Newsletter #8 - Version 6.1 - 2010-03-29

Status
Not open for further replies.

AusKilla

I have no interest in arguing with you over something this stupid Aus; 38ms is not my fastest, my fastest was 7ms, I just sent that the other day and forgot to check. It doesn't matter how fast someone can send it as anything under 150ms from a single village is illegal. What matters is that people who got good at dodging and sniping now really have no advantage.

WRONG... The 50ms spacing of commands "should" be for attacks AND support,

The block of more than 5 attacks per 1000ms is for both attack & support commands, so this new rule will most likely mimic the 1000ms block, which means.... THERE IS NO DISADVANTAGE TO AN ATTACKER OR DEFENDER, THIS RULE EFFECTS ATTACKING AND DEFENDING IN THE SAME WAY.

So Whats the problem with a rule which will now stop players being banned?

Even better now, if you time your nobles then you have a better chance as an attacker to not be sniped, now its not possible to send support commands with less than 50ms gaps. If you can time 4 nobles in a 50ms gap then defenders have 1 chance not 4 or 5 to split incoming nobles....

DeletedUser

Come on why to people make such a big deal out of this? By the way, wtf is sniping?

Obviously, your new to the game. But you might aswell not bother posting in this thread, as it obviously doesn't bother you.

DeletedUser

WRONG... The 50ms spacing of commands "should" be for attacks AND support,

The block of more than 5 attacks per 1000ms is for both attack & support commands, so this new rule will most likely mimic the 1000ms block, which means.... THERE IS NO DISADVANTAGE TO AN ATTACKER OR DEFENDER, THIS RULE EFFECTS ATTACKING AND DEFENDING IN THE SAME WAY.

So Whats the problem with a rule which will now stop players being banned?

Even better now, if you time your nobles then you have a better chance as an attacker to not be sniped, now its not possible to send support commands with less than 50ms gaps. If you can time 4 nobles in a 50ms gap then defenders have 1 chance not 4 or 5 to split incoming nobles....
Read the post above yours.

DeletedUser

This rule is aimed at the better players of tribal wars who are also the people who are likely bringing in the most money. They are generally the people who are paying for premium and are likely to be paying for it on more than one world so this isn't a great move by tribal wars.

If this rule must be implemented why has it not been implemented on individual worlds first that way we can avoid this rule.

Also the 50ms imposed gap is bad enough but if a 100ms gap is imposed I really don't know whether I will still play tribal wars

DeletedUser

As usual, a tiny minority (of mostly incompetent players at that, less than 5 .net staff members can play to save their asses) voting for something that affects the majority.

Wonderful.

Pretty sure you've never played against me. And out of all the staff we have, it would be hard for you to even have played with a large majority of them. If you want to make such claims like that, don't talk about thinks you know nothing about.

DeletedUser

remove the rule, let the people cheat and teach the others how to do it, after that wait for "pro" players to ask for this rule and refuse them.

DeletedUser

This has no effect on my playing style, I always thought the 4 nobles from one village was a poor way of playing. Now you all can learn a new and better way of sending nobles. Being able to click buttons fast isn't a skill. Being able to time, figure out your lag, figuring out the best attack strategy, etc, those are skills. So people can still send trains at around 50 ms - 100 ms, if they were good, smart players. Also you have to remember not only does the new thing effect attacks, but sending support too.

DeletedUser

Just to clarify: The limit is for attacks on the same village only.

doesnt that mean it wont effect farming at all and people will stil be getting banned for farming too quickly and hence negate your reasoning for bringing out this rule?

or did you mean attacks FROM the same village?

DeletedUser

I'm ok with 50ms attack rule as long as it is also enforced for support...

This will impact nobling from multiple villages more than a traditional 4 noble train from 1 village.

The design is clearly intended to attack the single key method used from Opera that enables 2 nobles to be sent as fast as the same milisecond. Since there is already a 150 ms rule... it becomes obvious that it's designed to curb the use from multiple villages.

So u can send 2 attacks from one villa with opera, with exact 50ms ( as it will be delayed due to the rule if u hit it under 50, which is real with opera)
and send another 2 with 50ms from another villa, and u will need to be God damn awesome super timer to make those 2half trains land at the EXACT TIME.
Do I understand the changes right? u can send 1 attacks from any villa to land even within 50ms, unless they are sent from one villa. e.g. 4 nobles from four different villas landing within lets say 10ms will be legal? PLS answer.

DeletedUser

Say it can't be so.. why punish good players because poor players can not snipe a fast train? 150 ms was bad enough. why are you making it worse on us?

granted my average is 300ms but thats me and I object to this change
your back:icon_surprised:
Hiyah
-Beaker-

DeletedUser51138

That would be illegal :icon_eek: 150 ms is legal :p

hence the smiling wink at the end...

I don't get why they didn't do a vote on it like they usually do with big topics.

Sure the admins got to agree on it, but it's absolutely ridiculous to impose such a big change (All the defenders fail to defend the "future worlds" argument) without even contacting the general public first.

zzz

DeletedUser

And of course the staff insults have to come out...

Pointing out that the majority of ingame staff and moderators are poor players is insulting your playing ability, not your ability to run the game. Thus, not mod/staff/admin/etc. bashing.

DeletedUser

CRY MORE!!!
cry-baby.gif

DeletedUser

Ummm, you go check 4000+ sent fakes for 150 ms between attacks and tell me that you would do that everytime you mass sent fakes. And then tell me that you would just not carpet fake someone into oblivion because of that rule...

Make worlds with fake-limit but no 50 ms between each attack?

Worlds without fake-limit you implant this aspect.

It does effect the game, for the attackers:

Early game you need 4 or 5 players to have a noble to get nobles landing <50.

For defenders: people that know how to snipe have an easy job, too easy?

DeletedUser

Make worlds with fake-limit but no 50 ms between each attack?

Worlds without fake-limit you implant this aspect.

It does effect the game, for the attackers:

Early game you need 4 or 5 players to have a noble to get nobles landing <50.

For defenders: people that know how to snipe have an easy job, too easy?
Mehh I can snipe .005 unless someone did a same ms second train it was all too easy.

DeletedUser

Pointing out that the majority of ingame staff and moderators are poor players is insulting your playing ability, not your ability to run the game. Thus, not mod/staff/admin/etc. bashing.

I meant the whole staff members suck at playing the game :icon_confused:

AusKilla

Read the post above yours.

[5:23:56 AM] Morthy says: it applies to sending attacks
[5:23:57 AM] Morthy says: not when they hit
[5:24:11 AM] Morthy says: it'd only space them out if all 4 nukes travel at the same speed
[5:24:13 AM] Morthy says: from the same village
[5:24:15 AM] Morthy says: to the same village

Read that

Status
Not open for further replies.