Tribal Wars, A Dying Game?

DeletedUser

Yeah, this is a big thread and I haven't read it all.....but my personal feelings on this decline is more to do with the nature of the game - i.e getting killed.

On one of the worlds I played (don't remember which now) I reached 15 or so villages - the most I'd had at that time - which then got nobled in quick succession when a giant player (100+ villages) gobbled me up. I'd been rimmed before (usually at the 1 - 3 village stage) and whilst that hurt, I could still start over. But losing 15 villages was just so disheartening.....having to start over again with 1 measly little village :(

But as i say, that's the nature of the game, and you can't change it

slinkiestwizard

Ive read some of this wasnt going to waste a day reading it all.

My opinions on the decline are simple.

There are to many servers >why does TW need so many servers in so many different countries?

Worlds open far to quickly,> 2 years ago they were just opening world 19 we are currently going onto w 53 ,why did they open 30 new worlds in the same amount of time as they opened the first 19

to get to the end of the game the world needs to be finished by 1 tribe> Really who wants to play a game for 2-3 years to finish?

price increases> well now we no why they increased the prices due to the amount of people playing , they have to make up for lost revenue. To play the game effectively and give yourself a chance you need a premium account from the start
these are just some points of the top of my head

solutions:

Smaller map? Why do we need 100 continents? why not 50 ? It would shorten the game time drastically giving a better end game where players may see the entire game through.

Limit player restarts to lets say 3, and set a cut off date on the map for restarts.If you cant establish a toe hold on a world after 3 restarts its time to move on.

Limit the amount a worlds a player can play in. In the past ive seen players playing 5 + worlds at a time.What are they trying to find a world they can get established in and the other worlds they barb? The other side of this is if you are playing so many worlds how can you dedicate the time to any one world to better your chances of survival?

Set the worlds so players entering know what they are getting into based on experience levels lets say beginner ,medium ,advanced .

Why not have TW invite players lets say the top 50 from established worlds and offer them a challenge .Point here put the best of the best in one world and let them fight it out.This would let the newer players learn the game in a better paced slower world without getting slammed by a TW vet on a new world . Set it so only experienced players can join the world .

The other side here is how many players that are new join the game ,thinking they can put in a couple hour a day? how many of these players log in 4 times a week. Why cant TW figure a world for these players ?Im not recommending tribal hugs but maybee something in between.

The other thing here is this , how long ago did players start co playing accounts? That may be a big part of the drop off in the number of players playing the game. Take W 41 for example i know for a fact there were a minimum 5 co played accounts just in the tribe i was in. how many tribes are in that world?

I think the co play is a great thing but it will drastically take away from the amount of players playing a world. Remedy this again by starting fewer worlds force players to play the ones there on.

just some thoughts again off the top of my head

DeletedUser

Worlds open far to quickly,> 2 years ago they were just opening world 19 we are currently going onto w 53 ,why did they open 30 new worlds in the same amount of time as they opened the first 19

Plus there are more servers, so it's probably more like opening 50 worlds, in the same time they opened the first 19.

DeletedUser

@slinkiestwizard I agree that adapting the game for new features or what not. I also understand the concerns on co players. Yes for some accounts it is extreme but it is something that would be nearly impossible to enforce. What about those people who play from work, by phone and at home? They can't just base it on ip address so unless somebody could think of something better it will never happen. Also the different servers. This is the first server and its english based. Some people like the fact that they can go on another server and speak whatever language they like. It has expanded the game at the same time as limiting .net. I think it was a good move for the game to expand player base into different countries as well.

DeletedUser

i think most player dont start new world for it take to long to get some were

for a new player who dont know how to play it can take them weeks to get near a noble and then most time they get nobled and there no point it re-starting over as it take so long to re-start

slinkiestwizard

@slinkiestwizard I agree that adapting the game for new features or what not. I also understand the concerns on co players. Yes for some accounts it is extreme but it is something that would be nearly impossible to enforce. What about those people who play from work, by phone and at home? They can't just base it on ip address so unless somebody could think of something better it will never happen. Also the different servers. This is the first server and its english based. Some people like the fact that they can go on another server and speak whatever language they like. It has expanded the game at the same time as limiting .net. I think it was a good move for the game to expand player base into different countries as well.

Im not complaining about the Co play, this game really needs it to be successful. IMO Even 2 novice players together that put there time in , read the forums and learn to use the tools can do well.

I believe all worlds should be at a 1.5 + speed.
I also believe the maps are to large as TW keeps starting new worlds at to fast a pace.Make them 50 Ks they will fill up fast and worlds will end sooner.

Lets be honest with ourselves her the biggest problem with this game is it takes to long to get to the end of a world. Part of the reason so many good players have quit.

There needs to be a good end game. Lets look at this logically any console based game has an end game . How many of us have bought a new game ,got hooked and spent way to many hours playing it rather than sleeping just to get to the end?

I really believe if they made the worlds smaller that would improve the game 100% in itself. Look how many worlds regardless of settings are closed and not even full.
Make it 50% smaller go with 1.5+ game speed and you have just about created a brand new game. It will fill faster ,end faster and hold players attention longer .

Other side here is also how many players just play for the start up and move on?
If the world is smaller they wont be so quick to move on as the fighting will be just a bit tougher .

DeletedUser

I do agree that if a world had half the size it would end alot quicker possibly within a year depending on the speed. I still think that they need to have different settings and speeds so that different players with different time commitments and play styles are given the chance to play a world they like. I hope that innnogames considers the shrinking of maps

DeletedUser

I do agree that if a world had half the size it would end alot quicker possibly within a year depending on the speed. I still think that they need to have different settings and speeds so that different players with different time commitments and play styles are given the chance to play a world they like. I hope that innnogames considers the shrinking of maps

Interestingly I believe one of the new features that will be introduced in the near future is a new setting that will allow different sized worlds.

DeletedUser

Interestingly I believe one of the new features that will be introduced in the near future is a new setting that will allow different sized worlds.

It would be a good feature to add. Makes the game more realistic in terms of winning. Some players won't be as likely to grow bored or just run out of motivation to continue on in the world. Of course there will always be players who do start ups to like 100k and then quit. But it might help the odds a bit more.

DeletedUser

It would be a good feature to add. Makes the game more realistic in terms of winning. Some players won't be as likely to grow bored or just run out of motivation to continue on in the world. Of course there will always be players who do start ups to like 100k and then quit. But it might help the odds a bit more.

It is a feature they announced on the Beta, so hopefully shouldn't be too long until we see it put into practice. I do wonder if they release some much smaller worlds, perhaps they would release them more often?

I have to admit that I am one of those players that tends to get to between 100K and 500K and then leave, I've always found start up a lot more exciting, but the prospect of an earlier and more manageable finish to a world is something that would certainly encourage me to hold on.

Other discussions/suggestions that have gone on over there have been to have timed worlds, as in worlds that have a set end date when they are launched. Also a fair few suggestions for less 'sandbox' style worlds, such as Team A vs Team B, Having a specific village for each team to capture or a 'Capture the Princess' where you have to form a chain of villages from the other teams main village back to your own. Of course these are only suggestions from customers/Beta testers, nothing has been agreed to and these ideas may never come into play, but they have listened and some ideas have been passed on to the developers.

It is in light of playing on the Beta that I know that Tribal Wars will not be a 'dying game', granted it may never have a large a customer base as it once had, but as discussed in here already there are a fair few reasons for that, but I do know it won't 'die' because of innogames ongoing efforts to evolve the game.

DeletedUser

It is a feature they announced on the Beta, so hopefully shouldn't be too long until we see it put into practice. I do wonder if they release some much smaller worlds, perhaps they would release them more often?

I have to admit that I am one of those players that tends to get to between 100K and 500K and then leave, I've always found start up a lot more exciting, but the prospect of an earlier and more manageable finish to a world is something that would certainly encourage me to hold on.

Other discussions/suggestions that have gone on over there have been to have timed worlds, as in worlds that have a set end date when they are launched. Also a fair few suggestions for less 'sandbox' style worlds, such as Team A vs Team B, Having a specific village for each team to capture or a 'Capture the Princess' where you have to form a chain of villages from the other teams main village back to your own. Of course these are only suggestions from customers/Beta testers, nothing has been agreed to and these ideas may never come into play, but they have listened and some ideas have been passed on to the developers.

