Discussion: Update to version 8.10

DeletedUser

I tried to find the link in my browser history but just too much stuff in there. Can you post here the link you use? Maybe it will work for me. :)

Go to your village overview, and replace the word "overview" with "welcome" in the URL.

DeletedUser

Is there a way to disable this? I have always preferred the look of how it used to, plus it works a lot quicker imo. This recent update just doesn't look right and is slowing me down, plus a couple of tribe-mates are experiencing the slowing down issue much more severely. I have always checked the classic graphics & layout option, i tried doing the /oldstyle.css but, inless i am doing something wrong, it didnt appear to work. Any help would be great, If possible i would like all graphics & everything to how they looked before the 6.5 update.

DeletedUser

How do I switch worlds from in game? >.< Also, the map is now incredibly laggy for me. It's almost impossible to scan over my K quickly without missing half of the things I am looking for :l

DeletedUser

I have a big button bottom left with my current world on it I havent tried but Im guessing clicking on it will give me the option to login on another world

DeletedUser

I have a big button bottom left with my current world on it I havent tried but Im guessing clicking on it will give me the option to login on another world

Yeah, thanks. I just noticed that after I posted xD derp

DeletedUser

I love love LOVE the villa bbcode addition thing. So much easier.

rascal-the-cat

I'm having lots of issues which are related to the 'improvement' that shows the amount of current incomings in the browser tab.

I currently have 2k+ incomings - when I have lots of tabs open the load time is very slow, pages are hanging and keyboard shortcuts are not working properly.

If I ignore all incomings all the problems magically disappear.

Could we have an option to turn this 'improvement' off if we choose to?

Quite frankly when you have large amounts of incomings I really don't see what the use of it is anyway and it makes it even more pointless when you have to ignore all your incomings to be able to do stuff!

DeletedUser

How much of it is really down to 8.10 when you admit you have 2k incomings and numerous tabs open? Whos to say the lag is not just down to your (potentially) crappy internet?

rascal-the-cat

How much of it is really down to 8.10 when you admit you have 2k incomings and numerous tabs open? Whos to say the lag is not just down to your (potentially) crappy internet?

Did you actually read what I posted?

I had no issues before.

If I ignore all incomings I do not have an issue now.

So for me the update has caused a problem. The problem did not exist before the update.

The speed of my internet connection is not relevant to this discussion in my opinion.

DeletedUser

Internet Connection handles it before.

Update happens.

Internet Connection can't handle it.

Ewok, are you just arguing for the sake of arguing :icon_neutral:?

DeletedUser

T'was my mistake. He did not mention the fact that it worked before the update. I must have missed the point about ignoring incomings is all. Don't hate the player, hate the game. Early bird gets the worm and all that.

sidd 271

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'm having lots of issues which are related to the 'improvement' that shows the amount of current incomings in the browser tab.

I currently have 2k+ incomings - when I have lots of tabs open the load time is very slow, pages are hanging and keyboard shortcuts are not working properly.

If I ignore all incomings all the problems magically disappear.

Could we have an option to turn this 'improvement' off if we choose to?

Quite frankly when you have large amounts of incomings I really don't see what the use of it is anyway and it makes it even more pointless when you have to ignore all your incomings to be able to do stuff!

update opera to latest version. Mine got fixed that way

DeletedUser

I just got negative rep for my comment saying that I liked the update.

Rep is pointless. Just gives people a way of anonymously swearing at each other.

DeletedUser

I got negative rep saying nauz doesnt want you

but it didnt come from nauz

I understand why you cant see who neg repped you as being able to makes tit for tat rep likely

TBH I let my posts speak for themselves

DeletedUser

Not being able to see who neg repped you gives players the ability to anonymously insult/swear at you with no repercussions.

DeletedUser

To whomever sent me positive rep saying they can see who sent Im afraid I cant but perhaps I just dont know how ?

I can see users Ive left rep for though

DeletedUser

maybe but could also be a non standard forum user Ive done some googling and its a setting thats user group based so maybe blog staff or forum mods can see

DeletedUser

To whomever sent me positive rep saying they can see who sent Im afraid I cant but perhaps I just dont know how ?

I can see users Ive left rep for though

I sent that... I get a notification saying exactly who repped me. It probably is based on usergroups then.

DeletedUser

But can you see who repped other people? For example, if I rep Loney, can you then view his profile with your modship powers and see that I (specifically me, not just 'somebody') repped him?