APOC vs "The World"

DeletedUser

LOL! indeed. I am confused why it would be a surprise that Apoc would be NAP with MM. Despite a myth propagated by your "side", Apoc had plenty of wars on at the time and would have preferred to maintain the NAP until such time as those wars were resolved. I know that basic level of expediency was missing from the east's diplomatic game plan but, like BA, we were never keen on fighting on more than one front at a time despite the fact that we always were. In fact Apoc would have much prefered an alliance with MM. One more step to turning the world blue.

So, you are saying you resisted a merge because you couldn't countenance stopping Ops on Apoc. Take a look at TWstats. If there were ops on Apoc they are confined to a couple of pages of conquers. Hardly a reason to not merge.

As for Apoc's relationship with BA, I think I can say without contradiction (even from Zurtle - not that I'd know now he is being ignored), it has been far stronger than any of the the eastern tribes alliances could hope to be (and that includes the MIM intra-family alliance). No amount of stirring from you will alter that, not least because we share the same goals and, now, those goals are close to fruition.

That really is semantics. Peter has already commented on the FUSE -> GoC -> MM transition of players and why BA regarded the associated recruitment is a thinly disguised recruitment of refugee players. Whether MM recruited (merged whatever) FUSE players/GoC players or whatever tribe they were in at the time is irrelevant. They were the same players that BA was fighting. That's the point. Get it?

nice twist of words Andrew... We weren't surprised Apoc and MM had a NAP... we knew they did... what we were surprised at is how Apoc was willing to throw BA under the bus... sorry if I wasn't clear...:)

DeletedUser

Let's wrench this back on topic...
Added % of all player villages, and expanded "The World" to all tribes with points.

-----------------------
Conquers (30 days) for:
Apocalypse
Apocalypse: Now!
Apocalypse:Famine
Balkan Alliance

Score: 980,294,516
Players: 287
Villages: 129,871
88.26% of all player villages
Avg. Player Score: 3,415,660
Avg. Player Villages: 452
Avg. Village: 7,548

Captures: 7439
Enemy: 4318
Unknown: 1940
Internal: 812
Barbarian: 369

Losses: 110

Growth = All Captures -
internal captures - losses
Growth = 6517 villages

----------------------------
Conquers (30 days) for:
TURKO
WarGods of Freedom
Pantheon Reborn
United Alliance of the Nobles
knights of the realm
Cold Blooded Killers
REBEL ALLIANCE (REBELLION)
Tribe of Disc
The Phoenix
Fellowship of the Weirdos
The Holy Roman Empire
The Rebel Alliance
A Cute Puppy
Phoenix
Knock Out
Very Small Tribe
Just hanging around :)
The Flying Circus
The Foresters Pioneers
Ancien Regime Dominion
My 1st World
The Danger Zone
Not Going Away
non-aggressive-pact
Silly Apoc, I was always loyal
rockman

Score: 147,728,781
Players: 98
Villages: 15,398
10.46% of all player villages
Avg. Player Score: 1,507,436
Avg. Player Villages: 157
Avg. Village: 9,594

Captures: 1214
Enemy: 89
Unknown: 23
Internal: 36
Barbarian: 1066

Losses: 3128

Growth = All Captures -
Growth = -1950 villages

Thanks mwetmore. Good to be on-topic and having some good stats with you.

DeletedUser

Thanks.
These are basically off-shoots of data I've been generating to track and predict various tribal moves.

For instance, it spotted the cease fire in the east with Aggression when there were still enemy caps going on, but the ODA/ODD gains dropped dramatically - basically eating each other's inactives to keep up the illusion of war. Same when TF was splitting off from Apoc. Some of the maps were also really great for spotting death-stars, though I never really got the point I wanted of having it automatically fire off a mail when an enemy took a barb in a safe K.

I hate repetitive tasks, so I automate everything I can within the rules. Better living through programming...

DeletedUser

nice twist of words Andrew... We weren't surprised Apoc and MM had a NAP... we knew they did... what we were surprised at is how Apoc was willing to throw BA under the bus... sorry if I wasn't clear...:)
Care to elaborate? In what way were Apoc willing to "throw BA under the bus"? I know I'm probably wasting my time but it would be nice to actually see some of your arguments backed up with, I dunno, evidence maybe?

If you are about to assert that an NAP equates to throwing BA under the bus then I'm guessing the fact that MM had a NAP with BA is one inconvenient truth too many? Incidentally never once did we regard this act as "throwing Apoc under the bus".

All of which begs the question, given that MM was so eager to form NAPs with both Apoc and BA, how exactly can the membership of MM consider themselves elite and aggressors? Just askin'...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks.
These are basically off-shoots of data I've been generating to track and predict various tribal moves.

