality, we consider us to be at war with everyone who is not on our Allies list. In honesty, we don't have a NAP option - unless we mark someone to see where they are. So, we are at war with Dust. Some of our members fight them daily, some have just arrived in a big style to the battlefield (AxlTheCat), and some have been destroyed by Dust => Good-Job, who yelled for help, we sent him some, and then he promptly disappeared. (and was therefore dismissed)
Still, apart from Axl who got engaged in this war, there are not many veteran fighters from our tribe who have made their move against Dust. Why? There are several reasons for that:
1) Eating up our inactives
2) Eating up COAL in our background
3) Summer!!! Many of our guys are gone away taking only Speedos and a towel, not axes and horsies. Who's crazy to play some computer game when they can enjoy beaches and fun outside?

Will we see a more organised agression towards Dust?
Yes, but cannot tell you when. If you look at stats you will see that we're actively, but not in a too organised way, nobling COAL and a few other smaller tribes, everywhere in our area of dominance. We simply don't want to send our troops far away south against Dust while we have an enemy close to us who could attack us. They still have over 1000 villages which are relativelly easy to clear, but not to noble - since the nobles are not so cheap when you have many villages.
Still, give some time for the 3 above reasons to get settled, and you'll have us looking at the next available target. And it will be south.
People think that big tribes can noble a lot and that 2 months is a lot of time in TW. Well, when we wanted to neutralise a threat we nobled over 130 villages in a single day (think BLITZ!, ~I~, etc), but the distance, expensive nobles and a huge number of targets we have right now don't allow us to make a faster progress towards Dust.

How do inactives influence this war?
Greatly. Every tribe is fighting an ongoing battle with their inactives and if you haven't figured that out yet, I would say that this is the main reason between relatively recent huge merges - C2 & CND, BANG & ORC... No one is able to play intensively for an extended period of time if they also want to have a successful and productive RL. We at =HRV= encourage our players to first take care of their RL and make sure they are not neglecting it by playing TW. After that is covered then they play TW. They are veterans who know how to play, and it takes them a minimum of time to keep their accounts and defend themselves, but don't always have time to participate in actions against an enemy. Should we be attacked by a threat that could actually endanger our position, you would see all these player active again.

And then there are some guys who have left. When Drew left, his 2 mil big account went barbarian. We hope he is ok and healthy as he never let us know what happened and we are a bit worried something actually happened to him. Still - all his villages were full of army and he had a lot of villages. We didn't started actively nobling his villages as they are no threat to us. We're nobling them slowly, but all this 'cleaning up' takes our nobles away, and prevents us from organising a real war.

Good effort of Endemonadia
We are quite pleased that Dust have a leader who seems to have a good head on his shoulder. Fighting someone pathetic like COAL is not so much fun - it's rather a mundane task we have to undertake in order to eliminate a potential enemy within our midsts.
What I read and heard about Ende is good so far and it will give us a pleasure to have a more decent opponent at battlefield.

We play this game to fight each other, not to be nice to everyone. And players like Ende and his gang provide the opportunity for fight and fun, and we are indebted to them for this service.

Thanks for setting the record straight mLions. You're definately right about inactivity affecting this war. We all know you are more affected than Dust or LS by inactivity and I can only assume that if it were the same as ours, Coal would be losing territory a lot faster and we'd see a lot more from you guys.

As I said at the start of this war, I had and still have a lot of respect for HRV because of what they've done previously and your current position on this world. I think now will be your toughest test with inactivity kicking in, but we're enjoying fighting you guys anyway and we can only hope that this war will get more interesting for both sides.

DeletedUser

And plan the stacking correctly. While it's true that ODD is not a measure of "operational skill", it gets closer to tactical and strategic skill...which is far more important at this stage of the game. It's a more valuable stat on a tribal level though.

Besides, by your logic, is ODA an indication of skill? It doesn't require skill to attack villages with troops in them (I'd argue it takes more skill to find and noble a less defended village), and the stat is heavily influenced by the role a person has within the tribe, e.g. delivering frontline offense.

