W5's Music Archive

DeletedUser

'Sup guys. I had an idea... Hold onto your hats though, these occurences are rare. Hear me out, and THEN you can flame me into the next century.

Music, my dear fellows, is a fantastic subject of conversation. Everyone loves music, and everyone loves activity. Combine the two and what do you get? Well, hopefully a fun and long-lived topic for us World 5 nubs to regulate. Also it's a great way to experience new music from genres you're already familiar with, and some genres you're not so familiar with. Better yet, a look into musical tastes could help us to better know each other and make some new friends. It's all-around win! =D
What I'm going to do is take the music that you post here and archive it in the next couple of posts. It will be split into genres, listed alphabetically by band, and have a link to a Youtube video playing the song (If applicable). If possible, could you provide this information yourself to make things easier? Preferably post it in this format:

Song: Livin' on a Prayer
Band: Bon Jovi
Genre: Rock

Of course, discussion is encouraged however flaming is not. Posts like "omg u suk coz u listn 2 rap/metal/country/theagonisingscreamsofkittensinablender" are bad. Very bad. And they'll make Kusty cry ='(
Ok, so! Sososo! Have fun, peeps... Because that's what this is all about ;D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Rock

Song: Livin' on a Prayer
Band: Bon Jovi

Song: Love Song
Band: Jack Off Jill

Song: Out of This World
Band: The Cure

Metal

Song: Like Fire
Band: Bloodbath
Genre: Death Metal

Song: Oceans of Regret
Band: Cain's Offering
Genre: Symphonic Power Metal

Song: Wickedness Act
Band: Celesty
Genre: Symphonic Power Metal

Song: Red Dawn Rising
Band: Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Genre: Symphonic Death Metal

Song: We Who Are About To Die, Enter the Grave
Band: Evile
Genre: Thrash Metal

Song: Broken Days
Band: For my Pain...
Genre: Goth Metal

Song: What a Wonderful World
Band: Ghoul
Genre: Death Metal

Song: Empire of the Gun
Band: God Forbid

Song: The Great Divide
Band: In This Moment
Genre: Melodic Metalcore

Song: All Your Dreams
Band: Inactive Messiah
Genre: Melodic Death Metal

Song: My Twin, Evidence, Deliberation, Follower
Band: Katatonia
Genre: Rock/Metal

Song: Dark Haired Girl
Band: Lilitu
Genre: Metal

Song: Into Night's Requiem Infernal
Band: November's Doom
Genre: Doom Metal

Song: Hate Worldwide
Band: Slayer

Song: Black Diamond
Band: Stratovarius
Genre: Power Metal/Hard Rock

Song: Johnny
Band: System of a Down
Genre: Nu-Metal

Electronic

Song: We are the People
Band: Empire of the Sun
Genre: Electronic

Dubstep

Song: The branch is weak
Band: Shackleton
Genre: Dubstep

DeletedUser

I are archive post.
This is serious thread.

DeletedUser

'Sup guys. I had an idea... Hold onto your hats though, these occurences are rare. Hear me out, and THEN you can flame me into the next century.

You're the only PnP'er that fails so badly that he has to resort to using failed music videos to send the fail message....

p.s. if that only got you flamed back a decade or so i can stop back in tomorrow to add some more.

DUMBUMCLUM

From Katatonia I'd also suggest Evidence, Deliberation, and Follower. For bands... similar ones would just be Opeth. There aren't many other good bands that sound like them. A couple other unrelated band suggestions though would be My Dying Bride (any song on the lies i sire is excellent), machine head, long distance calling, baroness, lilitu, and novembers doom. Yeah, I was mostly just mentioning lesser known bands to get the word out.

DeletedUser

Changed the format in order to add multiple songs for a single band. Also, it's easier D=

Mentioning lesser known bands is good, man. We've all heard Eye of the Tiger before, after all. It's better to post some diverse stuff here and discover new territory.

I've recently found a love for Symphonic Power Metal, which is pretty much what sparked this topic off. Personally, I think discovering new music and sharing music is one of lifes greatest pleasures =D
Hopefully we'll get more posters here soon =O

DUMBUMCLUM

Yeah exactly. I find it annoying when there's a music thread and all people do is show how they like the exact band that everyone else likes. Getting to know people is about knowing what sets people apart. It doesn't help to get to know a person when all they do is show similarities with others.

