Sol's Soapbox: An Unoffical and Politically Incorrect Blog

roman01

Cal (Solace) is under no obligation to write these on a regular basis. He'll write them when and where he feels fit. If it's stickied solely on content then that would be great, but don't be expecting weekly updates for many months at a time.

P.S: Cal's 500pp offer still stands. However you will need to come over to me on W81 to be eligible. It's heartwarming that incentives are needed in order to be attacked. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser99229

Cal (Solace) is under no obligation to write these on a regular basis. He'll write them when and where he feels fit. If it's stickied solely on content then that would be great, but don't be expecting weekly updates for many months at a time.

P.S: Cal's 500pp offer still stands. However you will need to come over to me on W81 to be eligible. It's heartwarming that incentives are needed in order to be attacked. :icon_wink:

whats this ?

DeletedUser

Blog Post #3 - The Sacred Art of Pointwhoring

Hello all. Thank you for your patience (or lack of. I'm looking at you Max) in waiting for the latest issue of my blog here. While I do try to update as frequently as I can, I do have work, a life and other in-game responsibilities, that tend to sometimes take priority. My rough aim for this world will be to make a quality post roughly every week or so, though I may put things up more often or less often depending how motivated I am to write. If it really does seem to have been a very long time since my last update, please feel free to beat me up on Skype about it, or write something yourself! I'm more than happy to take guest submissions for my blog, should anyone feel the urge to write about something and have it posted up on here.

For those of you asking for a concise listing of posts, at the start of the thread, I'll get that done shortly after this goes up. My thinknig was to actually create a second thread for this blog, while keeping this thread for here for commenting, like with some of the other recent blogs.

We'll start off with a bit of a look at some of the current top tribes. Apologies it's a tiny bit outdated as far as numbers go, wrote it yesterday, some IRL things came up, and didn't have a chance to finish the rest of the blog before the numbers changed. In any case the information is still for the most part relevant.

IsVHTBi.gif

Top 10 Tribes Analysis:

[spoil]1. Horde (Horde): The rank 1 tribe for this world, currently, is the premade Horde. Those high points at this stage are a good indicator of lots of activity and a lot of growth, but could also indicate a lack of troops, which may see them targeted by other nearby tribes. Lead by Lord Eastwood, and containing the infamous ThunderingIce in their ranks, they should definitely be a tribe to watch over the coming few weeks. They have a very strong position in the northe east of the world, that also pushes down into the south east as well. Their cluster has a mixture of members from rank 9 EMP and rank 3 Ded in it, though these players are all pretty well outnumbered by the Horde. I don't see this tribe having a lot of early game troubles, though their south east contingent may run into trouble with NHNP or Sass. Moving into mid-game, their biggest competitor for North East dominance will likely be current rank 5 tribe Stuck, who have a strong north east rim spread.

Members: 9/10 - Some great players, and some great growth indicating a lot of activity and good builds.
Profile: 9/10 - Love it. The CoA is beautiful, and the tribal profile text is simple and effective.
Position: 9/10 - Excellent. Lots of room to expand and dominate in, early game.

2. Blood. (Blood Promise Empire): Lead by Angel of Fire, the Blood Promise Empire has been sitting up near the top of the rankings through most of start up, with judicious usage of in-game recruitment, and by moving up players from their academy tribe Legion as they grow to larger sizes. Whether you agree or disagree with the methodology used by this tribe, it has certainly proven effective for them, up until this point. Blood has a fairly dominant position in the core of k44, especially when you also factor in that their academy tribe Legion is currently sitting at rank 22 overall. k44 however is heavily contested by a number of other top 10 tribes, with half of the worlds current top tribes holding significant interests in this continent, notably GOAT, the GG family, AO and SSNs. Success for them will depend on how well they play their diplomacy, in this heavily contested area. Blood's position is most heavily focused on the north and south east sections of k44, which will no doubt draw them into some conflict with nearly every other major tribe there.

