Killing the forum

DeletedUser

Just wondering this out loud ... but is it really so prudent to close two threads in a row with active contribution in a forum as dead as this? Soon we'll end up in w5 scenario's where the only thing keeping a thread going is the spam between moderators who once moderated/played that world and one of the 5 remaining players on that world who still visit the forum.

Seriously: what the hell was so wrong with the discussion in the two threads? If this forum wasn't appropriate couldn't you have moved the first thread to general? And the second thread - while obviously not practical in it's opening statement since forum mods can't play the world they mod - was not at all against the rules any more then the first was.

Once again though: closing a thread right after you post something that is guaranteed to elicit response is a good way for more of these threads to pop up. Which is why i'm doing this in public rather then via pm. More people are wondering the exact same thing so it'd be nice if you couldn't just post a reply and delete/lock this topic. Who knows, you may yet become the friendly neighbourhood mod.

DeletedUser80608

Maybe someone from higher up can tell us why this world is not yet to be closed?

KarmaX

It is a rule not to discuss about IG moderation in the forums. I think it'd be wise if we have a petition signed and mailed to the IG moderators instead of posting here in PnP. We can send a mass circular to all the top tribe's duke and they all can gain feedbacks form their tribe members and then everyone can submit those feedbacks to one person who will be responsible to mail the mods about.

That is just my thought.

DeletedUser

We aren't talking about ingame moderation. We are proposing the application of the half noble price rule for this world. I don't mind h0lly telling us it belongs in general. I don't mind him telling us he thinks it to be a stupid proposal. He is entitled to his own opinion as are we. But no forum rules were broken in the first thread. None were broken in the second thread (though wild did skirt them).

The main point i'm making here though is that they were active threads that were pretty innocuous. The reasoning for closing them seems pretty feeble to me. The second i can understand somewhat but he pretty much had it coming by closing the first. There is hardly any life on these forums. Pretty much 0 excitement or interesting threads. Any active thread should be welcomed if it's not against the rules. There is a blatantly irrational fear among the mods that any 'petition' will lead to anarchy and an undermining of their rule, or at least that's how it seems to me. One way communication seems to be sacred to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

posting on external has to do with forum mods:)
aproval of such problem depends on in game mods/morty.

DeletedUser

I see i see :icon_redface:

Number of players: 4.950

This is the number of players we have on 30. before i left 30 i was around 3-4 mil mark. now look at the stats below from w46. same speed etc.

August Players left: 4760

October Players left: 3367

W30 seems to be behind the dead worlds on killing the little ones lol

DeletedUser

There's only 1000 active players IMO. If you only have one village almost 2 years after the world opened you're either inactive or ignorant. It's funny to me that they would cater to these players instead of keeping the players who pay for premium happy.

It's bass-ackwards IMO.

Mick876

On w6 we wanted nobles reduced for a second time. We had a thread on PnP where the players and the mod of the world discussed it. You can find the thread Here.

I don't know how a mod can say the PnP is not a place to discuss these type of things, since this is a world matter surley on the world forum it can be debated?

Just my thoughts on it.

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
On w6 we wanted nobles reduced for a second time. We had a thread on PnP where the players and the mod of the world discussed it. You can find the thread Here.

I don't know how a mod can say the PnP is not a place to discuss these type of things, since this is a world matter surley on the world forum it can be debated?

Just my thoughts on it.

Easy. The world forums are inhabitated by the larger players who would of course want to close the world.

The newer ones, who basically do not have much of a chance. Still deserve that chance. Closing this world now would be robbing people from their chance of experiencing an older world.
A use for these new players would be morale bashers.
Invite a RL friend to come and join, support him, feed him res and teach him about the game.

Either way the PnP is not the place because this is a matter that affects the whole world, andthe whole world isn't posting in this thread. You can ask for support but it won't matter. Admins make the decisions sp admins are the people you should ask, not me the forummod, not the other users of this forum but an admin. Trough PM, a service request, IRC or Skype.

I'm stating examples and I do not expect replies to these examples. I'm just pointing out that not all new players are without a chance.

I myself restarted on W2 and 6 when it already had players over a few mill in points and I was rather succesfull until I quit again (Not nobled but quit.) Its viable with help.

Now I see that some people are finally understand why I lock these threads. Perhaps its time to work on some sort of PM to send to one of the admins?

I'll move this thread to GD, you can further discuss it there. It does not belong in the PnP but rather in the General area.
Do not insist that this ought to change though. I'll be the only one reading it and I can't do anything about it.

slates9

Holly, none of these have been directed at you, they've been directed at "the mods" which, everyone knows is not the forums mods, but the in-game mods. We know these forums get read and things get passed on. How are we supposed to voice our opinions as a whole rather then individual. I daresay half the support requests get read, replied & ignored.

As you say, maybe not everyone has said they want the world closed, but I can guarantee most do (Normal players) Can you (as a person, not a mod) Stop trying to defend smaller players who join now. I could understand this, were they to grow more then 1000 points. The majority do not, so therefore, they aren't "experiencing" an older world as you say they are doing.

DeletedUser

Just a suggestion from an X w30 player...

Why don't all you big tribes close to the rim have a noob party.. you all sign a cease fire for the mounth of december and anailate anyone in your K not in your tribe os under xx villages

Wont take long if you all do that :p

slates9

Already started sy :) How come the prompt to come see us? Missed us that much? :p

DeletedUser

First of: thanks for moving the thread. That is what i hope you'll do everytime a thread should be in general rather then PnP. More then enough players get confused about where to put things and even without confusion interpretations may differ. It seems to me that a forum mod is here to encourage a lively forum where people can speak their mind within the rules.

Easy. The world forums are inhabitated by the larger players who would of course want to close the world.

They are indeed. But then again: as you say the forum is only a place to discuss this and maybe show that there is a large majority among those 'established' players in this world pro a proposal. If the game admins then find that the idea has merit but they are unsure whether or not the smaller players agree they could always organise a survey ingame, no? Honestly: there is nothing stopping smaller players from opening their mouths on these forums - unless of course you lock the thread :icon_wink:

The newer ones, who basically do not have much of a chance. Still deserve that chance. Closing this world now would be robbing people from their chance of experiencing an older world.
A use for these new players would be morale bashers.
Invite a RL friend to come and join, support him, feed him res and teach him about the game.

Not to be a fuss, but:
1. if a RL friend comes to join i'd get him an account with 600 nobles on it and about 10 starting villages. I know of several such accounts whos owners i can get in touch with any such friend that might be inclined to join. And i'd clear barbs for him so he can grow fast making his own cluster as he goes along. If he'd prefer i could likely get him his choice between several 4 mil+ accounts. I'd be doing him a serious disfavour by making him build up a single village first and then making him mint coins to get anywhere near enough nobles to be of import on this world. Morale vs smaller players doesn't matter anymore for anyone above 3 mil. More then enough nukes to go around and pummel them to the ground. I did it at 2 mil, 4 mil and 6 mil. And i'll do it again now at 9 mil if one of them is stupid enough to noble where i want to expand or attack me (and if he keeps coming back i'll simply take all but one village and keep catting that to the ground. Doubt it'd be fun to play that way).

2. morale bashers were against the rules when i left TW several months ago. I've not read up on rule changes since then but i doubt that changed unless all of a sudden Morty had a serious change of hart.

3. if new players only have value to this world because they morale bash (against other new players no less :icon_rolleyes:) then why have them join here? It's only fun or usefull for accomplished players who have little to no time. Why would joining here in a world full of behemots be better for them then joining a new world or a world that's not quite as old as this one? There are tribes here owning nearly a fifth or a quarter of the world. That's no longer a world where new blood is welcomed with a new account. It's one where people are searching new blood only to replace players who quit their gigantic accounts so as to prevent them from going barb. And that "new" blood usually has to be pretty skilled to boot in order to get in.

Either way the PnP is not the place because this is a matter that affects the whole world, andthe whole world isn't posting in this thread. You can ask for support but it won't matter. Admins make the decisions sp admins are the people you should ask, not me the forummod, not the other users of this forum but an admin. Trough PM, a service request, IRC or Skype.

Can you show me a single thread where the entire world posts? I've not seen it in a single thread since i joined TW. Nor have i seen it in a single thread in any other game since joined the online gaming community in 98. Whether or not this is the best place to ask is a different thing from whether or not you should opt to close a thread or move it imo. I thank you for your advice as to where to go ask. I'm sure those who came up with the proposal will take it to hart and do as you suggest.

I'm stating examples and I do not expect replies to these examples. I'm just pointing out that not all new players are without a chance.

Seriously? You've been in TW a while at the very least. You honestly expect people not to reply to your points on a forum like this? Especially when they are about a topic that several of the "larger" players feel strongly about?

I myself restarted on W2 and 6 when it already had players over a few mill in points and I was rather succesfull until I quit again (Not nobled but quit.) Its viable with help.

A few mill and between 8 & 12 mil is a very big difference. How many players do you think join this world that actually have the kind of help you are talking about? A handful at the most i'd wager. Exceptions are no validation for the norm. They are just what the word says: exceptions. The vast majority of those newer players will fail miserably here. Mainly because large players and tribes tend to be very territorial and not to welcoming towards newbies.

I'll move this thread to GD, you can further discuss it there. It does not belong in the PnP but rather in the General area.
Do not insist that this ought to change though. I'll be the only one reading it and I can't do anything about it.

Thank you for moving.
However, i'm sure that people have the right to insist it should change in here. Whether or not that serves a purpose is doubtful, but that shouldn't stop people from posting imo.

Actually no it's not. IG moderation refers to specific players getting punished for their actions ingame. It is forbidden to discuss anything related to that on these forums. It is also forbidden to use this forum to slander the names of the ingame moderators or voice frustration at their policy of punishing. This - however - was a discussion about whether or not the W30 forum community feels that the "half price nobles" rule would be a good idea for W30. As such it is not forbidden on these forums. It merely was out of place in the PnP (though personally i disagree that it was, but that's h0lly's call).

DeletedUser

Heh... Seeing Baddie argue brings back memories. :icon_razz:

Seriously though man, it's good to see you on the forums again.

That said, while I understand where Holly is coming from, I have to go with Badlap on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i dont post to much the forum is dead any debate quashed any life quashed, as for the world well its not in the game makers will to half price the nobles as way to much pa to milk, a few ways of showing we the customer have power, cat every player to 80 pts that isnt really doing to much or will have a shape of the world then all dont renew our pa, £$ speaks

didnt spend 2 years here to be nannied paying well over £100 for the privalage of been treated like a child or sheep if we can show solidarity maybe the wake up call will be worth it but i reckon the magic hammer and blinkers will be the chosen method god forbid ...

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
First of: thanks for moving the thread. That is what i hope you'll do everytime a thread should be in general rather then PnP. More then enough players get confused about where to put things and even without confusion interpretations may differ. It seems to me that a forum mod is here to encourage a lively forum where people can speak their mind within the rules.

They are indeed. But then again: as you say the forum is only a place to discuss this and maybe show that there is a large majority among those 'established' players in this world pro a proposal. If the game admins then find that the idea has merit but they are unsure whether or not the smaller players agree they could always organise a survey ingame, no? Honestly: there is nothing stopping smaller players from opening their mouths on these forums - unless of course you lock the thread :icon_wink:

One problem with this Badlapje, why would the IG admins read this thread? You ought to perhaps link them to it. But then again when your linking them you might as well ask.
Of course they could do a survey, but if people keep posting on the forums rather then contacting them they wont. Morthy is a busy man, I doubt he reads every thread in every world.
They don't need to see a whole lot of players who want to close the world. They have their own standards probably from innogames which says whether or not a world is viable for closing.

