Nobles Are Out!

• Thread starter ALessonInNauzhroring
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Your ego doesn't deserve to be rubbed with growth as slow as that.

What my ego has to do with the way I play, I do not know.
However, it's been a long while since I've played with anybody experienced. You can't expect everybody to play to an exceptional standard when they've nowhere to draw from?
I'm coping, and I'll improve.

Now seriously, shut up and feed my ego.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
What my ego has to do with the way I play, I do not know.
However, it's been a long while since I've played with anybody experienced. You can't expect everybody to play to an exceptional standard when they've nowhere to draw from?
I'm coping, and I'll improve.

Now seriously, shut up and feed my ego.

The name of this thread is "Nobles are out." and from the looks of things you're still a good 5 years from reaching nobles. As such, why the hell would you be the topic of discussion?

DeletedUser

The name of this thread is "Nobles are out." and from the looks of things you're still a good 5 years from reaching nobles. As such, why the hell would you be the topic of discussion?

I think we're lacking in communication here. I'm not asking anybody to mention nobles, or anything about nobles in alignment with me.
I was merely (sarcastically) suggesting that my ego gets fed, in order to imply that there are too many huge egos in this topic.
It was merely an observation, nothing more or less than that.

I think 5 years is a bit over-dramatic. But once again Nauz', reign in that ego. Please?
The fact that you consider yourself so much better than others for the simple fact that you are better at the game is laughable.
You have a large wealth of experience in comparison to me.
Not that I'm not willing to learn, I've just never found a 'tutor', so all I know is pretty much self-taught, with the odd brief explanation from other players.

Additionally, yes, the topic is about the nobles being 'out', right?
So why are you the topic of discussion almost throughout this entire post, considering you don't (or didn't) have nobles.
For such an intelligent person, you suffer from a lack of logistic thinking.

DeletedUser

The fact that you consider yourself so much better than others for the simple fact that you are better at the game is laughable.

Nauz is quite a down-to-earth person actually, as in, when you speak to him about things that are not necessarily related to the game. So, I would rephrase this point to:

"The fact that you consider yourself so much better than others at this game for the simple fact that you are better at the game"

...which seems perfectly reasonable, no?

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Additionally, yes, the topic is about the nobles being 'out', right?
So why are you the topic of discussion almost throughout this entire post, considering you don't (or didn't) have nobles.

No, I commented on why I thought BeautifulDestruction had nobled poorly and then compared it to my own experiences so as to show why I thought they had noble rushed poorly.

Not to mention they haven't raised their farm in 6 days. No, not a typo, 6, their sitting 3 farm levels behind where some of the other top accounts are. That's a huge gap. As such criticizing them for it tends to make sense to me.

DeletedUser

Nauz is quite a down-to-earth person actually, as in, when you speak to him about things that are not necessarily related to the game. So, I would rephrase this point to:

"The fact that you consider yourself so much better than others at this game for the simple fact that you are better at the game"

...which seems perfectly reasonable, no?

Oh I don't dispute that he is. But no, that isn't what I mean. I've not had the chance to speak to him directly, or at length. But the simple fact that he appeared condescending because I don't know as much as him, gave me the impression that he's a bit of a.. Well, let's just say not somebody I would get on with. Although I've been informed otherwise.

No, I commented on why I thought BeautifulDestruction had nobled poorly and then compared it to my own experiences so as to show why I thought they had noble rushed poorly.

Not to mention they haven't raised their farm in 6 days. No, not a typo, 6, their sitting 3 farm levels behind where some of the other top accounts are. That's a huge gap. As such criticizing them for it tends to make sense to me.

I understand that. But it's almost a carbon copy of so many other posts I've seen you make.
Lacking in diversity.
I don't doubt your experiences, but I also think you think a lot of yourself, game-wise (which you have every reason to), but then use that as a weapon anyway. I have no grudge with you, I just think that with your vast experience, it'd be a lot more prudent to teach people, rather than mock them openly.

I'm also not saying you don't help people. But you do openly mock them.

DeletedUser

I understand that. But it's almost a carbon copy of so many other posts I've seen you make.
Lacking in diversity.
I don't doubt your experiences, but I also think you think a lot of yourself, game-wise (which you have every reason to), but then use that as a weapon anyway. I have no grudge with you, I just think that with your vast experience, it'd be a lot more prudent to teach people, rather than mock them openly.

He doesn't need to change his posts as often similar posts always answer or correct the same questions that come up every single world...

He has taught plenty of people, myself included, though I feel I knew most game tactics by the time I spoke with Nauz but he was still able to give me additional tips and hints. Heck the guy doesn't even like me, yet still provides insight and help where I need it.

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Why do people type in silly colours and fonts? It makes me far less inclined to read what you type.

DeletedUser

Maybe they need a colour to make them stand out from other posts without having to increase the standard of content of their post.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Lacking in diversity.

I mock people most definitely, but only when I feel they deserve it. And the key to whether I think they deserve it is their personality not their abilities.

ie. I have never mocked a newbie that asked a question.

I have most definitely mocked people that posted as if they were a great player yet lacked the ability to actually back up their boasts or claims.

Kash2Smash

I'm also not saying you don't help people. But you do openly mock them. [/i]

not saying that he does or doesnt, but then again, the simple act of mocking is just part of being in the forums :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I mock people most definitely, but only when I feel they deserve it. And the key to whether I think they deserve it is their personality not their abilities.

ie. I have never mocked a newbie that asked a question.

I have most definitely mocked people that posted as if they were a great player yet lacked the ability to actually back up their boasts or claims.

You mock me, but I know I'm not amazing. Was Tammy's recent noble tactical?

Nudist

urgh, don't remind me. Such children we were...

therin! another old friend :)

On topic: can someone explain to me how people can think it's a good idea to noble a 150pt barb for their second village? that is the best way to fall behind. Makes me so sad to see.