For instance, it spotted the cease fire in the east with Aggression when there were still enemy caps going on, but the ODA/ODD gains dropped dramatically - basically eating each other's inactives to keep up the illusion of war. Same when TF was splitting off from Apoc. Some of the maps were also really great for spotting death-stars, though I never really got the point I wanted of having it automatically fire off a mail when an enemy took a barb in a safe K.

I hate repetitive tasks, so I automate everything I can within the rules. Better living through programming...

Yes, well, you have done a great job keeping things going.

DeletedUser

Peter, when I replied to you I was neither angry nor worked up.

This did actually make me laugh as you are the first person to imply someone is angry just because they don't agree with you! I really can't imagine what it is like in your world but I would suspect that flying pigs is an every day occurrence for you!

DeletedUser

Sometimes you do have to feel sorry for her, you know. :icon_confused:​

DeletedUser67005

Dhudson, Peter accused her of being angry... Perhaps you missed that part?

DeletedUser

Sometimes you do have to feel sorry for her, you know. :icon_confused:​

I don't think you need to feel sorry for people who left the game and vowed not to return and now are back (In forum only i believe) and continue to argue consistantly. Just my opinion though.

DeletedUser

So, World... have you got a plan for all those barbs, or just to delay the inevitable?
Shrinking by 775 villages in a week, if trends held: the World has about 17 weeks before they're completely nobled out.
C'mon folks, let's get this over with.

------------------------------
Conquers (7 days) for:
Apocalypse
Apocalypse: Now!
Apocalypse:Famine
Balkan Alliance

Score: 988,377,259
Players: 283
Villages: 130,388
89.75% of all player villages
Avg. Player Score: 3,492,499
Avg. Player Villages: 460
Avg. Village: 7,580

Captures: 1900
Enemy: 1365
Unknown: 84
Internal: 378
Barbarian: 73

Losses: 10

Growth = All Captures -
Growth = 1512 villages

--------------------------------------------
Conquers (7 days) for:
TURKO
WarGods of Freedom
Pantheon Reborn
United Alliance of the Nobles
knights of the realm
Cold Blooded Killers
Tribe of Disc
The Phoenix
Fellowship of the Weirdos
The Holy Roman Empire
The Rebel Alliance
A Cute Puppy
Phoenix
Knock Out
Very Small Tribe
Just hanging around :)
The Flying Circus
The Foresters Pioneers
Ancien Regime Dominion
My 1st World
The Danger Zone
Not Going Away
non-aggressive-pact
Silly Apoc, I was always loyal
rockman
life
Ancien Regime Dominion SE

Score: 126,302,352
Players: 90
Villages: 13,192
9.08% of all player villages
Avg. Player Score: 1,403,359
Avg. Player Villages: 146
Avg. Village: 9,574

Captures: 391
Enemy: 14
Unknown: 1
Internal: 34
Barbarian: 342

Losses: 1132

Growth = All Captures -
Growth = -775 villages
----------------------------------

DeletedUser

This did actually make me laugh as you are the first person to imply someone is angry just because they don't agree with you! I really can't imagine what it is like in your world but I would suspect that flying pigs is an every day occurrence for you!

I'm thinking the use of caps lock and exclamation marks may have had something to do with it.

@ Hammer: I know humour is beyond you all, but ffs wasn't really asking you to feel sorry for me. Furthermore, I didn't say anything when I deleted let alone made any vows that I wouldn't return. In fact, I have said that I may make a comeback for W100 if I am in the mood.

If Andrew and co don't like clueless people posting on these forums, they should have started with peeps like you. At least Assasin was here from W18's inception and has stuck around. You come in in the 11th hour and not once have I seen you post anything that is even somewhat accurate.

DeletedUser

Wow. You really need to calm down, Bella. Take it easy. It's just a game that people play to have fun. Don't take it so seriously.

DeletedUser67005

She's not. Besides, your group have posted hate messages against us.

Perhaps you also missed Andrew's recent milestone tantrum? :p

DeletedUser

Wow. You really need to calm down, Bella. Take it easy. It's just a game that people play to have fun. Don't take it so seriously.

There's your sense of humor, or were you being serious? I can't tell.

DeletedUser

Peter, I may be one of the most patient people on earth. It takes a LOT to make me lose my temper. You'd know when I got angry, trust me ;)

DeletedUser

Please, Bella. Try to keep this all in perspective. People are just playing a game. You shouldn't take it all so personally and get so worked up about this stuff. It's not RL.

DeletedUser

Please, Bella. Try to keep this all in perspective. People are just playing a game. You shouldn't take it all so personally and get so worked up about this stuff. It's not RL.

It seems like you are trying to convince yourself. You have said it maybe half a dozen times now. I guess it must be part of the therapy? If you need any support, let me know and i will do my best to keep you on that wagon :)

DeletedUser

Not much red left now...

Aug18map.gif