Promising Tribes

DeletedUser105935

mm yes have some good player i play with some on other world but i havent heard of thre leader
i know there is skill there but do they have the leadership i dontknow

DeletedUser

Nah, just wasn't on the forum. I am simply clearing up the part where you said 2 tribes declared, you are at 8-0 etc etc those are not us, didn't want everyone to think that MM were just "smashing" their accounts at you lol. As for that other part, I can neither confirm nor deny ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrock

You mean the gang bang MM started, we nobled a ratio of 8-0, the two tribes who declared war on us then offered peace and want to kill MM, a tribe with two players who have decent sized O's+ accounts? That tribe couldnt take me out in a 1 vs 20 tbph

Most of MM began this world 5 days to 2 weeks after the bulk of Hug Me. Once again, judging players by points, or even ODA isn't credible, without crunching numbers and considering growth divided by time in game, and the same is relevant to ODA as well. You should have more points, as well as more OD

I've heard that you play your cards close to your vest Matt, meaning you don't necessarily divulge your designs to all of your tribe. While what you say about the leader of MM may be true (don't know one way or the other), it doesn't necessarily mean that those posting on MMs behalf were aware of those designs. With that, perhaps they shouldn't be posting, at least as if they are not "in the know" of tribal leaderships decisions.

Last edited:

mattcurr

Most of MM began this world 5 days to 2 weeks after the bulk of Hug Me. Once again, judging players by points, or even ODA isn't credible, without crunching numbers and considering growth divided by time in game, and the same is relevant to ODA as well. You should have more points, as well as more OD
Who cares about OPD. Their top members joined around the same day as Sonic empire. You know rank 1, the rim is an advantage to growing fast not a disadvantage.

And a player might not have been in the know so I should just ignore them saying something false because they didn't know? You have the arguing abilities of a 2 year old. Meaning you can say words, but usually they just come out out of order not meaning much. It is irritating to reply to you tbph. Could you do me a favor and thik about what you say before you say it.

Garrock

Who cares about OPD. Their top members joined around the same day as Sonic empire. You know rank 1, the rim is an advantage to growing fast not a disadvantage.

And a player might not have been in the know so I should just ignore them saying something false because they didn't know? You have the arguing abilities of a 2 year old. Meaning you can say words, but usually they just come out out of order not meaning much. It is irritating to reply to you tbph. Could you do me a favor and thik about what you say before you say it.

Are you saying Sonic is a rim player? This world isn't like the old days Matt. You don't start 14 days late and end up 4 continents from day 1 starters.... an example would be k43, I joined 2 weeks after the world began and still landed in k43, a core K. More than ever with lower populations the late starters are at a much greater disadvantage than ever, as they are much closer to the day one starters (simple logic). Our top members to compare to the rank 1 player of the world? Sonic is indeed off to a very good start, then again I'm not sure I ever criticized your members, in fact have paid homage to your tribe, I am however pointing out that your comment about our players lack of skill/points/OD is short sighted and lacks consideration of relevant conditions. I know a great many of your members, respect, and call friend a good few of them, and would never under estimate their skill, but that does not make other players, or tribes any less viable. Just because we are building our tribes in a bit of an old fashioned manner, rather than a super uber premade.

MM also has a greater nobling percentage per member than your tribe over the past 72 hours. Not suggesting we are better by any means, but again an indicator that your assessment is once again shortsighted.

You'll notice that I mentioned some of my tribemates ought not to post here about things they know nothing of, in this I support your point of view, merely taking exception with your exceptionally large ego. Especially coming from an above average, but not exceptionally so, player.

Now you have stooped to personal insults, this is for sure an indication of your superior debate skills, I bow to your intellectual superiority, which is nearly as large as your ego (not).

Again, your tribe has some very good players, and at the top probably the best "collection" of good players of the world, but I don't concede that there are not other players in other tribes that don't compare to your best talent, including our tribe.

Good-luck Matt, you're a pretty decent player, and by many accounts a pretty good leader too. I would only suggest that you could use a pretty large dose of humility. I'll continue to defend the tribe I am in, and the members I'm coming to know and respect, but I won't stoop to your level and turn this into a "name calling fest".

On track: Aside from the obvious "Hug Me" tribe, I think our tribe MM have potential... AFLAC seem decent, Barb drops off pretty fast, but I think their top players may be enough to carry them on awhile. Not sure about GLOW, but outside looking in seems decent as well.

Last edited:

Garrock

You mean the gang bang MM started, we nobled a ratio of 8-0, the two tribes who declared war on us then offered peace and want to kill MM, a tribe with two players who have decent sized O's+ accounts? That tribe couldnt take me out in a 1 vs 20 tbph

What Matt fails to realize, is that everything here is relatively harmless up until the last sentence, which changes the entire context of this quote, and makes most of everything I posted in my rebuttal relevant.