Members: 3/10 - Some high ranked players, but not a lot. Not a lot of really recognisable names.
Profile: 8/10 - Absolutely love the wordplay used here, nicely done.
Position: 4/10 - Spread out over most of the continent. How well they will do depends a lot on diplomacy and individual player skill, in my opinion.

3. Ded (Death Becomes You): A premade tribe based in the south west of the map, this is one of 3 top 10 tribes, all of whom are premade, which are basically sitting on top of each other. Ded also has a scattering of players in the northeast core as well, that are intermingled in the area predominantly controlled by rank 1 tribe Horde. They appear to have supplemented the original premade with a fair amount of in-game recruiting. Of the three tribes I would say that Ded has the weakest position, being most coreward, and with half of their players in a different continent entirely. Considering the other two two premade tribes in their primary continent outnumber them, and in the case of Golden are significantly more hyped up, I doubt we will see Ded emerge as the victors short of some brilliantly executed diplomacy, and some strong coordination from its players. As far as k45 goes, Horde really does have a horde more players than them. Basic maths says they will lose here as well, without some interesting diplomacy.

Members: 7/10 - A solid premade core of players, some players I recognise mixed in with some new recruits.
Profile: 4/10 - Love the Tribal CoA, rest is a little bit boring really.
Position: 2/10 - Very bad. Heavily outnumbered by other premades in both of their main areas.

4. GG (Good Game): Our worlds current rank 4, lead by Kapo, is like the number 2 Blood based almost entirely in k44. Like Blood they are also a family tribe, and have maintained their top ranking through startup through extensive use of in-game recruitment, and through the usage of a number of Academy tribes. In fact, the soon to be talked about rank 6 tribe AO started out as an academy tribe of GG, but split off due to a dispute between the leaders. Because of this obvious tension between AO and GG, I think it is fairly safe to say we can expect some early conflict between these two tribes. Clustered more to the south of k44, I think their position is a little bit better than Blood's if they can utilise that strong clustering to focus down more isolated members of other tribes, such as the obvious AO, but also GOAT and SSNs. If they survive through early game, they may do better looking south to k54 for future expansion, rather than north and towards Blood.

Members: 3/10 - Much like Blood. a lot of turnover, and not a lot of recognisable players.
Profile: 2/10 - Super basic, could use a little bit of work to make it really stand out.
Position: 6/10 - Good southern power base in k44, should make the early game go fairly smoothly for them.

5. Stuck (Bath Bandits): The tribe lead by georg, wih help from rathisamar, that I did an interview for in one of my earlier blog posts. While not seemingly quite as hyped as the Golden Company are, Stuck definitely has its own fair share of hype on this world, with some great players hidden away in their ranks. They have a similar spread, simlar location, and even similar members to world 77's NAM, and according to my last blog post even a similar style of leadership. This world their largest problem is likely to be the lower ranked and slightly more coreward premade dtf, which if the name is anything to go by will happily give them a fight for the k45 rim. Should these guys make it through startup, which by all indications seems likely, they will run into the current rank 1 tribe Horde in relatively short order. Stuck also has some borders with rank 9 EMP, but I don' envisage this being a problem for them.

Members: 9/10 - Great member list. Possibly slightly outclassed by Golden, but time will tell.
Profile: 10/10. Love it. Your poem says they can haul away resources though. Are you guys confused about the world type?
Position: 9/10 - Could hardly ask for a cruisier starting area. Boredom is likely to be bigger kill than other tribes fro Stuck.

6. AO (Alpha Omega): Originally an academy tribe of rank number 4 GG, Alpha Omega broke off to become its own tribe, with a heavy presence in the northern part of k44. The leader, sir edgar1, apparently had a dispute of some kind with the leader of GG. AO is very intermixed with the premade tribe GOAT, and I would guess that some kind of conflict there is almost guaranteed, as well as with their original brother tribe GG. Good diplomacy and good coordination may see them do well, but AO seems to have the weakest position of the top 10 tribes on k44, which could well prove detrimental to them.

Members: 2/10 - Originally an academy tribe. I don't really recognise any particularly well known players in there.
Profile: 1/10 - Not very interesting. They also accuse me of cheating for some reason. :'(
Position: 2/10 - Outnumbered by other strong tribes, and not very well clustered.

7. Golden (The Golden Company): The glorious Golden Company, lead by TheHans and H0llygh0st, this tribe is almost indisputably the most hyped up tribe on world 83. They also seem to have the strongest position of all the world top 10 tribes that are in k45, with the most rimwards position of the 3 premades in the triple premade spread, as well as more and larger players. Still, the early game is likely going to prove challenging for Golden, as SSNs and Ded are both likely to put up a tough fight, even if at a numerical disadvantage. Golden will need to play smart with diplomacy and coordinate well right off the bat, in order to guarantee early game success and live up to the hype that they have generated. Pretty much zero in the way of early game recruitment or dismissals, means that this crew has had a good while to mesh and at a guess unlikely to have much in the way of internal drama.

Members: 10/10 - Without a doubt one of the strongest member lists on the world. Some real talent in here.
Profile: 6/10 - Nice CoA, simple but effective profile text.
Position: 8/10 - Reasonably strong, but still somewhat dangerous due to the other nearby premades.

8. GOAT (Greatest of All Time): Lead by ghio1, this tribe has undergone a few name changes. Originally joining the world as NAM, presumably as a joke and reference to the world 77 tribe by the same name, they have since changed their name to Barcode, a reference to the world 69 Barcode of which ghio1 was a member, and most recently to GOAT. As I was originally a member with them but have since left, I just want to say that my review here may be somewhat less than objective, despite my best efforts. GOAT has a strong position in the NW rim of the world, though their spread is heavily intermingled with fellow top 10 tribes GG, AO and Blood which may cause issues for them. GOAT started the world as a premade, but has so far conducted two merges in-game, merging in players from the premade Premad, which didn't end up joining, as well as the tribe AAA in the Northern part of k44. This merging is in addition to some extensive in-game recruiting. GOAT has thus far lost 4 members of the original premade, myself being one of those.

Members: 6/10 - Some good players from the original core premade, but a lot of untried recruits mixed in as well.
Profile: 4/10 - It is a Goat. Sort of cute, but not all that interesting really.
Position: 6/10 - Strong rim position, but some solid competition from other large nearby tribes.

9. EMP (The Empire): I kind of left this tribe til' last, because I honestly had no idea what to write about them. They have okay cluster up in the north part of k45, but are for the most part thoroughly outclassed by Horde and Stuck on this continent. They are a mass-recruiting tribe, with an academy tribe, but unlike the other 3 mass-recruited tribes on this top 10 list are not doing anywhere near as well. This early fall off does not bode well for them in my opinion. As politically incorrect as it may sound, these guys will end up either eaten by Stuck, eaten by Horde, eaten by a combination of both, or mass-recruited into Blood or Good Game.

Members: 1/10 - Worst mass-recruited tribe with an academy in the top 10.
Profile: 3/10 - Not really all that interesting at all. At least it's formatted nicely.
Position: 2/10 - One nice little cluster, the rest are going to get eaten.

10. SSNs (Silent Swordsmen): The third and final premade to spawn in the southwest rim, Silent Swordsmen is crammed in between Ded and Golden, with a scattering of players in the south of k44 as well. They are lead by ViciousMind. Some good members, and a reasonably strong position, but they seem to be outnumbered and outclassed by Golden. The overall winner of this corner of the world is likely to be determined quite early, with most of us external posters seeming to favour the rather hyped up Golden over SSNs or Ded. An alliance between Ded and SSNs against Golden could see these two tribes survive longer and do well, but we will see what happens once nobles and catapults start flying around over the coming couple of weeks. Not really my pick for the most likely winner down in the south west, but best of luck to you all!

