Flaming manners

• Thread starter awesomedanishpastry
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I would just like to remind everyone that this space should actually be a nice place for everyone to visit AND post.

Some might consider these flaming wars fun, but honestly, that's no reason for them to be in every single thread and certainly not when the creator isn't a part of this little personal war.

So I want to ask for two things to be considered before every posts in the future.

1: Please consider others who go to see threads, if they will find your post useful (or maybe even offensive). If you don't think others will see it as useful, it's probably better to either alter it or not post it at all.

2: When you do get into these little flame wars, please resort only to game-based flames/insults. No one is interested in getting personal unless they've already lost the argument and then there is no reason to go on. It's also not very nice to be on the receiving end of a personal attack.

There is really no reason to air your dirty laundry here unless you want to hurt someone with it and if that is actually what you want then you should get punished for it, seeing as this is, after all, only a game. Otherwise, if you dislike someone and you find that you have nothing nice to say, it's better to just stay quiet.

I took the liberty of pulling out the good old rule book for these forums and they state this:

Personal insults are not allowed anywhere in this forum or in any ‘other’ private format. Please make sure that all insults or “flames” are strictly game-related. Any Real Life (RL) related insults will be strictly punished.

There is no way the moderators can be everywhere at once so I would like to ask all of you to make their job here easier too by not having to warn or infract you all the time for something that could have easily been avoided.

Thank you,

ADP (Nicole).

DeletedUser

I thoroughly agree with the read ADP. Its in ma siggeh again. :)

Matt.camb

While I enjoy seeing others arguing occasionally, after a page of 2 people going back and forth at it, it becomes too much.

If you don't have anything intelligent to say, don't say it. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

I agree as well. We can't forget that there are players of all ages in the game, no need to prove we're children by acting like them.

Flaming, quite frankly, just makes me want to stop reading the externals. I'd much rather see some thoughtful P'n'P, instead of finger pointing and name calling.

DeletedUser

It's always been my view that it's perfectly possible to have a good argument without ever resorting to flames, and keeping it up for a very long time without ever descending into Off-topic.

I'm glad to see that other users agree with me on this point. If I could moderate a forum in which everyone had this mentality, I would be a very happy mod indeed!

DeletedUser

So, I'm waiting to see how off topic this "Flaming Manners" post goes or how long it takes for actual flaming to start, anyone else waiting? :D

To keep on topic, yes, some of the flames have been getting ridiculous. Thank you for pointing out the basics so others can hopefully comprehend what is to be done and how far flaming should go.

DeletedUser

good on yer danish, best post you have ever made i think :) we've been told lol

DeletedUser

I'm glad to see that other users agree with me on this point. If I could moderate a forum in which everyone had this mentality, I would be a very happy mod indeed!

You will have nothing to do then i guess :icon_razz:

And a nice post Nic :) I disagree. jk :icon_razz: Whenever i flame i always do mix a bit of love in it :icon_redface: But yea it doesn't make sense to keep on arguing about a point when you clearly know yours is a lost cause or if the other person is :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

So, I'm waiting to see how off topic this "Flaming Manners" post goes or how long it takes for actual flaming to start, anyone else waiting? :D

If you start it, i end it :icon_razz:

I agree even tho i know who this thread was pointed at

DeletedUser

i think there are a number of people it could be aimed at tbh