DeletedUser

So yea, I hear good things about AFLAC. Think they'll break into the top 5 or crash and burn?

Garrock

So yea, I hear good things about AFLAC. Think they'll break into the top 5 or crash and burn?

Hopefully not jinx them, but I think they'll be pretty good for awhile yet.. perhaps even lead the world after most of matt's crew burn out and leave.

mattcurr

I see we have some confusion. I dealt with this quite frequently in Afghanistan with interpreters and foreign nationals... while decent with the english language you don't fully comprehend the meaning of what you wrote. Tell me please what your native language is and I'll get it translated, which I'm sure will clear all of this mess up!

The import of your words? You indicate that we only have 2 relevant accounts... of which I strongly disagree, we have 5 that make your top 25... not just 2, and faster growth per member than your tribe, with the majority of our members beginning 5-14 days after world opening. It is a relevant counter point to your statement, and an explanation of "why" our tribe is behind yours, at least to some extent.

Clearly not willing to work at reading. Your fastest growing account according to the the growth rankings is moving at same exact speed I was for his time, and I was rank 8 at that time. You see the growth rankings are highly flawed but I dont feel like explaining how those work.

World start 24th of January

23rd January 2013--- 29k points
29th January 2013--- 23k points
24th January 2013--- 22k points
28th January 2013--- 18k points
28th January 2013--- 16k points
26th January 2013--- 13k points
25th January 2013--- 13k points
28th January 2013--- 12k points
23rd January 2013--- 11k points
01st February 2013--- 11k points-- WAHOOOOO we hit the first one over days after the world started like the "majority of your members are"
28th January 2013--- 10k points
02nd February 2013--- 10k points
04th February 2013--- 10k points
25th January 2013--- 9k points
18th January 2013--- 7k points
25th January 2013--- 6k points
02nd February 2013--- 6k points
22nd January 2013--- 6k points
24th January 2013--- 6k points
02nd February 2013--- 4k points

Sonic empire 25th January 2013-- 47k points 14 of your 22 members joined within 3 days of him, that is what Isaid, now do not respond to me until you freaking read it is so irritating.

Now your #2 guy is doing well he is on top 5 pace. But that is the only one I feel like doing the time to figure out on. Only 5 of your members joined 5 days after the world started, and not all of my members joined when the world started 22%=/=majority. Nor that even a comparative to when many of us started. Gosh please stop until you say something true/relevant. This is likely my last response as you didnt even do your own facts right :/

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Good-luck Matt, you're a pretty decent player, and by many accounts a pretty good leader too. I would only suggest that you could use a pretty large dose of humility.

Funniest post I've read in a while, thanks.

Garrock

Clearly not willing to work at reading. Your fastest growing account according to the the growth rankings is moving at same exact speed I was for his time, and I was rank 8 at that time. You see the growth rankings are highly flawed but I dont feel like explaining how those work.

Now your #2 guy is doing well he is on top 5 pace. But that is the only one I feel like doing the time to figure out on. Only 5 of your members joined 5 days after the world started, and not all of my members joined when the world started 22%=/=majority. Nor that even a comparative to when many of us started. Gosh please stop until you say something true/relevant. This is likely my last response as you didnt even do your own facts right :/

*embarrassed* don't know why but thought 67 started on the 21st... can admit to a mistake... most of our members having joined 28th & later.. vs. many of yours 24-26, all of your top members at those dates. Doesn't change the argument, merely narrows the gap. You say that only 2 accounts are worth even mentioning by points & OD, I disagree, and have shown that at least 5 are comparative to your top 25. you indicate that you are better than 20 of us combined, which is ridiculous. I don't come here as you and some others do and post about my in game accomplishments, when I post it is about my "tribe" as a whole, or in defense of it, or just to post some opinions on various topics.

My confidence comes from real life experiences, I dislike bullies, whether they hide behind a computer screen or in real life, and make it a point to oppose them. You condescend, you brag, you flame and you insult. What hell your real world must be.

I don't post or brag about my skill, but this one time I will say this. As for you personally being > than 20 of our tribe members combined, You are not even in my league, and I hold a number of players in much higher esteem than I do myself, as it relates to this game.

Like you, I will likely end on this note. I don't care for you much Matt, your overblown on line ego... your general lack of regard for other people, it just gets under a persons skin. Perhaps that is your objective, perhaps you gain some kind of pleasure from it. I don't know, don't really care. When I close this browser window, thoughts of you and your ilk close with it. I won't dwell on it, you are as nothing when I close this window, until the next time I come on here and see something abrasive again, and the cycle will resume. Your relevance, your meaning lasting the quick few minutes it takes to form an opinion, to be briefly annoyed, and then oops! gone again.

ciao

DeletedUser

Well that was very long and drawn out.

