The worlds most anticipated world

DeletedUser

TBH its his sig as he is the original leader of WTF? from W17 soooo....

DeletedUser104695

I don't get why everyone says "Limited Haul is easy", "Limited Haul takes away the element of skill" or "Helps noobs keep up"

Total BS.

Start up on Limited Haul is brutal, because resources are not easy to come by you have to be ultra efficient with your troops. Hitting just 1 stack early on can dent your chances of ever reaching top 20. You cannot simply do a bit of farming to rebuild troops, you have to wait and defend off any attacks while rebuilding. I had to snipe trains at least 4 times in the core on W61 before I even got my second village and if it wasnt for my tribe being selfless I would of been sat on the rim. Which brings me to my next point, as there are only so many troops and troops are harder to come by than Farming worlds, team work is imperative.

Being efficient with troops to me requires more skill than farming to get ahead anyone can farm.

DeletedUser

I'm not massively familiar with limited haul's, but from my perspective It means there is more competition, activity now wont dent your chance much in the way of progressing through the world. Start up will be more cautious and it will be a lot closer then a farming enabled world.

DeletedUser104695

exactly and when farming barely comes in to play skill shines through.

DeletedUser

Luck is also more important in limited/no hauls I would imagine?

DeletedUser22739

MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING ALIVE? :eek:

I couldn't pass up a world with these settings. It's good to see some familiar faces here :icon_biggrin:

I'm on the lookout for a co-player to so if your interested, you should message me.

TBH its his sig as he is the original leader of WTF? from W17 soooo....

If I remember correctly, he was co-leader with Kaylub.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why is everyone here, who's supposed to be skilled veteran, so excited about these settings? :icon_eek: I know this is the 60th world opening after I lost touch with TW (maybe something in TW philosophy changed in the meantime), but haven't you all became skilled pro's by active farming and aggressive expansion? I suppose you all grew tired of it and always envied turtle n00bs for not having to do all that work day in day out.. :icon_neutral:

Isn't this the perfect settings for turtles? I mean, since defensive troops can get the allowed amount of loot per day, why would anyone rush to train offensive ones? Even the extreme turtles will now be able to even-out farming income with active-aggressive types who would otherwise outgrow them in days. Anyone can farm? Anyone can not farm as well. And spam swords/spears. And, as others have pointed out- troops will be much more valuable and hard to replenish that, in combination with everyone going turtle, imho, no one will be attacking active players. Nobling the second village out of an active player? Pfft, I guess it will be bonus villa rush with sword/spear nukes :/

Though strategy may come into play after everyone gets a couple of villages (and bonus ones run out :lol:), I expect the beginning days to be more painful than ever. Multi-accounting will be back in great style, mark my words..

Am I the only one who thinks this way?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110464

On a previous .UK world Nauzhror shocked a lot of people by reaching and maintaining rank 1 on a world with a defensive setup. Yes it is a bit different, but it is very possible to do. Instead of using ressies to make lc and axes you can make swords and spears, yet keep up with farming or close to it if you understand what you're doing, and I'm not talking no/limited hauls even but a normal world. Limited hauls though may promote the defensive style in the beginning a bit more than usual, but in the end it's nearly the same game. You have to be able to clear someone to take a village, unless of course you get an internal or barb...

Multi-accounting? People rarely multi-account anymore if you were not aware. A lot has changed since the ~w9 era. Nowadays it's all about coplaying and merging accounts to coplay. Not sure if that's what you meant by multi-accounts though.

The farming becomes more tedious work than any amount of skill or knowledge at a certain point, and that is the point when I dislike farming.

DeletedUser110642

are we at the point yet were w17-19 are vet worlds? i wana be a vet lol

DeletedUser

Multi-accounting? People rarely multi-account anymore if you were not aware. A lot has changed since the ~w9 era. Nowadays it's all about coplaying and merging accounts to coplay. Not sure if that's what you meant by multi-accounts though.

Yes, I am well aware of it, because the starting hours/days have become more interesting with an improved tutorial (quests) (BTW, when did that change? I applaud for that, the old tutorial was so short and and pointless that I hoped for one like this). But when you take pally out of equation and add limited farming on top, I think the idea of having multi accounts in the beginning will be much more appealing to many. To kill the boredom and try multiple starting locations at least, if not to try out-maneuvering limited res and speed up their growth, by cheating basically.

DeletedUser

I'm a vet yey :D
I like no/limited hauls because farming is so boring and makes playing a game feel like working in the office with the dullness of repetitive crap on and on..and ramatazrazamaz guy if you played no/limited hauls before it isn't what you totally expect. Damn i remember when no hauls world first came out and loads of players were getting kicked from premades because they couldn't adapt quick enough compared to others.