Newsletter #3 - 2009-12-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tribal War Lord

What about those with no family or friends? I think it would be fair to set up an attack break during August or July because thats when I am on holiday.
[/CENTER]

like it ;)

i think there should be 2 24 hour breaks. one on christmas day, one on new years so people can enjoy it without thinking about the game. if you would rather sit on TW than go and have a good time and enjoy yourself then up to you...but why should everyone else have to do that. TW is like a 24/7 job sometimes and you need breaks at some point. if hindus or whatever have special holidays and want to have a day attack break in the middle of the year aswell then i dont see why it cant be discussed as long as it is a 24 hour thing aswell...

DeletedUser

Good point. Anyone know of any religions that have festivals during the summer?

I think I may become Pagan, so I can claim discrimination on religious grounds and introduce a summer attack break JK.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Xmas - Extending world

I was wondering if you guys had thought about merging older worlds together. This might be a silly idea, but for some of the older worlds with similiar settings and with limited people playing them (i.e. world 15 there are only like 6 top tribes now... the game is getting abit dull). But if you expanded it by adding... 13/14/16 it would make the world in a gaming sense 'bigger' and more 'chaotic' in a fighting sense and bring fresh life into it.

Understandably it would require to add certain settings to some of the world or troops like archer and cats, or lower the resources to match up, but if you increased the troops attack speed, and make it easier to mint coins (for bigger players) it would really be a brilliant Xmas present, so in the new year there would be a greater enthuasim.

Dont get me wrong I love tribal wars and plan on staying on my world until the end, but if you were to do something like this over xmas and have the break until new year it would reduce people passing account info. to friends (gaming or neighbours next door) as they are bored.

:heavycavalry:
:scout:
:spear:
:lightcavalry:
:snob:
:axemen:

k devil rider

Randy1

about circular mails.
why isn't it possible to send a circular mail to more then 3 people outside of your tribe
(i'm talking about W44, never tried it on other worlds) but i'm just asking myself why?

3moons

Yes this is a war game but in real life they try to observe certain holidays in respect as they did in WWII they paused around the globe for Dec 25th if only for just a few minutes. What needs to happen is that since this is a multinational game with players from around the world, I think is that there should be a true vote on many of the things stated by the players.
I know that this takes time to implement but it would allow each world/server to vote on these things, so as to keep each world fair to its members.

I personally think the break is good, but the idea that you cannot attack Barbs is just stupid because they should be open year round (especially as an added bonus during this time), that is just my opinion, and I have been playing since the beginning and will continue to play. I have enjoyed the Holiday breaks even though I have been frustrated a couple times by forgetting that attacks don't do anything except Visit the defenders village and come home, every time they have been used so it will be welcomed again if implemented this year.

the one rule that I feel is quite unfair or makes it hard to follow is the Shared Internet Connection, as with more and more people gaining INTERNET access at home and setting up private networks which have multiple player sometimes it really is unfair to state that they are not allowed to support each other or even attack each other, or work as a team. What is the difference if they are shared really when a tribe can do more damage that a few shared account holders can.
Also there are many that play at their place of employment and this rule makes it impossible for them to attack each other and have some fun at work to reduce the stress levels in the workplace.

Good luck TW team, and keep up the good work on the Game.

Yenisher

~I say no to attack breaks, not every one is a cristian, Muslems do not have xmas holiday

DeletedUser

True, but the attack break is not only for the players, it's for all the mods/managers also and i don't think any of them wants to answer support tickets during Xmas :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Aganist attack break

[SPOIL]Where is the world announcement? :lol:[/SPOIL]

gryphoncastle

I would like to offer a suggestion on the attack break. In order to appease all players regardless of their religion,background, or where they live, etc... It might be a good idea to issue a certain number of attack free days per year that players could use when they want a break, regardless of holidays. Although, of coarse there would have to be some rules of use. Such as, You must not be under attack for at least 24 hours prior to your "vacation" time. That way people can use them when they need to, regardless of what holiday they celebrate, or what they believe in. This would also help those who could not find a sitter in times of need. This would also give more freedom to those players who would be more active during this time, to be able to play, farm,etc... As well as those that are currently involved in a war currently. Only the ones using there "Vacation" days would be effected in this way, As the rest of the game world could continue as usual.
I for one, am all for the attack break except for the reasons that people have brought up already, as they have brought up valid points. I think that this would be a good solution for all players.

DeletedUser

nothing to do with a break (and hey TWL), but in response to your newsletter:

Top readers read at speeds of above 1000 words per minute (wpm) with near 85% comprehension, they only represent 1% of readers. Average readers are the majority and only reach around 200 wpm with a typical comprehension of 60%

DeletedUser

YES to the break !!!

My opinion on the attack break is that Yes, it is a good idea, as it would save a lot of people trouble if they can't get on due to family commitments, but it's not so good to have it for a VERY long time...

