Lets Bash SKY

DeletedUser

no, u just built them all up to 12379. SKY's favorite number

We found the root of the problem... a lot of the villages we were taking were built up way too high and some members had not gotten around to demolishing them to an acceptable level. You will notice the average village sizes going down to our normal which is around 9.7 or so.

Thanks for such an insightful post by the way. Your ability to research and verbalize your findings is simply amazing.

DeletedUser

may be a reson for that...maybe severall
altho my dear start flaming me :p
Oh but i wuv you :icon_redface:

But yeah, i think there are several reasons to it.

What does that have to do with whether the thread is moved to the General forum?
Well, compared to the main W32 not many people view or post in general section.

Also, how many tribes get flamed like Sky does? And how many of those tribes are active on the forums? So yeah, I don't see your tribe or other tribes decide to make such a thread.

It's a random "Please flaime me!" thread. I think if we all decide we want one, might be best to have them all sitting in general rather than out here with other things.

DeletedUser

it seems to me that the only people who like sky are in or usede to be in sky....

ravnscream

Also, how many tribes get flamed like Sky does? And how many of those tribes are active on the forums? So yeah, I don't see your tribe or other tribes decide to make such a thread.

[H] got flamed very much..
Hate. also got flamed much in the past..

DeletedUser

That may be true Ballistick, however we in other tribes, look at Sky and wonder what could possibly make them scary. In the last 2 wars they have fought, it was a gain of +100 vils, and recruitment to mostly deal with the 2nd war. We in fight style tribes, dont really consider that an accomplishment. I will admit it is inventive. Just not very battle worthy.

We won!
By how much?
100 vils.
Huh?

2nd war.
We win!
By how much?
We recruited players to take the K.
Huh?

Add to that a fairly weak forum presence (which I will admit is changing) and you can understand our apprehension considering Sky a tribe that is scary to fight.

Sincerely,
Daysteppr

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well i really have no poltical affilation with SKY but there a nice group of guys and girls. ive talked with many of an ocasion and there pretty dece. tho tiger did piss me off once it was all a misunderstanding haha, but maybe its bc i pretty much get along with every1 haha.

DeletedUser77458

That may be true Ballistick, however we in other tribes, look at Sky and wonder what could possibly make them scary. In the last 2 wars they have fought, it was a gain of +100 vils, and recruitment to mostly deal with the 2nd war. We in fight style tribes, dont really consider that an accomplishment. I will admit it is inventive. Just not very battle worthy.

We won!
By how much?
100 vils.
Huh?

2nd war.
We win!
By how much?
We recruited players to take the K.
Huh?

Add to that a fairly weak forum presence (which I will admit is changing) and you can understand our apprehension considering Sky a tribe that is scary to fight.

Sincerely,
Daysteppr

its around 500-300 (quote me if im wrong) in the [H] avoid war. This is what could be called a major victory for [H]. So why shouldn't this be a major victory for SKY:

Side 1:
Tribes: Game
Players: klonk Willies Fan boaz821 Lord Natix 0 nino99 Bibby1612 dougie1 Eternal Rest

Side 2:
Tribes: SKY
Players: *RAA* Imbabruno

Timeframe: 29/10/2009 00:00:00 to 10/11/2009 00:54:37

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 93
Side 2: 354
Difference: 261

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 934,999
Side 2: 3,395,751
Difference: 2,460,752

image.php

Now from here, you can see that despite you slagging off SKY, SKY has been as and possibly more successful in 1 week and a half against GaMe than Hostile has been against avoid in the last GaMe war. And your war vs avoid has taken 1-2 months...

I think its just that you dont want to admit we were successful.

DeletedUser

its around 500-300 (quote me if im wrong) in the [H] avoid war. This is what could be called a major victory for [H]. So why shouldn't this be a major victory for SKY:

Side 1:
Tribes: Game
Players: klonk Willies Fan boaz821 Lord Natix 0 nino99 Bibby1612 dougie1 Eternal Rest

Side 2:
Tribes: SKY
Players: *RAA* Imbabruno

Timeframe: 29/10/2009 00:00:00 to 10/11/2009 00:54:37

Side 1: 93
Side 2: 354
Difference: 261

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 934,999
Side 2: 3,395,751
Difference: 2,460,752

image.php

Now from here, you can see that despite you slagging off SKY, SKY has been as and possibly more successful in 1 week and a half against GaMe than Hostile has been against avoid in the last GaMe war. And your war vs avoid has taken 1-2 months...

I think its just that you dont want to admit we were successful.

Not sure why imbabruno is listed on Sky's side.

