The LFKD Alliance stance on Refugees

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

It has come to the attention of myself and the other LFKD Diplomats in recent days that the rest of the world is either ignorant of our stance on refugees or is simply choosing to ignore it because it has never been 'officially' stated anywhere.

That is about to change.

Here follows the official LFKD Alliance stance on refugees:

I you are member of a tribe with which we are currently at war and you leave your tribe for any reason you are considered by the LFKD Alliance to be a refugee. Whether or not you currently have incoming attacks or, indeed, have ever had incoming attacks is immaterial to us. You are at war with us therefore you are on our list of players to be rimmed, it is just a matter of getting around to you on our list of priorities.

Now, having said that we are actually a quite reasonable bunch (despite rumours to the contrary) and are often willing to let a player leave if they are not under attack, haven't been under attack and haven't participated in attacks upon our members. Indeed, even then we are often willing, at the discretion of our local members and with some concessions from the fleeing player, to let people go. But, and this is the important part, only if you contact myself or another LFKD Diplomat first. Your best bet is to contact the Diplomat of the tribe with which you have been engaged in the most hostile action as it is their members who will likely have the most to say about your desire to flee.

I hope this makes our stance very clear to everyone, if not then feel free to ask questions here and I will do my utmost to answer them.

DeletedUser

It has come to the attention of myself and the other LFKD Diplomats in recent days that the rest of the world is either ignorant of our stance on refugees or is simply choosing to ignore it because it has never been 'officially' stated anywhere.

That is about to change.

Here follows the official LFKD Alliance stance on refugees:

I you are member of a tribe with which we are currently at war and you leave your tribe for any reason you are considered by the LFKD Alliance to be a refugee. Whether or not you currently have incoming attacks or, indeed, have ever had incoming attacks is immaterial to us. You are at war with us therefore you are on our list of players to be rimmed, it is just a matter of getting around to you on our list of priorities.

Now, having said that we are actually a quite reasonable bunch (despite rumours to the contrary) and are often willing to let a player leave if they are not under attack, haven't been under attack and haven't participated in attacks upon our members. Indeed, even then we are often willing, at the discretion of our local members and with some concessions from the fleeing player, to let people go. But, and this is the important part, only if you contact myself or another LFKD Diplomat first. Your best bet is to contact the Diplomat of the tribe with which you have been engaged in the most hostile action as it is their members who will likely have the most to say about your desire to flee.

I hope this makes our stance very clear to everyone, if not then feel free to ask questions here and I will do my utmost to answer them.

Nice:D

DeletedUser

Perhaps we should borrow that for w2 huh vic? :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

... I would filter out the "LFKD" then as otherwise you'll make yourself look like an ape. Now I'm talking about that "LFKD", I might aswell point out it is a nice link to all four tribes. Good job, jayce.

DeletedUser

So, if you are doing anything at all, contact a member of LFKD, because as we all know the whole world revolves around them.:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

So, if you are doing anything at all, contact a member of LFKD, because as we all know the whole world revolves around them.:icon_biggrin:

Wow posting a public annoucement to make the situation clear to anyone that is concern on this fairly important matter makes us self centred evil monkeys now-a-days. jez people need to use their brain more when they try to make us look bad :icon_confused:

what do you want us to do? Got a better idea than posting this, please enlighten me.

DeletedUser

hmmm

this wont help much...if you count everyone playing W5 almost no one reads forum lol

so this means they will still anoy ... but posting that doesnt hurt anyway

DeletedUser

The problem is not that people are unaware of your rules, it is just that each tribe also has its own rules. Each tribe establishes its own ROE, and the problem is that they don't often agree with each other. Then might makes right in deciding whose ROE is followed.

In those cases the only thing that really solves the problem are some :axemen: , :lightcavalry: , and :snob: :snob: :snob: :snob: .

DeletedUser

And as you are well aware we here in the LFKD Alliance have proved time and again that we are more than adept at resolving situations in such a manner. As a Diplomat, however, I do like to at least try talking things through first.