Not to be a fuss, but:
1. if a RL friend comes to join i'd get him an account with 600 nobles on it and about 10 starting villages. I know of several such accounts whos owners i can get in touch with any such friend that might be inclined to join. And i'd clear barbs for him so he can grow fast making his own cluster as he goes along. If he'd prefer i could likely get him his choice between several 4 mil+ accounts. I'd be doing him a serious disfavour by making him build up a single village first and then making him mint coins to get anywhere near enough nobles to be of import on this world. Morale vs smaller players doesn't matter anymore for anyone above 3 mil. More then enough nukes to go around and pummel them to the ground. I did it at 2 mil, 4 mil and 6 mil. And i'll do it again now at 9 mil if one of them is stupid enough to noble where i want to expand or attack me (and if he keeps coming back i'll simply take all but one village and keep catting that to the ground. Doubt it'd be fun to play that way).

2. morale bashers were against the rules when i left TW several months ago. I've not read up on rule changes since then but i doubt that changed unless all of a sudden Morty had a serious change of hart.

3. if new players only have value to this world because they morale bash (against other new players no less :icon_rolleyes:) then why have them join here? It's only fun or usefull for accomplished players who have little to no time. Why would joining here in a world full of behemots be better for them then joining a new world or a world that's not quite as old as this one? There are tribes here owning nearly a fifth or a quarter of the world. That's no longer a world where new blood is welcomed with a new account. It's one where people are searching new blood only to replace players who quit their gigantic accounts so as to prevent them from going barb. And that "new" blood usually has to be pretty skilled to boot in order to get in.

I see you use the right words, such as usually. I did say that they were just examples. I'm saying its possible, not that its a great idea or world changing.
But those players joined, they might have even invested PP. So they're here and they might even expect to stay.
Others will be joining as well until one of you contacts an admin.

Can you show me a single thread where the entire world posts? I've not seen it in a single thread since i joined TW. Nor have i seen it in a single thread in any other game since joined the online gaming community in 98. Whether or not this is the best place to ask is a different thing from whether or not you should opt to close a thread or move it imo. I thank you for your advice as to where to go ask. I'm sure those who came up with the proposal will take it to hart and do as you suggest.

My point indeed. There is no thread where the entire world posts. So you can't make any decisions in these threads.

Seriously? You've been in TW a while at the very least. You honestly expect people not to reply to your points on a forum like this? Especially when they are about a topic that several of the "larger" players feel strongly about?

When I ask people not to reply it gives me the oppurtunity to not reply to their reply when they do. I replied to yours since it was well written. You know me better than this Badlapje.

A few mill and between 8 & 12 mil is a very big difference. How many players do you think join this world that actually have the kind of help you are talking about? A handful at the most i'd wager. Exceptions are no validation for the norm. They are just what the word says: exceptions. The vast majority of those newer players will fail miserably here. Mainly because large players and tribes tend to be very territorial and not to welcoming towards newbies.

Then those Handful will find a new spot in the world and the rest gets nobled out, whats the problem then? You just admitted that some might make it. So it is viable to leave the wolrd open however unlikely it is. People get tons of warnings before joining an older world. If they still continue they might be planning to succeed.

Thank you for moving.
However, i'm sure that people have the right to insist it should change in here. Whether or not that serves a purpose is doubtful, but that shouldn't stop people from posting imo.

You've got every right to insist, but it won't change anything. Which is why I made this thread GD so that it doesn't spam the PnP.

Actually no it's not. IG moderation refers to specific players getting punished for their actions ingame. It is forbidden to discuss anything related to that on these forums. It is also forbidden to use this forum to slander the names of the ingame moderators or voice frustration at their policy of punishing. This - however - was a discussion about whether or not the W30 forum community feels that the "half price nobles" rule would be a good idea for W30. As such it is not forbidden on these forums. It merely was out of place in the PnP (though personally i disagree that it was, but that's h0lly's call).

And your free to disagree.