Personally, power metal sort of annoys me. In general their singers tend to irritate the hell out of me and by then im not into the music :p

HURRY UP AND POST SOMEONE ELSE

DeletedUser

Agreed with the above, most people will agree when ya post a Pink Floyd , Nirvana, or Metallica

Band: Empire Of The Sun
Song: We Are The People
Genre: Electroacoustic, Alternative
Video: Youtube vid

DeletedUser

xD
I must admit, I tend to look at the instruments rather than the singers. Power Metal vocalists often aim to hit really high notes, and I just like the way that it kind of blends in with the instruments. Though, I do quite like operatic vocalists (Tarja Turunen of Ex-Nightwish, and Heidi Parviainen of Amberian Dawn).
Screaming vocals are win, but they tend to be separate to the music and it just makes most bands that attempt it seem really... Ehh, boring and unoriginal.

DUMBUMCLUM

Rowan gets what i mean :)
Ah. That's where we are different! For me, I'm not a fan of harmonies, so nightwish doesn't appeal to me (although tarja>annette). I'm a pretty big fan of screaming... and death growls <3.. unless they cant do it right.

While I started to type this I was listening to a couple of songs from Empire of the Sun o_O ..... That's some of the trippiest stuff ive ever seen/heard.

While I'm at it... HAIL Bloodbath@@@@@!!!

Band: Bloodbath
Song: Like fire
Genre: Brutal Death Metal
Video: Raaaar

DUMBUMCLUM

Band: Lilitu
Song: Dark Haired Girl
Genre: Hard to say
Video: This

Band: The Cure
Song: Out of this World
Video: Warning, this is intoxicating

Band: Ghoul
Song: What a Wonderful World
Genre: Death metal
Video: Cool cover

Band: Novembers Doom
Song: Into Night's Requiem Infernal
Genre: Doom metal
Video: Paul Kuhr is cool

Band: For my Pain...
Song: Broken Days
Genre: pop metal?
Video: video

Band: Evile
Song: Who we are about to die
Genre: Thrash
Video: RIP Mike

Band: Inactive Messiah
Song: All your dreams
Genre: Melodic Death Metal
Video: video

Band: Jack Off Jill
Song: Love song
Genre: Metal
Video: The Cure Cover

Band: SLAYER!!!
Song: Hate worldwide
Genre: SLAYERRRR...thrash metal
Video: SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

Some good stuff there, DBC :D

Evile! I love their "Enter the Grave". That song is wicked =D
Infact, I'm adding it to teh list.

Will try the rest of the stuff out tomorrow, probably. You have a good taste in metal - And again, thanks for the contributions.
If you're not sure about a band's genre, just take what it says on Wikipedia :lol:

EDIT: Also, if you quote the template then you'll get all the nifty BB-Codes... Which makes my job of adding them to the archive about 300x easier :D

DeletedUser

Imaynotbeinw5anymoreButImightaswellpostanyway

Song: Johnny
Band: System of a Down
Genre: Metal (nu-metal?)
Comment: Just what you need, when things start to make a bit too much sense.

Song: The branch is weak
Band: Shackleton
Genre: Dubstep
Comment: Well, I like the positiveness of it [/sarcasm]

DeletedUser

Imaynotbeinw5anymoreButImightaswellpostanyway

If only w5'ers posted here, this world would be even more dead than it already is... seriously, you'd think it's not possible to be more dead than this, but I assure you, it can and will happen! xD
*wanders off, might be back in a few months*

DeletedUser

If only w5'ers posted here, this world would be even more dead than it already is... seriously, you'd think it's not possible to be more dead than this, but I assure you, it can and will happen! xD
*wanders off, might be back in a few months*

You're here on and off so often, it's not even funny.

Do what ICECO did... Admit your undying love for me and then just move in.

DeletedUser

pfft on the rare occasions that I do stop by to read, I always post, and the only reason I'm on right now is to check for a script, and thought I'd pop in to see the new post (yes, singular) in w5. Apparently there was more than one new post though, as surprising as that is.