Top 20 discussion

mattcurr

This might be what sparked the argument bcuz, personally, I thought u were saying timing is not important.
That one part of a whole post was a joke and in the context of the converstation i explained what I had meant 4 times at that point in full detail
Don't know if that is to try and spark more debates on the forums to bring some life here or u just like pushing buttons.

I make true statements directly about the game. Ill be dismissive of people who dont understand what they are talking about but unlike araballa and garrock I dont insult people outside the context of the game. You can take my straight forward attitude as obnoxious or refreshingly honest Ill even help an enemy if it is to give me more of a challenge. And the real difference is if I am proven wrong Ill post and say so I wont change what I say and insult the person, if its in skype Ill say i was wrong. Happens a lot with tom, hell it happened yesterday in this forum. If that is what you consider an obnoxiuos person and garrock and arabella who insult people are not? Well you;re entiled to think so

Last edited:

arabela

Yeah, you are too smart compared to all of us. Only few people are on your high level and able to understand you ;) people like me and Garrock are not smart enough to understand a genial mind ...

Poor you. I can bet is not easy to have such a good image about yourself...

mattcurr

Yeah, you are too smart compared to all of us. Only few people are on your high level and able to understand you ;) people like me and Garrock are not smart enough to understand a genial mind ...

Poor you. I can bet is not easy to have such a good image about yourself...

I mean everyone lets take this for example.

I calmly and rationally explained to her what I had meant a few times. I treated her with respect by doing this. After she continually ignored me I dismissed her as a troll. And now see how she acts? Like a petulant child. I pose to you an honest question, is forcefully or confidently explaining your point obnoxious or is debasing yourself to what ever this is obnoxious?

arabela

When u are calm u don't use caps lock ;)

And yeah, you are annoying. And, yes, sometimes maybe i react like a child. This time is not one of those cases. Probably, u are frustrated cause u realize u were wrong and now u try to put me on a bad light. Will probably work this on few...very few ;)

Last edited:

twenty-five

I use caps lock all the time when I am calm, THAT MAKES ABSOLUTELY ZERO SENSE. Lots of people do, Matt included.

arabela

2) I've said timing is not all that important. Ive had to snipe here and time as well. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NEVER SAID TIMING ISNT IMPORTANT AT ALL READ FOR CHRIST'S SAKE

Especially that "Christ Sake" sounds to me so calm :x

mattcurr

2) I've said timing is not all that important. Ive had to snipe here and time as well. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NEVER SAID TIMING ISNT IMPORTANT AT ALL READ FOR CHRIST'S SAKE

Especially that "Christ Sake" sounds to me so calm :x

one line in one post to hopefully draw your attention to it since you ignored that fact before. People can view my tone as they wish, the fact remains I explained many times what I meant with respect. You hid behind insults and childish behavior :)

arabela

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NEVER SAID TIMING ISNT IMPORTANT AT ALL READ FOR CHRIST'S SAKE

:X

How can u see this otherwise than it is?

Edit: not sure who is the child between us, rly.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I make true statements directly about the game. Ill be dismissive of people who dont understand what they are talking about but unlike araballa and garrock I dont insult people outside the context of the game. You can take my straight forward attitude as obnoxious or refreshingly honest Ill even help an enemy if it is to give me more of a challenge. And the real difference is if I am proven wrong Ill post and say so I wont change what I say and insult the person, if its in skype Ill say i was wrong. Happens a lot with tom, hell it happened yesterday in this forum. If that is what you consider an obnoxiuos person and garrock and arabella who insult people are not? Well you;re entiled to think so

I'm just pointing out what I observed. I think players would be more receptive of the hints you try to drop on the forums if u put urself across a bit differently.

I thought timing was a very important ingame, granted I don't have a lot of ingame experience, and by posting here u made me think differently. Just saying u could reach more players if u posted a bit differently.

mattcurr

I'm just pointing out what I observed. I think players would be more receptive of the hints you try to drop on the forums if u put urself across a bit differently.

I thought timing was a very important ingame, granted I don't have a lot of ingame experience, and by posting here u made me think differently. Just saying u could reach more players if u posted a bit differently.

