Discussion: Holiday attack breaks and support unavailability

DeletedUser656

Hi everyone,

As usual we'll be having attack breaks over the Christmas and New Year holidays. The details are as follows:

Christmas holidays

From 00:00 on the 24th of December to 00:00 on the 27th of December, any attacks that arrive at villages will turn into visits. They will not do any damage.

From 18:00 on the 24th of December to 06:00 on the 26th of December, you will be prevented from sending any attacks.

xmas.png

The attack break affects both attacks on barbarian villages and player owned villages. Should any other locations appear on the map, please note that they can be attacked during the break.

Our support team will be unavailable on the 24th, 25th and 26th of December. It will still be possible to send in tickets, but you should not expect any replies.

New year's holidays

From 00:00 on the 31st of December to 00:00 on the 2nd of January, any attacks that arrive at villages will turn into visits. They will not do any damage.

From 10:00 on the 31st of December to 10:00 on the 1st of January, you will be prevented from sending any attacks.

ny.png

The attack break affects both attacks on barbarian villages and player owned villages. Should any other locations appear on the map, please note that they can be attacked during the break.

Our support team will be unavailable on the 1st of January. It will still be possible to send in tickets, but you should not expect any replies.

Thanks,

Morthy
Community Manager

DeletedUser105406

When i heard about this break from a RL TW mate, I didn't believe it really existed..."search" showed different :icon_wink: I think it's great; there should probably be more of them. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser103945

Should any other locations appear on the map, please note that they can be attacked during the break.
Does this mean there may be some special holiday villages we can attack for special loot? I'd love a new award for Christmas.

DeletedUser

Does this mean there may be some special holiday villages we can attack for special loot? I'd love a new award for Christmas.

Santa's Village.

10K sp 10K sw 10K archers 5K HC

First to conquer it gets a level 6 flag

DeletedUser

So will this mean I am unable to send out farming attacks?
Also please clarify no damage? Will this mean just to troops, or will it also mean I am unable to 'damage' the levels of resources in the village. If so, this is going to seriously affect the smaller players such as myself who rely on the barbs and inactive 26pt-500-pt players for the bulk of the resources I use to grow. I believe that this thing you are doing is unbalanced, and doesn't provide late joiners to the world, or players who were recently nobled a fair chance at winning the game. While we are relying on one villages resource pits they are able to transfer resources on the market between their villages. Also, their game time already means that their resource pits will be higher. They will no doubt have better techs than us, and higher level recuitment centres and so can build up armies faster than us little guys. Even if it is Christmas, this is still a war game. It's Tribal Wars, not Tribal Hugs. I don't want to have my spearmen turn into turkey, my light cavalry to become mistletoe. I don't want my statue to become a Christmas tree, and my VHQ to become a banquet hall. Besides, even if you have an unlimited supply of resources, and are active 24/7 (which some of us with personal lives don't and arn't) you can still only grow so fast. Those big guys with less limited resources can certainly grow faster, recruit faster etc. They will also usually have members in their tribe who will work 8 hour shifts (3 people controlling 3 accounts, changing 3 times a day, working on each for 2 hours 40 minutes approximately) who will no doubt be able to make the most of the break in conflict and farming. I believe that barb farming should be opened back up, but without the ability to send noblemen, catapults or rams. You are unable to 'spike' barbs and other such tactics.

Thankyou for reading my complaining, whining wall of text. I appreciate that it can be a little negative, and although I see positives, my post is strongly biased towards the negatives of this upcoming 'event'; and the effects it can have on the smaller players. Obviously, everything I stated to be a negative for 'the little guys' will be a positive for 'the big guys'. It goes without saying that Aldi, Lidl, Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsbury's will all do better than your local corner shop this Christmas. Apply this theory in game, and it remains the same. The ingame Tesco's will do better than the Lifestyle Express players such as me, and my local quadrant.

Your's sincerely,
Your neighbourhood complaining old grandfather,
B.Lonsdale1996 (age: too young to be a grandfather, put it that way. My son is only 4.)

P.S. Please let my :lightcavalry: have some fun with barbarian villages. They will get bored and start eating my socks. I don't have many left, the elves have started using mine for stockings.

P.P.S. Who wants chocolate log roll? I made 3 of them, look: :wood:.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You cant kill troops, loot resources or damage buildings during the attack break, be it barbarian or player.

