The reason why we don't get many new TW players...

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I think that sending the restart mail is a damn good thing and very fair warning from co-payed accounts.

All the expert profiles with multiple owners should actually do this as a rule as it is the kindest way of informing new players that they are wasting their time even trying to play it alone.

I think the message should include a warning to get another few players on the profile so that you can play 24 hours a day. Or do not even bother restarting.

Dont believe that TW is really shrinking...I think we simply have less profiles and not necessarily less players... unfortunately this also means we have less premium accounts so maybe less income from new worlds.

Maybe TW will also wake up and see the need for a normal world with locked tribes, sleep time and no co-play profiles allowed.

DeletedUser2578

kindest way of informing new players that they are wasting their time

Like I said, this isn't a game anymore, it's who's got the most people on one account and with the most hacker skilz.
The ones who play seriously, are taking it TOO seriously.

DeletedUser

Like I said, this isn't a game anymore, it's who's got the most people on one account and with the most hacker skilz.
Is this a serious post? :icon_eek:

Areyaen

sorry? your just not serious enough? play a game to win... not waste time... I don't pull out a chess board just to set it up?... why would anyone log in to waste time to lose?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Restart mails are (as most of you probably knows already) a way to get easy farms at start up stage without having to loose unnecessary amount of farming troops. Some use this to the intimidate newcomers/less active players to give up their vills and use their troops to clear instead actual threats and farming competition in near area.

Subwind should not have any second thoughts at all in my opinion regarding sending out restart mails. He uses his time constructive and is an efficient farmer/player. At start up, Lakewind account would simply have higher chanse to avoid getting cleared by any newer player and increase troopswise enough to get ahead and handle any threat at catting stage (I exclude the possibility of having a really bad luck at start up in order to get to my point faster). So there is no harm done in stating the obvious; if you are not confident in matching that account, there is no reason wasting time in being outplayed. The restart mail in that situation can`t be seen as something the threads headline states.

I am far from being the most skilled or experienced player around but my humble personal advise in a getting restart mail/threat/advice is to getting an hold of a more experienced player than you if you are unsure about what to do for advisory. A quick check out on the senders background and location is also an idea.

Having co players is an advantage but it is not gonna necessarily lead to success. There are several single played accounts who are doing well with only being sat from time to time. I personally would prefer settings which made it possible to log in from your own country only to even up the odds between newer single player accounts and experienced multi played such. Anyone who is willing to increase their skill can do so as most of the knowledge and tools are easy to find for anyone interested. There are always players who are willing to answer questions at the forums. But not everyone are willing to play at co played accounts or wants to be online more than a regular person with various real life commitments should.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Interesting conversation.

You both have valid points Subwind and Blind Savior. It is of course easier to grow quicker if you don't have to handle/clear those players around you. I'm an aggressive player myself and I sometimes regret being so aggressive in the beginning. It keeps the villas small so you have to do the hard work yourself to build them up. The same applies of course to the villas of players who restart after getting the (by now) famous mail of Subwind :icon_wink:

Farming them is one thing, cluster building another.

My best moves in previous worlds were letting a couple of near players build up the villa, build a significant army myself, clear and noble it. Especially when you notice that the player is getting near the noble stage. In number of rez lost building and losing that army pays off by getting a near ready villa in exchange. I'm talking the startup phase here, later in the game this strategy becomes utterly useless.

For newcomers the best advice is simple and strait forward. Wait a couple of weeks to start. Active and top players usually start shortly after the world starts and get to occupy the center. On the other hand, this could be a good idea for experienced players too for it is usually easier to gain ground with late starters around you. Some do and get top 20 in a couple of months. And unstoppable for they don't have to handle so many skilled players around them.

As said a million times before: it's all matter of strategy and time management.