They're all just stats. In large groups of data, they say something about skill, but in individual cases they can be off by a lot.
I could argue for both sides, but I really don't think ODD shows the level of skill. Now you for example, I know you are a skilled player and know how to defend yourself, but in the CND war we set up a bulletproof village that you took and you gained millions of ODD in days. That doesn't mean it takes skill, we just put more defensive troops in it than CND could kill. Now can ODD show skill? Yes. Does it always? No.

The same goes for ODA, but only ODD was being discussed at the time so I didn't bring it up.

I still haven't figured out how to quote multiple posts into one post, but Ende said something along the lines of "Ironically we are soon to pass =HRV= in ODD".

Two things are wrong with that statement. Number one, for those who remember, =HRV= was disbanded before and reformed, but while they remained the same tribe, all of the stats accumulated to that point were lost. Number two, its not ironic, its expected. =HRV= has more villages and thus more troops to attack with, meaning more are killed, because Dust can't match the number of nukes. Add to that that ~LS~ is also attacking as well.

@mLions - Its good to see you back posting on the forums. I've missed your organization and obvious thought that goes into what you type. As for who would stay inside to play a game during the summer, that would be us nutjobs arguing on the forums :lol:

MichielK

complain... please show where ive complained? U guys keep assuming we r compklaining about the war

No, we don't. I said you complained about PnP, not war. It's the post above yours, for heavens sake!

You do this every damn time: you read something you don't like, then decide to complain about something completely different that you made up in an effort to divert attention...and when we call you out on it, suddenly it's big bad W16 picking on poor little you.

That's why "us guys" (and girls?) don't like your presence on the forum. It's not because you're on the rim, or in a family, or fighting HRV and LS...it's because you use childish methods to divert discussions.

MichielK

I could argue for both sides, but I really don't think ODD shows the level of skill. Now you for example, I know you are a skilled player and know how to defend yourself, but in the CND war we set up a bulletproof village that you took and you gained millions of ODD in days. That doesn't mean it takes skill, we just put more defensive troops in it than CND could kill. Now can ODD show skill? Yes. Does it always? No.

And that was exactly the point I made. On average, players with high OD will be more skilled than players with low OD, but it doesn't mean it's true for every single player...only for the aggregate.

It's similar to the issue of "men are on average better athletes than women". While this statement is true (world records in pretty much every sport confirm it), it does not mean that I could beat Serena Williams at tennis simply because I'm male and she's not :icon_wink:

Two things are wrong with that statement. Number one, for those who remember, =HRV= was disbanded before and reformed, but while they remained the same tribe, all of the stats accumulated to that point were lost.

That is an excellent point, and often overlooked.

@mLions - Its good to see you back posting on the forums. I've missed your organization and obvious thought that goes into what you type. As for who would stay inside to play a game during the summer, that would be us nutjobs arguing on the forums :lol:

I live 100 miles from the nearest beach and hate the heat, plus I have to work during the day. I'm more active on TW during the summer than at any other time of the year LOL

DeletedUser

Michiel imho u have totally missed the point yet again of what ive ever said and u only like to post to throw abuse, albeit written in beautifully crafted and concise English... So when some of us rare-posters refer to forumwhores everyone knows who we mean... I think ive always kept things on-topic and not diverted from the issues at hand... we are the same as any other tribe who prefer to focus on data/stats which impress them... weve never lied or badmouthed anyone here and yet we have been treated very badly when we show our face, thats simply the truth whether u like it or not (ive had enough ingame mails commenting on this from many tribes and players in W16 who actually dont like what theyve seen written here but r too nervous to post incase they receive similair treatment)

And yes i very often punctuate my postings with a comment about how anything Dust says will be just torn to pieces and thats simply because thats all anyone has ever done...

On the flipside of this its great to finally see a fair and honest poster like mlions join in because after reading his post its the most honest and observant comments ive seen from anyone on the SE situation, many thanks for that. If the discussion continues to take this vein from everyone then im sure itll actually be worth joining in on the forums and maybe ill lift the Dust ban on posting here...

