Newsletter #8 - Version 6.1 - 2010-03-29

Status
Not open for further replies.

AusKilla

^ You can snipe with 1 village's worth of defensive troops

and to HaekelHansi it WONT be 150ms it'll be longer (depending on how much your attacks get spaced out).

If your good enough to snipe with 1 attack then your timing is good enough to time nobles from seperate villages to land in les than 150ms then is it not?

Your point your trying to make here is....?

DeletedUser

Say it can't be so.. why punish good players because poor players can not snipe a fast train? 150 ms was bad enough. why are you making it worse on us?

granted my average is 300ms but thats me and I object to this change

i agree only way now will be noblenukes .

snipes too easy

DeletedUser

Give me your address. I'll fly a plane to your house and send a 50 ms train in front of you on your computer.

Now, wiseguy, stop thinking no one can do something using a legal method just because you can't.

Your argument is as pathetic as the people that assume rank 1 players have no life and just are super active instead of admit to themselves that the top players are simply better than them.

People like you sicken me. Always making excuses for your own inadequacies by trying to criticize your superiors.

Hmm. Thanks for that. Are you actually capable of making a post that isn't a flame or actually makes a point without being abusive? And frankly just nasty. Lose the anger. I've seen too many things up close and first hand, to be any less cynical about this game. Superiors? If being superior means behaving like you, then I'm proud not to be one of you anymore.

The elites of this game are under the misguided notion that they are the most important players in the game. Its not true. They make up a tiny tiny fraction of the game playing population. They just happen to be the ones with the biggest mouths. It is in fact the average or good players who make up the majority of players and I view them as much more important and having a much better attitude towards having fun and enjoying the game. Changes that are made should be made with these players in mind. Not the most 'elite'.

I've played with the 'elites' and would never do so again for various reasons. My level of gameplay and knowledge is not poor. Maybe not the best, but certainly good enough to give most a run for their money. I just view this as not just being about the 'elites' but by the standard of the wider population of TW.

In reality the 'elites' whinging the most, can disappear off to .co.uk if they are so wildly offended by the rule change. It would suit me fine. The game doesn't need them or their attitude. The type of attitude most have - which your post is highly stereotypical of - is a much bigger and more damaging thing to the game.

The reality of the situation is the number of players who are capable of the type of noble trains, co-trained in the manner you speak of, is what maybe 20? 30 at a push? I've been around long enough to know which players actually can do that, and which are capable of little more than hot air. And even then there's very few occasions that even the best players need to play in this manner anyway.

Besides which the above type of player, generally doesn't play a world much longer than about 6 weeks before they've got bored anyway, leaving the core of a world pretty dead, as they've already defeated anyone who may be of a decent standard but with a little more staying power.

The reality is, that this rule change is going to affect things for such a small number of people, and will benefit far more as a lot more people who are capable of a 150ms train and do so when faking.

DeletedUser

Has anyone stopped to think that it just got really easy to time little mini-nukes in between your nobles? Split a nuke in 4 and have the server space them out to hit between your nobles at 50ms gaps.... do that from a few villages and sniping could actually prove pretty difficult...

Could someone answer my question about support commands please? Apologies if I missed it, thread is moving fast.

DeletedUser

I need an explanation. We now already know a perfect 4 train will be:

00:00:00:000
00:00:00:050
00:00:00:100
00:00:00:150

Now... lets say you do the following:

00:00:00:010
00:00:00:140

Will it be:

00:00:00:180
00:00:00:230

or:

00:00:00:140
00:00:00:190

or:

00:00:00:100

DeletedUser51138

@Fierce Star

You're saying that only the "elites" are against this, when that is not the case.

I consider myself an average player at best, and I am still feeling the heat of the slower timing of the trains. Had to read your last sentence a few times, and the "faking" isn't really going to change for these people anyways...

@Auskiller, nope I'm a noob, sniping is considerably easier then timing certain attacks to last within a 150ms frame. Basically it's making sniping easier while making train times slower (sure it's a very slight change, but even 10's of milliseconds is a huge gap to fill when sniping, especially for the newer players, in which this extra time will benefit).