Anyway, you missed the point of what was being said. You took more villages because you brought half the tribe to your side at the start of the war. Much of what was left at the south end was inactive (that is not ever an excuse, it is just an observation)...you did not bring in the inactives, and instead just brought in active players who then helped you clean up the others. You recruited your way out of the war within really a matter of days...what's left there that you can reasonably get to, not even sure why war stats continue to be posted on them honestly.

You were successful in accomplishing your goal, in the same way that HKM was successful in taking a lot of territory...but that being largely via recruitment efforts, not war efforts. Daysteppr's point is that while that may be something appreciated by a tribe like yours, it is not seen as an accomplishment by harder core, warring tribes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser77458

But what I find funny is this

The start of the 1st GaMe war:

GaMe respected in forums - SKY disliked in forums
GaMe thought to be a good tribe - SKY thought to be a noob tribe
GaMe has larger forum presence, SKY has smaller forum presence
GaMe is rank 1 ingame - SKY is rank 9 ingame
Most think GaMe are going to win - Few think SKY are going to win

The end of the second game war:

GaMe's leader quit
GaMe thought as a noob tribe
GaMe has smaller forum presence
GaMe is rank 14 or something ingame
Sky is rank 3 ingame
GaMes forum rep is demolished
Most think sky is going to win

Yet people still think

Sky is disliked tribe
Sky has bad forum rep
Sky is thought to be a noob tribe

SKY, although not finishing off game because of tactical reasons (dont want to overstretch ourselves too north), demolished every scrap of rep they had and around 3/5 of their players quit or moved tribes...I call that a victory...

DeletedUser

I can understand the point that some are trying to make. I do think anyone questioning the first war is a stretch though. Being up by any number considering the size difference between SKY and Game at the time was an outstanding achievement. It was a great effort by both sides with both offense and defense. To say "oh you only won by 100 villages" is not taking into account the skill and size of Game at that time.

The second war was done in an unconventional way, and honestly it was forced upon us. Diplomatic reasons caused us to make an extreme decision and I stand by it. It may not be how some would do it, but who says we all have to play the same style? We went into that war to win it by any means necessary, and thats exactly what we did.

DeletedUser

its around 500-300 (quote me if im wrong) in the [H] avoid war.

Avoid:
Side 1: 315
Side 2: 662
Difference: 347

This is not including leavers, and what not, though I'm not sure if there were any.
Keep it mind it also doesn't include their stats against LoL who they were at war with at the same time, where they took 891 villages, lost 221 for a gain of 670 villages, also not including the leavers, of which I know for a fact they took another 200+ villages.

That's a total gain of 1017 villages against those two tribes, which is a major decisive victory, as they ended the existence of both tribes more or less, and were the smaller party at the time.

I would say that's slightly better then a gain of 200.

Don't take this as me trying to down play SKY's results, you guys ended your war quickly, and became a bigger tribe for it, Kudos.
However it doesn't make you a better tribe because of it, nor does it really grant you any favors in the reputation department (which you mentioned in a further post to be funny).

Why would recruitment of another tribe bring you more recognition?

Recruitment of the enemy is a failing of that tribe to entertain, and hold on to it's members, is indicitive of a weak leadership, and problems within the tribe (in this case leadership was tied up in real life and on their way out). Recruitment is not a success of the tribe gaining the members, despite the success it has given you in this war. Nor does it instill much fear to those who are comfortable with their membership, and leaderhsip.

As they say, the wife doesn't leave the nest to stoop on someone else's perch unless their's something wrong in the nest at home.

It may not be how some would do it, but who says we all have to play the same style? We went into that war to win it by any means necessary, and thats exactly what we did.

I can respect this...

DeletedUser67788

Avoid are doing reasonably well against us. The problem I myself face is long distance nobling, followed by aggressive re-capping.

Avoid are definitely not gaining ground, but they are doing well taking back some of the ground we are taking off them.

So the stats are a little deceptive in that regard.

AYK is correct, LoL was around for a good chunk of the war, and between the two enemy tribes we were vastly outnumbered in players and villages. LoL is already gone, and Avoid have their backs against a wall. This was achieved through war, not recruitment. The only LoL player we recruited at all went barb recently (much to Asena's delight).

DeletedUser

well i really have no poltical affilation with SKY but there a nice group of guys and girls. ive talked with many of an ocasion and there pretty dece. tho tiger did piss me off once it was all a misunderstanding haha, but maybe its bc i pretty much get along with every1 haha.

i believe you were 3-5 red dots in K75 right near a village of mine :icon_confused:

what were you thinking would happen, lol.