DeletedUser

Michiel imho u have totally missed the point yet again of what ive ever said and u only like to post to throw abuse, albeit written in beautifully crafted and concise English... So when some of us rare-posters refer to forumwhores everyone knows who we mean... I think ive always kept things on-topic and not diverted from the issues at hand... we are the same as any other tribe who prefer to focus on data/stats which impress them... weve never lied or badmouthed anyone here and yet we have been treated very badly when we show our face, thats simply the truth whether u like it or not (ive had enough ingame mails commenting on this from many tribes and players in W16 who actually dont like what theyve seen written here but r too nervous to post incase they receive similair treatment)

And yes i very often punctuate my postings with a comment about how anything Dust says will be just torn to pieces and thats simply because thats all anyone has ever done...

On the flipside of this its great to finally see a fair and honest poster like mlions join in because after reading his post its the most honest and observant comments ive seen from anyone on the SE situation, many thanks for that. If the discussion continues to take this vein from everyone then im sure itll actually be worth joining in on the forums and maybe ill lift the Dust ban on posting here...
You are calling MK the forumwhore? Its stupid, loud-mouth comments like that that make people here on the forums treat you so badly.

And mLions basically has said the same things that we've been saying this whole time. I said from the beginning that =HRV= didn't really see this as a war and weren't giving it their full attention. Aside from this fourth paragraph, how is what he said any different than what I've been saying?

DeletedUser

I forgot to post this earlier. Just a question for mLions or anyone from =HRV=.

You said that you are coming South either way..Let me therefore give you a scenario:

Lets say that HRV and LS beat Dust and take complete control of the south east (just an example). What then for =HRV=? Where do you guys actually go? I'm pretty certain I read somewhere that you guys are allied to C2 (may not be correct). I know you're allied with ~LS~, so that surely only leaves you to grow towards the north cos east and south are the rims. That means that you'll have to go to war with either BANG (I think you're allied to them as well, not sure tho), Plight, MK or Ni. You've simply got no choice in the matter unless you decide to go after C2. Yes, this is all a long way down the line, but surely you must be wary that one of those tribes have realised this and will declare on you? Maybe they won't declare on you, but my original point is that you can't actually get out of a war with a big tribe, so which route do you choose if this scenario becomes true?

DeletedUser

I think it would be pretty funny if they went after Bang or Ni, seeing as they share no border whatsoever.

jakeeboy

I forgot to post this earlier. Just a question for mLions or anyone from =HRV=.

You said that you are coming South either way..Let me therefore give you a scenario:

Lets say that HRV and LS beat Dust and take complete control of the south east (just an example). What then for =HRV=? Where do you guys actually go? I'm pretty certain I read somewhere that you guys are allied to C2 (may not be correct). I know you're allied with ~LS~, so that surely only leaves you to grow towards the north cos east and south are the rims. That means that you'll have to go to war with either BANG (I think you're allied to them as well, not sure tho), Plight, MK or Ni. You've simply got no choice in the matter unless you decide to go after C2. Yes, this is all a long way down the line, but surely you must be wary that one of those tribes have realised this and will declare on you? Maybe they won't declare on you, but my original point is that you can't actually get out of a war with a big tribe, so which route do you choose if this scenario becomes true?

Do you have any idea how long it will take to clean up all your villages + Coal+ -SA-? (not to mention some of the biggest guys in TW going inactive, Drewguy) Could be 6 months?
But by that time something will have happened, right.
Also why leave possible threats in their territory?
(Scenario)If Plight attacked HRV their would be many tribes (-SA-, Coal and you guys) in their territory that could prove problems if they were to attack. So why not eliminate you now instead of later when your a serious threat.

DeletedUser

Do you have any idea how long it will take to clean up all your villages + Coal+ -SA-? (not to mention some of the biggest guys in TW going inactive, Drewguy) Could be 6 months?
But by that time something will have happened, right.
Also why leave possible threats in their territory?
(Scenario)If Plight attacked HRV their would be many tribes (-SA-, Coal and you guys) in their territory that could prove problems if they were to attack. So why not eliminate you now instead of later when your a serious threat.

