A Year Under the S²ORM!

deadsocks

S2orm.png

Screw Valentine's day, Winter Olympics, Pancake day, and Chinese new year...
It was a year ago that H²0 merged with SWARM to create S²ORM! Happy birthday!
Well, actually a year and a day. But I was asleep yesterday, let me off ;)

------------------------------------------

A few landmark dates, from my perspective:
12th January 2009 I write wIz, leader of our northern allies SWARM, and warn him that the activity level in our tribe is dropping off and that we have considered a merge offer from our southern allies Hungry. He offers me a merge with his tribe instead. I am flattered to say the least, and we draw up plans.

13th Febuary 2009 I invite the inactives from SWARM and both our academies into H²0 and rename it "S²ORM²", and then move over to SWARM where I have a cushy job as a diplomat and baron awaiting me. :icon_cool:

14th Febuary 2009 S²ORM is officially born and announced in this forum thread, all the active H²0 players accept their invites, and much partying goes on :D
The new tribe also has a brand spanking new official alliance with V-V-V which wIz secured a few days prior!
Although on the flipside of things, we still have [HDR] and UNDRWD and K30 to war.

15th Febuary 2009 While most the tribe is drunk and happy, Beowulf in S²ORM² starts being attacked by his neighbours in Kinky... I contact Jammer0 who reads the message and doesn't respond. I still have the mail actually *digs it up*

Dead Socks on 16.02. at 00:25
Evening. This is Dead Socks, S²ORM diplomat. We've spoken before although you wouldn't have realised most likely, I sat pbear for 2 months or so :p

I can't help but notice that several Kinky members are attacking a couple of S²ORM members from the secondary tribe. What does this mean?

If it means what I think it means, I'd say it warranted a declaration from you or Pervis, and a reaction from us.

And if it's all been a terrible, terrible mistake, please contact me ASAP.

Thanks a lot, I look foward to hearing from you no matter the circumstance.

- Socks

It soon becomes clear that Kinky have no intention of stopping the attacks. It's very true that me and some other world leaders at the time spoke of an anti-Kinky resistance force, but it's also true that Kinky didn't seem to take the rumours very seriously... To this day, I'm not sure what happened. (I suspect this may be because I'm an airhead *nods*)

17th Febuary 2009 After a few fruitless attempts, wIz finally gets his declaration v Kinky to stay on the forums. Behind the scenes, I contact Todner on wIz's orders and arrange an alliance with our neighbours =RES=, an alliance that has lasted to this day. It's a good job they accepted, because V-V-V refused to get involved with the war on either side, and Hungry were just... um, in MANIC's pants :|

7th March 2009 We finally start to beat Kinky in the stats, much to the relief of our allies Garuda who had been winning from the start and hated being made to look bad by having us put in besides them in the statistics...

April 21st 2009 For whatever reason, we didn't want BOOTY to war with =RES= as the two of them so wanted, and rather, we wanted to... merge them in after a few days of fake war? I don't always understand wIz's evil genius schemes, so I just went with it, and you can see the resulting announcement here.
Oh, and somewhere along the line... Kristie got promoted to baron, and Firas to duke. Like an official tribal couple :D

May 19th 2009 There was no official declaration of defeat by the Kinky noobs, but we start to invite key players. Some of them also join V-V-V and Garuda, some are tribeless to this day... And we didn't really have a HUGE lead in stats against them, but their leadership was a bit of a mess...

May 22nd 2009 wIz declares on COTI, because they are terrible at playing, and yet allied with MANIC, and threaten to support them against V-V-V. I don't even remember why that war started... probably a result of pillow talk between Rukoh and Darebear. You can see his declaration here, although it's pretty vague, he doesn't even mention the name of the tribe it's against!

June 4th 2009 wIz declares on MANIC (again), but this time... it's personal.

Well, my computer messes up and it all starts to get a bit vague from now on. I officially left on July 17th, but in the time running up to it, my onlineness was somewhat patchy, and I fell out with some of my TW friends.