Maybe run it from the 24th-26th of December, for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing day. Then one more time for New Years Eve, and New Years Day. This will mean for those that CAN get on, they can continue to do what they were doing, as I know I have full access to TribalWars completely over these up-coming holidays. Having them on these days can lighten the load for others, and it will be a GOOD help.

I think that they summed it up nicely!:icon_idea:

And for those on W28 that are in the process of attacking sith, 3 days are not going to set you back that far. And if it does, then you are not far enough into the war to worry about it!

DeletedUser

True, but the attack break is not only for the players, it's for all the mods/managers also and i don't think any of them wants to answer support tickets during Xmas :icon_razz:

Actually the attack break usually generates more work, rather than reducing work.

DeletedUser

about circular mails.
why isn't it possible to send a circular mail to more then 3 people outside of your tribe
(i'm talking about W44, never tried it on other worlds) but i'm just asking myself why?

You need premium to send a circular mail to more than 3 people outside of your tribe.

DeletedUser

Sorry if this is a foolish thing to ask, but how do we open a support ticket?
There used to be a link in the old rules (although the link was broken and I had to manually remove a space from before the .php at the end)
In the new rules however, the link is not there (unless I missed it)

Im sure you dont want to make raising a ticket too easy, as you dont want to be flooded with them, but I think there should be a link somewhere in the ingame menu structure.

I have just been and had another hunt, and i really cant find a link! Am i missing something obvious here?

There's a link in my signature, and also at the top of the homepage. (Both links have been there for years.)

DeletedUser

I can't attack my accounts sittings.

I understand the 60 days and 120 days rules, but I think it's quite unfair that I as the account sitter don't have permission to attack and conquer its villages. Why does i have to pass the account sit mode to another player just to noble the villages? Wasn't easier if passed 60 days i could get the permission to conquer?
Maybe this is an idea that the support team could discuss and implement it and would be appreciated by most of the TW players.
The rules explicitly state no interactions between sitters and sat accounts. There is no reason to make an exception for such cases, both because it would complicate the rules significantly (both hampering player comprehension and moderator detection) and because it's not particularly difficult to find legal workaround for this special case.
Support system
About the support system i just have two things that i don't agree with:
1) If i made a ticket about player(s) for breaching the rules why can't i receive any info about your decision? Why i must simulate an attack to the player(s) to get knowledge that he or them has ir have been banned temporarly? In this kind of situation the support should send a response ticket informing that from the ban or not.​
This is due to confidentiality of player information. Mods cannot give out any information about player accounts (beyond what is publicly available through other means). Like above, making exceptions simply over complicates the issue for everyone.
2) If, I as a tribe duke, have a tribe member banned for transgression of the rules why don't i have the right to receive any info about the reasons why he has been banned? Bans affect the tribes performance and wealthy and not knowing these reasons can affect even more and are the main reason of why there are so many support suspections. You should try to work closely with tribe tribe leaders.​

Whether or not it will help you is not the issue, the issue is that the player may or may not want you to know, and it is their decision. If they want to give you information about the ban that is their choice, but if they choose to keep it private that is their right.

A players enemies also have lots to gain from knowing the details of another player's ban, but you wouldn't want them to have such information, would you?

DeletedUser

I think I asked the same question about a year ago. The troops fight to the smith level of the village they are in.

I would like to know now though, if an offencive smith levels get changed, while the attacking troops are in transit, do they fight at levels when they arrive or smith levels when they were launched. I'm pretty sure its the smith level when they arrive, but too busy to test this. So many barbs have completly messed up smithy settings, that often an offencive gets built before I can change them.
At the time of the actual attack the smithy levels will be looked up. The smithy levels at the time the troops are sent is irrelevant.

GorillaPhil

Great newsletter by the way.

I propose the Christmas break should be threw 21 days that way those of us who take holidays over the Christmas and New Year period. Yes it seems a long time but it also caters for those who like myself have to travel long distances before reaching our holiday destinations, which I must be honest about with no computer at all, not even a laptop to work with. A holiday is just that a holiday to be enjoyed.

Also the other issue is night time protection; I know we have international servers but surely those who register and inform you of their location; UK, USA, Australia for example the night time protection should be automatic. This will cut out the disheartening effect of waking up to find what you worked so hard to build had disappeared when you were asleep.

I suppose if those of us who are ill and can stay awake nights on end can fight a war, but there are those who need to sleep and work the next day.

DeletedUser56791

i would like an attack break

i would like a attack break for all speicel holidays like christmas and new years and thanksgiving all the big holidays

please reply to my message if u agree with me

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

On the topic about having a non attack period around christmas and new year.....

Well I think i could be a good idea to respect such holidays, but what about the ramadan and chinese new year etc, there are alot more holidays than just christmas and new year, so well to be most fair, my suggestion is to have all religion holidays as non attack periods, and not just christian holidays, or dont have any non attack period at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.