Pkface80

No offence Jayce but this was the most pointless and boring thread in the TW history.

DeletedUser

No offence Jayce but this was the most pointless and boring thread in the TW history.

As a =DK= member I would expect nothing less than such a pointless response from you.

Numerous tribes want to take in refugees from our various wars because we keep annihilating tribes and forcing them to disband. (Oh noes! We're so evil!!1!!11!!ELEVEN!) Whilst we don't have a general problem with this there have been numerous complications recently what with BIAR1 and GoD falling down horribly and many of their members trying to escape. As such it was deemed necessary to let World 5 at large know what our policy on refugees is. Don't agree with it? Tough.

Pkface80

As a =DK= member I would expect nothing less than such a pointless response from you.

Numerous tribes want to take in refugees from our various wars because we keep annihilating tribes and forcing them to disband. (Oh noes! We're so evil!!1!!11!!ELEVEN!) Whilst we don't have a general problem with this there have been numerous complications recently what with BIAR1 and GoD falling down horribly and many of their members trying to escape. As such it was deemed necessary to let World 5 at large know what our policy on refugees is. Don't agree with it? Tough.

I believe 99% of all tribes have the same opinion about refugees as you have. So why make a thread about a subject that is already known by everyone?

And what has my tribe to do with anything? What is wrong with =DK= other than we are kicking DFB ass?

DeletedUser

Jayce means that the =DK= P&P'ers seem to be hammering LFKD statements just for the heck of it, not for a real reason. I think most of you will agree with this stance, but for some reason people "forget" about it when they can benefit from taking in refugees. On a sidenote, the only benefit refugees give you is a temporary increase in points, the downsides (meaning loosing them anyways, a propably worsened relation with certain tribes and maybe even being put in a bad daylight on the public forum) far outwheight the temporary benefit.

PS: You say you are "kicking DFB ass". Interesting, as like Crashem said, you aren't taking actions against specific tribes, but against players - regardless what tribe their in - that have (trying to) hurt =DK= in the past, so technically (and if we take Crashem's words as the truth - somehow I doubt we should though) you are only "kicking individual player's asses" and not DFB.

bongofury

Thank god for that, i thought it was just my imagination, but now you have confirmed it.:icon_wink:

DeletedUser6342

Of course all tribes have this policy on refugees, the problem is that most do not or cannot enforce it. Jayce just would like to see thing resolved without bringing undo hardship upon the tribes that accept them. If they then wish to persist in such a course of action, it is at their discretion.

Pkface80

Jayce means that the =DK= P&P'ers seem to be hammering LFKD statements just for the heck of it, not for a real reason. I think most of you will agree with this stance, but for some reason people "forget" about it when they can benefit from taking in refugees. On a sidenote, the only benefit refugees give you is a temporary increase in points, the downsides (meaning loosing them anyways, a propably worsened relation with certain tribes and maybe even being put in a bad daylight on the public forum) far outwheight the temporary benefit.

PS: You say you are "kicking DFB ass". Interesting, as like Crashem said, you aren't taking actions against specific tribes, but against players - regardless what tribe their in - that have (trying to) hurt =DK= in the past, so technically (and if we take Crashem's words as the truth - somehow I doubt we should though) you are only "kicking individual player's asses" and not DFB.

Well, we are not hammering LFKD posts. I would have said the same no matter who started such a thread. And yes it is true we are only attacking individual players. And those players happens to be from DFB. It is impossible to only attack individual players in a big cluster of DFB players, so it is natural we need to attack them all to be succesful.

DeletedUser

Crashem was talking about "other tribes aswell" and "only those that attacked us", that is the opposite of what you say.

Just admit you are trying to get DFB entirely out of your K and thus are in an official war with them.

Why does no one dare to say it the way it is?

Pkface80

Dare? lol, I promise you we would dare to say if we had in mind a full scale war with DFB. But we got nothing against DFB as a tribe. But those players had taken vills from us and now we are taking them back with interest.
But i suppose DFB thinks we are at war so what does it matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.