No point complaining about it, you wont be changing anything. More people want it than don't want it and it's been going on for long enough now.

DeletedUser105406

So will this mean I am unable to send out farming attacks?
Also please clarify no damage? Will this mean just to troops, or will it also mean I am unable to 'damage' the levels of resources in the village. If so, this is going to seriously affect the smaller players such as myself who rely on the barbs and inactive 26pt-500-pt players for the bulk of the resources I use to grow. I believe that this thing you are doing is unbalanced, and doesn't provide late joiners to the world, or players who were recently nobled a fair chance at winning the game. While we are relying on one villages resource pits they are able to transfer resources on the market between their villages. Also, their game time already means that their resource pits will be higher. They will no doubt have better techs than us, and higher level recuitment centres and so can build up armies faster than us little guys. Even if it is Christmas, this is still a war game. It's Tribal Wars, not Tribal Hugs. I don't want to have my spearmen turn into turkey, my light cavalry to become mistletoe. I don't want my statue to become a Christmas tree, and my VHQ to become a banquet hall. Besides, even if you have an unlimited supply of resources, and are active 24/7 (which some of us with personal lives don't and arn't) you can still only grow so fast. Those big guys with less limited resources can certainly grow faster, recruit faster etc. They will also usually have members in their tribe who will work 8 hour shifts (3 people controlling 3 accounts, changing 3 times a day, working on each for 2 hours 40 minutes approximately) who will no doubt be able to make the most of the break in conflict and farming. I believe that barb farming should be opened back up, but without the ability to send noblemen, catapults or rams. You are unable to 'spike' barbs and other such tactics.

Thankyou for reading my complaining, whining wall of text. I appreciate that it can be a little negative, and although I see positives, my post is strongly biased towards the negatives of this upcoming 'event'; and the effects it can have on the smaller players. Obviously, everything I stated to be a negative for 'the little guys' will be a positive for 'the big guys'. It goes without saying that Aldi, Lidl, Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsbury's will all do better than your local corner shop this Christmas. Apply this theory in game, and it remains the same. The ingame Tesco's will do better than the Lifestyle Express players such as me, and my local quadrant.

Your's sincerely,
Your neighbourhood complaining old grandfather,
B.Lonsdale1996 (age: too young to be a grandfather, put it that way. My son is only 4.)

P.S. Please let my :lightcavalry: have some fun with barbarian villages. They will get bored and start eating my socks. I don't have many left, the elves have started using mine for stockings.

P.P.S. Who wants chocolate log roll? I made 3 of them, look: :wood:.

O! B.Lonsdale1996 you do not change; I reckon I'd have known the author of that post without your signing it lol, lol "Lifestyle Express players like me"????

I agree with you about the decorative touches; I found the Easter chicks a bit off-putting, myself but you'll see in the f9ormer years' discussion of this subject that most people are in favor, generally....w66 sounds pretty wild with that few k's btw...& the Tribe restrictions...
:icon_cry:

& I should have said II was pleased to see you about; I was just surprised at your sudden appearance lol, lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser94483

In reply about the farming ban that Lonsdales was complaining about the main reason is to give the majority of .net users to enjoy their christmas times with their families without being ALLOWED to farm...and it makes it balanced so no one else can farm either. Just enjoy the break and if you are so small you are concerned about this you should not be drawing attention to yourself by trying to get the bigger players to work more on their minor vacations.

DeletedUser

In reply about the farming ban that Lonsdales was complaining about the main reason is to give the majority of .net users to enjoy their christmas times with their families...

Not to mention allowing tw staff to have xmas/new year off

DeletedUser105406

Not to mention allowing tw staff to have xmas/new year off

Everyone needs to have a break & if it takes an enforcement to achieve,,,well...Lonsdale often has contoversial views though...the Viking Villas have just appearted on my screen but at least they're not (sshhhhhhh...) Xmas Puddings (yet) heheheh...feeling all SEASONAL, here!! :icon_wink:

Stotty2009

This is a game. If you want to do something real, then become a commander in the army so you can give orders ...

Herucles

anyone know whether by it ending on 00:00 they mean it ends 00:00:00, or 00:00:59? thanks in advance

DeletedUser105406

anyone know whether by it ending on 00:00 they mean it ends 00:00:00, or 00:00:59? thanks in advance
I read it as "Midnight: 27th Dec" - which I now know was wrong & I had DAYS to see that (but didn't)....:icon_redface: