The end of METAL

DeletedUser

I don’t really think I should be explaining this to the publics, but I will do so anyway and for the sake of me not wasting valuable time, this will also be another goodbye, one to METAL members.

When I joined this world, I wasn’t a new player, but I was a new leader, having only led once before and for a period of around 2 weeks. I was promptly overthrown that time as leader. This was around a year and a half ago in world 32 in a tribe that should be familiar to anyone who seriously played world 32: Hostile ([H]). There are several reasons for this, but the main reason was that I was not active enough, not proactive enough and didn’t deal with players well. In essence, I wasn’t good enough to lead a highly motivated top tribe. At the time, I was 15 and the internet bullying, to be frank that was what it was, from that escapade on skype and from my personal hotmail that put me off leading for over a year.

As for METAL, it was never meant to be a serious contender or even a top tribe, I created it as a one man tribe so I could, believe it or not, solo and talk idlely to some friends in the world. I was never ready to lead seriously. Around a week after the start of the world, a player in my area called snowplow wanted to join my one man tribe as we had become good friends. Granted, he was not a great player, not even a good one to be honest, but he was always eager and always up for the challenge. My soloing was going well and I was becoming one of the biggest players (with one exception, I will get to him later) in my area and as I talked to more players, they became interested in joining.

At the end of 2 weeks after snowplow first joined, METAL had around 14 members and was hardly in the top 20 tribes in K86, nevermind the world, we had our first war against Fate. The biggest player in my area was a player called purple bloxx. To put it the best way, he was what is known as a warmongerer and a man of action. He was exactly what METAL needed to progress as I was neither a warmongerer or a person of action. Thus came the METAL leadership of me and purple, the war duke and the diplomat.

I am never going to say that we were invincible, but in K86, we were a small but elite (relative to rim standards) tribe and miles ahead of our competition. We were the only tribe with offline sitting, the only tribe with people who were willing to teach, the tribe with the best players and the only tribe that used skype and t-trains and did proper operations. Needless to say, we beat the top tribe in K86 in 8 hours after declaring war on them. After another war that took around 3 days, we became top in K86 and have been top ever since.

Our next major event was a fight against REBS and it was a landmark because it was the best tribe we had fought so far and it was the first time METAL used the PnPs as a weapon of war. This brought about the introduction of the maps of the METAL like sea creature hilariously attacking other tribes on the maps as well as the witty PnPs designed by members of the tribe. We therefore got a reputation, despite being around rank 80 at the time, of being a bigmouthed ambitious tribe who fought against bigger tribes regularly. A lot of players and tribes knew the name METAL and I was starting to get known a little on the publics due to my postings.

One of the players who wrote to me about METAL was h0llyghost and I could talk about the METAL and Apathy relationship for a long time, but I am not going to. This is about METAL and METAL only. Anyway, our next major war was against Rally and was another success, causing, for a short amount of time until Apathy recruited ex-Rally members, METAL to become the top in K85. All this is all very well and saying, and to that point, METAL was going extremely well and was shaping up to be a great tribe. So when did it all change?

It had to have changed when me and purple got into an argument which caused him to be kicked from the tribe and rimmed. I talked a little about my partnership with him earlier, that he covered my deficiencies as a leader and I covered his. Unfortunately, I wasn’t covering his deficiencies well enough and he was pissing off a lot of members, to the point it was causing internal conflict. We got rid of him, to the much glee of many of the leaders in the area, including the leader of DNA who was scared shitless of him.

There was a problem therefore, that I no longer had anyone to cover my deficiencies as a leader and therefore I decided to promote thelordpegasus (ali), icequeen190 and jeaks4 to roles of power to consolidate that. METAL was going back on track, although never really recovering into that golden age where it was before, it was doing well against its opponents.

The next stage of METAL’s development was the war against purge, DNA and SS. METAL focused on purge and crushed the tribe, SS and DNA were taken out by swags recruitment button. It was around this time that Axte and METAL lost the little relationship they had. It wasn’t like our relationship was that great anyway, Axtes only reason for not attacking us was because there was no point to at the time.

Our relationship soured with axte when I firstly returned drunk home and spouted a load of BS to .sam. But the main blow came when I quoted .sam. on the public forums, something that he took huge offence to, as well as a statement in parentheses in a leaked mail in METAL leaked by a former member’s sitter about an idea to get DNA to attack axte and rid them of their villages in K87 and therefore lead us to a complete domination of that area.

