Grammer

DeletedUser8816

I'm really sorry to have to start a new thread but wth has happened to people's grammer....am i the only one finding it difficult to even understand half of what people are saying?? I'm either reading bad english or pirate...i mean, this is an english/american speaking game right??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8816

rofl...this is what happens when i get drunk i spell badly and moan, the post is however legible

DeletedUser

To be technically correct there are more than one form of English that is spoken. Each country has it's own flare upon the language and thus that is shown. So yes, we are all speaking English, however some are using their form of it. Have tolerance my friend or simply ignore it.

DeletedUser8816

rofl...this is what happens when i get drunk i spell badly and moan, the post is however legible (me hearty? :S)

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
To be technically correct there are more than one form of English that is spoken. Each country has it's own flare upon the language and thus that is shown. So yes, we are all speaking English, however some are using their form of it. Have tolerance my friend or simply ignore it.

Think he more means the people intentionally trolling by posting in broken English rather than anyone who just is typing poorly on accident.

DeletedUser8816

thank you alessoninpointwhoring

I'm not having a "go" at people with broken english, if thats your best, thats cool....but to speak in pirate...seriously??

DeletedUser

My reason still stands at "Tolerance" or "Ignoring" it. Trolls are gonna Troll, Haters are gonna Hate :)

DeletedUser

Just because someone knows English doesnt mean they have good grammar. I have been speaking/writing english my whole life and I still mess up..... Welcome to the world of a humanoid :)

DeletedUser8816

yes everyone messes us (look at the title of the thread lol) but as long as it's understandable....and im not a hater...im a relaxed guy....i wouldn't go to .fr or .cz and "hate" that i cant understand the language...im just saying, is it 100% neccersary to post as a pirate or purposefully use bad english?? Might just be me but it's getting quite annoying going through threads and just thinking to myself....wtf is this guy going on about :S lol

DeletedUser104043

I am Brazilian.

I speak Portuguese and some English.

I'm sorry if I ruin a grammar a bit, learned this language in three years, is not so easy to learn, the more you want to see you even try to speak Portuguese in three years.

DeletedUser8816

im not gonna keep repeating myself...what part of as long as it's ledgible and it's you best attempt dont you get??

Your post is fine...im talking about the posts that use numbers and god knows what else

DeletedUser101448

thank you alessoninpointwhoring

I'm not having a "go" at people with broken english, if thats your best, thats cool....but to speak in pirate...seriously??

I don't understand the whining over him speaking in pirate(if I am correct at who you are speaking of, which I am sure of, as he is the only one who writes like a pirate.)
In my opinion it's a good idea, why? Because it forces people to read what you're saying, rather than skimming over it. Even if it's the extra one or two seconds, most people will remember the post. And, also, it makes people remember you, whether it's "hey, remember that annoying pirate guy?" or not, they'll remember.

I see no reasoning for it to stop.

DeletedUser

yes everyone messes us (look at the title of the thread lol) but as long as it's understandable....and im not a hater...im a relaxed guy....i wouldn't go to .fr or .cz and "hate" that i cant understand the language...im just saying, is it 100% neccersary to post as a pirate or purposefully use bad english?? Might just be me but it's getting quite annoying going through threads and just thinking to myself....wtf is this guy going on about :S lol
Technically all "pirates" do is drop a letter here and there and replace it with an ' like this for example;
Ye be 'ere now if it were up t' me.

DeletedUser8816

a very valid point....except i cant remember anything he said or his forum name as i skipped it whenever i saw it...i remember the names of people who have actually contributed something to the conversation....

DeletedUser8816

also....please translate:

Herro I am fram Grorious Nippon, you Chincheese stinking pig huerhuerhuer

DeletedUser101448

a very valid point....except i cant remember anything he said or his forum name as i skipped it whenever i saw it...i remember the names of people who have actually contributed something to the conversation....

Than that was your decision, yet if he had contributed something you would not know, thus you are forced to read or to assume he contributed nothing, the latter being unfair, as you didn't read the post. Pirate writing is not hard to read, so I still don't see the problem with it.

DeletedUser8816

thanks..though i have no idea how you know thats netherlands :S