?Do You Believe In God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

the quran's built on the foundations of two of those "made up religions".

Islam does not believe that the Old and New testament of the Bible is 'made up' to begin with. The Injeel was a revelation from God, and we believe that the Bible is but the corrupted form of the Injeel. Men through the ages, manipulated the Injeel to fit their own need and benefit.

DeletedUser

from still doesn't make sense, I didn't ask you for all fruits, I asked for one.

Name a fruit that bees eat from.

Not wasps, bees.

DeletedUser

FireBow, just out of curiosity, may I ask:

What is your definition of god? The way people of Islam believe their god to be? I mean, I believe Islam says that Allah has no form right? Where's the base for the definition?

DeletedUser92314

What is your definition of god? The way people of Islam believe their god to be? I mean, I believe Islam says that Allah has no form right? Where's the base for the definition?
your heart.

God isnt sth you feel, see or touch. you should feel the existence of God in your life. for me its just feeling i get in my heart. i always wonder there is something bigger than everything and everything happens for a reason.

DeletedUser

your heart.

God isnt sth you feel, see or touch. you should feel the existence of God in your life. for me its just feeling i get in my heart. i always wonder there is something bigger than everything and everything happens for a reason.

So god is the muscle that pumps blood though out your body?

DeletedUser

The basis of the concept of God in Islam can be found in the four verses of Sura Ikhlaas, Chapter No.112 in the Quran. Sura Ikhlaas(The Fidelity) was revealed when Muhammad(pbuh) was asked by the pagans of Makkah, "What is the lineage of your Lord? Is he made of gold or silver?"

The most concise definition of God in Islam is given in the four verses of Surah Ikhlas which is Chapter 112 of the Qur’an:

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only. "Allah, the Eternal, Absolute. "He begets not, nor is He begotten. And there is none like unto Him." [Al-Qur’an 112:1-4]

The word ‘As-samad’ is difficult to translate. It means ‘absolute existence’, which can be attributed only to Allah (swt), all other existence being temporal or conditional. It also means that Allah (swt) is not dependent on any person or thing, but all persons and things are dependent on Him.

DeletedUser

from still doesn't make sense, I didn't ask you for all fruits, I asked for one.

Name a fruit that bees eat from.

Not wasps, bees.

lt is to be noted that the Arabic word used (thamarat) does not refer to fruits such as apples, pears bananas etc. This type of fruit has a separate word (fakiha).The context also confirms this.
The sceptics did not realise this. Thus in this context the word (thamarat) refers to the fruit/produce from flowers rather than regular fruit (fakiha) that humans eat. Most flowers have nectar (grasses do not). So through the context we realise that “eat of all fruits” refers to eat from all plants containing nectar and/or pollen (i.e. any plant that contains bee food the bee can eat from it).
Nectar and pollen are “fruits”/produces from flowers/plants, thus the Quran is 100% accurate and the sceptics are being unreasonable again.
The verse (16:69) is not ordering the bees to eat all fruit, the understanding gained from the verse is quite simple; God simply inspires the bees to eat from a variety of flowers which contain fruit (nectar) which the bee can derive nutrition from (eat of all fruits, thamarat).

DeletedUser

rather begs the question why you didn't say that on the first time of asking.

Also why it's official translation in english versions is of fruits not produce or nectar, thats just misleading.

DeletedUser

That's why it's better to read the Quran in its pure and original Arabic language.

DeletedUser

I tend to think that if there is something us humans prbly wouldn't be able to begin to understand it and that anyone who says they do is just trying advice there views not whatever might be the words of godish figure.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That's why it's better to read the Quran in its pure and original Arabic language.
Pure and original...
And, also, you've just eliminated most of the world's population for understanding the Qu'ran. Only about 500 million total speak, or can read, Arabic.

DeletedUser

Okay, please show all the specific examples of where the Qu'ran predates current science and is definitely correct and not due to some obscure translation/ambiguity.

DeletedUser

but that would require me to learn arabic which would put me at the mercy of the translation from english to arabic which would be no better than now from arabic to english.

DeletedUser4596

but that would require me to learn arabic which would put me at the mercy of the translation from english to arabic which would be no better than now from arabic to english.

When you understand a language you don't translate, you know.

Okay, please show all the specific examples of where the Qu'ran predates current science and is definitely correct and not due to some obscure translation/ambiguity.

Search in this thread. "Water" should yield the first of a few.

DeletedUser

Got it. Now just remember your answer to my 2nd question regarding the new and unknown object.

In mathematics there is a theory known as ‘Theory of Probability’. If you have two options, out of which one is right, and one is wrong, the chances that you will chose the right one is half, i.e. one out of the two will be correct. You have 50% chances of being correct. Similarly if you toss a coin the chances that your guess will be correct is 50% (1 out of 2) i.e. 1/2. If you toss a coin the second time, the chances that you will be correct in the second toss is again 50% i.e. half. But the chances that you will be correct in both the tosses is half multiplied by half (1/2 x 1/2) which is equal to 1/4 i.e. 50% of 50% which is equal to 25%. If you toss a coin the third time, chances that you will be correct all three times is (1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2) that is 1/8 or 50% of 50% of 50% that is 12½%.

A dice has got six sides. If you throw a dice and guess any number between 1 to 6, the chances that your guess will be correct is 1/6. If you throw the dice the second time, the chances that your guess will be correct in both the throws is (1/6 x 1/6) which is equal to 1/36. If you throw the dice the third time, the chances that all your three guesses are correct is (1/6 x 1/6 x 1/6) is equal to 1/216 that is less than 0.5 %.

Let us apply this theory of probability to the Qur’an, and assume that a person has guessed all the information that is mentioned in the Qur’an which was unknown at that time. Let us discuss the probability of all the guesses being simultaneously correct.

At the time when the Qur’an was revealed, people couldn't prove that the world was not flat, there are several other options for the shape of the earth. It could be triangular, it could be quadrangular, flat, hexagonal, cylindrical, oval, spherical, etc. Lets assume there are about 30 different options for the shape of the earth. The Qur’an rightly says that the earth is geo-spherical, rather than just spherical. If it was a guess, the chances of the guess being correct is 1/30.

The light of the moon can be its own light or a reflected light. The Qur’an rightly says it is a reflected light. If it is a guess, the chances that it will be correct is 1/2 and the probability that both the guesses i.e the earth is spherical and the light of the moon is reflected light is 1/30 x 1/2 = 1/60.

Further, the Qur’an also mentions every living thing is made of water. Every living thing can be made up of either wood, stone, copper, aluminum, steel, silver, gold, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, oil, water, cement, concrete, etc. The options are say about 10,000. The Qur’an rightly says that everything is made up of water. If it is a guess, the chances that it will be correct is 1/10,000 and the probability of all the three guesses i.e. the earth is spherical, light of moon is reflected light and everything is created from water being correct is 1/30 x 1/2 x 1/10000 = 1/60,000 which is equal to about .0017%.

Edward Lorenz would be disappointed in your probability modelling, which can only be accurate if you were rolling dice and flipping a coin each time. :icon_neutral:

Furthermore, could you source each of these with the appropriate Qur'an verse please?

DeletedUser4596

Why demand the direct source? Especially for all? It is not that unreasonable to trust what he says about the content of a book. Demands for citation in forums like these should be used sparingly, for wild or rare-unheard of claims. It should not be used as a talking point. If you want a source: ask google "where in the quran does it say....".

Picking on the semantics of examples and points is childish aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.