Start of World 80

DeletedUser656

Start of World 80

World 80 will start on Thursday the 23rd of April at around 10:00. Pre-registration is available now so you can secure your place and invite your friends. You can login to the world straight away to form your tribe and prepare for the world's start. When the world starts you will be placed near your tribe mates if you are in a tribe.

The world has a dominance based winning condition. Once a tribe reaches 70% dominance, the world will automatically close to registrations and the endgame phase will begin. At this point, restarts will be disabled. This will last for 90 days, after which automatic peace will come into effect and the world will end shortly after. Only one tribe can win the world. An allied win is not possible.

Additional premium features, such as build time reduction and premium trading are enabled.

The settings

Not sure what some of the settings mean? Click here for more information.

Speed:1.5
Unit speed:0.7
Flags:Yes
Hauls:Yes
Paladin:Yes, enhanced items
Archers:Yes
Church enabled:No
Noble system:Gold coins
Morale:Points and unlimited time based
Bonus villages:Yes
Barbarian villages:Grow to 3000 points
Tech system:Simple
Beginner protection:3 days
Tribe limit:80
Other info:Players can choose their starting direction. There will be an attack and support gap of 100ms.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Time-

Breaking with patterns here. Even worlds are usually 1.0 troop speed. Archers has been 2 worlds enabled, 2 worlds disabled for a while. This would have been one with no archers, hence no pally weapons, which I was looking forward to.

Too fast for me.
Again bonfires.
Not a fan of the tribe limit either. :(

DeletedUser

Morthy come on.....i figured we would have good settings for once....;( ugh

DeletedUser

With that tribe limit? No thanks. They really think people want tribes with that many members?

DeletedUser

With that tribe limit? No thanks. They really think people want tribes with that many members?
amen, tw is going down hill. no one wants that high of tribe limit. i say 30 is the most it should ever be

DeletedUser117534

Who said anyone needs to have member numbers close to the 80 limit? A bad tribe will fail either with 40 or 80 members. A decent tribe will limit members internally not allowing it to get out of controll. The limit is a dissadvantage only for noobs, first they feel safe to have a big group of potential support then to realise that again they are just food for someone better. Nothing changes at the end as they start playing on a new world and before starting they will whinge again about bad settings ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105718

Like it matters in TribalWars anymore. If tribes want to hug and win together, they will always aim to do so, regardless of the tribelimit. Now they can simply quit the pretending to be two separate tribes and just join a single one.

DeletedUser

Settings have ruined this game anymore. All TW cares about is money haha

DeletedUser105718

Settings have ruined this game anymore. All TW cares about is money haha
Settings don't matter for people that want to have fun and play the game. If you can't enjoy playing with your friends regardless of the settings (the only exception I'd say would be the hauls setting), then you're the reason this game is dying.

DeletedUser

Settings don't matter for people that want to have fun and play the game. If you can't enjoy playing with your friends regardless of the settings (the only exception I'd say would be the hauls setting), then you're the reason this game is dying.

Your name explains your response, less people play tw now, the reason? Settings and most worlds people play for PP and now TW charges PP for everything. People don't wanna spend more money for a game that was free at the beginning when it came out. Last i knew we all can express our opinions and if you look up to other comments they all say the same thing. I do agree with your thought on the whole friend thing. Thats the only reason i still play is cus the old friends here. Other than that settings are god awful anymore.

DeletedUser111085

You dont have to spend money to earn PP... people who know how to play to a basic level can earn a tonne of PP whilst maintaining their rank and not spend a single dime...

I agree the tribe limit is way too high though.

DeletedUser117534

TW addiction is to strong to stop playing this bloody game regardless of the circumstances.
In 5 years time we'll be in the same spot arguing about the settings and all the reasons why the game is slowly dying and we will keep playing it anyway ;)
The world is starting in few days and I bet most of people are quite excited to give it a shot one more time.
I am, can't wait till Thursday.

DeletedUser116761

Had seen huge tribes in the start of TW and was expecting to catch it up again in a global server with the hope of many big-tribe lovers to join it. But (as a song says) "it was only just a dream". 2500 active members per global server ain't enough for this kind of world :(

Tbh, this is how TW should be played. Many players, many huge tribes, many nominees for the victory. Of course, it can be a one ruler world (happened so many times in the past) but i like to think it positively and not expect it. Talking of positive thinking, with that many members in a tribe and a decent strategy, it would be finally possible to overcome the heavy PP users.

All in all, i agree that the units are way too slow(!!!), i love all the other settings but sadly they are inappropriate for the unpopulated servers we have atm. With 10.000 true active users (and the common ones who join every single world to abandon it a month ago) and a faster unit speed (1.5 would be perfect), it would be "the ideal server".

DeletedUser

TW addiction is to strong to stop playing this bloody game regardless of the circumstances.
In 5 years time we'll be in the same spot arguing about the settings and all the reasons why the game is slowly dying and we will keep playing it anyway ;)
The world is starting in few days and I bet most of people are quite excited to give it a shot one more time.
I am, can't wait till Thursday.

Seriously you're right.
And it'll be fun for newer members who've not really played in such huge tribes.

BonerChief

Your name explains your response, less people play tw now, the reason? Settings and most worlds people play for PP and now TW charges PP for everything. People don't wanna spend more money for a game that was free at the beginning when it came out. Last i knew we all can express our opinions and if you look up to other comments they all say the same thing. I do agree with your thought on the whole friend thing. Thats the only reason i still play is cus the old friends here. Other than that settings are god awful anymore.
slowthinker is a lot smarter than you. You say Tw is declining because of settings and p2w. No. Tw was declining before p2w even became a setting on .net. And to say a world with bad settings is the cause of decline is pure idiocy. We get it you don't like the settings but what you are saying is some of the dumbest things ever.

Dont insult anyones intelligence again. You are a guy who steals other people's graphic works and claims it as his own. With that said these settings are actually decent and it's good to see it go away from speed 1.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Breaking with patterns here. Even worlds are usually 1.0 troop speed. Archers has been 2 worlds enabled, 2 worlds disabled for a while. This would have been one with no archers, hence no pally weapons, which I was looking forward to.

Too fast for me.
Again bonfires.
Not a fan of the tribe limit either. :(

No arch does not imply no paladin weapons.

http://en68.tribalwars.net/stat.php?mode=settings

W68 clearly was no arch, with paladin weapons.

The Premium worlds are in fact more populated than the worlds without the premium features. Your logic fails. Badly. As does your weakass ad hominem attempt.

Last edited: