Newsletter #8 - Version 6.1 - 2010-03-29

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Well all i can say is i think this 50ms rules stinks.
I've played TW for just about 4 yrs now and it's taken me awhile to get to where i am as far as timing and experience.

Nothing against the new people playing but let them learn on the newer worlds and not jump into a closed world cause someone they now has an account that needs a new owner you just can;t get handed a multi million point account and think your any good (unless you have played before) and i see it this is the problem. new people joining older worlds being given big accounts and can;t handle the pressure of being at war and all that comes with it.

With this rule change I might be quitting now as you have just taken all the fun out of this game.

DeletedUser

As usual, a tiny minority (of mostly incompetent players at that, less than 5 .net staff members can play to save their asses) voting for something that affects the majority.

Wonderful.

And of course the staff insults have to come out...

DeletedUser

how on planet earth can people send trains under 50ms?

Besides your trains is seperated by a twentieth of a second longer, big deal...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

...and what was the point in the rule change? Some bans, big deal, they learn from it. Don't spoil it for the rest of us.

ston3d

If someone does something stupid some very rude people feel a need to point it out in a franky over enthusiastic fashion. I say just shut-up and sit in the corner! Look where its got me! I'm a professional doorstop now! :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

...and what was the point in the rule change? Some bans, big deal, they learn from it. Don't spoil it for the rest of us.

Ummm, you go check 4000+ sent fakes for 150 ms between attacks and tell me that you would do that everytime you mass sent fakes. And then tell me that you would just not carpet fake someone into oblivion because of that rule...

angrim

Wow, so many people posting that the only skill in TW is in how fast you can make a train or cut one. They should open a server where you just all get nobles and a few troops automatically, and just send trains at each other, I'm sure all these top players would jump right over to this "pure skill" server.

Train speed is all about having the right browser and keybindings, something that any noob with a decent guide can master in an hour. I don't call that skill, and I find it odd that so many experienced players equate skill with train speed.

It's a STRATEGY game, not a FPS. I'm in favor of most any change that reduces the importance of fast reflexes and fancy computer hardware and increases the importance of good planning and teamwork.

DeletedUser

i think your a great guy and a good player to boot, but im astounded your in support of this. I fully understand the part about not getting banned for sending off farm runs (and it was my account you got the warning for :icon_razz:) yet would it not be possible to make it 4 commands from the same villa, at the same villa as opposed to 4 commands in general?

or just lagging the 4th command as i mentioned above?

darkrence

? lol just reread the rule change. and nothing has changed with worlds already made. except you can send apparently 5 attacks under 1 min.
However, if there are no issues during the update to version 6.1, from 18:00 onwards the game servers will guarantee a minimum of 50ms between every attack.

This means the minimum time for a 5 noble train will be 200ms.

so
attack 1 = :000
attack 2 = :050
attack 3 = :100
attack 4 = :150 <- like always.
attack 5 = :200

only problem i see is you cant sent 3 noble trains as fast as you like now. its min of :100 no matter what.

DeletedUser

I object against the 50 ms rule! All decent players will move to the uk servers if this continues

100ms between each noble is just too much, it's taking the fun part out of the game :/

DeletedUser

If someone does something stupid some very rude people feel a need to point it out in a franky over enthusiastic fashion. I say just shut-up and sit in the corner! Look where its got me! I'm a professional doorstop now! :icon_razz:

Id rather be the doorstop than the revolving door. As much as you try and just help explain things (let people go through) you always have those people who just want to barrel through it... that or go around and around in circles XD

DeletedUser

Could someone from the ingame staff please confirm that this applies to support as well rather than just attacks? I'd assume it applies to all commands but the release is not worded very well.

If you're going to force support trains to automatically have the same gap as incoming attacks then you have effectively automated sniping.

DeletedUser

Ummm, you go check 4000+ sent fakes for 150 ms between attacks and tell me that you would do that everytime you mass sent fakes. And then tell me that you would just not carpet fake someone into oblivion because of that rule...

What's the deal? There shouldn't be a 150 ms limit anyway. :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

Come on why to people make such a big deal out of this? By the way, wtf is sniping?

DeletedUser

As staff we get told of any changes like this in advance. If we didn't want it, it wouldn't be happening.
Okay we both know you have latitude with rules, but not with game updates:icon_rolleyes: Odds are some of the team is unhappy with this change. In case no-one has noticed guys its a game update, its a game feature, installed in all inno servers do you think that this is a choice for anyone? Seriously, step back and think about it for thirty seconds.

DeletedUser

I'm Dark Conviction, you will find me on all worlds.

I agree with you Auskilla, not many people will be effected by it at all. And timing from multiple villages can still result in <150ms trains.

All this is doing anyway is stopping us from banning players who send illegal trains, and just auto making the trains legal by spacing them to 150ms. If people want to cry about not being about to send trains under 150ms, then does that mean they currently are and they are breaking the rules right now?

You aint on my world...probs cos i rimmed u with my 149ms trains ;)

DeletedUser5561

Say it can't be so.. why punish good players because poor players can not snipe a fast train? 150 ms was bad enough. why are you making it worse on us?

granted my average is 300ms but thats me and I object to this change

DeletedUser656

Just to clarify: The limit is for attacks on the same village only.

Status
Not open for further replies.