It is in light of playing on the Beta that I know that Tribal Wars will not be a 'dying game', granted it may never have a large a customer base as it once had, but as discussed in here already there are a fair few reasons for that, but I do know it won't 'die' because of innogames ongoing efforts to evolve the game.

Exactly. The game is always adding new features and helping new players get into the game and older players want to stay in the game. As long as this continues I don't see the game dying although it is still going to be more of a niche game then it was when it started.

slinkiestwizard

Giraffe interesting about the beta , i hadnt heard that ,was any of it publicly reviewed ? Im curious of the feed back it recieved.If it was do you know of a link?

DeletedUser33250

This game needs worlds that are faster then speed 2 (as far as I'm aware this is the fastest speed besides speed worlds). New players can't be bothered starting from scratch and having to grow soooooo slowly, and given that there are so many other games that are cheaper, and better for new players.
This is a big reason of quitting due to boredom which also reduces

Make a speed 10 world...and advertise more. Either that, or let the game die peacefully.
195798 players already! Under 200k now, world 52 didn't help.

DeletedUser

This game needs worlds that are faster then speed 2 (as far as I'm aware this is the fastest speed besides speed worlds). New players can't be bothered starting from scratch and having to grow soooooo slowly, and given that there are so many other games that are cheaper, and better for new players.

Make a speed 10 world...and advertise more. Either that, or let the game die peacefully.

Ummm w52 has been out for 2 days.

W52 is a grass roots program, you have to let it filter its way up to the big leagues, it doesn’t happen overnight.

DeletedUser

What about making new group of faster worlds? Like W20-W23 or something like that. I just loved this worlds. I played on W22 and I am still angry on me, that I quit ...

There would probbably come back many people with same reason-to play on faster worlds (speed 2 or 2.5 ...) :icon_idea:

DeletedUser

What about making new group of faster worlds? Like W20-W23 or something like that. I just loved this worlds. I played on W22 and I am still angry on me, that I quit ...

There would probbably come back many people with same reason-to play on faster worlds (speed 2 or 2.5 ...) :icon_idea:

I love faster worlds

DeletedUser

Speed worlds are the faster worlds. They might consider something faster in the future but thats the whole point of speed worlds right now. If you weren't aware this game is FREE with the option of having premium. If I was a new player I wouldn't be spending any money to play the game when I am not sure if I want to stay.

Also yes the count is under 200k, but right before world 52 it was just over 180k now its almost back to 200k....hmm seems more like they have more players than less, unless I am doing my math wrong.

DeletedUser

Giraffe interesting about the beta , i hadnt heard that ,was any of it publicly reviewed ? Im curious of the feed back it recieved.If it was do you know of a link?

This is a link to the Beta, to the Beta forums and more specifically to the post detailing some of the up and coming changes to be made.

I am sure Morthy will make an announcement soon, as he did last time when the Beta reset, but they will be resetting the world on approximately the 19th Oct. If you are interested in pro-actively helping the game to develop and to help work out bugs its a very interesting world to play on.

Speed worlds are the faster worlds. They might consider something faster in the future but thats the whole point of speed worlds right now.

There is a massive difference between a 100 speed world or higher, where a bathroom break could cost you dearly, and a 2 or 3 speed world.

World 50 was a lot of fun being a speed 2 world, I think it is a good suggestions that having a few more worlds at this speed may prove to be popular. Who knows as well, W52 has been designed to make it easier for newer players to learn, and I believe W53 is supposed to be set up the other way so perhaps they will pop in a faster speed there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There is a massive difference between a 100 speed world or higher, where a bathroom break could cost you dearly, and a 2 or 3 speed world.

World 50 was a lot of fun being a speed 2 world, I think it is a good suggestions that having a few more worlds at this speed may prove to be popular. Who knows as well, W52 has been designed to make it easier for newer players to learn, and I believe W53 is supposed to be set up the other way so perhaps they will pop in a faster speed there.

Yes I know that and we do have worlds like that just not a ton of them. I don't think there is anything wrong with those speeds max I could ever see a normal world going is maybe 2.5-3 speed but anything higher just seems extreme. Yes world 53 is likely to be a faster world then some of the past few probably 1.5-2 again like 50.