Unofficial World Blog

DeletedUser

World 70: An Unofficial Blog

Hello, ladies and gentlemen of Tribal Wars. This shall be my blog for World 70 and its happenings and drama that happen.

As of today, the 12th of July, beginner protection ended for those who pre-registered at 11.30am sever time. I thought this would be a good time to start the blog and decided to interview the top ten tribes to see what they had to say about their plans and opinions on others.

[spoil]The top ten tribes (as of 6pm ST) that I interviewed are as follows:

1st: Experience pays (Exp) with 12,363 points and 39 members.
2nd: Dark Wolves (~D.W~) with 11,484 points and 40 members.
3rd: LoOnEy TuNeS (ACME) with 10,784 points and 35 members.
4th: Attack, Conquer and Enjoy! (ACE) with 10,325 points and 40 members.
5th: Mass Destruction (MasDes) with 10,254 points and 39 members.
6th: The Western Fire (~Fire~) with 10,240 points and 40 members.
7th: Knights Rage (KR) with 10,085 points and 40 members.
8th: Names Are Not Important (NANI) with 10,033 points and 40 members.
9th: Resistance of Liberty ({RoL}) with 9,996 and 39 members.
10th: Eagles (Ea) with 9,954 points and 40 members.[/spoil]

The interview with Experience pays was meant to be done with their leader, -Nyx, but he never responded.

The interview with Dark Wolves was given by Ogth, their leader.

[spoil]Question 1: Many people in Tribal Wars view "family tribes" as quite a noob thing to have, especially early in the start up of a world. What would you say to them?

Ogth: Well I would say to them it's their opinion to frown upon family tribes. Yes many family tribes don't make it and that is due to lack of co-operation between the two tribes. We (~L.W~, their brother tribe.) share all forums and ensure our member activly take part in forum activities together to make us seem as one tribe. Not two.

Question 2:
Now that beginner protection has ended, what is your plan? Just farming everything in general or do you plan for any wars?

Ogth: The first plan as our tribe is to farm pretty much anyone who isn't in one of the top tribes. Our aim is to avoid early wars which just cause everyone to slow down growth to fight wars. Instead we plan to wait until we have cats and nobles before starting wars. So for now, just farm anything which is an easy target

Question 3: What is the chemistry of your tribe like? Are you all working together as a tribe or are there any internal arguments or rivalries which could hinder the tribe in the future?

Ogth: The internal chemistry of the tribe I would say is in good standing order. I would like to add that the chemistry is also extremely well attached to our brother tribe ~L.W~. We share all of our forums together and everyone gets along really well. We did have one debate (not really an argument) which was over the idea of forming an academy tribe. The votes for pretty split over it but in the end everyone was pretty happy. They reason why I say debate is because even though it got heated, it was only players giving their point of view not really fighting among themselves.

Follow up question: Do you see your proximity to your brother tribe as a problem in the future when nobling and expansion starts to happen?

Ogth:
No we do not. Our member are actually all pretty spread out to ensure plent of farming room and noble targets for future. We aimed to have experienced players spread out instead of lots of average players really close together

Question 4: How do you see ~D.W~ doing in this world? Are you in it to win it, or are you just going along and seeing how the ride is?

Ogth:
Well most of here are in it for the fun. But doing well and possible winning would be an added bonus.

Question 5: Are there any other top twenty tribes - or any other tribes - that you currently view as a threat?

Ogth: Being perfectly honest, yes we do. The main tribe we see as a threat to us is ACME. Even though we over power the in troops and members many of their players are extremely experienced. They know what they are doing and overlap with our tribe greatly. Also their greatly selfish and aragonite behaviour when you try and communicate with them shows how they could easily turn on anyone. Exp we see as no threat as we have already communicated with their duke and get along with them perfectly fine. Just at the top you don't openly admit who you fear. Any sign of weakness and your tribe becomes prey and no longer the predator.

