Heavy Cavalry noobs

Yakushi Kabuto

HC and Spear defence is good for war time because this is the most faster to build and easy to move to villages

Pepper871

Unless you are under heavy constant attack andtrying to recover HC is useless and a waste of farm space, sw/sp is much stronger and on a 15tech world that allows your defense to works at its best in any vil off or def.

you can set your techs on every vils sw and sp @ level3 and then make your other techs based on off or def.

Run the simulator on HC/sp compared to sw/sp against nukes and you will see it takes much more to take out 1 vil def of sw/sp.
Therefore build time is eliminated because they dont die as easy.

DeletedUser

Oh, and when you're under attack is a good time to start building them? The "build time" you mentioned means that you should have them ready before you go to war, because HC are a crucial part of any big Op.

DeletedUser

TBH, you might mistake my earlier comments as to advocating a sp/sw defense for this world. I really don't. When it comes to 15 tech worlds, teching issues take precedence over build strength. You either use swords, or you use HC, and you pretty much have to stick with one or the other, unless you use HC for offense. These are the only worlds I use the spear/HC defense, unless I have to (which hasn't happened yet to me.)

Simple tech worlds, where you have the luxury of being able to build anything in a vilalge and not lose fighting strength of the units, then building the strongest defense you have the time to build is the correct choice.

@BR Took - You shouldn't change your build methods just because you are in a war. You should only change your build methods when you are actually running out of defense and need more in a hurry. When that point is, is up to you to decide, of course, but it is still a subjective matter.

DeletedUser19924

Hcav/Spear is useful for a quick defence and can hold 1 nuke but you lose your wall completely and your you lose 9/10 of your defensive force. And your defence is crippled. a second wave loses nothing that cant be replaced in a single day.

A spear and Sword is good to hold a vill. your still take serious casualties but your wall is still standing (although badly damaged) and a second offensive wave loses nearly half of what they send.

So for a recap a Sp/Sw is good for holding a village. it takes longer to build but can hold their own.
Sp/Hcav is good for quick reinforcement but an effective standing defence.(ergo better for later in the game )

DeletedUser

HC/SPEAR defense is not meant to take a nuke by itself.

HC/SPEAR defense is most efficient if you have hC nukes, and you utlize most possible HC to stack fast ;)

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I can build 3 maxed D villages to your 1 Sp. Sw so unsure where you get the strength from?

DeletedUser

Mathematically heavy cav doesnt stack up 1 vs 1 with sp/sw.
On the other hand sword is miles slower.
In a fight do you block or parry?
Both work.

frostyfingers

if one was hands-down the better choice then tw staff would make worlds without one or the other...its all about speed preference and world activity levels around your villages...

the units wouldnt exist if they were not useful over the others in some way, end of story...

DeletedUser19924

if one was hands-down the better choice then tw staff would make worlds without one or the other...its all about speed preference and world activity levels around your villages...

the units wouldnt exist if they were not useful over the others in some way, end of story...

True.

busamad- Sp and Sw it can hold alot better than Sp and Hc. Statistically you keep your Wall in better condition whereas Sp/Hc you lose your Wall completely and have almost no units left. whats the point of having 3 Defence vills if they can get cleared and you lose your wall.

However the Sp/Hc combo is faster than Sp and Sw and is able to reinforce vills faster.

Chinese Democrazy - HC Nukes?
Hc is meant for fast defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
You should never go single D when being attacked if able.

You can grow much quicker with Sp. H/Cav due to strength as I mentioned its near enough 3:1 build time with that in mind early / mid game I am much stronger even more so with the added speed.

That then means safely I can then take more villages than you. Also based on that I can farm with more units. It is only then at around the 100 village mark that I begin to think about the need for a strong D when build times are not so imprtant. Plus with a now with luck safe core area.

The transition is best delt in as a combo Nuke villages have support from Sp. SW. this then gives you the added research for rams now you have morale / stacks to deal with. The D villages can still be supported by whats left of your H/Cav D which does OK until they have been killed off in use / growth & a rolling front line.

H/Cav nukes have their place. I like the option as that 3rd nuke to travel with a train to give some support if you miss time your D. Or play in a world like 19, 34 with no outside support.

DeletedUser19924

See I prefer the Strong D but I still grow pretty fast. (why build it right the second time when you can do it the first time.?) :)

Its when i have several vills that i worry about a fast moving defence.
as the chances of needing a fast moving defence increases.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can build 3 maxed D villages to your 1 Sp. Sw so unsure where you get the strength from?

This is a pretty standard argument for people who build the spear/HC defense consistently. The one flaw with this is, unless you need to rebuild it in that time period then any recruitment speed advantage is negated.

And, village for village, you can't deny that a sp/sw combo is stronger than a sp/HC defense. If you are unsure, just look at the units stats. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

HC are good for quick support. if somebody or you need help quick, HC will get there in time while swords or spears won't. That's the only benefit it really has.

DeletedUser

HC are good for quick support. if somebody or you need help quick, HC will get there in time while swords or spears won't. That's the only benefit it really has.

That's not necessarily true. While HC do travel much faster, saying that swords and spears won't get there in time is false.