DeletedUser94483

I think...just for fun since I do not send these mails often at the next start up world during pre reg...I will mail every account in pre reg 1 hour before start of world telling them they started to close to me they need to restart...hmm

DeletedUser

meh i got a restart message, i just see it as a bit of fun. in return i messaged the guy a few times to see how true his claim was about being a 24/7 account. he does not scare me since he's a distance away for one, and i'm active enough to react to any of his attacks.

the point is, even if you're a newb, don't be intimidated by these messages, see it as a great way to learn. i'd suggest you stay and fight since after all it is a war game, and i'm incredibly disappointed that you lot have overlooked that key point. even if you only get up to 400 points then get farmed to the point of needing to restart, how is that a waste of time? least you're playing the game the way it's meant to be, and also it's great fun being under attack, and attacking back. i'd much rather be in an area where people put up a fight, than resort to what i see is a pathetic move and send out restart messages. it's just the sender opting for an easy life, and if the receiver of the letter restarts they're just as bad.

DeletedUser

Well B.M.A you are learning fast. You say exactly what I believe. And get something like a counter strike to name it differently and you are perfectly ok.

It would be nice that the requesting person can give you good advice from time to time. If restarting after a request, it's a gentleman thing to do. I would if I could, but i want to keep myself hidden until top 20 ;)

I wonder: what does Skinrender on world 66. why'd i come back? :-( mean? Shortly, we don't want to get off topic.

DeletedUser

If you are a new player I strongly advise you to read this post.

I started on w64 and had absolutely no idea how this games runs but nevertheless managed to survive in contrast to the overwhelming majority of the fresh starters. The first thing I did shortly after my registration was to ask all surrounding players for a personal NAP (I didn't know what farming is :lol:) which the majority accepted. I found the game interesting and became really active although I was fairly inefficient due to the lack of experience. I joined the tribe of a young guy and by the time we reached ~10 members the strongest tribe on the continent(mass recruiters) decided to take us out. Almost all members of my tribe got cleared but I didn't. That tribe kept attacking us virtually preventing my tribe mates from achieving even a small growth. As a result they decided to restart together. I made a desparate attempt to make them stay by attacking all enemies in proximity. TBH, I've used tribalwarsmap.com to determine their timezones, so I catch them unprepared. Surprisingly, I cleared them all and that convinced my tribe mates to stay. The mass recruiters leadership got mad and decided to eliminate me. They attempted a gang bang which was likely to succeed cause I was utterly offensive and my tribe mates were too exhausted to support me. Remember those personal NAPs I signed?:icon_wink: Well, most of them were defensive players and one guy supported my village. The outcome: I killed all their troops without having defence :) When we were 20(they were 40+) we controlled a bigger area than them and you can guess what happened later. When they fell apart some of their strongest members joined us.

The tribe that benefited from the conflict was the leading tribe on K46(we were on K47). They nobled several of our enemies and it was my turn cause my village was village was close to the border and the biggest one in the area. Their tribe leader sent a noble train after asking one of our ex enemies(who was in my friend list for some reason) to scout my villages. He had level 3 scouts and saw all my troops in my main and my second village. I had a small number of def. troops in my second village (no more than 500) which were absolutely not enough to stop him. He sent a nuke and a half. When I logged in and saw 5+ incommings from this guy my initial thought was that I had a narrow escape several times but this is really the end. Anyway, I asked for support all guys in my 7x7 area and the majority of them sent me all def. troops they had. And here comes the funny part. That guy sent me a message asking me to restart against a promise "to teach me playing." I firmy rejected and told him even though I realise I don't stand a chance I'll do my utmost to make his losses as big as possible. He got a bit concerned and several of his tribe mates attacked me as his morale bashers to ensure his success. Meanwhile, the news that he is attacking me spread fast and the guys around me who weren't my friends (none of them a tribe mate) sent me their entire defence. About 2h before the attack I told him that I was just winning time and never had the intention to surrender as I have made him think. He angrily started accusing me of being dishonest and unmoral. When I told him that I had 5k sw and sp and I'm gonna defend the village no matter what he got panicked and tried to scout me in order to find out the truth but of course all his scouts died. Realising that he is gonna lose all he has and a TOP player (alledged world winner candidate using premium, bots, scripts, co-playing, account sitting, 24/7 online etc) is going to be anihiliated by a totally unexperienced guy, he was on the edge of a nervous breakdown. He was literally begging me to restart. The defence was successful and I became a defender of the day. Not that bad for a noob. After he was fully anihilated he decided to merge account with the other very strong member of his tribe. Once the merge was almost competed he changed the password of the other guy but forget that it is being automatically sent to the email of the account owner. This is how he got busted. BTW, they have co-played knowing each other's password which according to the rules deserves a ban but none of them received it. He claimed that one of the admins was his friend and will never get banned.