Question 6: Pick one top twenty tribe as the winner and explain your choice. Please try and not use your own tribe.

Ogth: Out of the top 20 I would say ACME have a very good chance at winning this world because they have defiantly a good share of the best players.
Additionally, Ogth added: I would say ACME, Exp and probably ~D.W~ are likely to finish in top 10. Reason for that is not because we are at the top now, but the players we have. Probably out of the best players in this world a good 70% of them are spread between our three tribes. I think that Ea are going to fall in ranks quickly. They were competing with two other good tribes for players and are ending up at the wrong end of the stick. They have already began falling ranks and I believe that will continue.

Question 7: Who out of the top ten players do you view as a potential winner, and who do you think won't last long?

Ogth: Out of players I can honestly not say. I know no one here personally and never played with any. They all have great stats so I guess we'll have to wait and see. But I hope to have the top players in my tribe though.[/spoil]

The interview with LoOnEy TuNeS was given by Unknown Haz@rd, the questions and queries man.

[spoil]Question 1: Many people in Tribal Wars view "family tribes" as quite a noob thing to have, especially early in the start up of a world. What do you think of this?

Question 2: Now that beginner protection has ended, what is your plan? Just farming everything in general or do you plan for any wars?

UH: Everything that comes out of BP gets hit, obviously in a preferred order to the player as he/she might want to grow some targets first before hitting.

No Diplomacy, everything is open to aim.

Question 3: What is the chemistry of your tribe like? Are you all working together as a tribe or are there any internal arguments or rivalries which could hinder the tribe in the future?

UH: Hinder... Hah.

Yeah, there was a few arguments early on though if it didn't happen I would have been surprised.

Every tribe has it's up and downs, though a hinder.. No chance bud.

Follow up: Are you able to go into any more detail about these arguments?

UH: [Some were] Personal and a few was lack of farms though we agreed a restart and a wider spread happened so everything is sound now.

Question 4: How do you see ACME doing in this world? Are you in it to win it, or are you just going along and seeing how the ride is?

UH: We are always in it to win it.

Question 5: Are there any other top twenty tribes - or any other tribes - that you currently view as a threat?

UH: Old mate Fearn duking Care?, now that's a tribe to look out for.[/spoil]

The interview with Attack, Conquer and Enjoy! was given by Torierawr.

[spoil]Question 1: Many people in Tribal Wars view "family tribes" as quite a noob thing to have, especially early in the start up of a world. What do you think of this?

Torie:
I personally haven't seen a lot of family tribe act in unison. Forgive me if you have seen some - but I honestly never did. So I would like to give a 'no' to family tribes - but a clumsy 'depends' to academy tribes. But if the academy tribe can't serve the purpose of "educating" relatively new members - and I doubt anyone could at early world where there's too much thing to care about yourself - then 'no'.

Question 2: Now that beginner protection has ended, what is your plan? Just farming everything in general or do you plan for any wars?

Torie: Post-BP period is an excellent time to check who's going to last this phase in the world. Farming is a good indicator for that, it is basic stuff, you can't play Tribal Wars without it. So farming has to go on.
I highly doubt anyone will go on a war with anyone in the core at this early stage. Early casualties to your troops only slows down your own growth, and could be suicidal.

Torie: I don't think any tribe would want to expose this kind of sensitive matter if they have any :) but we're pretty much working together nicely. Well, all pre-mades must be doing this nicely, because they're typically formed at external communities. Unless you mass-recruited random members off the forums. :/

Question 4: How do you see ACE doing in this world? Are you in it to win it, or are you just going along and seeing how the ride is?

Torie: The ultimate objective of participating in a race is to win.

Torie: I'm not going to name them all, but the tribes formed away from the core is a big threat to all of the tribes formed inside the core. Noticed the difference in numbers of barb/bonus villages? Yes - the whole farming situation is different, and they're going to outgrow us until core sorts out.