Back on topic. (Wolf) looks awesome.

mattcurr

*embarrassed* don't know why but thought 67 started on the 21st... can admit to a mistake... most of our members having joined 28th & later.. vs. many of yours 24-26, all of your top members at those dates. Doesn't change the argument, merely narrows the gap. You say that only 2 accounts are worth even mentioning by points & OD, I disagree, and have shown that at least 5 are comparative to your top 25. you indicate that you are better than 20 of us combined, which is ridiculous. I don't come here as you and some others do and post about my in game accomplishments, when I post it is about my "tribe" as a whole, or in defense of it, or just to post some opinions on various topics.

My confidence comes from real life experiences, I dislike bullies, whether they hide behind a computer screen or in real life, and make it a point to oppose them. You condescend, you brag, you flame and you insult. What hell your real world must be.

I don't post or brag about my skill, but this one time I will say this. As for you personally being > than 20 of our tribe members combined, You are not even in my league, and I hold a number of players in much higher esteem than I do myself, as it relates to this game.

Like you, I will likely end on this note. I don't care for you much Matt, your overblown on line ego... your general lack of regard for other people, it just gets under a persons skin. Perhaps that is your objective, perhaps you gain some kind of pleasure from it. I don't know, don't really care. When I close this browser window, thoughts of you and your ilk close with it. I won't dwell on it, you are as nothing when I close this window, until the next time I come on here and see something abrasive again, and the cycle will resume. Your relevance, your meaning lasting the quick few minutes it takes to form an opinion, to be briefly annoyed, and then oops! gone again.

ciao

:icon_confused: Are you for real? I am sorry if you ever got bullied in real life, likely you didn't grow up with brothers I am going to assume. Or playing competitive sports, and I mean that in a non-offensive way. My saying I would beat 20 of you at once was in jest, it is meant to bring life to the discussion it is not a serious statement to be anyalized. You need to lighten the freak up. This is a game, like a game of basketball you have politics and propaganda, or trash talk. It's fun, its part of the sport/game, lighten up. My friend telling me he was going to dunk over me was not him being egotistical, it was us having fun playing a sport. People need to calm down and stop taking a game so seriously, if you need a 3 paragraph response explaining how you dont care about my posts, than you probably do care a little too much.

DeletedUser

All in All...i find this a lot more entertaining then mentioned "basketball" game. Keep up the good work, both of you!

:icon_smile:

Garrock

:icon_confused: Are you for real? I am sorry if you ever got bullied in real life, likely you didn't grow up with brothers I am going to assume. Or playing competitive sports, and I mean that in a non-offensive way. My saying I would beat 20 of you at once was in jest, it is meant to bring life to the discussion it is not a serious statement to be anyalized. You need to lighten the freak up. This is a game, like a game of basketball you have politics and propaganda, or trash talk. It's fun, its part of the sport/game, lighten up. My friend telling me he was going to dunk over me was not him being egotistical, it was us having fun playing a sport. People need to calm down and stop taking a game so seriously, if you need a 3 paragraph response explaining how you dont care about my posts, than you probably do care a little too much.

Here we are, neither of us able to quit. I've never been bullied, large family, and never a computer until after I was an adult. My brother played college football as a tight end, and I turned down several minor scholarships to join the military. Let's not get confused.

Your comment in "jest" to liven things up certainly achieved it's goal. There are different ways to compete.. there are the Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice's of athletics, and then there are the Terrell Owens's, Randy Moss's... I think you understand where I'm coming from. The first two being the kind of athlete who I respect. The same can be said for this game, while I'm a spectator of professional athletics, I am a participant of this game (for now).

Trash talk typically gets a similar response, to equate your sports analogy to this game, what do you think we've been doing the past several posts? Exchanging barbs, and insults. Part of the game right? I think you likely get more joy out of this than I do though.

ciao for real this time ;)

DeletedUser18879

mm yes have some good player i play with some on other world but i havent heard of thre leader
i know there is skill there but do they have the leadership i dontknow

I'm not really posting on externals much, I don't like to argue via forum. Skype is so much more fun for those purposes. :p

DeletedUser

Rawr?
Rawr rawr rawr!

Pretty much all I got from that, even though I would agree that people need to lighten up.
I miss PnP, there used to be almost a new one every day, I think TW should advertise the forum ingame a bit more, make it one of the quest or something.

ToPaT

Rawr?
Rawr rawr rawr!

Pretty much all I got from that, even though I would agree that people need to lighten up.
I miss PnP, there used to be almost a new one every day, I think TW should advertise the forum ingame a bit more, make it one of the quest or something.

They have that welcome page thingy now.

It pretty much tells you to go on the externals when you login to your world. If you couldn't see it clear cache and relogin I guess.