[THE TV] Decision on Hammerin'

DeletedUser

So if they disbanded it would be ok and you would accept them in. Yet you did not agree to any method of GREEn disbanding? Weird.

Not sure if your golden tongue just got twisted in knots, or if you "screwed the pooch" :icon_wink:

Lol! :icon_surprised: That's the best you could find Jubal? Meh, its something I suppose.

To the best of my knowledge, Decide said, disband and we will believe you are serious. Not, disband in a shady manner for no particular reason so that we can later deal with it. Hmm... but which makes most sense here?

Shall we employ Occam's Razor again?

So yeah, not sure how my tongue could be in knots, or whatever atrocity I could have done to the pooch, but thanks for the Golden Tongue comment nonetheless. :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Anyways Atraeus, it wouldn't hurt just to check in like you did now and quickly read through (maybe even post :icon_razz: ) a bit in the P&P :icon_wink:
Players like you are hard to find, and you know what they say: Two writers are better than one!

Gicusan

Anyways Atraeus, it wouldn't hurt just to check in like you did now and quickly read through (maybe even post :icon_razz: ) a bit in the P&P :icon_wink:
Players like you are hard to find, and you know what they say: Two writers are better than one!

Translating: "Atraeus, please keep posting as we are very bad at it. For example I am that bad that by winning a bet I got 25 incomings. Save our skin please!"

inflrc

Translating: "Atraeus, please keep posting as we are very bad at it. For example I am that bad that by winning a bet I got 25 incomings. Save our skin please!"

LOL, unfair, but you made me laugh

DeletedUser92

"Disband" means "disband." Decide may very well not have known how it would go about doing it, but if what Green did was so shady and illegitimate, why would Decide still accept them?

And, nevertheless, the minute Green's leaders agreed to disband their tribe in order to save themselves - without having talked it over with their tribemates, at any rate - they sold out. Thus, this is yet stronger evidence that Gardez, RCarl, and their chosen children put their tribe up on the auction block, one way or another, and said "We'll do your bidding, Decide, so long as you let us live." This makes them more a Decide agent than any "spies" THE might have "used." Although, we never used spies - we just accepted what was offered.

And, perhaps Green or Decide can even make that argument. Except, well, we didn't end up selling a tribe out, nor accepting sellouts into our ranks. If people want, at the end of a poker hand, they may show their cards. That is different than accepting one of those offered cards, palming the other, and playing the hand illegitimately.

gardezbien

I...Didn't say that? I said its possible, but I said the most likely thing is that this was a sell-out. Most likely, this was Gardez and RCarl saving their skins at the expense of others. Then again, I'm hearing that this isn't the first world on which Gardez was involved in some kind of problem; now, is it?

FWIW.. this is only my second world. In world 18 I was but mere soldier. And I was not involved in ANY scandal. So I would be very interested in seeing THAT info.

Expense of others? Who suffered?

And I still stand by my theory of a pre-made. I think Atreus had it right only that it is THE that had implemented the plan ! Course I could be giving THE too much credit.

Last edited:

gardezbien

To the best of my knowledge, Decide said, disband and we will believe you are serious. Not, disband in a shady manner for no particular reason so that we can later deal with it. Hmm... but which makes most sense here?

Frankly - Green should have disbanded when the experienced players refused to take the jobs ?????

DeletedUser

Lol! Noooo! AK wasn't spying! :lol: He innocently happened upon Decide's information!

Seriously JP, I've heard AK use that excuse before about people sending him mail, and that I can understand. After all, you get a mail, you open it, you read it to see what it is, and if it was an unexpected tip from an enemy insider, well that couldn't be helped. That's not spying, right?

But that's not what happened here. Lets consider this: you are claiming that accepting an account sit to observe the ongoings of a tribe you plan to attack, and reading through their forums just before launching said attack is not spying.

Now, I will concede that Friar may not have been a spy for THE, or wasn't to the best of my knowledge, but AK was spying himself, by definition of the English language no less! (1) (2)

C'mon JP, how gullible do you take the PnP public? :icon_surprised:

spleen mage

I'm pretty sure AK's primary purpose for taking the account was purely for the "lulz" of having an account in an enemy tribe, rather then gathering information. It's a shame it's percieved that way as in no way would we ever need internal information to kill DECIDE - as the war stats attest too. Do they even fight back?

If I was in AK's position, I would do the same, simply to make a mockery of the enemy. The fact that they didn't notice for 2 days, when it was glaringly obvious, is disgraceful. You flatter yourself when you think we'd like to hunt round DECIDE's forums for "Vital info!!111". We don't think highly enough of the tribe to want any....

