Music Album "Part of Me" for your listening (hopefully) pleasure

Spank86

I've recently been assisting with the non music side of an album. It's finally done and I wanted to share it with you guys (and everyone really).

http://JohnDeck.bandcamp.com

PoMFront-page-0.jpg

http://JohnDeck.bandcamp.com

Don’t get me wrong, there’s a financial incentive since we want to make more and people buying it is the only way to do that but we’d be almost as happy with people listening to it and giving feedback.

There’s also soundcloud links: https://soundcloud.com/johndeck
And a Facebook page http://facebook.com/JohnDeckMusic

Hopefully this doesn't break any forum guidelines (you know I'd NEVER do that right?).

Spank86

Also, I'm hanging around for a bit to hear what you think... not forever, but for a while.

DeletedUser

Listening to that is the aural equivalent of swimming through Satan's septic tank.

I'm kidding though, it's good, I wouldn't pay for it as it is not quite my taste, but he has potential.

DeletedUser

by "non-music" side you mean promoting? or do you mean like the art work or the song writing ect?

Spank86

All the art work, the IT stuff and what limited promotion is taking place.

I'd consider song writing 'musical' and apart from suggesting the changing if one word because of innuendo I've done none of that.

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Not really my kind of music, but it sounds pretty good even though from what I can hear not much of it was actually played (rather than done on the computer; drums and so on).

Correct me if I'm wrong, could just be that it's a very overzealous sound engineer and that the drums have been sent through a very aggressive compressor.

Spank86

Good ear, The drums were programmed yes.

Didn't have the cash to hire a drummer.

All the piano and guitar was played.

If you look at the bandcamp site you'll notice not keyboards guitars and harmonica are credited because they were the one as actually played by someone as oppose to being programmed.

Last edited:

Spank86

I must admit I didn't have a lot of hope for many people here liking it.

I already know Rivka loves it but the rest of you have very different music tastes, that said I figured nothing to lose and you might know people you'd think may like it.

DeletedUser

I guess its probably an age thing. Don't be dis-heartened though :)

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Good ear, The drums were programmed yes.

Didn't have the cash to hire a drummer.

All the piano and guitar was played.

If you look at the bandcamp site you'll notice not keyboards guitars and harmonica are credited because they were the one as actually played by someone as oppose to being programmed.

Ah yes, seems I didn't scroll down far enough.

Either way it sounds pretty good, it's just not in my style of music.

DeletedUser

im not saying it is impossible for different ages, it a statistical thing, my guess was you are more likely to like it if you are older. doesn't mean you can't like it if you are young. likewise you can be older and not like it.

Spank86

im not saying it is impossible for different ages, it a statistical thing, my guess was you are more likely to like it if you are older. doesn't mean you can't like it if you are young. likewise you can be older and not like it.

I think that's the case for most music, the younger you are the more you tend to focus on specific niches as you get older most people get more mainstream even if they also like their niches.

DeletedUser

I'm into the opening track. I'll keep listening. Kudos on the art by the way, it's pretty good.

DeletedUser

I enjoyed the album, particularly the final track. I don't know if I will purchase it, mostly because I don't have any money right now. The music and vocals were both very nice, though they seemed a bit distant if that makes sense. Overall a good album.