Class is temporary, form is permanent

DeletedUser

Stringer Bell said:
You can send your kids to school but you can't buy Class.

So I'm used to making a thread, making fun of people, hearing their outrage, rolling over them ingame and then hearing their silence.

I mean, SNAP pulled out of even attacking us, KoS gave up after one failed wave and as for ~INC~, they rolled over and disbanded after losing a forum argument and a few villages.

An easy victory isn't just demoralizing for the defeated, its demoralizing for the victor too. Whats the point of fighting if no one fights back ?

So over at the end of the Triple Rainbow (and keep in mind our survival in TW means nothing to us, we're playing for the sake of playing with each other) decided that our next war would be anything but easy. We wanted a tribe who would put up a fight.

The fight came to us. We had intel for over a week that Class would hit us. We knew who they would hit and when. We considered mass mailing them and telling them to back off. We didn't. We figured they wouldn't and we didn't want them to.

To their credit, they didn't try to wheedle or double deal, they didn't try to make an alliance against us. Just one tribe against another, Random can respect that.

Stats in this war:

[spoil]
Side 1:
Tribes: Random
Side 2:
Tribes: Class

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 17
Side 2: 1
Difference: 16

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 83,825
Side 2: 4,045
Difference: 79,780

chart

[/spoil]

[spoil]Side 1:
Side 2:

Timeframe: Last 48 hours

Side 1: 7
Side 2: 0
Difference: 7

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 39,840
Difference: 39,840

chart

[/spoil]

To make this thread interesting I invite the denizens of W73 fora to make as many bad puns and one liners as possible using the word Class.

Galum said:
Class dismissed

spanking.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would like to Classify this thread as random worthy.

DeletedUser

Good read, Good luck to both sides, should be an interesting war.

I'd class this as the biggest war of w73 so far.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Firstly - nice post :)

The fight came to us. We had intel for over a week that Class would hit us. We knew who they would hit and when. We considered mass mailing them and telling them to back off. We didn't. We figured they wouldn't and we didn't want them to.

I'm not meaning any disrespect by this comment, but I'm confused by some conflict in your comments. You say you want to have a fight, and that the game is not worth playing if you don't get a fun fight.

Fights are more fun when you have the 'unknown' factor. When you have the information telling you who will be hit & when, the fight becomes easy/easier. And so it takes away some of the fun factor.

Why would you gather intel in the quantity you imply in your post, if you actually want to fight a tribe who will put up a 'fight'. They can't put up a fight if you use intel.

I have nothing against tribes using spies - personally I shy away from using them for the above reason. It just seems a bit of a paradox.

DeletedUser

Firstly - nice post :)

I'm not meaning any disrespect by this comment, but I'm confused by some conflict in your comments. You say you want to have a fight, and that the game is not worth playing if you don't get a fun fight.

Fights are more fun when you have the 'unknown' factor. When you have the information telling you who will be hit & when, the fight becomes easy/easier. And so it takes away some of the fun factor.

Why would you gather intel in the quantity you imply in your post, if you actually want to fight a tribe who will put up a 'fight'. They can't put up a fight if you use intel.

I have nothing against tribes using spies - personally I shy away from using them for the above reason. It just seems a bit of a paradox.

Actually tribes can put up a fight while having intel gathered against them. Gathering intel is part of war. This is recognized in the fact that the game has scout units as well. Spies are a human extension of the same.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
That response doesn't argue the underlying point that if you don't 'gather intel' through the use of 'human extension' spies, you will have more of a challenge as you can't simply pre-stack and kill an entire Op, making it no challenge at all.

If you disagree, that's fair enough. But there is a huge difference between the use of 'scouts' and the use of 'spies'. And if you actually want the challenge you claim to want, you are actively avoiding it through your use of spies - making a large part of the first post redundant.

DeletedUser

That response doesn't argue the underlying point that if you don't 'gather intel' through the use of 'human extension' spies, you will have more of a challenge as you can't simply pre-stack and kill an entire Op, making it no challenge at all.

If you disagree, that's fair enough. But there is a huge difference between the use of 'scouts' and the use of 'spies'. And if you actually want the challenge you claim to want, you are actively avoiding it through your use of spies - making a large part of the first post redundant.

I suggest you sit and watch if you ever get a noble train incoming on one of your villages. Try to make the train disappear just by looking at it maybe. That might be the kind of challenge you seek.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I suggest you sit and watch if you ever get a noble train incoming on one of your villages. Try to make the train disappear just by looking at it maybe. That might be the kind of challenge you seek.

You seem to be missing the point. Defending is possible without being told:

'player X' will attack you, starting on the 'Y'th of April.'

You don't need that information in order to defend. You have the information when it gets sent, and can defend with that information at the time rather than having it days in advance (making it more challenging).

Tribes can be very successful and not lose unnecessary casualties without using spies, and indeed have been many times in the past. It just adds an extra challenge and levels the playing field, which some players enjoy more than just steam-rolling a tribe.

DeletedUser113712

Random is far too talented. They should play with handicaps to make it more enjoyable.

I'm glad you recognize that. Personally, I'm playing without farming, and have thus far been victorious. While yes, I don't steamroll to such a dramatic extent as those of us who do farm, it is indeed much more enjoyable.

DeletedUser

You seem to be missing the point. Defending is possible without being told:

'player X' will attack you, starting on the 'Y'th of April.'

Oh. Excuse me then. Maybe the challenge I provided was not the one you were looking for.

However, let me try presenting a possible example this time:

Try defending with offensive troops, and never build any walls.

Surely this one is pretty possible, right?

What I am trying to imply here is, I don't enjoy giving enemies free handicaps so as to make them to pose some level of challenge. However, I do like it when enemies prove challenging without me having to create challenges on my own.

devil667

We have never claimed to know which villas will be targeted, what has been told is that we knew when they will be moving in on us, and rest was philosophy. :icon_wink:

Yes Class is putting up a fight no doubt about that, we knew they would, the quality of players aren't negligible in there either, + Penetrating a bunch of turtles is never the most pleasant experience.

For now, enjoy a nice tune dedicated to Class members and Leadership alike.
[video=youtube;F_JF8oSxXtM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_JF8oSxXtM[/video]

Details will be unfolded at a later time & date.

DeletedUser111398

tumblr_ma3shfTXFf1qcca7ko1_500.jpg

Side 1:
Side 2:

Timeframe: Last 24 hours

Side 1: 9
Difference: 9

chart