TW Now and Then

DeletedUser

I remember w17 being the first world where it was actually mandatory to use skype in a tribe that i joined. Before that it was MSN from world 7 to world 17 and before that there was public forumns and that was pretty much it

DeletedUser

Quite often on W4 we would have a mass msn chat, the first time i actually downloaded skype was actually for tw which i never used, i think that was world 37

DeletedUser

Scripts are not available to everyone, you need to pay for premium. Not everyone is in the situation where they can pay, not to play a game, but to enjoy some add-ons in a game and get an advantage. And yes it is possible to use scripts to an effect with premium, but let's be honest it is quite laborious to set up and is more of a nuisance than it is worth.

DeletedUser

There's an awful lot to read here so excuse me if I sound a bit like a broken record repeating things.

My first world was W2 but I mainly played in W4. Over the years, seeing things such as Paladins, Archers, Churches, Coins (as opposed to packets) and more, plus changes to premiums, one thing that has struck me more than anything else is that it seems this game has just plain gotten easier. Scripts, automatically timing trains (do they still have this rule in place?), changing how tribal diplomacy works -- all fundamental changes/adaptations that have made TWs much less about genuine skill and more about knowing which scripts to use and how to effectively co-play.

This works for me as I really don't have the time to commit like I used to, and it's a lot less of a burden for those of us who didn't have the advantage of premades, skype or anything of that sort when TWs first started. Setting an alarm for 4:30am to send off another noble train wasn't particularly enjoyable but it was part of the game. As the population grew so did the strategies, adding depth but also making it less user friendly. The gulf between the new players and the skilled players widened (not unlike the wealth gap), making it less likely for new players to stick around in the core. I suppose innogames had to level the proverbial point-and-click playing field to rectify the situation but as someone who originally had no benefits from in-game skill adjusting mechanics, I, like most of the older players at the time, protested each and every new move that we saw as a 'dumbing down' of the game.

Also: first post since May 7th, 2010. Hi.

DeletedUser

There's an awful lot to read here so excuse me if I sound a bit like a broken record repeating things.

My first world was W2 but I mainly played in W4. Over the years, seeing things such as Paladins, Archers, Churches, Coins (as opposed to packets) and more, plus changes to premiums, one thing that has struck me more than anything else is that it seems this game has just plain gotten easier. Scripts, automatically timing trains (do they still have this rule in place?), changing how tribal diplomacy works -- all fundamental changes/adaptations that have made TWs much less about genuine skill and more about knowing which scripts to use and how to effectively co-play.

This works for me as I really don't have the time to commit like I used to, and it's a lot less of a burden for those of us who didn't have the advantage of premades, skype or anything of that sort when TWs first started. Setting an alarm for 4:30am to send off another noble train wasn't particularly enjoyable but it was part of the game. As the population grew so did the strategies, adding depth but also making it less user friendly. The gulf between the new players and the skilled players widened (not unlike the wealth gap), making it less likely for new players to stick around in the core. I suppose innogames had to level the proverbial point-and-click playing field to rectify the situation but as someone who originally had no benefits from in-game skill adjusting mechanics, I, like most of the older players at the time, protested each and every new move that we saw as a 'dumbing down' of the game.

Also: first post since May 7th, 2010. Hi.

I agree with you there. Ive seen EVERY new addition that has been made to this game. And it is "Dumbing down" The game. Though, It does slightly help newer players, as it requires less skill to Succeed if you get the right scripts. The problem is a lot of "Top" tribes have scripts that have been made for them, And wont pass it on to newer players.

Though, I also have seen players ive never seen before "Win" worlds. Take for instance Lakewind W50. TBH, I had NEVER heard of him untill he took #1 of W50, and theres someone who was not known For playing a lot of worlds, pretty much taking and holding the #1 spot from more experienced players.

if given the chance, Noobs can really make a difference, All we need is another TeachU tribe with Great leaders/players to bring in a whoel new generation of "Good" Players.

DeletedUser

if given the chance, Noobs can really make a difference, All we need is another TeachU tribe with Great leaders/players to bring in a whoel new generation of "Good" Players.
I've been gone for a year and a half; I could certainly benefit from that hah.

DeletedUser

Theres just no Significant good leaders around anymore to successfully pull it off :(.

DeletedUser102661

I agree with having tribes to teach people and while i had quit at the time of TeachU from what i hear it wasnt as great a teaching tribe as propaganda has made out.
Granted i heard this from big egods players who might have simply wanted to brag to they taught themselves despite being in TeachU, but i have heard first hand accounts from players in there.

Also for the scripts thing, the only top tribe i can think that did that was Hate. world 32, they even got banned since they were clearing their scripts properly, but i should not comment as i do not know the full details.

But i have been in numerous rank 1 tribes and all were transparent with scripts and invited new players. Its a bad misconseption that "great" tribes are inclusive.

DeletedUser85953

16th October 2011 <- I joined. I think 4 or 5 days after the world started.
174 <- My current rank in the world.
I do not use premium yet.

So anyone can make it into the high ranks without Scripts and such, But scripts come in handy when you do not want to play all day sending out farming runs. Using scripts just allows you to have more free time.

As far as I know there is not script for "Make my axe's attack better" or "Allow me to noble this village with 1 noble".

So scripts are useful so you can have a life. :D

As for co-players. If you do away with co-players you will have have people perma sitting accounts during offline times. So rather than having 1 active account you will have 2. Means more newbies get farmed and do not come back to play.

:icon_twisted:

DeletedUser102661

So anyone can make it into the high ranks without Scripts and such, But scripts come in handy when you do not want to play all day sending out farming runs. Using scripts just allows you to have more free time.

