The controversial thread

Wallam

As I mentioned, one of the best ways to increase forum activity is to post something controversial.

This thread was made to have a two fold effect:

1) It will hopefully increase forum activity greatly.

2) Its just so satisifying to have a rant about something.

I will start and post a topic that we shall discuss, it doesnt matter what side you are on, hopefully there will be a balance of people to argue with each other otherwise some people may have to play devils advocate. When that topic is exhausted, someone else posts a new controversial topic and the thread goes on.

Simples.

To start:

"The war in Iraq was a good idea, from an American and British perspective".

I will add my views later and take the side of whatever has less votes to provide an argument.

DeletedUser

I don't believe in war.

I think everyone should just follow RASP's example and give everyone hugs.

(I'm just trying to relate this to the game, don't mind me)

But really, I don't even know what this war is about, as with much of the American population as far as I can tell.

I don't want to know battle plans or anything like that but I would like to know what's going on and why we're even over there. (I don't watch that kind of television, so I don't even know the media version)

DeletedUser

The states got their oil... so it's quiet good for them...

and well, Saddam wasn't such a nice guy either..
So it might be good for both sides.

DeletedUser

seeing as im joinning the army or mainres in a few months im going to argee with the war look what we did for the people over there

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The states got their oil... so it's quiet good for them...

and well, Saddam wasn't such a nice guy either..
So it might be good for both sides.

Wasn't Saddam killed by raging wild boars? (reference to something xD)

DeletedUser

seeing as im joinning the army or mainres in a few months im going to argee with the war look what we did for the people over there

No shit? Hopefully I'm gonna go to West Point, maybe Annapolis. That means when I'm done I'll be an officer.

I do think we did good for the people over there... However some parts of the war are unnecessary. I do hope it will be over soon- particularly Iraq- but Afghanistan may take a while

DeletedUser

Chan, what division would you go into? Armor, air, artillery, infantry... etc

DeletedUser

I've always loved the thought of joining the military and serving my people :)
But, I don't know how old you have to be?
I would also like to go to West Point and become an officer.

I've always had a thing for startegy. Though I know it's not a game out there. It's real guns, real lives, real everything.
I know I'm not Chan but personally, I'd would go into infantry.

Wallam

[23:22:17] Wallam says: tupac vs biggie? tupac EVERY time
[23:22:24] chanman20 says: nope biggie
[23:22:56] chanman20 says: ok lets take this to the forums

Sounds like a better debate.

Tupac was clearly a more influential rapper. Biggie grew from Tupac since they used to be friends before the East vs West divide. Whatever caused the divide and they both acted wrong, Tupac is still the more talented and better artist and as such is better than biggie.

West Side!

Last edited:

DeletedUser

maybe Annapolis

D00D

You'd be like an hour or two away from me. I could stalk you.

[23:22:17] Wallam says: tupac vs biggie? tupac EVERY time
[23:22:24] chanman20 says: nope biggie
[23:22:56] chanman20 says: ok lets take this to the forums

Sounds like a better debate.

Tupac was clearly a more influetial rapper. Biggie grew from Tupac since they used to be friends before the East vs West divide. Whatever caused the divide and they both acted wrong, Tupac is still the more talented and better artist and as such is better than biggie.

West Side!

THEY ALL SUCK

[/debate]

DeletedUser

No shit? Hopefully I'm gonna go to West Point, maybe Annapolis. That means when I'm done I'll be an officer.

I do think we did good for the people over there... However some parts of the war are unnecessary. I do hope it will be over soon- particularly Iraq- but Afghanistan may take a while

im thinking infantry but hey i could go to annapolis if i wanted to they already told me they would from when i was in young marines but im not really the officer type lol

DeletedUser

im thinking infantry but hey i could go to annapolis if i wanted to they already told me they would from when i was in young marines but im not really the officer type lol

Are you sure you were offered admission? The process is a little more arduous than doing young marines

Klouwe

*1) the war was only initiated for their own benefits (=oil). If America really wants to help and make this world better, then why don't they go to Africa? Oh, yeah, there is no oil over there :p

*2) Never heared of biggie, so I go for tupac :)

DeletedUser

1. Boom! Boom! booM! that is what iraq is experiencing now!
2. i have no idea.. sorry! :)

DeletedUser

*1) the war was only initiated for their own benefits (=oil). If America really wants to help and make this world better, then why don't they go to Africa? Oh, yeah, there is no oil over there :p

*2) Never heared of biggie, so I go for tupac :)
Many donations and mercs are helping Africa right now. I don't see why we would have to bother them?

DeletedUser

Are you sure you were offered admission? The process is a little more arduous than doing young marines

i went there 4 times and talked to the person who runs it and with my grades he told me i could get in no problem and with young marines and a good word from my CO who was Colonel he said i would get in