Members: 5/10 - Premade so presumably alright, but weakest premade points wise in the top 10.
Profile: 3/10 - Like the idea, but spelling and grammar mistakes and messiness galore.
Position: 3/10 - Not too good. Stuck in between Ded and Golden.[/spoil]

All that analysis down, and there is still quite a lot of speculation on who we all think will actually come out on top in the short term on this world. There's a lovely little thread for top 3 predictions, so I might put my own 2c in on that and give you guys my top 5 prediction, for the short term:

~

1. GOAT. These guys are the Greatest of all Time. They're going to do great this world, I can just tell! A wonderful spread, and very little competition in their corner of the world. They should dominate easily, and claim the NW with next to no trouble at all. Looking forwards to seeing just how they do over the coming weeks.

2. Horde. Great location and members. They should survive well into the mid game with their current location, and remain a powerhouse into the foreseeable future.

3. Golden. Good guys, good leadership. Tough spawn location for them, but I think Hans and H0lly should be well equipped enough to overcome that and still come out ahead.

4. Sass. I love these guys. Great tribe, with some really talented, if untried, leaders. Considering some of the reports I've seen of what's been happening down in the South East, I've got some pretty high hopes for them.

5. Stuck. Some quality players, and an almost too easy spawn location. They should be able to take down the north east rim with little worries, and should move into and stay in a fairly high ranked position in short order, until the eventual showdown with Horde for control of the North East.

~

Too early to predict? We'll see, but those are my guesses!

Now, as promised. Here's a quick look at k55 and the South East of the world, featuring some interviews with the leaders from both Sass and NHNP, with a map for reference, including all tribes mentioned in said interviews.

03O2B4a.gif

Sass Interview:
[spoil]NB: Since doing this interview, Barcode has renamed to GOAT.

Cal: The world seems to be progressing nicely, and you guys in Sass seem to be doing quite well. Are you happy with how your tribe has done so far with their startup?

Bayley/Asbestos. Sass has got off to a good start. starting to claim the ranks and dominate the area. Got a bit of fresh meat to keep everyone entertained until nobles come out.

Cal: Good to hear. What are your thoughts on some of the other premades in k55? S.C.O. and NHNP come to mind.
ThunderingIce's tribe Horde also has a presence in your corner of the map. Do you reckon you guys will be able to take them, or are you going to be working together perhaps?

Bayley/Asbestos. Horde looks like they got off to a pretty good start. They will have to go through the tribe Start before they even have a front to us. K55 is going to be a big cluster fuck with having 5 premade mixing in between each other. It's a bit early to say who we are going to work with. many will fall apart once nobles come out or even before then. That's all the questions I think.

Cal: Very nice. How about the rest of the world? Are there any other tribes you're watching out for?
Or ones you want to talk about, perhaps.

Bayley/Asbestos. NHNP would be the only tribe worth talking about at the moment. They seem to have a good bunch of players. And I can't wait to see what happens in the next week or two.

Cal: Since this is our first interview, would you mind telling me a little about yourself, and your co-duke Sagar? I have obviously played with you myself, but I'm sure the rest of the world wouldn't mind a little bit of insight.

Bayley/Asbestos. With me and sagar leading sass we have over 15 years of exp combined. We try to bring a new style of leadership TW. So rival leaders may underestimate us and others say "You will be ravaged." I'm not going to lie I may come across as the aggressive one out of the two. Sagar would be more of the thinker and planner.

Cal: What worlds have you two played in the past? The ones I remember best are are the past no hauls worlds of w69 and w77, where you were in Barcode and Dharma respectively. Do you guys have a close relationship at all with the Barcode on this world, perhaps?

Bayley/Asbestos. W69 would be the first world me and sagar played together and since then we have pretty much played every world together. We have no relationship with Barcode what so ever wouldn't mind seeing them rimmed tbh.

Cal: Aha, interesting. Was there anything else you wanted to talk about? That should do it for me. Maybe something you want to say to the externals?

Bayley/Asbestos. Nope. That's it for now :)

Cal: Thanks for doing the interview! Was good to get a chance to hear some of your thoughts on the world, and on continent 55.[/spoil]
NHNP Interview:
[spoil]Brick Tamland: So I'm Brick Tamland, and I'm currently sober

Cal: Was hoping to ask a few questions, and go from there.

Brick Tamland: Yes, I have really enjoyed it so far :)

Cal: Glad to hear.

Brick Tamland: You'll have to excuse me if I'm a bit slow right now. First cup of coffee

Cal: Anyways. We'll start with the obvious ones. If you the two of you could tell me a little bit about yourselves, what worlds you've played on before, and maybe a bit of background on any leadership experience you have?

Brick Tamland: If I am to talk about myself, I will have to include Ron aswell. I am one of the main co's on Channel 4 News Team on 81. I have little leadership experience myself, but we run the tribe here with multiple Dukes.

Cal: Please, go ahead. Happy to hear about your whole leadership team. Anything which can help shed a little light on your tribe for externals is welcome. :)

Brick Tamland: Alrighty. Well, since everyone here is a friend of a friend, we tried to pick the best candidates for our council. I'm not really alowed to dicuss specifics on our council. My feet are tied. It's not too difficult to guess though.

Cal: Fair enough then. Any more general stuff you're willing to share?

Brick Tamland: For whatever reason, everyone in this tribe has a foot fetish. If that's not interesting news than I don't know what is. I believe it's turned into a cult.

Cal: Now, obviously you guys seem to share a bit of an intermingled cluster with a few other premades. Some notable ones being Sass, S.C.O. and Horde, to name a few. Care to share any thoughts on your neighbours?

Brick Tamland: If I'm being honest for once in my life, we haven't given S.C.O. much thought. Most of us have seen Bajak in previous worlds, and we know how that will end up. We do know the majority of Horde members, some of which are still playing with me currently on 81. As for Sass, well, I suppose they would be our main threat. I won't lie to you and tell you that we are not completely without worry of Sass, they are composed of good players, several who were initially supposed to come here. Time will tell what happens there. May the great foot in the sky bless us.

Cal: Haha. #foot all the way.

Brick Tamland: I'm screenshotting that for later.

Cal: How about the rest of the world? There are a few other big name premades out there. Golden, Barcode and Stuck spring to mind. Care to tip any favourites, or give a shout out to anyone?

Brick Tamland: Right now, we are focused soley on our own continent. However, I would guess Golden to be my personal favorite. I do assume Golden to probably be the next biggest threat in the future. But as I said, it's still so early. We're still trying to find out where Sharbel is. Blood is also a tribe to look out for. The leadership there is second to none. We are currently building up our defenses for a war of the century. I'd also like to give a shout out to TuggYo, without him, this interview wouldn't be possible, He's over there holding the camera up.

Cal: Thanks a bunch for your time. Is there anything else you would like to add, or anything to say to externals?

Brick Tamland: No. Thank you for your time, Cal.[/spoil]

Thanks for reading! IRL calls, so I'm unfortunately going to have to leave it at that. Will probably fix up the second map a little later tonight, since I just wanted to get this blog up, so threw one together in about 5 minutes flat as I didn't have time to do a really good one. Tune in next time, hopefully with some player inteviews with some of our first noblers, should any of them be interested in chatting with me.

Signing off.

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
Thanks for this :icon_smile:

[spoil]Brick Tamland: So I'm Brick Tamland, and I'm currently sober

Cal: Was hoping to ask a few questions, and go from there.

Brick Tamland: Yes, I have really enjoyed it so far

Cal: Glad to hear.

Brick Tamland: You'll have to excuse me if I'm a bit slow right now. First cup of coffee
[/spoil]

^ I like that guy! Reminds me of myself :icon_biggrin:

And like I already told our blogger on Skype just now, SSNs and Ded have no members outside of K54. That's just a mapbug.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

so when are you going to interview one of us at dtf? when are we gonna get reviewed? im honestly gettin sick and tired of being left out ;)

whoa post #69 ;)

DeletedUser116682

I am sure if you are worth looking at you will be contacted, if not then.. :')

I'm a fan Solace :) yet another great edition & eagerly awaiting #4.

DeletedUser90465

Cal, you are the worst person ever.
You blatantly left "Freaks" (Your own tribe) out of your blog post and made my tribe "GOAT" to look like the best NW tribe so that your plan to have GG and Blood. OP us falls into place.
Why would you use your blog to direct attention towards us and hide Freaks from the world.

You use dirty and foul play and I don't like it.

You should also include in your blog post that you had Chris/Nebula. and Hunter/Dezz mass create accounts so they could be positioned next to you for an easy merger. Last time I checked that was illegal, but who am I to judge, right?

DeletedUser

Sharbel is life though :(

Good read, thanks for putting that effort in still

Michael Corleone.

Mindless garbage . . .

Last time I checked that was illegal, but who am I to judge, right?

i would feel sympathy for you, but since you like to go around and ddos people on skype, cry more please.

DeletedUser90465

hahahahaha, Alex that's sweet :p. I won't be doing anything "illegal" this word, because I'm a good boy :D

DeletedUser

You blatantly left "Freaks" (Your own tribe) out of your blog post and made my tribe "GOAT" to look like the best NW tribe so that your plan to have GG and Blood. OP us falls into place.
Why would you use your blog to direct attention towards us and hide Freaks from the world.

You should also include in your blog post that you had Chris/Nebula. and Hunter/Dezz mass create accounts so they could be positioned next to you for an easy merger. Last time I checked that was illegal, but who am I to judge, right?

My tribe isn't even in the top 30 last I looked. Not exactly one worthy of a mention in a blog, that's for sure. Especially one that is looking at top tribes.

I'm sorry that my joining this world near a couple of my friends in this game upsets you, Steve. Last I checked though, the game rules explicitly state that merging of accounts is allowed. Should I choose to play on one account with the friends I joined with, that's perfectly legal.

The way you exploited the system to be the mentor for your tribe member Condi, And ensure that he got a 5% refund on every building right through startup is perhaps the thing you were thinking about, regarding less than legal conduct?

DeletedUser101332

Also Steve trying to Steal your own tribemates account to cat us down is a good way of playing too, but who am i to judge right? Also threatening to "Tor" an account and cat cal down if he didn't join your tribe is a good way of gaining loyal tribemembers? but who am i to judge right.

[10:03:19 PM] Steve: accept the invite
[10:04:35 PM] Steve: cal...
[10:04:59 PM] Cal: Steve.
[10:05:21 PM] Steve: yes.
[10:05:24 PM] Steve: Go se
[10:06:00 PM] Steve: otherwise ill Tor an alt account and rush cats on it.
[10:06:19 PM] Steve: and make sure its in the "safe area"
[10:06:26 PM] Cal: I want to stay unnoticed and out of pre's this world.
[10:06:29 PM] Steve: don't piss me off cal
[10:06:32 PM] Cal: And focus on my blog.
[10:06:42 PM] Steve: we aren't going to be a hugeass pre
[10:06:45 PM] Cal: Can't I do that?

lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116463

The Interview with premade leaders was quite boring due to lack of firmness and boldness except for Holly ghost ofcourse. He is the most compassionate on this regard and lavish about his personal venture and his tribe.

DeletedUser90609

Bitter Bitter Bitter, clearly not the best man manager Pal

DeletedUser58259

so when are you going to interview one of us at dtf? when are we gonna get reviewed? im honestly gettin sick and tired of being left out ;)

whoa post #69 ;)

This account is not associated with DTF. In case anyone really thinks otherwise.