Question 6: Pick one top twenty tribe as the winner and explain your choice. Your own tribe can not be used as an answer.

Torie: ACME. They've got a good start at the slight edge of the core, and looks like they never give their troops some time with their spouses in their villages - GIVE THEM SOME REST DAMMIT :)

Question 7: Who out of the top ten players do you view as a potential winner, and who do you think won't last long?

Torie: Uh... This one is difficult to answer. I'm going to dodge this question. :)[/spoil]

The interview with Mass Destruction was given by purple nutter, the founder.

PN: nothing really, can be good move can be a bad move

PN: just farming everything

Question 3:
What is the chemistry of your tribe like? Are you all working together as a tribe or are there any internal arguments or rivalries which could hinder the tribe in the future?

PN: ok, we are all getting along. nothing wrong with the tribe.

Question 4: How do you see MasDes doing in this world? Are you in it to win it, or are you just going along and seeing how the ride is?

PN: i want it to win since i am the founder of the tribe

PN: just who? we got off on the wrong foot so that will be interesting to see how that plays out

Follow up: Can you explain in a little more detail how you hit it off on the wrong foot?

PN: the leader of Who? started mailing our member's telling them to restart or else he will farm them

Question 6: Pick one top twenty tribe as the winner and explain your choice. Your own tribe can not be used as an answer.

PN: most likely Exp since they have 2 tribes close to eacher but on the other hand 80 members must dry out that ks farms quickly

PN: thats impossable to tell lol, and hard to tell[/spoil]

The interview with The Western Fire was rejected by both Grunt607 and TRu3xN0VA.

The interview with Knights Rage was rejected by truenight.

The interview with Names Are Not Important was ignored by RDog123.

The interview with Resistance of Liberty was given by redhorn, the first name on their profile.

Redhorn: Back in 2008 when I first joined tribal wars, I always thought family tribes were the best thing and showed the tribe with the most influence over a certain area. Over time I have come to hate them. It seems many people take advantage of the large amount of players willing to join any tribes with even a small amount of prestige. I like to stick with the popular saying "bigger is not always better".

The problem with family tribes is there is an inherent lack of communication between all the branches, in my opinion it takes a very skilled and very active group of leaders to operate such a large group of players. Most family tribes today are just mass-recruiters.

Redhorn: We don't see any wars in the immediate future. Starting a war this early is a fools move. We prefer to stick to farming all inactive and active members at this point, clearing our 7x7s and doing our best to solidify our area.

Redhorn: Most of the members in our tribe are actually in a tribe together in world 68. We have recruited a handful, but for the most part I'd say we all get along very well. The first day or two we had some issues, but those have been solved.

The make up of our tribe is not uncommon, we have players who would joke and create a fun atmosphere, and we those who are much more serious. Over all it create a balance; thus, making our community very functional a good team.

Question 4: How do you see {RoL} doing in this world? Are you in it to win it, or are you just going along and seeing how the ride is?

Redhorn: I expect to see our tribe remain in the top twenty for the next few months. We wanted an opportunity to start a tribe here in the core and see how well we can ride through this world, I am sure there are many "better" tribe out there, but most of all it is fun.

I have been fortunate enough to get some very experienced players and very active members likewise in my tribe. This opens up many opportunities in the future.

Redhorn: At this point it is difficult to tell, the tribes are all still relatively new, I think by the end of this month, we will get a good picture at the top twenty and who some of the top tribes later on might be.

Many of the top twenty tribes are family tribes, which I don't see going any where.

Exp could potentially pose as a threat in the future, they have a bunch of active players, however they are widely spread out (could be viewed good or bad).

Question 6
: Pick one top twenty tribe as the winner and explain your choice. Your own tribe can not be used as an answer.​

Redhorn:
I really think ACME has a great shot at winning this world, since family tribes usually fail, this rules out about half of the top tribes.