To summarise:
1. Go offensive! Offense is the best defence! You can't win a long term conflict fortifying yourself cause the defensive troops have considerably smaller farming potential.
2. Make sure you read this guide
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?137637-Guide-From-HQ1-gt-500-Villages
and follow it no matter how strange and illogical you find it
3. Offensive doesn't mean agressive, especially overagressive. Wait for the right moment to strike. Your early strategy should be divide and conquer. Be patient and wait for the right moment to attack.
4. Make some friends and be there for them when they need you. It won't hurt you. Ofc. that doesn't mean you have to sacrifice yourself for some retards.
5. Use twstats and tribalwarsmap
6. FARM as much as possible. The best farming unit is LC. Read the farming guides. Consider paying for Farm Assistant. It's really cheap and useful.
7. Keep your points as low as possibe and your troops to points ratio as high as possible.
8. Don't join mass recruiters.
9. Never let an alledged stronger and more experienced player to dictate you what to do. Even if he nobles you(let's be honest, such a thing is likely to happen), just restart but give him a hard time so he takes big losses.
10. Never underestimate another player!
11. This one is really important - never beg for mercy and never give up.
12. Have fun and never take things personally.

Following these tips your chances of survival are considerably higher.
I have had two accounts so far and have never been nobled! The second account was K48's topscorer and I was more than twice the size of the 2nd strongest player who had just won an older world :)

DeletedUser

I gpt this lol

HEY THERE AM LOOKING FOR ACTIVE MEMBERS THAT KNOW HOW TO FARM NO REFUGEES NO PUSSY WHOLES PEOPLE THAYT KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE FAME AND I SEE WERRE PRETTY CLOSE TO THE POINT WOULD YOU CONSIDER JOINING ME TO BECOME EVERYTHING EVERYWERE

DeletedUser

Keep your points as low as possible? Please explain your thinking behind this

DeletedUser

Yeah... I was seeing the same thing and while I was scratching my head in confusion you beat me to the question...

What Ajax said...:icon_eek:

DeletedUser

I really enjoy helping out new players (for example, my guide library) so I couldn't help but respond to the above wall of text. Everything's in a spoiler for brevity.

[spoil]
1. Go offensive! Offense is the best defence! You can't win a long term conflict fortifying yourself cause the defensive troops have considerably smaller farming potential.
2. Make sure you read this guide
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?137637-Guide-From-HQ1-gt-500-Villages
and follow it no matter how strange and illogical you find it
3. Offensive doesn't mean agressive, especially overagressive. Wait for the right moment to strike. Your early strategy should be divide and conquer. Be patient and wait for the right moment to attack.
4. Make some friends and be there for them when they need you. It won't hurt you. Ofc. that doesn't mean you have to sacrifice yourself for some retards.
5. Use twstats and tribalwarsmap
6. FARM as much as possible. The best farming unit is LC. Read the farming guides. Consider paying for Farm Assistant. It's really cheap and useful.
7. Keep your points as low as possibe and your troops to points ratio as high as possible.
8. Don't join mass recruiters.
9. Never let an alledged stronger and more experienced player to dictate you what to do. Even if he nobles you(let's be honest, such a thing is likely to happen), just restart but give him a hard time so he takes big losses.
10. Never underestimate another player!
11. This one is really important - never beg for mercy and never give up.
12. Have fun and never take things personally.