DeletedUser

Lol! Noooo! AK wasn't spying! :lol: He innocently happened upon Decide's information!

Seriously JP, I've heard AK use that excuse before about people sending him mail, and that I can understand. After all, you get a mail, you open it, you read it to see what it is, and if it was an unexpected tip from an enemy insider, well that couldn't be helped. That's not spying, right?

But that's not what happened here. Lets consider this: you are claiming that accepting an account sit to observe the ongoings of a tribe you plan to attack, and reading through their forums just before launching said attack is not spying.

Now, I will concede that Friar may not have been a spy for THE, or wasn't to the best of my knowledge, but AK was spying himself, by definition of the English language no less! (1) (2)

You're a bit late, this argument was hashed and re-hashed over a dozen times already... Now you're just beating the horse...

I already admitted to reading their forums (never denied that). Yes, that could be considered spying. The point I was trying to make in the argument (and this is the last time I'm going to clarify this) was that I was having a laugh, and not using that info for the benefit of myself or THE. I still have not posted anything from DECIDE's forums except a few funny quotes that I found (thanks for those Atreaus) and that is all. I also re-iterated that I do not use spies, but like JP mentioned I do accept info that is sent to me. If my DECIDE neighbor sent me intel from their forum tomorrow, I may or may not use it, but he's still my enemy and he is not safe from me.

tangotemptress

ummm.... there's a big difference in walking around a house at night, trying to find an open window, finally finding one, and then climbing inside to poke around secretly without getting caught, leaving, and then repeating again another night....

from

walking by a house, having one of the residents open the door and invite you inside for a cup of tea and allowing you to look around a bit

Both ways, the owner of the house may not know you're there, but one way is a secretive breach of the security, the other was as an invited guest (any resident can invite a guest in)

seriously guys.... must we really continue to argue about this? :icon_rolleyes:

How about this? I challenge you to find something new to argue about instead! :lol:

DeletedUser

You're a bit late, this argument was hashed and re-hashed over a dozen times already... Now you're just beating the horse...

I already admitted to reading their forums (never denied that). Yes, that could be considered spying. The point I was trying to make in the argument (and this is the last time I'm going to clarify this) was that I was having a laugh, and not using that info for the benefit of myself or THE. I still have not posted anything from DECIDE's forums except a few funny quotes that I found (thanks for those Atreaus) and that is all. I also re-iterated that I do not use spies, but like JP mentioned I do accept info that is sent to me. If my DECIDE neighbor sent me intel from their forum tomorrow, I may or may not use it, but he's still my enemy and he is not safe from me.

A fine retort; one you have had, as you said, plenty of time to devise.

But either for shits and giggles, or for the gains it offered (such as knowing whom would be an easy target -- pay attention Spleen, this ties into what you wrote :icon_wink:), you did spy, and the excuse of motive does not negate the fact of the crime. Further, for someone that has repeatedly taken such a profound stance against spying, and as much as your claim to oppose spying is to be acknowledged on these forums, I believe this double standard, whatever the motive, is certainly worth being made clear. And as for the proverbial horse, I am only just now getting into this mix, thus the whole grave digging of this fact.

Cliff note:

My comment was merely to mention that you should be open about the fact you spied, which you did here, so I'm happy with this.

Edit: You're welcome for the quotes by the way. :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Side 1:
Tribes: THE
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: Hammer
Players:

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 51
Side 2: 1
Difference: 50

image.php

Side 1:
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: DECIDE
Players:

Side 1: 53
Side 2: 1
Difference: 52

image.php

Side 1:
Players: parmenion

Side 2:
Tribes: DECIDE Hammer
Players:

Side 1: 106
Side 2: 2
Difference: 104

image.php

grummit

Since the beginning of the war....

Side 1:
Tribes: DECIDE Hammer
Players:

Side 2:
Players:

Timeframe: 15/11/2009 08:42:00 to 18/11/2012 03:43:35

Side 1: 2
Side 2: 66
Difference: 64

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 21,330
Side 2: 617,557
Difference: 596,227

image.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side 1:
Tribes: DECIDE
Players:

Side 2:
Players:

Side 1: 1
Side 2: 50
Difference: 49

image.php

Side 1: 9,456
Side 2: 462,496
Difference: 453,040

image.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side 1:
Tribes: Hammer
Players:

Side 2:
Players:

Side 1: 1
Side 2: 16
Difference: 15

image.php

Side 1: 11,874
Side 2: 155,061
Difference: 143,187

image.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

All in all not unexpected. Should turn out to be good wars.

DeletedUser

What was the difference? Our Hammer team started early, but it's still part of the war. :p

Avangelista

Good luck to both sides and remember to have fun!

Good hunting Hellestarians!