They have good northwestern position, they are spread out well, but close enough for supporting and planing operations together. From the look at their profile they present their tribe well, it seems they are doing well on the recruiting. I suspect they are definitely in it to win it.

Question 7
: Who out of the top ten players do you view as a potential winner, and who do you think won't last long?
Redhorn: ALessonInPointWhoring

I had the privilege to play with this guy for about two days, he is easily the most knowledgeable, and profoundly acute at this game, it is hard not to respect his play.

He knows every concept from leading and creating a winning tribe to being successful in advancing to the top. I am definitely have my money on him as the top player for this world.

AS for the rest of the players, I have not much to say at this time, most likely 65% or more that are top players now will fall back below the top twenty.[/spoil]

The interview with Eagles was given by yoda boy 9, the leader.

YB: Well it depends if its just mass invites then its bound to fail. For smart tribes that see how many extra players want to join them after try already Cap the max amount it's smart to get a second tribe afloat so you have good loyal members.

To Eagles we have a family based system as in I look at my members to be apart of my second family which means I wouldn't want any of them kicked out or stronger pointed players. We tried that on this world to begin the first two days but it didn't feel right so we are thinking if the idea of a family tribe.

It's a difficult choice in the end as you are pointing yourself on the Map for those people who want you gone ASAP. Many do not trust tribes with more then two branches under there control...

YB: Well obviously I won't be giving away our game plan as that would ruin the overall surprise.

Mainly we will be looking for the easy targets that seem to not be taking the world as serious as others and making room for farming.

We are looking for a organized way to figure out other targets and how to put people in to groups and is they will be temporary or permanent groups until nobles have been our for awhile.

This is kind of a difficult question in the long wrong to answer without giving spoilers.

If there is one thing I can say though us that Eagles work with Honor. It always been a big thing with us. No spies, no underhanded deeds. If we attack a past alliance or Nap it won't be for at least 24 hours after the diplomacy is out.

I doubt we will attack those that have given respect but its hard to say if we will be going after the smaller tribes when we look for farms. I personally remember being that player who was the first of the farms and it doesn't make the game fun and that's what it is supposed to be, fun.

YB: Well this is Eagles 14th world so we are a dedicated tribe, sadly we had some falling outs because of how we did recruitment to start it all off. We have fixed it but the friends that were hurt by it are not in forgiving moods.

Now this has been and is the best world Eagles has ever had and we were made on W56 by Spoonick but because of hurt feelings he has said that this is no Eagles world.

It's a hard thing when you go 14 worlds with people and one breaks up a good tribe and good friendships.

Currently though I think we have a solid group of members and a great leadership team right now and that's saying something since we lost our core leaders in the past few worlds due to RL.

I have to say I don't expect to win but we have a good chance to make it far. Either way though win or lose as long as we are having fun as a family and if we die then we die as a family. That's what makes this game fun and worth playing.

Question 4: Are there any other top twenty tribes - or any other tribes - that you currently view as a threat?

YB: No ones a threat this early. Most are point whoring and in the end that may help them but when they get over taken by a tribe that went for troops and farming over point whoring they won't be worth there points.

It's a tricky system. You have to be smart in how you build so I had my Co-Duke who has won a few worlds type up a good building start for the first day so most would be good in points And be able to start towards LC and Scouts by the end of the first week.

Like I said though no tribe is a threat to anyone right now. I have seen tribes in the 100ranks and lower take down top 20's this early. My first world with Eagles on W56 we took down 2 Top 20 tribes before we finally were taken out of the game. I can't for the life of me remember there names I just know they had us at either be eaten slowly or go at them tooth and nail.

Follow up: You have mentioned a few members of your tribe... Are there any names (maybe on new accounts?) that people may recognise as big stars from previous worlds?

YB: U r here3, Clanmum, Emryan, are 3 world winners from W21. They have been with Eagles awhile off and on

Question 5: Pick one top twenty tribe as the winner and explain your choice. Your own tribe can not be used as an answer.