I did say that this is a long way down the line...have a look at my post again. My point wasn't that they should leave us at all...in fact, if I was them, I would be wiping us out cos it seems like the right idea. My point was though that HRV will have to fight someone big and some tribes to the north and west should have realised that they may well be next. Therefore, are HRV not wary of this possible threat seeing as they will become a threat (immediate) if they take complete control of the south east?

Adam, I'll be honest I actually forgot that those two tribe weren't right next to each other, but in saying that, they are only 1 continent away from each other and let's say they take the south east in 6 months (just a scenario), you would expect them to be even closer to those tribes in the north by that time, so there's no reason why they shouldn't declare on them.

I didn't mean to take the attention away from Dust at all, I was just interested to know what HRV's thoughts on this matter are.

DeletedUser

Stop it with the (Just a scenario) things!! lol. :icon_wink:

But surely this would be the best chance for a tribe like C2, Plight, BANG!?, TKR, someone like that to declare war on =HRV=! Because there are some tribes that if they dont do it now, they wont even have a chance against =HRV= as they ill be too strong!

DeletedUser

Stop it with the (Just a scenario) things!! lol. :icon_wink:

But surely this would be the best chance for a tribe like C2, Plight, BANG!?, TKR, someone like that to declare war on =HRV=! Because there are some tribes that if they dont do it now, they wont even have a chance against =HRV= as they ill be too strong!

C(insert symbol) will still have more villages than =hrv= even if =hrv= managed to defeat Dust and take every single village.

MichielK

Michiel imho u have totally missed the point yet again of what ive ever said and u only like to post to throw abuse, albeit written in beautifully crafted and concise English...

Yes, a quick stroll around the forums will reveal that abuse is the only thing I post, as opposed to...say...spending time to find a way to predict when we'll have X players left in the world, complimenting well-written/illustrated PnP regardless of the source, etc.

Considering the last forum poll had me as most popular by a wide margin, I imagine most people can form an objective opinion about me (heck, that's what I pay them for!).

Thanks for the compliment on my English though :)

So when some of us rare-posters refer to forumwhores everyone knows who we mean...

Really?

MichielK: 1.08 posts per day
Endemonadia: 0.96 posts per day

1 post difference every 8 days is pretty subtle...

I think ive always kept things on-topic and not diverted from the issues at hand...

True, you're no Jimmy or HB who drags every thread off-topic. What you do is make posts and then refuse to discuss them. You spin every comment that isn't 100% positive into a session of Dust-bashing, even when it's obviously not true.

For example, you complained about being treated badly on the forums. I reply that it's a bit odd to go to the PnP forums and complain about seeing PnP. You then complain that everyone says you're complaining about being attacked. Not only did I not make that comment, but you completely ignored what I actually said.

It's not as bad as spewing personal insults at everyone like some people do, but it is a very annoying habit and dampens the possibility of discussing every aspect of a topic instead of just the aspects you like.

we are the same as any other tribe who prefer to focus on data/stats which impress them... weve never lied or badmouthed anyone here and yet we have been treated very badly when we show our face, thats simply the truth whether u like it or not (ive had enough ingame mails commenting on this from many tribes and players in W16 who actually dont like what theyve seen written here but r too nervous to post incase they receive similair treatment)

I find it extremely hard to believe that people are not posting on the forums out of fear of someone disagreeing with them...but just in case: I don't bite! :icon_biggrin:

That's highly selective reading on your part. My first post ever about Dust was predominantly positive (this was pre-HRV/LS too), but I also commented that Dust would be a better tribe if they folded the best players into one tribe and ate everyone else. You pounded on me for being a Dust-basher :icon_rolleyes:

On the flipside of this its great to finally see a fair and honest poster like mlions join in because after reading his post its the most honest and observant comments ive seen from anyone on the SE situation, many thanks for that.

Well, that I'll agree with: It's good to see mlions back.

Now, if you think this post is "once again" bashing Dust or bashing you, you need to reread it. I did not write abuse, I did not play the victim role, I did not attack anyone, and I didn't even complain about Michiel-bashing :icon_wink: This is what all my posts look like: too long, comprehensive and ultimately fair.