1. Can't really disagree with that, though IMO if you're in a tribe you should have some defense to help out others in your tribe.
2. That is a terrible guide; I removed it from my guide library because it was misleading and out of date. I suggest you take a look at my guide library and use some of the startup guides there instead.
3. To add to that, make sure to dodge any attack you aren't sure you can kill. There's no point in losing troops if it won't achieve anything.
4. I would say if you like your tribe, be willing to sacrifice your account for others in your tribe. You can always take over an inactive account or coplay someone, a good tribe is harder to rebuild.
5. If you're really serious about this game, also get premium and learn to use scripts. Your efficiency will increase dramatically.
6. There are better farming methods than Farm Assistant. FA is convenient but inefficient (plus it costs extra money). Bookmark farming and scripts (tribalwarsfarmreport is one of the best scripts) can achieve better results than FA. I think bookmark farming works without premium; I don't know though as I've honestly never tried to seriously farm without premium.
7. Ignore points and troops to point ratios. They are both misleading. There are much better statistics, TWstats and TWmap provide many of them.
8. There's no problem with mass-recruiting tribes if they're all you can join. If you can get into something better, though, do it.
9. There are some situations where doing what these people say you should do benefits you as well. However, it won't necessarily benefit you, and it will always benefit them in some way.
10. Always assume another player is better than you until proven otherwise. Even then, treat them with respect.
11. There is nothing wrong with a strategic retreat to save yourself. Nobody cares about your dignity anyway, except those who seek to destroy it.
12. Almost everything here is in the spirit of the game. So yes, take none of it seriously.

Some extra notes:
- Make sure you read the rules in their entirety (also those for the forums). I know people like to click "Agree" and move on, thinking we've heard it all before, but there's some shit in there people don't always expect. I can't count the number of times I've infracted people because they never bothered to read the rules.
- Somewhat relatedly, don't be afraid of the big bad moderator. We're all quite friendly, we don't bite (except jirki, watch out for him :icon_razz:). If you ever have a question you want answered feel free to send in a ticket or forum PM a mod. We're happy to answer questions.
- I have a library full of useful guides, linked in my signature below. I don't get anything from you using it, just the satisfaction of having helped someone out. Make sure to check it out if you ever want some help with TW.[/spoil]

Feel free to point out any inconsistencies/inaccuracies you see in here, by the way. I won't be offended.

DeletedUser54418

I think that sending the restart mail is a damn good thing and very fair warning from co-payed accounts.

All the expert profiles with multiple owners should actually do this as a rule as it is the kindest way of informing new players that they are wasting their time even trying to play it alone.

I think the message should include a warning to get another few players on the profile so that you can play 24 hours a day. Or do not even bother restarting.

Dont believe that TW is really shrinking...I think we simply have less profiles and not necessarily less players... unfortunately this also means we have less premium accounts so maybe less income from new worlds.

Maybe TW will also wake up and see the need for a normal world with locked tribes, sleep time and no co-play profiles allowed.

I think it would be fun to do just because it would be a change of pace. But how would you do sleep time with people that play at all times around the world? If I am in the USA and you are in Japan, and sleep time is when you normally play, that is not fair to you.

DeletedUser54418

I think translating noob into english that he means keep your points low relative to your amount of troops. Don't build buildings that you don't need. That is what I got out of it anyway.

carriestupidhead

I am still scratching my head as to why this topic is sparking such a lengthy conversation lol...

This is a war game. This to me means that anything you can do to better your position here is fair game. Of course there are risks to any move in this game, it may backfire causing everyone to plot against you but that's all a part of the fun of a war game... or you just get a few more farms during BP (which we all can appreciate I'm sure).

There's nothing underhanded about this tactic so, if you find it to be to your style, it's just smart.

Michael Corleone.

I think restart mails are vastly overrated and stupid. I've seen way too many decent players get gangbanged because they went way over their head and either their neighbors teamed up against them, or.. you end up sending restart mails to players that are better than you. When I get restart mails sent to me, I always end up outfarming them, and then sooner or later, I am farming their village. I have used them in the past with a lot of success honestly. I have had just as much success in TW without using them either.

Also to the guy that said offense is the best defense, just stop. Clearly never played beyond a village.

DeletedUser

Keeps morale in your favor. There was this guy on 42 who knew we were all about to get taken out by (i forget who it was now, Nyuk I think?) so he demolished all his villages down to 5k with full farms worth of Defense. Morale was something like 75% when they started attacking him versus another guy with the same amount of villages but kept them built who had 100%