August 23rd 2009 V-V-V fall to MANIC and merge into our tribe. I wasn't around at the time, so I got a real shock when I logged in next to check on Azi (who had been promoted to baron in his own right in my absense :O) and saw all the Trip V people. Read more.
AND BTW, FOR THE LADIES IN THE HOUSE, THIS IS THE DAY THAT KRIID JOINS THE TRIBE :O :O :O

September 7th 2009 Smurf- seems to be missing something, or maybe I am, because he declares on S²ORM.
He promised he would destory us, and crush our trasky tribe underfoot. He also requested that we lead by a failure.
RIP Smurf-, he's grey now, after joining the tribe he said he hated so much. The barbs return to the earth, and the circle of life is complete...

November 2nd 2009 Certain key members of MANIC become S²ORM! Again, a big shock for me when I next played the game and found out who I was bunking with...

November 15th 2009 The official declaration against Deus and allies is released, it had been known since a while back that it would be the next step. Deus started attacking =RES=, which is a strange step to say the least, after they ordered us not to attack their equivilent ally =TTD= (our original next target after the BOOTY merge).

Since then... It would be incorrect to say nothing happened, but it really starts to slow down.
I came back on January 16th when I came back - Azi had removed his privs, deleted my friends list, and set my account to delete. At least he told me so, or else I would have undoubtedly have left myself to vanish unawares, and I'd end up playing Kristie's account or something -.-
Speaking of which:
January 3rd 2009 Kristie and Firas make their engagement official :icon_cry:

------------------------------------------

Well... it's been a long year!
How was it for you? *insert double eyebrow pressups face*
What can you see the next year bringing?
Do you think we've made any major mistakes?

For me, the answer is a resounding GREAT PWNAGE NOT RLY. :icon_cool:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

You forgor about the under/virgin-nubs that merged in and supported your asses in the kikeh war!! For that you get a 1 out of 10

deadsocks

MEH :) I never got what was going on up north, I ignored it mostly and focused on the world events :D
But you are right, so if you can find the date of that, I'll add it in I guess.
And if you think the thread is too long, just read the beginning and end. I'll add a border so you know when to turn your brain off and on again :)

DeletedUser

i dont think you guys ever declared on coti.

all i can remember is that we got a manic alliance, vvv declared on manic.
we helped manic, then we declared on vvv, then s2orm swayed in and out of our rim territory.
you declared on us, we merge to manic. vvv merge to you.
you beat manic.

i cant remember you declaring before the vvv war :/

deadsocks

We declared on COTI, the thread linked is proof. :)
And, I didn't add the V-V-V vs MANIC war to my timeline because... it wasn't anything to do with S²ORM :O

DeletedUser

okaii, does that mean that s²orm declared on coti before coti declared on vvv ir wut? :eek:

deadsocks

We declared on COTI within a few days of hearing that they would support MANIC against Trip V and would possibly attack them, that is all I remember ^^

DeletedUser

A long year indeed. Make this year last boys and girls, Ill check in on you in a few months. My official retirement from TW. Good luck!

P.S. Didnt mean to steal your thunder socks!:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

That was nice to read Socks, bought back some good memories. Just dropping in....

DeletedUser

hey rob nice to see you bro. Yes its been a great year in world 24. nice read socks, im glad your back to posting some interesting things in pnp again. :)

DeletedUser

That was nice to read Socks, bought back some good memories. Just dropping in....

Where have you been Robin D:, no one has come to save me when Sully is around (It's HOTAKE)

On Topic: Read this earlier and GL with the future of hugging after Storms kills Dues :icon_rolleyes:.

DeletedUser

@socks..I demand an edit there:
August 23rd 2009 V-V-V fall to MANIC and merge into our tribe. I wasn't around at the time, so I got a real shock when I logged in next to check on Azi (who had been promoted to baron in his own right in my absense :O) and saw all the Trip V people. Read more.

yanno why!:icon_evil:

DeletedUser54677

Nice. A topic which -shouldn't- be flamed.

Keep it goin', Sockz. :)