YB: I will be honest I have no idea. It's still up in the air. Obviously who ever is #1 in points more then likely have been troop whoring so if anyone is really smart they will try to break through that wall before it thickens.

I don't think anyone has an upper hand until nobles come out and how those first people use them.

Question 6: Ogth of ~D.W~ said that, "I think that Ea are going to fall in ranks quickly. They were competing with two other good tribes for players and are ending up at the wrong end of the stick. They have already began falling ranks and I believe that will continue."

What do you think of this?

YB: I will be as brutally honest as I can here because no one insults my tribe or its members...

We are Eagles not some ordinary tribe we may fall in rank but we still fly higher then any other tribe when it comes to our dedication to each and every member we have.

They may think we picked the wrong members but I wouldn't change them out for any others at this point because Once an Eagle ALWAYS an Eagle...

Now the sheer fact that he bases experience and prowess on rank alone makes me wonder of his tribe is much more then a bunch of people with points and nothing else... I assure you my Family of Eagles has more fight in them then any other tribe.

I am not a player that will try to tell you what's gunna happen when I am unsure of he actual facts and that is why I wasn't about to put one tribe in front of another when I gave my opinion on winners chances.

I don't pretend to be a member of the Glory train because I am not. My stats can prove that, but I have the sense to know how a real tribe should win a world and that is through Honor and TrustWorthy actions. Not disdainful self glorification...[/spoil]

From what it seems, we have some fighting spirit with the Eagles... will the answer of Ogth and Dark Wolves go down well with them? May the eagle and the wolf go to war in the future? We'll find out soon enough!

I would like to say a big thank you to everybody I interviewed that decided to take their time to answer my questions!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

where r the answers?

Some people are still as yet to come back to me with answers so I've just left them blank and will edit them in later whenever people are kind enough to reply to me. For any future editions, however, all replies will be there BEFORE posting.

DeletedUser71572

dfg

The interview with Dark Wolves was given by Ogth, their leader.

[spoil]Question 1: Many people in Tribal Wars view "family tribes" as quite a noob thing to have, especially early in the start up of a world. What would you say to them?

Ogth: Well I would say to them it's their opinion to frown upon family tribes. Yes many family tribes don't make it and that is due to lack of co-operation between the two tribes. We (~L.W~, their brother tribe.) share all forums and ensure our member activly take part in forum activities together to make us seem as one tribe. Not two.

Question 2:
Now that beginner protection has ended, what is your plan? Just farming everything in general or do you plan for any wars?

Ogth: The first plan as our tribe is to farm pretty much anyone who isn't in one of the top tribes. Our aim is to avoid early wars which just cause everyone to slow down growth to fight wars. Instead we plan to wait until we have cats and nobles before starting wars. So for now, just farm anything which is an easy target

Ogth: The internal chemistry of the tribe I would say is in good standing order. I would like to add that the chemistry is also extremely well attached to our brother tribe ~L.W~. We share all of our forums together and everyone gets along really well. We did have one debate (not really an argument) which was over the idea of forming an academy tribe. The votes for pretty split over it but in the end everyone was pretty happy. They reason why I say debate is because even though it got heated, it was only players giving their point of view not really fighting among themselves.

Follow up question: Do you see your proximity to your brother tribe as a problem in the future when nobling and expansion starts to happen?

Ogth:
No we do not. Our member are actually all pretty spread out to ensure plent of farming room and noble targets for future. We aimed to have experienced players spread out instead of lots of average players really close together

Question 4: How do you see ~D.W~ doing in this world? Are you in it to win it, or are you just going along and seeing how the ride is?

Ogth:
Well most of here are in it for the fun. But doing well and possible winning would be an added bonus.

