A Requiem For The Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Denizens and dudettes of en39, I am Full Circle and I'm here to represent Random one final time.

To cut a long (albeit hilariously entertaining story) short enough that my laptop battery doesn't run out in the telling of it, I'll get to the point. Random will be leaving World 39. Why you may ask ? The answer is self explanatory.

This world no longer offers the winsome entertainment it used to for a very long time. World 39 started off as one of the most talent packed server I've ever seen and it did not disappoint.

Some of the most intense and brutal battle of both troops and wits that either me or the rest of the group have had the pleasure of being part of took place in the early days of this server. For that I'd like to thank our erst while enemies ID, but more so my own tribemates who proved the better team [hey face it, the one thing better than fighting an awesome war is winning an awesome war :icon_wink:]

Later on, the environment just fizzled out.
I'd like to think that we've walked roughshod over anyone in our path and were hands down the best tribe here, but for a while now our hearts haven't really been in it. We honestly don't feel that the time and energy expenditure needed to log in, noble, farm, co-ordinate, etc is justified by the entertainment value we get back from playing this world.
Most of us will be deleting our accounts in sync.

Some of us will remain, i'll accommodate their plans as best I can.
I personally will not remain, either here or in tw.net for a while.
A variety of situational factors have eroded my love of this language server.

I'm sure theres a long list of thank yours and fare thee wells to be drawn here but chances are you know who you are and whether we were in good terms or not, so take care of yourself whoever and wherever you be.

I'm nowhere near articulate enough to express the kind of solidarity that binds the crew members within Random.
The crew will by no means break up, we still have a long road to litter with bodies. The section of that road which involves en39 is basically over tho.

I understand that plans for a new tribe is in the pipeline, so perhaps some of us will butt heads again in the future.

For now, so long and take care. Have fun with the server.
Oh and you can unlock your daughters now, Random's finally left town :icon_razz:

- Pervis

DeletedUser

it was fun :)

This is a song called the history of Random
And its not just a list of things that we've done in the past,
Its a chronicling of our rise
TO POWER!
We ride with kings on mighty steeds across the devil's plain

We've run with wolves
We've climbed K2, even stopped a moving train
We've traveled through space and time my friends to rock this game again Rock!

We ride and we ride and we'll never subside
We'll ride till the planets collide
And if you say that we do not ride,
I'll tan your hide
RIDE!

Pervs' nobles be silver
Dev's nukes then be gold
But lest you think we're vain!
We know you're all robots and we don't care
Randomites- we reign!

We reign supreme
Burrito supreme, and a chicken supreme, and a cutlass supreme
Supreme yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gonna count 1,2,3
Supreme
Gonna count 1,2,3
Supreme
Gonna count 1,2,3
Burrito supreme, and a chicken supreme and a cutlass supreme
SUPREME!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Its peanut butter jelly time.... peanut butter jelly time.....

DeletedUser

I don't want to burst your bubble Pervis, but I wouldn't call defeating ID any form of accomplishment or worthy of any accolades. ID had potential, and that was all. I really wouldn't call what happened a war when just prior to your attacks the entire leadership quit for varying reasons and our best player wasn't even trying anymore. You did an admirable job of mopping up disorganized and disoriented tribe.

Now I think you guys have some amazing talent and wouldn't dare call you bunch overrated, however, I can't understand how a tribe grows bored when they hadn't fought anyone of real challenge.

I feel you fall under the category of many other would-be-great-tribes. You come in and do a great job early on. Which I feel can be done with any group of experienced and highly active players. The reason why I can't and will never call this group a great tribe is that use the reasoning of boredom to leave a world only to start the same redundant cycle all over again on another world. Greatness is achieved by longevity, which Random has certainly not attained.

I would have liked to see Random take on a number of the top 10 tribes in their area before making their departure. Now instead of leaving with a bang like you started, you have left with but a whisper.

I too am now growing bored of this reply I have created. It was fun in the beginning and felt like it was leading somewhere big and excited, but now it is just a jumbled fading memory of what it once was....wow, looks like we have something in common :icon_smile:

On a serious note, I respect your skills as a whole and wish you the best in your endeavors in whichever world you end up in. Just try to hang around a bit longer next time. It makes for a better story and it's way more entertaining!

balaclava

Bye Random, was nice playing alongside you. :)

Gluck in the future.

DeletedUser

Although, ive not had the pleasure of ever speaking to you Pervis.
I have had the pleasure of meeting a few Random players...

They are a great bunch of guys and real good solid players, especially my mentor - RaoulDuke. (Petar is a dude.)

I wish you luck in your next world.
W39 wont be the same without you guys.

All the best.

Jaigosian.
of
Virtus.

DeletedUser

I don't want to burst your bubble Pervis, but I wouldn't call defeating ID any form of accomplishment or worthy of any accolades. ID had potential, and that was all. I really wouldn't call what happened a war when just prior to your attacks the entire leadership quit for varying reasons and our best player wasn't even trying anymore. You did an admirable job of mopping up disorganized and disoriented tribe.

Now I think you guys have some amazing talent and wouldn't dare call you bunch overrated, however, I can't understand how a tribe grows bored when they hadn't fought anyone of real challenge.

I feel you fall under the category of many other would-be-great-tribes. You come in and do a great job early on. Which I feel can be done with any group of experienced and highly active players. The reason why I can't and will never call this group a great tribe is that use the reasoning of boredom to leave a world only to start the same redundant cycle all over again on another world. Greatness is achieved by longevity, which Random has certainly not attained.