After that war and after swag recruited. METAL had a huge problem of inactivity. Define huge you say? Huge being that a lot of the tribe were inactive or quit. METAL had 3 permasit accounts out of 20 members and a few more inactives on top of that. This made life very hard on the hardworking members. I therefore, to remediate that decided to recruit 3 more members to the tribe and internalled out the permasits as fast as I could.

By the time just before the NAP between Axte and METAL was broken, METAL was not a 22 man tribe, but a 10 man tribe for all intents and purposes, with those 10 doing the work for the rest. Moreover though, METAL only had 2 leaders active, me and Pegasus. The latter went AWOL on the first day of the war, leaving me to pick up the pieces. And there were a lot of pieces.

Because everyone relied on me to be their offline sitter, I was sitting around 8-9 accounts at one time. I tagged 3-4000 incomings throughout the last 3-4 days or so. Then Pegasus went and I had no-one to lean on, no-one to enact those ideas that I come up with whilst I have a shower or just before I go to sleep and no-one to get us into war mode. It was really therefore my fault that there was an underwhelming defence, I am not used to leading on my own, or infact leading at all and I apologise to all you members who I wasted their time on the game.

METAL was great fun, I had a great time leading you guys and you were seriously some of the best players I have come across in some cases. You will surely do well wherever you decide to move to and I see a lot of you becoming seriously strong players. I cannot say enough how much good times I had as a leader, not leading the ops or even winning the bucketload of fun wars we had, but more just speaking and getting to know ya all. The stuff like talking to you on skype, playing guys at chess, thinking out strategies and just messing around on the chats was as fun as playing the game and I just want to say that I really appreciate this.

I really want to go on and keep on leading, but I have to face the facts. METAL will never beat axte with me as leader, they will never beat axte with the 13-14 players they have playing. Axte is too good at exploiting the flaws in METAL defence and they know better than I do who are inactive and who are not easy targets. Axte aren’t an impossible tribe to beat, but with the level of activity we have as well as my inadequate leadership, we wont win without a drastic change.

I don’t believe that drastic change is there and therefore, without ruining your time on the world due to a false hope, I want to be able to give you all a chance. And that is why I am writing this today and I am writing not only my last major post on the publics, but my last major post as a leader of METAL and as a player of world 51 and tribal wars. I have always said that my gaming heart and soul is in METAL and that without METAL, I would feel a little heartbroken on TW. This is completely true and as METAL has started to disintegrate, a process only quickened by Axte, a part of my interest for world 51 and this game has started to fade away.

So, I ask all of you in METAL to remember what I taught you, and I am not talking about the strategies and whatnot. I am talking about having fun on this game as playing tribalwars is as much about what happens off the battlefield as on it. I am not talking about the public forums here, I am talking about getting to know people and making friends. I never played this game to win, but I ended up winning anyway, being able to meet and play with some great people. It was more than I ever wished for when I started this game a few years ago.

My last task as leader of METAL is to get you all into a decent tribe and I will complete this challenge. I know a lot of you guys want to join apathy and I want to make that happen but in the case that it doesn’t, I want to give you a decent home with decent leadership and players. After that, I have little purpose in this world and will delete my account. There is only one more thing I have to say and Im sorry this has been long, but its because its worth me explaining myself.

Thankyou METAL and thankyou world 51 (you know who you are), for making this game a good one. Wish you all the best in the future.

Your truly,

Ballistick – Leader of METAL

DeletedUser

I also am a busy person in real life with exams to do and universities to get into and this contributed to me quitting alot. I havent got time to lead a top tribe, not on my own and Im screwing over my mates if I say I can.

DeletedUser94957

1ST
(Besides your double post ftl)
I watched your tribe grow, and lately die.
gl irl.
hope you do better than you did towards the end here.
just remember always be wise in your decisions....
Edit: Drinking is bad. Drinking+Tw= Your tribe gets pwned

DeletedUser

I rarely drink mariah, but that convo was at 3am after I had just come back from a club wasted. Needless to say, my gift of the tongue disappeared then. I regret what I said then, but dont really regret the followup which really broke up the relationship. I stand to what I say, drunk or not. And METAL did go far, it came from a small tribe led by a nobody to a top 10 tribe. That in itself is an acchievement.

DeletedUser94957

I rarely drink mariah, but that convo was at 3am after I had just come back from a club wasted. Needless to say, my gift of the tongue disappeared then. I regret what I said then, but dont really regret the followup which really broke up the relationship. I stand to what I say, drunk or not. And METAL did go far, it came from a small tribe led by a nobody to a top 10 tribe. That in itself is an acchievement.

/insert "led by am excuse maker" after the second bold part pl0x

DeletedUser92806

wow!

Funny what things a drunk night out can do. Balli gets drunk, shouts on Sam. Sam changes strategy ( I would assume not because he offended for some language abuse, but because it probably means that Metal is about to turn diplo = Aphaty is about to turn diplo). So as Sam changes strategy including some academy making to counter Metal potential threat, I regroup our miniteam back from Sheeps to prepare for Metal.., Aphaty sure notices that, and sure enough - do change the diplo. Metal gets owned, and Axte is not doing so good at Sheeps front, since several leading members do something else. What will future bring to Aphaty we still dont know. I still am naive and hope they dont recrit at my doorstep.

All just because of a drink night out..

Hmm, I recently party 2-3 days a week somehow. Must watch my tongue triple time. A week ago was in cinema, night movie, Black Swan. Sure slightly drunk, really really loved the film. Shouted out loud in the end how cool it was. (drunk behave..). Next evening, in the same cinema auditorium, SAME raw I was sitting, just some 7 seats across, a man shot another man, because he was eating popcorn too loud and disturbing to enjoy Chaikowsky. The victim died, with his daughter next to him on the scene. The shooter was with university degree and overall not a slumtown gangsta or anything like that.

And I was shouting out loud there day before, leave alone popcorn eating.. Gee, what a drink behave can potentaly do.. must watch out..

Kudos to Balli for posting this farewell instead of wanishing in history as most people do. Immerse skill of typing long texts.

DeletedUser

Trust me boom. I would have smoothed it out if I wanted to. One of the things I am good at is smoothing this stuff over. I remember an early METAL fighting and losing against purple bloxx's fate (due to there being some weak players in that area). I am pretty sure that I talked purple bloxx into merging his tribe into mine and then becoming baron instead of duke, despite his tribe being bigger. But what I said whilst I was drunk was ultimately a harsh truth, one I tried to smooth over for the sake of axte-METAL relations for a long time. Therefore I chose to stick to the truth instead of sucking up to axte. As for the line of text, I checked in microsoft word, that block of text is 5 pages and 2000 words, I am even surpassing my normal standards.

As for vanishing in history? Who knows, maybe I will make history again.

DeletedUser

if spammer balistic are failing finally , we should expect apathy recruit metal refuges?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Too long for me to read.

but if spammer balistic are failing finally , we should expect apathy recruit metal refuges?

All depends really. METAL may choose to fight on its own minus me. One man is not a tribe. I think a few people are already choosing to continue fighting axte, though how that will go I dont know....

Wallam

And METAL did go far, it came from a small tribe led by a nobody to a top 10 tribe. That in itself is an acchievement.

Whilst thats true in a technical sense I wouldn't say it was because of overwhelming skill on METAL's part. All METAL did was manage to survive against some lower tribes that reading your post don't seem much competition if they gave up after 8 hours. When a decent tribe came along, bang everyone quit, or was inactive before then, etc and you fell and fell hard.

I have no idea about your skill in leading in-game but from what I have seen on the forums, you have had a vast overconfidence in the ability of people in METAL. You said yourself that you picked them up having never played with them and yet you seem to think they were the best tribe in the world. There were many times, I came away from reading the forums wondering how you could be so delusional, illustrated for example by this post:

goatrock - METAL
jagon01 - METAL
i will eat u - METAL
NightHawk56 - METAL
peacechaotic - METAL
icequeen190 - METAL
Alpha God - METAL
Gen0cyde - METAL
Rojo Diamond - METAL
TheLordPegasus - METAL
Baron EC - METAL
fuzzystud123 - METAL
South Sax - METAL
The Individual - METAL
GugaHC - METAL
jeaks4 - METAL
LordExecute - METAL
redfernj - METAL
MrRandomGuy - METAL

Every other person who posted in the thread had a mix of players from different tribes, yet apparently the best people all just happened to reside in metal, you just happened to be able to pick up the best 20 or so players that all just happened to start South East. :icon_rolleyes:

Obviously the skill of METAL was deftly illustrated by 10 inactives, the leader quitting 1 day into the war, and getting totally crushed by axte.

