Time to say goodbye

DeletedUser54315

As my account has finally left XXXX it is an appropriate time to bid farewell to you all. Unfortunately a promotion at work and a hectic family life has meant over the past few months my ability to be an effective member of the best tribe I have come across in TW has disappeared. Hopefully I gave a decent account of myself during my time with XXXX but I could never quite keep up with the relentless pace set by the likes of Sir Colbey and Terminator2010 and the other top guys in the tribe who relentlessly nobled enemy targets.

This post is very much a self indulgence on my part so please if you are not interested or couldn't care less just don't read it, but after 2 1/2 years, of which 2 were spent contributing to this forum I believe I have earned the right to say goodbye.

World 22 was my first world and for me it was a real voyage of discovery. It was great fun learning the game and interacting with friend and foe alike and I have wasted many a happy hour playing the game, using the forum and chatting on skype or in game mail. I have spoken to many people of all ages, some obnoxious, some arrogant, some deceitful but increasingly underneath all the smoke and mirrors most were decent people and good fun. Through my interactions with all of you and also those that have left, I have learned a lot about myself and human nature so I feel I leave TW a better, more rounded person than before (and thanks to Jonedcap I have also expanded my vocabulary!)

People say it is only a game, which of course it is, but the sense of achievement you get from a successful attacking or defensive operation is real and greatly impacted on my state of mind away from the game on any given day. At times I had a level of obsession close to that of Snaperay's and would often view reading the forum each day as the same as reading the morning papers to see what is going on in the world I live in.

Hopefully I have been honest and honorable in my dealings with you all and I have admitted when I've been wrong and have tried to take a balanced view wherever possible. I am sure I have offended and let down a few people on the way and to those I give my apologies but please note it was never done intentionally and those that know me would vouch for that.

It's been a lot of fun over the last few years and I will miss the people if not the daily chore. So good luck to you all, I have great admiration for those of you that are still going as the dedication and organisation required to be a continued success at this game is incredible and unfortunately for me, well out of my reach.

I have already said my goodbye's and given my thanks to those that I felt deserved it and I won't list them all here but I have to give a special mention to Mihajes and Jonedcap who contributed in a major way to my enjoyment of this game.

I doubt you will see me in another world as now I know how much time it takes to play successfully I know I cannot commit to it. However I will linger around these forums until the end of this world and if any of you play COD on the PS3 add me as a friend: Skinnywil, you will get plenty of kills as unfortunately I am not very good at that game either!

So thanks again and best wishes to all for the future.

Skinnywill

DeletedUser

It was good to of known you skinny and I hope that you enjoy your time away from Tribal Wars.

Take Care and all the best.

Kind Regards

cinders0407

DeletedUser

Its been great knowing you Skinny. I personally think you're one of the best posters here, not only have you been able to somehow prove me wrong when you have been opposing my arguments successfully (a hint to all those people that using more fire doesn't help), but you always have a balanced and calm view and don't go 'hgbhgjyytghgh' every time somebody decides to argue with you.

You will be missed. Please keep visiting the forums, though :D

Xbox > PS3 and Australia > England at cricket, though.

AndyJc

Good luck in proper life Skinny, sad loss for us saddo's who can't escape this just yet.

DeletedUser

Good luck in RL Skinny it has been a pleasure having you in XXXX

DeletedUser

May all your wishes come true skinny
You made this world a better place and I'm sure the same applies outside the game.

DeletedUser64592

you will be missed on the forums by many and in your tribe i am sure, i hope you still check in here from time to time.

DeletedUser94658

Well done Skinny, was a pleasure to have met you ingame. Good luck with it all and take care.

DeletedUser

goodbye

all the best in your new venture skinny was a pleasure to know you ingame

DeletedUser54315

Thanks for all the kind messages, you will still hear from me from time to time as I cannot let go completely!

DeletedUser

good luck skinny, im sure you will join me in keeping an eye on these forums from the shadows.

DeletedUser

Good luck skinny its been a pleasure having you on W22

Cheers in RL mate

DeletedUser

Good luck with RL mate,
its been a long hard game and you played it well