As far as I know there is not script for "Make my axe's attack better" or "Allow me to noble this village with 1 noble".

So scripts are useful so you can have a life. :D

As for co-players. If you do away with co-players you will have have people perma sitting accounts during offline times. So rather than having 1 active account you will have 2. Means more newbies get farmed and do not come back to play.

Bro i hate to bring you down but.

A) that is no impressive
B) A lot of scripts can be run from bookmarks if you do not have prenium
C) If you dont want to use scripts its cool since its easy and efficient to bookmark for little or no effort.

So yeah.....

DeletedUser85953

Bro i hate to bring you down but.

A) that is no impressive
B) A lot of scripts can be run from bookmarks if you do not have prenium
C) If you dont want to use scripts its cool since its easy and efficient to bookmark for little or no effort.

So yeah.....

A) Yes it is. :D (Considering how many people start off with PP. And they had a 4 day head start!)
((Don't hate the player, hate the game))
B) I do not use bookmark farming.
C) I never said I didnt use them. Just not right now. I did add in that you can use scripts to make life easier. So you spend less time on TW.

Inactive100 said:

See :)

DeletedUser102661

A) Yes it is. :D (Considering how many people start off with PP. And they had a 4 day head start!)
((Don't hate the player, hate the game))
B) I do not use bookmark farming.
C) I never said I didnt use them. Just not right now. I did add in that you can use scripts to make life easier. So you spend less time on TW.

See :)

Oh no im not saying you claimed those things, just that to players who didnt know, your claim was not that impressive.

Dont hate the player hate the game, bro you are ranked 110 or something. I bet i will climp the rankings much than you after a 10 day late start....

DeletedUser85953

Oh no im not saying you claimed those things, just that to players who didnt know, your claim was not that impressive.

Dont hate the player hate the game, bro you are ranked 110 or something. I bet i will climp the rankings much than you after a 10 day late start....

Well it is a race then.

I still believe anyone, with PP or not can make it to the top of the world. You just have to put in more effort without PP.

DeletedUser102661

Well it is a race then.

I still believe anyone, with PP or not can make it to the top of the world. You just have to put in more effort without PP.
The extra effort is neglible since you rank run almost all prenium scripts off bookmarks. The only thing prem gets you is an extra boost coming out of bp where you can colour code inactives for faster farming. Although i might be lying now that farm assistant has come into playe.

In fact maybe you are right. AS for the race, i feel i should tell you i am going to be coplaying and using prem ( as i already have it active). But yeah whats a little friendly competition. Are you the same name ingame?

DeletedUser85953

The extra effort is neglible since you rank run almost all prenium scripts off bookmarks. The only thing prem gets you is an extra boost coming out of bp where you can colour code inactives for faster farming. Although i might be lying now that farm assistant has come into playe.

In fact maybe you are right. AS for the race, i feel i should tell you i am going to be coplaying and using prem ( as i already have it active). But yeah whats a little friendly competition. Are you the same name ingame?

Yup, same name.

As for farm assist, it only works on barbs, you cannot farm inactive players using it. So at the start of the game farm assist is nearly useless.
You can color code inactive players with PP. But if you know your area you can remember where they are without PP.
You can farm a bit faster with PP with using scripts, but some people get lax and do not check reports for villages with tons of res in them. So they just keep farming away using like 10 or 15 lc and never deplete the villages res. Allowing other people in the area to have farms to. (Im not saying most people do this, only some.)

PP is useful late game for tagging incoming attacks, mass recruiting and checking what buildings need to be built.
I have also found with PP that you farm a lot further out than without PP. I think its got to do with the villages you can see on your map.

Using perm should be a good judge with this.
We can compare your stats to mine once you have been on this world for as many days as I have.
Naturally it all depends on your area, barbs and bonus villages popping up but it will give people an idea of PP startup vs non PP startup. But it is not a perfect world.

I started on the 16th. By the 24th I was at 656 points. So 8 days.
You started on the 23rd. So we check your stats on the 31st. That will be 8 days.

DeletedUser

Theres just no Significant good leaders around anymore to successfully pull it off :(.

QFT! Whit all the assists leaders now have (noble planner, war thingy etc) it should be easier to lead, but the best leaders i know where all in worlds 1-20... what gives?

Rank 174 in a server that is filled whit step by step guides is not impressive. All you need to do is be online 24/7 and farm. Anyone can do it. Especially on the outer core.
If you have a good memory/descent math skills, then prem and non prem are as good as the same in startup imho
emmm...you still have to be at the computer and send out the farm raids

c bold

DeletedUser

QFT! Whit all the assists leaders now have (noble planner, war thingy etc) it should be easier to lead, but the best leaders i know where all in worlds 1-20... what gives?

c bold

i disagree with you, when you get your farming going the 5 buildings in quee are really useful, or you end up messing with your wh way to much for your own compfort

DeletedUser

Having been a player since world 1 thought i would add my input.

Things were defiantly more fun "back in the day" but i suspect that was because it was my first world and i had to learn things like don't attack with spears and swords :) also it was nice that it was simple too no scrips and nearly one really timed noble trains any better than 5-7 seconds either.

But there defiantly is a lot more skill now. I mean its just more competitive you have to do more to stay high on the leader boards, surly thats a good thing or at least it says something about the skills needed. Or at least the time spent unless you co-play. Its likely why i don't see many other world 1 vets around, they gave up when things actually progressed and got tougher. So i'm in favor of the scripts and anything else as long as its by the rules the harder it gets the better a player i will have to be to keep winning right.

DeletedUser

i disagree with you, when you get your farming going the 5 buildings in quee are really useful, or you end up messing with your wh way to much for your own compfort

True. i didn't think of that...my bad. Haven't played startup for aegis.