@Ctik

It'll be your first one:

"00:00:00:000
00:00:00:180
00:00:00:230"

DeletedUser

I need further clarification as this is not 100% clear regarding the 200ms rule.

If I send a train that is...in total...200ms but the gap between attack #1 and attack #2 is less than 50ms that breaks the rules?

DeletedUser51138

I need further clarification as this is not 100% clear regarding the 200ms rule.

If I send a train that is...in total...200ms but the gap between attack #1 and attack #2 is less than 50ms that breaks the rules?

all it does is adjust the time from attack #1 to #2 to 50ms.

so if you send like this:

it would be

DeletedUser

Hmm. Thanks for that. Are you actually capable of making a post that isn't a flame or actually makes a point without being abusive? And frankly just nasty. Lose the anger. I've seen too many things up close and first hand, to be any less cynical about this game. Superiors? If being superior means behaving like you, then I'm proud not to be one of you anymore.

The elites of this game are under the misguided notion that they are the most important players in the game. Its not true. They make up a tiny tiny fraction of the game playing population. They just happen to be the ones with the biggest mouths. It is in fact the average or good players who make up the majority of players and I view them as much more important and having a much better attitude towards having fun and enjoying the game. Changes that are made should be made with these players in mind. Not the most 'elite'.

I've played with the 'elites' and would never do so again for various reasons. My level of gameplay and knowledge is not poor. Maybe not the best, but certainly good enough to give most a run for their money. I just view this as not just being about the 'elites' but by the standard of the wider population of TW.

In reality the 'elites' whinging the most, can disappear off to .co.uk if they are so wildly offended by the rule change. It would suit me fine. The game doesn't need them or their attitude. The type of attitude most have - which your post is highly stereotypical of - is a much bigger and more damaging thing to the game.

The reality of the situation is the number of players who are capable of the type of noble trains, co-trained in the manner you speak of, is what maybe 20? 30 at a push? I've been around long enough to know which players actually can do that, and which are capable of little more than hot air. And even then there's very few occasions that even the best players need to play in this manner anyway.

Besides which the above type of player, generally doesn't play a world much longer than about 6 weeks before they've got bored anyway, leaving the core of a world pretty dead, as they've already defeated anyone who may be of a decent standard but with a little more staying power.

The reality is, that this rule change is going to affect things for such a small number of people, and will benefit far more as a lot more people who are capable of a 150ms train and do so when faking.

Simply put you show the same pathetic symptoms most players seem to.

When someone can do something that you can't you immediately begin making excuses. Either they're cheating because their trains are too fast. They're being pushed because they're growing too fast. They have 5-6 co-players because one player could never grow that fast, etc. etc.

Simply put I doubt you'd appreciate it if every time you played a world and hit rank 1 the majority of the players began loudly claiming that it was because you played all day and didn't have a social life like they did instead of simply admitting that you, like them, are human, have a job, have a family, and have a social life, and are simply a more accomplished player than they are due to knowing how to play better than they do.

DeletedUser

No, the rule is 150 ms for 4 attacks, but due to the changes, it will get auto made so the minimum time between any two attacks is 50 ms. Now I might be wrong completely (I hope not) but with this implementation I believe the entire rule about the train speed is gone. So there is no way to break a rule regarding attack speed as we wont have one.

DeletedUser

If you send to attacks from the same village to the same village and they are less 50 ms apart it will autospace it for you, so you don't have to worry about sending the illegal 150 ms trains. Continue to do the speed clicking if you wish, it will autospace for you.

DeletedUser

Ok I get the reasoning behind the 50ms part etc. But the same reasoning surely cannot apply to:

Future worlds will likely guarantee a 100ms gap between attacks. Future high performance rounds will likely not enforce any gap.

Is this 'update' mandatory from Innogames themselves? Because if it is I think it's safe to say this is another ruse to get more people to play HP or what not, create some more revenue and all that. If it isn't mandatory (and someone from staff please answer) is there any chance of a future world without any sort of gap-garbage?

DeletedUser656

Sorry, I didn't word it well.

The rule ensures that there will be at least 50ms between every attack sent at the same target village.

This means if you send 4 nobles at the same village from the same village at exactly the same time, they'll be spaced out using the 50ms rule.

If you send 4 nobles from the same village to 4 different villages at the same time, they will not be spaced out.

Okay, one final clarification, sorry about the confusion. We've just revised the setting so that my post no longer applies. It doesn't matter what the target is, if you send two attacks one after each other, no matter where to, the spacing rule will be enforced.

DeletedUser

Ok I get the reasoning behind the 50ms part etc. But the same reasoning surely cannot apply to:

Is this 'update' mandatory from Innogames themselves? Because if it is I think it's safe to say this is another ruse to get more people to play HP or what not. If it isn't mandatory (and someone from staff please answer) is there any chance of a future world without any sort of gap-garbage?

There might be. I personally have not seen and dont see that much of the technical side. I personally am for having some worlds where it would be relaxed, but its not my choice.

DeletedUser

If you send to attacks from the same village to the same village and they are less 50 ms apart it will autospace it for you, so you don't have to worry about sending the illegal 150 ms trains. Continue to do the speed clicking if you wish, it will autospace for you.

Thank you and Calis for the clarification. Not a big fan of the rule but at least I can live with that explanation. I was afraid it would make you cancel the attacks and have to do it over.

chucklefang

Itt: Everyone getting butt hurt over a new rule.

Jesus people can everyone just bitch a little bit more without being constructive at all. It was already stated that the total gap would still be 150ms. One thing this change will promote is both team work and coordination between multiple villages. That I don't see as bad at all. Anybody can string a train together from a single village, but when you have to do it from multiple villages, that can be tricky.

Also I love how everyone is acting like any random player can snipe a 200 ms train at will. Over my almost 4 years of playing this game, I have personally encountered very few that were/ are able to snipe a train. Of course there have been some exceptions to this in the past and varying from world to world/ my starting location. But still the main part of the player base is not able to do this. Also everyone has to remember that a large part of the player base is not active on the forums. That being said a poll on this subject would just cater to the so called "elitist" minority who are not in favor of this change, and of course the random others who would vote no for this. The naysayers would also fit into two categories. One being the clueless and uninformed who did not know what they were voting for. The other group of course being the average player of average caliber, which again let me remind you, is the largest part of the player base.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

@Fierce Star

You're saying that only the "elites" are against this, when that is not the case.

I consider myself an average player at best, and I am still feeling the heat of the slower timing of the trains.

And I'll say again, how many extra players is this going to be a problem against?
How many more players are going to be able to snipe a 200ms train compared to a 150ms one? Very few.
Yeah in a very small number of cases, it will make things harder. But then this encourages more of a challenge, and force people to think beyond a 4 noble boring predictable noble train, which you should consider against anyone who is capable of sniping a 150ms train anyway!!!

I really don't see the problem. I doubt when the change comes into effect that most people will even notice the difference. Its just everyone getting very upset about change. And most people don't like change, even if it is logical and actually is a better solution to an issue. People just aren't prepared to even consider it properly as they have already made up their mind without considering the issue first with an open mind.

modesty

This has no effect on my playing style, I always thought the 4 nobles from one village was a poor way of playing. Now you all can learn a new and better way of sending nobles. Being able to click buttons fast isn't a skill. Being able to time, figure out your lag, figuring out the best attack strategy, etc, those are skills. So people can still send trains at around 50 ms - 100 ms, if they were good, smart players. Also you have to remember not only does the new thing effect attacks, but sending support too.

Totally agree. And now defenders doesn't have to spend time checking for illegal fakes/trains from multiple players :) Noble trains from same village that are n00bs playing style regardless how fast they are! Even a blind hen find a corn from time to time :icon_wink: Stop whining and learn how to play the game by real skill and use strategy aka as the thing inside your head :lol:.

DeletedUser5561

Why not do this like the other new rules? Have one new world with the limit and one without and see what world the players start in?

Status
Not open for further replies.