Ogth: Being perfectly honest, yes we do. The main tribe we see as a threat to us is ACME. Even though we over power the in troops and members many of their players are extremely experienced. They know what they are doing and overlap with our tribe greatly. Also their greatly selfish and aragonite behaviour when you try and communicate with them shows how they could easily turn on anyone. Exp we see as no threat as we have already communicated with their duke and get along with them perfectly fine. Just at the top you don't openly admit who you fear. Any sign of weakness and your tribe becomes prey and no longer the predator.

Question 6: Pick one top twenty tribe as the winner and explain your choice. Please try and not use your own tribe.

Ogth: Out of the top 20 I would say ACME have a very good chance at winning this world because they have defiantly a good share of the best players.
Additionally, Ogth added: I would say ACME, Exp and probably ~D.W~ are likely to finish in top 10. Reason for that is not because we are at the top now, but the players we have. Probably out of the best players in this world a good 70% of them are spread between our three tribes. I think that Ea are going to fall in ranks quickly. They were competing with two other good tribes for players and are ending up at the wrong end of the stick. They have already began falling ranks and I believe that will continue.

Ogth: Out of players I can honestly not say. I know no one here personally and never played with any. They all have great stats so I guess we'll have to wait and see. But I hope to have the top players in my tribe though.[/spoil]

I like you. I think we can become friends.

The interview with LoOnEy TuNeS was given by Unknown Haz@rd, the questions and queries man.

UH: Everything that comes out of BP gets hit, obviously in a preferred order to the player as he/she might want to grow some targets first before hitting.

No Diplomacy, everything is open to aim.

UH: Hinder... Hah.

Yeah, there was a few arguments early on though if it didn't happen I would have been surprised.

Every tribe has it's up and downs, though a hinder.. No chance bud.

Follow up: Are you able to go into any more detail about these arguments?

UH: [Some were] Personal and a few was lack of farms though we agreed a restart and a wider spread happened so everything is sound now.

Question 4: How do you see ACME doing in this world? Are you in it to win it, or are you just going along and seeing how the ride is?

Question 7: Who out of the top ten players do you view as a potential winner, and who do you think won't last long?[/spoil]

In my experience attacking everyone straight out the traps is usually what ends in a gang bang. I've certainly had a few coalitions against me before, never underestimate 1,000 noobs!

My short opinions on the leaders you've interview so far. Chances are neither tribes will last long, but this is my first world back in over a year. I'd like to see how and if pre-mades/early formed tribes go far.

DeletedUser

Can you update, the 10 ten has changed now, cheers buddy :)

DeletedUser

All interviews that were done have now been added :D

Can you update, the 10 ten has changed now, cheers buddy :)

I anticipate on doing the top ten players within the next couple of days, and then I'll go back to tribes in about a week. possibly less, to see how they've gotten on.

If anybody has any requests for tribes or players they want to see interviewed, or if you have any questions you'd like asked, please just post them here and I'll get them done! I aim to keep this blog going for a loooong time.

DeletedUser

It was a good read.

Interesting how so many leaders speak fondly of ACME :D

DeletedUser

Hello again, people! Sorry for the delay, real life sometimes has to take precedence, I'm afraid.

Whilst in my pause, I was approached by a young man named Kilzr who offered me a good proposition... help him blog! So I accepted. From now on, all of my blogs for this world will be available on his website at www.kilzr.co.uk. He blogs about many things and he does World 68 and other games himself, and I will be taking control of World 70 at this link here! :D

I will post on this to let everybody know when an update has posted.

As usual, please leave any comments on this thread, as well as suggestions for future interviews.

Today's interview was our ranked two player, Abused Tampon!

Opinions?

DeletedUser

Perhaps interviews of top 10 would be fun to see :D

I'm halfway through the number one, Clueless. and I intend on doing the rest of the top ten on Saturday and Sunday and then resting a few days and then top ten tribes (again, they've all changed now) and then by that time hopefully some tribe will have declared war :D

DeletedUser106614

Dont interview Clueless...they are nubs...all 6 of them on the acct