Like I said previously, I have no idea what your leading skills were like in game, although I am sure I could get a rough idea from talking to a couple friends that used to be in [H], although I appreciate you may have got better since then. In my eyes looking at it from the external perspective, your biggest flaw is thinking your tribe is vastly better than everyone else's which not only may alienate people but give you a rampant overconfidence.

I think this piece of humble pie you just received may well help you to become a better leader in the future, if you can learn from this experience.

Regardless, you gave an interesting perspective on the world and good luck in the future.

DeletedUser

I am proud of what I do. As for the dream team post, it was a sign of respect for my members. They arent the best players in world 51, but to me, as long as they are in METAL and working hard and doing their best, then they are on my dream team. You really just didnt get the point of that post at all. I never thought METAL was at all better than axte, would have been stupid to think so. For a tribe that is spread over 10 continents or so with that memberbase to pull from and the ability to place decent players from other worlds onto their accounts, of course we were never going to win on our own. I am proud of what I do and what I have accomplished. It may have not been as perfect as you had liked, but I had a laugh and great time, the members of METAL did, from what they have said to me, too...to me, thats enough to say we were a great tribe. If you thought that I thought METAL was the best tribe in terms of skill, you were sorely mistaken.

We had the same restrictions on skill as any other rim tribe. And, incase I have to point it out again, that post was no by means my true dream team, it was just a thanks to all of the guys there. METAL has been a dream...you obviously have a different definition of dream than me.

Infact, i have to double post. I have never said METAL is the best tribe, at least skillwise, in the world. I have never said I was a good leader. Infact I have always, if you read my posts, been adamant in me not being a good leader.

DeletedUser

This is the individual, former metal player. (quit)

This is a sad day, although i could see it coming..Balli started to get caught up in the propaganda, and started to lose his leading ability around the time that purple bloxx got kicked.

I always saw balli as a leader that always did the most professional decisions, but he started leading metal in the wrong way and became a victim of his own bad decisions.

It is sad because he was a very good leader, but the pressure of the leading a tribe is very big and alot often fall victim to it, so im not surprised.

Good luck in the future balli and it was fun in the earlier days before i lost interest.

DeletedUser

I needed that hypoagressiveness to rein me in. His immatureness and insensibility ironically made me mature and sensible and rational.

DeletedUser

I am proud of what I do. As for the dream team post, it was a sign of respect for my members. They arent the best players in world 51, but to me, as long as they are in METAL and working hard and doing their best, then they are on my dream team. You really just didnt get the point of that post at all. I never thought METAL was at all better than axte, would have been stupid to think so. For a tribe that is spread over 10 continents or so with that memberbase to pull from and the ability to place decent players from other worlds onto their accounts, of course we were never going to win on our own. I am proud of what I do and what I have accomplished. It may have not been as perfect as you had liked, but I had a laugh and great time, the members of METAL did, from what they have said to me, too...to me, thats enough to say we were a great tribe. If you thought that I thought METAL was the best tribe in terms of skill, you were sorely mistaken.

We had the same restrictions on skill as any other rim tribe. And, incase I have to point it out again, that post was no by means my true dream team, it was just a thanks to all of the guys there. METAL has been a dream...you obviously have a different definition of dream than me.

you are trying to satisfy YOURSELF with senseless excuses. it was "FUN" it was a "DREAM" i am "PROUD" of what i did

thats natural and is what most of failing people do - when they technically can't stand the enemy.

just like your favorite football team lose 5 to 0 and you say yourself "hey it was only a game" :lol::lol:

Wish you Luck in real life nemisis :) , AND I HOPE you give up making excuses . and learn from your mistakes.

DeletedUser

Well, I lost. I had a good game. Not excuses at all. This is a game, not real life. I can still have fun even if I lose. I play football as a hobby. I play a game, doesnt matter if we get drubbed at the end of the match, we still shake the opponents hand at the end of the game and as long as I get a touch of the ball and have some opportunities, then I am happy at that. I dont get that after 5-6 months of METAL mania, that I cant say that I had a good time leading METAL even though we lost without it coming as an excuse?