I learned long ago it doesnt matter how you say something for the most part. Once someone knows a thing, they know a thing no matter how wrong it is. People like you will take what I say and think about it and draw your own conclusions because you have an open mind. Nothing I can say will open a closed mind. Im never trying to convince someone like her that timing is a side tactic that isnt that important in most situations. But Im going to convince you and 10 other people who didnt comment.

Its why I dont say my whole thoughts, not to hide my strategies, but to make people draw their own strategies from the information. Because just copying my solution doesnt help you

Last edited:

arabela

"Someone like her" doesn't suck so bad on defending, u know? I don't defend only by sniping. Sniping is only solving the defending for the moment, then u must find other solutions :)

Like first u make a step with right foot, then left foot...

Last edited:

DeletedUser111085

Of course Pa Fehk Tai Mihn thinks timing is important... Also a question to Mattcurr, is that why your location is 'Synchronized Dance Class' ?

Garrock

If they couldnt send a decent train? Id teach them better ways to noble. If they couldnt send due to knowledge well by god if they knew everything but that Id be happy to teach that that takes about 1 minute.

But the original conversation was 450 ms vs 300 ms trains. And if you think there is a damn bit of difference you dont know how to snipe or time or use proper trains.

Any player who thought timing was the only way to defend I'd kick out of shake

Edited... didn't want this to turn into a flame.

Your quote adds in additional elements. The discussion no longer encompasses only noble trains. And for what it's worth, I agree with you completely that a train does not have to be perfect, but one cannot dismiss completely timing either, it is a very important aspect of the game.

Kudos to your willingness to teach people, but even then they have to learn timing, and even on a very vanilla level, timing when nobling is important... even if the nobles originate from 4 seperate villages.
If disagreeing with you in a general way makes me a noob then I suppose I am one.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

"Someone like her" doesn't suck so bad on defending, u know? I don't defend only by sniping. Sniping is only solving the defending for the moment, then u must find other solutions :)

Like first u make a step with right foot, then left foot...

stating this, the totally obvious, is like taking a job and then boasting that you have mastered step 1: turning up.

well done...want a gold star?

arabela

Nah, thx. You can give that medal to exceptional players, I am average. But in my "middle level" of playing, i still can understand "someone like him(Matt)" if he explains from his strategy to defend, and also i was able to build up my own during the worlds i played. The only reason i said that was to tell him that he doesn't exactly speak with someone that just started to play. Maybe he is better than me or maybe i can overplay him with my strategy, nobody knows... He shouldn't underestimate me saying "someone like her" ;)

Last edited:

mattcurr

Edited... didn't want this to turn into a flame.

Your quote adds in additional elements. The discussion no longer encompasses only noble trains. And for what it's worth, I agree with you completely that a train does not have to be perfect, but one cannot dismiss completely timing either, it is a very important aspect of the game.

Kudos to your willingness to teach people, but even then they have to learn timing, and even on a very vanilla level, timing when nobling is important... even if the nobles originate from 4 seperate villages.
If disagreeing with you in a general way makes me a noob then I suppose I am one.

If you would time nobles from 4 separate villages yes in terms of understanding troop use strategies you're a noob. Nothing to do with dissent of me and that is where your false bullshit make everything personal comes into play. Which is such a bull shit cop out. If you're afraid to enter into a debate about the merits run away and don't post don't turn it into some bullshit personal attack bullshit because you don't know enough to defend your ideas.

Attacking with pure Spears is retarded and timing 4 separate noble nukes is retarded end of story :/ not really an opinion honestly shocked you said it. Give me 1 advantage of landing 4 nuke nobles in 1 second over spreading them through 10 minutes

He shouldn't underestimate me saying "someone like her" ;)

Closed minded is not an underestimation its an observation. A lot of people are unwilling to go against what everyone "knows" to be true. I have always challenged that and there have always been people like you who say well I did well doing what I do. Which is great for you but you're still wrong, much like the people who argued and argue that starting pure offense is smart. Long established tradition, I constantly bash as only done by people who are bad at tw on a fundamental level.

Last edited:

twenty-five

Attacking with pure Spears is retarded and timing 4 separate nukes is retarded end of story :/ not really an opinion honestly shocked you said it. Give me 1 advantage of landing 4 nuke nobles in 1 second over spreading them through 10 minutes

You only have to be on once to read the reports? Rather than check again in 10 mins?