Ammended Request For Avatar

DeletedUser

Hello,

I am in extreme need of a new Avatar (for which I will gladly pay PP) and wondered if somebody would be willing to help me out.

Size: .................240x180 (max.)

Text:...................(None)

Colour/Tone:.......Bright, sharp colours.

My current avatar was the best old-man picture I could locate online at the time and is frankly rather boring. Both Father Christmas and the over-muscled, Greek-god style of old man would not be suitable to me, but someone who looks extremely old, has a big ragged beard and maybe waving a knobbly walking stick threateningly would be ideal. The finer details I leave entirely to you.

Regards, Jerokane

DeletedUser51929

zxkx13.jpg

zt6epw.jpg

Ay or nay,

DeletedUser

They are interesting but hardly a gnarled old man shaking a knobbly stick at you. The first one looks like an alcoholic reject and the second, a thirty year-old in a false beard playing cricket with a hospital issue walking stick. The walking stick needs to be a knobbly one, as cut from the hedgerow. The background however is reminiscent of modern art rather than something appropriate for a wrinkly old man from a past era. Well over 100 years old would place him pre-1900's preferably for character and style of dress. Even pre-1800's if you wish.

Sorry for the comments. Your applications are very good but I'm afraid not what I was looking for.

DeletedUser51929

If you dont mind me asking, why are looking for pictuers along these lines?
perhaps relates to you tribe?

DeletedUser

I'm 62 years old myself and I wish for an avatar picture that will still be appropriate for me when I pass 90 years of age.

DeletedUser51929

lol nicely :D though i find it hard to find an old dude with a walkign stick, all the one i found either where cartoons or did'nt have a beard :p

DeletedUser

A cartoon one could work if it had enough detail, as in modern, computer generated cartoons.

DeletedUser

The top one is slightly amusing but also a little boring. It also lacks any vibrant colour
The middle one looks more like a female witch to me and not that well done either.
The third one looks no older than I do now when I want someone looking twice as old as that. No colour again either.

Very sorry about that as you've gone to so much trouble.

ElChapo

Hmm....

I think i know what you want... but its hard to find a render like that XD

Wait ill see if i can give it more shots...

okay how about now?

jerokane44f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That's certainly got the age thing but please compare it to my present avatar.

There, the person appears as a caricature of a real person. If you saw him walking down the street then you would stare at him. You would not be able to help yourself

In your picture it is simply an old person who you would walk right past and not even remember doing so afterwards afterwards.

I thing the way ahead would be for a good quality cartoon style drawing and it appears it might be best if I look for an offline source to obtain this. I thank everyone for their trouble and deeply apologise for wasting all your valuable time like this..