Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallam

Update:

I know you may think that some of the rules do not make any sense but they are the rules so please follow them. I really don't want to punish people and indeed since I took over I have not infracted (I have warned) anyone on W35. I would like this to continue but in order for me to be nice to you, you have to be nice to me and follow the rules. That means especially no discussing bans/mod-bashing/swearing/double posting/going off topic/discussing sexual references/personal insults/etc..

Buck up a bit or you'll start seeing a side of me that I don't want to have to bring out. The forums will be a lot nicer for both of us (me and the w35 forum users) if we get along so step back in line.

I made a new thread for this for 2 reasons:

1) So you could discuss any queries and questions you may have with me
2) So you can have your input and argue your side of the case as well.

If you want to discuss any matter privately or something that isn't allowed to be posted on the forums, feel free to PM me.

Wallam

Mainly ban discussion/modbashing and a bit of double posting/offtopic & spam/personal insults.

DeletedUser

Can't we blame Forbes? :p I mean he is the spam king apparently.

DeletedUser

Can't we blame Forbes? :p I mean he is the spam king apparently.

Jake read wallam's post again about going off topic and then read your post. And see whether it is really appropriate or entirely on topic considering wallam is also unlikely to know forbes on w35 since he hasn't posted in about 5 years :icon_rolleyes:

As for me i am a refined character until i get distracted :icon_razz:

Wallam

And now this thread is going off-topic. I gave you this thread so you would have the chance to respond and fight your case, if you continue to go off-topic I will close it and then what could have been a sensible discussion and clarification will have been wasted.

There's 2 ways I can mod this forum, I'll leave it up to the content of your posts to decide which one you want me to use.

DeletedUser

Hello Wallam,

Please forgive me for my mistakes in the forums, I promise I do not intentionally break the forum rules. I understand this thread's purpose and respect it and you, could you either reply below or personal message me, or skype, telling me of which mistakes I may of made so I can either defend my case or learn from them.

DeletedUser

Sorry Wall :p I only made one small comment which wouldn't have affected anything if Huggies hadn't pointed out it was going off topic. Anyways, I'm trying not to get anymore infractions or warnings, please don't give me any ^^

King Sean04

I, King Sean04, will do my best to stay on topic, not to start flame wars, I will not swear and I will try to be a better forum personality (no promises on that one :icon_wink:)

DeletedUser

I, King Sean04, will do my best to stay on topic, not to start flame wars, I will not swear and I will try to be a better forum personality (no promises on that one :icon_wink:)
I'll try to stop having arguements with you because we derail topics rapidly. Can't promise anything but i'll try my best

kingjohan

I will also try to develop a better personality. I will try to flame less and discuss more (onT)

DeletedUser

I have many questions but since time is so scarce ill only ask a handful.

1)Why is it that the forum rules(most) are vague and why are their so many?

2)Why is it that a lot of the time infractions/penaltys/mandatory name changes are decided on simply by judgement calls from teens?

3)Is my first question against a current rule?

4) Is my second question against a current rule?

5)Are my 3rd abd 4th questions against a current rule?

Wallam

I have many questions but since time is so scarce ill only ask a handful.

1)Why is it that the forum rules(most) are vague and why are their so many?

2)Why is it that a lot of the time infractions/penaltys/mandatory name changes are decided on simply by judgement calls from teens?

3)Is my first question against a current rule?

4) Is my second question against a current rule?

5)Are my 3rd abd 4th questions against a current rule?

1) No idea, I do not write the rules, I just enforce them. However from what I have seen the vast majority of the rules make perfect sense and are there for good reasons. I suspect they are vague to stop people trying to get out of infractions, etc via loopholes.

2) Ultimately every infraction will be a judgment call by the moderator involved. As for the teens part all I can suggest is that computer games are generally played by teens that have more free time and less responsibilities such as families, etc compared to people from the older generation. However before hiring moderators, the TW team do have age restrictions so people too young cannot apply and also if they feel people would not be a good mod then they will not hire them. Ultimately there will be mistakes involved in moderation but that will always occur regardless of who is modding, whether they are 18 or 50.

3) I suppose it depends on how the moderator involved views the intent of your question. For me I would say that was asking clarification so I have no problem.

4) Again I suppose it depends on how the moderator involved views the intent of your question. For me I would say that was asking clarification but I have no problem.

5) No thats again a rule clarification.

DeletedUser

I'd like to ask a question, since I was rejected for being blogger because of a past ban...Will my slate ever be wiped clean? I admit what I said was wrong, even though it was misinterpreted, however if it will not be forgiven or forgotten it means I may as well not post on the externals because moderator's will always see me for a past mistake. Individual's learn from mistakes for the most part, my past record has been pretty clean, very few infractions and a ban and I am viewed as some kind of criminal because I strived to become someone with a position in a game I am passionate about.

So my question is...Do moderator's etc. believe a leapord can change it's spots or will myself and other's who buy premium points and spend hours on this game, giving you a job(not paid in money but in Pp's) always be treated as inferior's for mistakes we have made in the past?

DeletedUser

I'd like to ask the same question as Lee :) and these:

Does our amount of infractions and warnings change your opinion about us?

Did you ever get infracted/get a warning?

How much work is it to be a Mod?

Has TW affected your life?

:)

Wallam

- I don't hire people so I have no idea how it works, but personally I tend not to judge people based on their past posts.

- I dont look at the amount of infractions you have so no.

- Yes I have been infracted.

- Depends on the activity of your assigned forums.

- Of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.