I would have liked to see Random take on a number of the top 10 tribes in their area before making their departure. Now instead of leaving with a bang like you started, you have left with but a whisper.

I too am now growing bored of this reply I have created. It was fun in the beginning and felt like it was leading somewhere big and excited, but now it is just a jumbled fading memory of what it once was....wow, looks like we have something in common :icon_smile:

On a serious note, I respect your skills as a whole and wish you the best in your endeavors in whichever world you end up in. Just try to hang around a bit longer next time. It makes for a better story and it's way more entertaining!

your point of view wouldn't be coloured by your own personal experiences with Random would it ?

besides which, i never called us great tribe.
Thats not a qualifier i like using for any tribe im part of, its too vain.
Its a personality based set up with minimum regard for ingame results.

I did not say we were bored with the server because we had no challenge left. I said we were bored of playing and didn't feel like logging in anymore.

But lets meet up once more sometime somewhere. We will win again. Guaranteed.

DeletedUser

your point of view wouldnt be coloured by your own personal experiences with Random would it ?

besides which, i never called us great tribe.
Thats not a qualifier i like using for any tribe im part of, its too vain.

But lets meet up again sometime somewhere. We'll win again. Guarenteed.

C'mom, my view skewed? Just because I was on the losing end of a battle doesn't mean I can't be objective. I respect everyone's skills in Random. I just don't think you accomplished much in this world. I'd hardly say defeating ID was any great feat. I've even applauded you for your quickness and efficiency during the war, but I wouldn't claim a wounded bear as trophy prize to mount above my fireplace.

We'll never truly know how the conflict would've turned out if things didn't go to poo for ID. Let me say this, a win is a win and Randon won. But all you did was noble off our least active members or ones who quit trying bc they felt that there was no hope b/c the leadership left. The most active ones became Dr.Evil, which you did not have much luck with attacking and eventually left alone.

Again I wish you best of luck in future worlds. If we cross paths again and I fall to you, then my hat will go off to your efforts.

Don't take ones view of things to be distorted b/c you feel they are sore losers. Just because the one who wins the war gets to write it's history doesn't always make it 100% accurate.

DeletedUser

Take care guys, was pleasure meeting all of you.
I don't know what I'll do myself.
it was fun :)
You have never written me one. :icon_cry:

I did not say we were bored with the server because we had no challenge left. I said we were bored of playing and didn't feel like logging in anymore.

Lazy :icon_redface: And I didn't feel like attacking anyone
Troops sitting home for decades now :icon_eek:

Ps. Ain't I a lucky nublet? :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Whole Bunch of some about mass deleting...

For now, so long and take care. Have fun with the server.
Oh and you can unlock your daughters now, Random's finally left town :icon_razz:

- Pervis

It was fun when we started, after taking a week off and not playing I couldn't come back. And I don't think anyone had to worry about their daughters with Random it was more like their sons. And who posted in my Random Grimace Forum Account? :icon_eek:

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
C'mom, my view skewed? Just because I was on the losing end of a battle doesn't mean I can't be objective. I respect everyone's skills in Random. I just don't think you accomplished much in this world. I'd hardly say defeating ID was any great feat. I've even applauded you for your quickness and efficiency during the war, but I wouldn't claim a wounded bear as trophy prize to mount above my fireplace.

We'll never truly know how the conflict would've turned out if things didn't go to poo for ID. Let me say this, a win is a win and Randon won. But all you did was noble off our least active members or ones who quit trying bc they felt that there was no hope b/c the leadership left. The most active ones became Dr.Evil, which you did not have much luck with attacking and eventually left alone.

Again I wish you best of luck in future worlds. If we cross paths again and I fall to you, then my hat will go off to your efforts.

Don't take ones view of things to be distorted b/c you feel they are sore losers. Just because the one who wins the war gets to write it's history doesn't always make it 100% accurate.

I'm not sure who you are disagreeing with to be honest . If Pervis had said we are leaving because we are all too good for this world because we are uber awesome your argument would make sense , but he didn't.
He clearly said we are leaving because it lacks the entertainment value it once had and we are bored.
Personally the world was too slow for my liking but it was fun at the start because we played with an awesome bunch of people and had great laughs along the way .
Being in Random is an experience and an honour and I'm privileged to have played with you all.

We be worldhoppers and proud :icon_wink:

Bye Bye world 39 ... :)

<3

DeletedUser51390

I have one major disagreement with your post. it was simz who said it best yesterday so ill jsut paste his quote.

in my eyes success is not measured by longevity, but by what you accomplish within that time.

Is the oldest man in the world the most successful cos he lived longer?

And on that note. GReat work team random it was fun playing with you all. I for one am not leaving this server. I plan to make it my final resting grounds as ive said for a long time now

DeletedUser72662

Loved playing alongside you all, felt that we accomplished what we set out to do: have fun. While the fun lasted it was great, but it became too much of a chore. Love ya'll :)
Master, remember to alert me in the future of new worlds you guys will be playing on...not now of course, but much later on. I'll miss playing alongside you guys, I just gotta take it easy for awhile :(

Michael Corleone.

Was a blast playing with you all, got to make some good friends and had loads of fun. Hope to play with most/all of you again. Not to mention, learned quite a lot in my time in Random.

Peace out 39.

Status
Not open for further replies.